Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:01 pm
She winced a bit at the new nickname she seemed to have obtained. She'd never had one before, so she wasn't quite sure how she felt about them. But she didn't seem to be feeling 'Bergy' too much. She sighed, hoping that the newfound nickname meant he wasn't such a bad lion after all. But since she had still yet to technically make his acquaintance, she couldn't be sure. Instead she remained shaky and her voice trembled as she spoke. "B-Bergy? No, no my name is Bergljot!" She hoped this time he'd hear her and maybe introduce himself. Perhaps the nickname was his way of breaking the ice? Or maybe he truly was just a big jerk faced lion! "Yo- You still haven't told me anything about yourself! Only that I interrupted your nap! I didn't mean to, i'm sorry...." Her apology could have easily went unheard as she allowed her voice to drift off into nothingness.

His maw curling upwards into a toothy grin, Vaatia knew that this was his moment. This was the perfect time and chance to show himself. He couldn't of asked for a better one! Narrowing his eyes down upon a patch of ground a couple feet away from her, the male jumped down from the branch he had stopped upon, landing squarely and majestically on his target. His white and black form unfurled itself, showing just how large of a lion he truly was. His red-pink eyes peered upon the female that now sat in front of him, taking in what she truly was... And she was... Oddly beautiful. Pushing that thought aside though for the moment, he gave her his toothy grin, bowing his head ever so slightly. He wasn't COMPLETELY rude afterall.
"I am Vaatia..." he trailed off, putting much emphasis on the A's in his name, holding himself high. "You did bother me from my quite relaxing nap, but... I may be able to forgive you for that intrusion. Tell me, Ms. Bergy... What are you doing here? You don't look like you're quite from around this neck of the woods." He could tell that his nickname for her wasn't wanted, but he rather enjoyed it. Her actual name just didn't fit into his mouth well. So, why not make it easier on his delicate tongue?

Bergljot's shoulders began to relax, if only a little once the male had made his presence known. But that wasn't until after she'd managed to jump back several feet in shock. She noticed the way he eyed her, and took it as a sign of friendliness more than anything else. Perhaps this strange male was just not that great at trying to be nice. She could understand that, there were plenty of lions in her pride that were the same way.

"Vaatia was it?" She paused a moment sounding the name out slowly as she went, before promptly blurting out, "I LIKE IT!" She smiled a silly grin, "It suits you y'know? Or at least it sure seems to." She paused as she listened to his next remark and she heaved a very thankful sigh of relief. "I'm hopeful that you will, it truly wasn't my intent. Though to answer your question, I guess i'm a little lost. Both physically and spiritually. I am definitely not from these parts, the land here is so flat!" She mused, knocking her paw to thr ground. "I'm used to a much more bumpy terrain." A giggle escaped her maw as she continued. "I'm usually not one for leaving my pride, but my Captain took me out for a viking and well, now that its over I was just trying to take a little stroll on my own. But I guess i'm not all that great at that either."

Suddenly a giggle escaped the maw of the lioness. Vaatia's black ears went back and his eyes held a startled look within them. He definitely hadn't expected that... This lioness had a rough look about her. Of course, looks were often deceiving, but even to experience the purest form of joy... The giggle still caught him off guard.

"Uh-huh... Okay then. Yes. Thank you for liking my name. I think." As he listened to her short tale, it became more and more clear that Bergljot was from a land that Vaatia had not yet encountered. Bumpy lands? Captain and what did she call that thing? A viking? What in the world was she talking about? He nodded his head ever so slightly and began to wonder if maybe this female was a little... Crazy. "I'm sorry, but could please explain yourself a bit more? I do not know who Captain is or what a viking is, much less this protruding ground you seem to speak of."

Maybe jumping down from the tree tops had been a mistake.

Bergljot was a bit taken aback from his questions, she hadn't really stopped to think that others may not know exactly what it was she spoke of. She had just spoken this way her entire life, and now she was expected to change? Well, he wasn't really asking her to change, but he did think an explanation was in order ... and well, she couldn't really blame him for that. "Oh! S-Sorry Vaatia, I didn't realize my tongue was different than your's." She pondered for a moment the easiest way to explain herself and continued. "I come from a place that has huge, larger than life rock formations, that shoot from the ground. Kinda like trees! But instead of wood, its lots and lots of rock! They build into these huge triangle type stuctures, that you can climb. Its the best place in the world! Lots of places to hide, and lots of places to see from. Its the perfect vantage point if you need one!" She paused for a moment thinking of how to explain her other ramblings. "Well ... you see, a Captain is sort of like the leader of group of lions who go out on a hunt. He's our leader, he makes sure we're safe and leads us into our next hunt! Which is sort of what a viking is, its a hunt! We search for food, treasures, drinks, even lions!" She paused, sure that this was all too much for him. "B-But don't worry, I don't hunt lions, I only hunt for treasure. My Captain isn't into the whole 'kidnapping thing', which is to say i'm not either. I actually find that practice a little strange."

Okay then. Sooo.. This lioness was from a place... A pride that was extremely out of Vaatia's realm of exploration. Here he had thought that he had made progress in his explorations! Apparently not though. This place almost seemed like a place of evil in a way. Rocks that seemingly smashed into each other to form high landscapes and lions that hunted for treasure and some that even hunted for other lions? That was not the natural order of things.

"Kidnapping you say...?" His voice trailed off into silence, taking in all of what the lioness had done her best to explain. "Okay. Well... I appreciate your lack of enthusiasm in continuing with that practice. I, for one, would refuse to be captured, especially by a... Female." His eyes peered into the lioness' own, once again captivated by the simple beauty she had about her. Damn his playing ways! He snarled slightly, his white teeth gleaming amongst his black maw. "You would be in for quite the fight, dear Bergy."

She'd never admit it aloud, but she kidna felt like the nickname might be growing on her. It seemed to bother her less and less each time he said it, which was surprising because it did not sound like an alluring name. She supposed that was just how nicknames worked, you earned it and it stuck no matter what. Eventually you'd get used to it, and that would be your life from then on. But her assumptions seemed to be disproven by how quickly she had grown used to the name.

Bergljot nodded solemnly at the male as he questioned what she'd said. "It's an old practice, one that probably should have died out by now. But there a re those among us who feel that there's a certain something extra to coming home with a captured lion. I for one just think its strange." She shuddered at the idea of attempting to bring another home with her, not only would it be quite the feat for her, but she just couldn't imagine doing it. "Well, I might just have to come back some day and take you up on that!" She laughed lightly, but was afraid her comment might be taken the wrong way. "I'm not much for fighting right now, but i''m always trying to get stronger. I might just have to come back and test my strength!"

A white eyebrow rose, the lion's head leaning back slightly and simply staring at the lioness. "You are kidding, aren't you? What makes you think you'd be strong enough to fight a male? Much less a male from the Rogue Lands where we are more akin to our surroundings?" He huffed and chuckled. Surely this female did not think she could win a fight against him! There was a reason Vaatia had been previously entertained the idea in joining a vampire pride.

"My dear..." The large white and black lion stood up, looking down upon Bergljot, his mane only adding to his intimidating size. "You would simply not win." He had to see how she would react. He had a feeling of what he was going to receive, but one could never be so sure. So, he took this moment to push her buttons, purosefully trying to get a fun reaction out of the white and golden lady. "As for the capturing of another lion, an equal to yourself, that should be a dead practice, especially for a lady. How utterly... Despicable."

Vaatia's sudden change in attitude took Bergljot by surprise and her body began to shake in response. The things he spoke were true, but she still had to admit that her small joke had given her some confidence and a goal to push for. But she could understand where Vaatia's words came from. "N-no I wasn't kidding, but I guess you're right." Her head drooped a bit as she spoke, her eyes losing that little bit of pep they had gained in his more friendly presence. "It was silly to even make that comment, i'm sorry, I won't say it again." Lowering her shoulders once more, she tried to calm the quivering that had made its way down her tail.

As Vaatia stood and began to tower over her, she instantly knew her place and was quickly reduced back to a full on shake. She was terrified that she had misread the male, and even more terrified now that she thought he may have misunderstood her joke. Her ears flly flattened against her face as he spoke. "I - I know ... I was only making a joke, I didn't mean to offend you or anything." Her voice continued to break as she tried to find some level ground to work off of. "I agree, it is a truly despicable practice. But it is one I can't hide from, it is a part of where I come from. Even if I do not follow it, it follows me."

Bergljot's sudden cowardly nature was... Sustaining. Her fear of his very presence and just the possiblity of offending him was... Intoxicating. He loved it. If only he could have this lioness around all time. He wouldn't have to try to find others to 'bully' and cower upon his very form. She was from a foreign land though, a land that he had absolutely zero desire of discovering on his own. The way she spoke, he worried that if he got too close to the borders, he would be captured and enslaved, and that was not ever in any of his future plans. Of course, the opposite could happen and he could prove to be stronger than his would-be captors, but in the description of these lands, he for sure knew that the males of her pride were bound to be quite burly.

"Yes, yes... A joke. I know. No offense taken my dear! Just know that you shall not defeat me, not now and not ever! It's just not a possibility, you see?" He let out a hearty chuckle and began to ever so slightly walk around the female. As much as he was trying to be intimidating, he was also trying to get a better look at her. He had only clearly seen her from the front and he was curious in what the back and sides of her held. His thoughts were awful, but hey, why not look? It's not like he had any further intentions. "I am... Pleased that you do not follow those ways, Bergy. Especially in being quite the beautiful lady that you are."

WORD COUNT: 2,183

Lady Kitania

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash