Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
[PL] Council Recruitment (For Pre-Existing & New! Open!!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:19 pm
Hello. The PL needs more council members, so here we are to find them! I will be looking for some that are already members, as well as some 'new' faces that will emerge from 'NPC' status.

1. ICly these will have been established council members. The Pridelands is a very, very large pride, and so a larger council is needed to help maintain control and listen to members' concerns.

2. Please note that I am in the process of relinquishing control of the Pridelands; that means that you should be aware that soon, other people will have OOC control over the Pridelands. Please be courteous to whomever that will be when it occurs.

3. Obviously these are for the Pridelands. For now, you must keep them in the pride. In the future, mattering on how your plots go, you can ask the new (currently unknown) pride owners if you can take them out and/or demote them. Please note that they will reserve the right to turn you down.

4. You may enter into both contests. If you excel at them both, there is a chance you may end up with two council members at the end of this contest. I would like to broaden the people who own council members, but I also don't want to hobble any chances at great character growth and development. You can, however, only have two (2) council members total.

5. If you drop off the face of Gaia for a while (several months?), you'll keep your SoA, but lose your spot on the council. I just want people who are reachable for possible plots (either with me or the future owner(s)).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm
Your Current Council

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As you can see, its full of pretty manes (aha!).

Councillors for the Pridelands usually come from large family lines. To have such large families thrive in the Pridelands means that they're deeply rooted into the development and healthy growth of the pride. And while this was the case for the first year or so of having the council, it was decided that having a little more variance on the members may help offer better perspective for all members.

That said, it should be known that the Pridelands has been a little unsettled for some time. Tau, the king, has still not taken an mate; there is still an unsolved murder that happened two years ago, and the wave of unsettling visions that many of the pride's seers received around that time disappeared without resolution. Many of the latter two things have been forgotten over time; but it is hard to ignore the fact that Tau still has no heir of his own. The pressure is mounting for him, but what have the council been doing to assure that the monarchy is secure?

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:22 pm
Do you already have an established Pridelander? Are you interested in having them become a Councillor? Perfect!

I am looking for 3 lions that were born or have been living in the Pridelands for a time! C: Even if your lion left and rejoined, clearly there was a reason for them coming back. I would like to know a bit about them, their history as being part of the pride, and what they feel like the pride should be moving towards.

Some ideas:
  • How do they feel about non-lions?
  • Also, what is their belief about gods? (please remember that the official PL stance is to ignore that gods exist, but individual belief is up to each SoA)
  • How do they feel about the royal family?
  • Do they feel connected to most of the pride, or moreso are just loyal to their blood family?
  • Don't limit yourself to this; I just am curious to see how they feel about things.

[size=15][color=green][b]My Pridelander is Council Material![/b][/color][/size]
[b]SoA Name:[/b]
[b]SoA Image:[/b]
[b]Any Notable Family:[/b] (i.e. related to the royal family, they have a huge extended family)
[b] Any Noteworthy Skills:[/b] (i.e. badass hunters, seers, empathetic, etc)
[b]The Petition:[/b] (this is where you can explain why they may make a good councilor. They do not need to be perfect; complexity keeps things interesting)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Councillor 2 Councillor 1 Councillor 3 Councillor 4

This is for those who either a) don't have any Pridelanders, or b) don't have a pre-existing Pridelander that would fit on the Council. We have four lions that are available to you! This is through a prompt/character contest.

There are no specific prompts for each character. I will give you the option of picking a prompt, and selecting a lion you feel goes with it. You may try for all of these, but may only win one.

1. Contrarian
2. Quietly Devout
3. Typical Pridelander

As copied from above, I am interested in your ideas of how your not-NPC feelings about PL behavior.

Some ideas:
  • How do they feel about non-lions?
  • Also, what is their belief about gods? (please remember that the official PL stance is to ignore that gods exist, but individual belief is up to each SoA)
  • How do they feel about the royal family?
  • Do they feel connected to most of the pride, or moreso are just loyal to their blood family?
  • Don't limit yourself to this; I just am curious to see how they feel about things.

[size=15][color=saddlebrown][b]To Emerge from NPC Status[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Councilor #:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b] (Contrarian, devout, typical...)
[b]How did they join?[/b] (don't forget that for a period of time, PL lost its lines; they could be born in from earlier gens)
[b]The Petition:[/b]

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:20 pm
This is open~ I will determine an ending time soon, but it will be open for 2-3 weeks.

Please let me know if you have any questions; please post questions in the thread and quote me. I will share bits of the upcoming meta, so if you need a little clarification on anything, don't hesitate to ask. I may keep certain things close to my chest until they are ready to be revealed ~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 pm
My Pridelander is Council Material!
SoA Name: Areoiris
SoA Image: User Image
Any Notable Family: No relation to the royal family <3 His dad is the God of Hate and he was Raised by the God of Leadership. wink
Any Noteworthy Skills: He was a hunter before becoming a scout and has taken a couple of trips out of the pridelands to get to know the surrounding areas and know what his pride has to look forward too from it's neighbors if anything. He has friends in the kizingo'zaa, bahari and the stormborn because of these ventures. He is also a seer.
The Petition: Areo is a strong leader when it comes down to it. He's very compassionate and willing to go the distance to help those in need, regardless of what it is they require. He went as far to help a couple females sire bloodlines to bring strong and healthy cubs into the world as well as help one of them give new life to their pride that had been rebuilding after a flood had destroyed them. He has two mates in the pridelands, one of them has memory loss and the other is a healer. When he's not able to watch after Mati his other mate ensure's she's well taken care of. She's currently trying herbal remedies to try and help her retain her thoughts better. He's been in the pridelands since birth, and despite his biological father's legacy he was raised right by the God of Leadership and feels as though most of what the God stands for has rubbed off on him.

He hasn't made friends with too many within the pride but that doesn't stop him from being friendly and open towards others. He likes to strike up conversations that challenge the mind and keep one on their toes. He doesn't have much of an opinion on the royal family (mainly because I honestly don't know much about them so I can't really have him form an opinion right now -I can read up to have him have one tho-).

The fact that his father is a God and he was raised by one not to mention ran into a number throughout his years he strongly believes in them. While he knows the pride's stance is a little different he isn't afraid to share his feelings or relationship to them towards others. His seer powers came from his lineage and he's proud of it, even if his biological father isn't the best God to be related to. At least he has fire in his blood that is used towards his goals.

When it comes to non-lions he's quite interested in their heritages, especially hybrids. He likes to learn what he can from them since it gives him a bit of an advantage in case someone were to attack being of a different species. It allows him to know how they move and how they react.

He's very loyal to his blood family and his friend Koios. There is something about the male that Areo has found himself drawn to and the two of them are pretty much brothers for life, despite not being blood related. He'll fight tooth and nail for his family but he won't hesitate to extend that same loyalty to the pride. As the pride's members are it's life force and he'd die before allowing one of them to be injured by him standing idly by.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm
Another question lol. You said you can enter both, but in the second you specify that it's for people without a pridelander or have a pridelander that doesn't fit. I think areo would fit but I also want to enter in the other one. Can I? Since there is contradicting words in that contest XD

"You may enter into both contests. If you excel at them both, there is a chance you may end up with two council members at the end of this contest. I would like to broaden the people who own council members, but I also don't want to hobble any chances at great character growth and development. You can, however, only have two (2) council members total."
"This is for those who either a) don't have any Pridelanders, or b) don't have a pre-existing Pridelander that would fit on the Council. "  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:44 pm
AstoriaFallen
Another question lol. You said you can enter both, but in the second you specify that it's for people without a pridelander or have a pridelander that doesn't fit. I think areo would fit but I also want to enter in the other one. Can I? Since there is contradicting words in that contest XD

"You may enter into both contests. If you excel at them both, there is a chance you may end up with two council members at the end of this contest. I would like to broaden the people who own council members, but I also don't want to hobble any chances at great character growth and development. You can, however, only have two (2) council members total."
"This is for those who either a) don't have any Pridelanders, or b) don't have a pre-existing Pridelander that would fit on the Council. "
Yes, you may enter. I wrote this at two separate times.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:53 pm
My Pridelander is Council Material!
SoA Name: Soren
SoA Image: User Image
Any Notable Family: Related to the royal family [Otea>Uzalishaji>Ezeoha>Rehani>Mufasa/Sarabi]
Any Noteworthy Skills: He's a seer, and he will probably talk one's ear off if allowed to.
The Petition: Soren is a relative talkative lion, especially to those not born in the pride. He finds himself connected to rogues that join, more so than members born in. He can sense the presence of a rogue near the borders, which brings for interesting conversation later when he actually tries to find them. His full siblings have 'strange' senses as well, yet his half siblings he found do not. He equated that it must have something to do with his father, yet he has never personally met him. When he was younger, he vowed to find him, and even set off on a trip to do so, before finding his mother injured by her cousin a mile from the Pridelands border. This halted his plans, and he ended putting that idea on the back burner.

Soren is really indifferent about non-lions. He doesn't dislike them, but he also does not go out of his way to speak with one.

His personal stance on gods is he needs to see one to believe they exist. Having never actually met one (that he knows of), to him they are just stories told to children at bed time. He has friends in the Pridelands, however, that swear they have encountered a deity. His stance is still pretty firm, needs to see them to say the exist.

Overall, Soren is pretty loyal to everyone. Since he is technically related to the royal family, he thinks no different as if they were his direct family. (As long as they are not giant huggers like his grandpa is, then they are good.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 am
To Emerge from NPC Status
Councilor #: 1
Prompt: Typical Pridelander
How did they join? Jiri was found as a young cub on the borders of the Pridelands. All things considered, it was fairly fortunate of her to be abandoned so close to prosperous lands. She was taken in by the pride and raised among the ranks. Whatever caused her to be left alone is not something she remembers, nor cares to remember.
The Petition: Jiri is about all one can expect out of a Pridelander. Raised by the pride as a whole, she has a very welcoming attitude towards newcomers. Though she believes the Pridelands are meant to be ruled by lions, she has never been opposed to welcoming in new species. It is not in her heart to turn away anyone in need, especially considering her own circumstances upon joining the Pridelands.

She does not believe in gods in the common way. While she agrees different creatures exist, she doesn't think it is right to call them gods or revere them in any special way. The only truth of the world is the Circle of Life.

Jiri has faith in the royal family, at least in that Tau will take a mate soon. While succession has been tumultuous at times, the formation of a council has helped support and act as a backbone for the royal family. She believes they are the rightful rulers of the Pridelands, and that the system they have developed now for the Pride simply works. For her, the royal family is part of the identity of the Pridelands, and she would be pleased to see the royal bloodline continue.

She is a member of the pride in every essence of the word. With no blood ties of her own, the entire pride became her family. Jiri is well-known for trying to make connections with everyone, from hunters to nannies. The only thing that stops her from knowing everyone is that there are just so many members within the pride. But, she does her best to invest herself in every aspect of the pride. Before rising onto the council, Jiri was a good source of information on just about a good portion of the pride. She liked to know about other's lives, occassionally check in on new and expanding families. If someone was sick or injured and she knew, there she would be helping them recover.

It's no wonder she doesn't have a family of her own with how busy she keeps herself. But that has never bothered her. The Pridelands is her family.  

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:58 am
Councilor #: 3
Prompt: Contrarian
How did they join? Djuro is descended from former Outlanders. While some members of his family have left the pride, his position on the council ensures that Djuro remains.
The Petition: Djuro's name means "earthworker". While not necessarily literal, it does forshadow the down-to-earth, very solid personality that he's retained since adolescence. He prefers to give others the benefit of the doubt and look on the bright side of situations when he can. When that's not an option, he aims to understand all sides of a problem before choosing a solution, not being one for emotion-induced or snap decisions. He is not against getting his paws dirty if he has to, though he takes no joy in heavy-handedness and violence and aims to get it over with as efficiently and painlessly as possible. Belief in the Circle of Life, and the pride's open-mindedness in general agrees with him.

After a lot of time spent in the PL, Djuro has reached the point where he is able to be civil with most non-lions, but he still finds himself falling prey to old stereotypes surrounding them. Leopards are sneaky and untrustworthy, for instance; cheetahs are scatterbrained and flighty. Hybrids are generally assumed to have inherited the deficiencies of their respective halves and not the strengths. The 'familiar' species are weaker creatures that obviously depend on their bonds to protect them, unless they're prey - Djuro doesn't claim to understand those relationships at all. While he would try to be cordial to those who nurture them, it's possible that he would treat someone with an obvious prey familiar with condescension. With time, he might be open to overcoming these views for all non-lions except hyenas: previous scuffles with the Mava'bunda mean that those particular creatures make Djuro's hackles rise every time.

Not to say that he'd ever be intentionally mean to anyone. He feels responsible for the lions of the Pridelands, not the least because of his position, and takes it very seriously - even if he might be a bit out of place among most. Socially, he's more the type to connect with a chosen few rather than play the bustling socialite.

Djuro chafes under the average Pridelander's insistence that gods do not exist. While he's never met one, he has heard seers speak of them before. Common sense dictates that multiple lions mentioning their winged, massive, glowing fathers or mothers means that something like it must surely exist. But he knows the way the pride works, so he'll never go shouting from Pride Rock that they need to acknowledge the existence of these mysterious deities. He will, however, be one to take seers more seriously than most. The fact that they all cried out about a singular event and were simultaneously disregarded/pushed aside would be a sticking point with him.

In his own head, Djuro doesn't afford the royal family a ton of prestige, but isn't foolish enough to ignore what they do. Since of course, it impacts them all. Whether the pride's leader is born inside the lands or not doesn't much matter to him; either way, he's inclined to treat the ruling parties with respect. If he is worried about the fact that Tau has yet to produce an heir, it would be less for the sake of the pride and more out of concern for Tau himself.

However, when not bound to do so for the council or interacting with individual members, Djuro is more likely to keep his head down around the royals. His upbringing gives him some arguable unpopular opinions when it comes to the PL royal line, and it's something he would prefer not to get into. The less he has to think about it, the less it conflicts with his day-to-day life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 pm
X  

BaobabToL

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm
Councilor #: 2
Prompt: Quietly Devout
How did they join? Businge was born after her mother, who was rouge joined the pridelands. She was then raised among the pride and grew up with the other pridelanders.
The Petition: Businge devoutly ignores the gods as she was taught as a cub they do not factor into her life and does not feel she needs them to live her life and help guide the pride in their lives. She is accepting of the other species in the pridelands.

She is never cruel or rude to them, she wishes to help and guide everyone in the pridelands to live as is proper. She has always felt connected to the pride, she had made many friends since she opened her eyes and then was old enough to roll around and explore with the other cubs. She has never left the pridelands so she has never know another way of life. Her mother has not left the prideland since she came to live there when Businge was born.

Since her family line is fairly short Businge is open to all the family lines, the pridelands are clearly full of vast wonderous history and bloodline, but she is always willing to listen to every family because she is not one of the long blood lines. She feels it gives her a strength rather then a weakness because she is not blinded by her own agenda.

She is a little bit shy, and nervous around the male of the pride even though she would like to have a mate and litter of cubs she is not sure she is ready for a romantic relationship. Which is what she wants and what is believes is best for a family. Since her own mother was abandoned by the male she had a fling with. She is against flings and would not have one herself. She wants a family where the male and female are both there for the birth of the cubs. All the way to adulthood or at very least adolescence. She will accept nothing less for her life plans.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Councilor #: 1
Prompt: Contrarian
How did they join? Tukio was born a pridelander.
The Petition:
She quite enjoyed the world contained in the borders. It was the only world she ever knew. Her father was a beloved pride member who made frequent trips outside the borders, for trade and diplomatic relations. Eventually, he took Tukio along with him... and her world has expanded ever since then.

The world outside of the pridelands is so vast. Tukio, once a stubborn believer of the Pride Lands' ways, eventually decided to expand her knowledge and outlook. Her brief trips with her father was simply not enough. There was more out there. She knew there was more but had only gotten just a glimpse, just a taste of what the world could offer. And so, when she was old enough, she proclaimed that she would travel for a time and come back to her beloved home eventually.

Her trips broadened her mind. Tukio saw ruins that amazed her. She wondered what sort of creatures used such places. She heard tales of prides, packs, and colonies, old ones, new ones, even dispersed ones. She heard of great floods, avalanches, and a deadly plague. She heard rumors of the pride that she should avoid due to her lion blood. She heard of a pride wrought with insanity. She saw snow and smelled the salty air of the sea. And, in most places than not, she found the existence of gods; whether a worshipped individual or simply the faith in a higher being.

It puzzled her. There were so many faithful in her broadened world. She felt like all her life, she had been upside down and poking fun of everyone for standing the wrong way. Was their ignorance to the gods really safe? So many prides lost… so many misfortunate souls. What if… turning a blind eye from the gods ruined them?

Tukio mused over this for many years, even after she returned home, fully grown. She knew that their way of thinking had always been like that and that nothing as disastrous had happened. There wasn’t an active cause to suddenly start believing. But just because it didn’t happen didn’t mean it wouldn’t happen. With each passing day, Tukio convinced herself that acknowledging the gods and perhaps aligning themselves with one would secure the future of their beautiful pride. In fact… it could even help the Pridelanders flourish.

She was well into her years, old enough to already have a couple of litters, when she ran for council. And, surprisingly, won. Perhaps it was her tenacious attitude and passion to speak. When she gained reputation, she decided it was high time to start positioning for a change. A change for the better. A change that would bring together their pride even more so.

Of course, she was first and foremost raised a pridelander. And her loyalty to the royal family runs deep. Although she will vocalize her opinion loud and clear, when it comes to the royal family, she does it with the utmost respect. However, this may change if she thinks the royal family leads them down the path of ruin.

Ideas:
+She is the type to hold assemblies and try to gather interest in her cause for change.
+She will more than likely bump heads with the typical pridelander councilor, if there is one.
+I do not mind making her an antagonist later down the road(or even earlier, if the OOC owners would like some meta drama).
+She will always try to do what she thinks is best for the pride. Her idea of best might not actually be the best, however. And due to her stubbornness and blind faith in the gods, this could potentially lead to drama until it’s brought to light that she’s hurting the pride.
+Although I forgot to mention it in the above part, she does not mind non-lions. She has traveled and therefore, is not particularly racist(speciesist?). However, she is against hybrids, since most cannot breed and those who can have very low fertility. She looks down on cross-species breeding, believing that it will eventually cause the pride to dwindle down.
+She would sacrifice her blood family in an instant if she thought it would save the pride. But it would have to be dire (or dire in her mind). Still, she puts the pride before her own blood.
+Her name means "Event" in Swahili  

- Mynsed -

[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas