Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:08 pm
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:24 pm
Berglot hadn't been in the Roguelands long, but she'd been here long enough to know one thing. STAY.ON.GUARD. Her Captain had tried to teach her differently, by explaining that each situation is different and not to always approach it with fear. But as much as she trusted him, she just couldn't get her mind away from the idea that there were things to be feared out there. as she stood there in the forest, the leaves coating her in welcomed shade, she couldn't help but wish that her fear were something she could easily overcome.

Vaatia was taking a day off... Not that he needed a day off. He was never doing anything. He was a lazy son of a gun with no pride and no family, but he was gonna be damned if he felt like doing anything today. So, why not just sit under the shade of the forest trees and relax? It's not like there was anyone around to care or be annoyed by his very presence. The masked male took in a deep breath, holding it in momentarily before exhaling slowly. His red-pink eyes looked up at the gently swaying tree tops, closing partially as the white and black male leaned his head back against one of towering tree trunks. The quiet was welcoming.

As she walked, her fears began to take hold. All the different noises of the forest were defnitely not her friend! How did others find this calming? It was such a horrifying experience, listening to the all swaying fo the winds, and the crackling of the branches, all the hoots of the wild animals. It was stressful without the added fear of another being there! As she approched an abnormally large cluster of trees, she noticed they were swaying ... without the assistance of the wind. The furs on her back began to stand on in as she was frozen in place. She couldn't quite see anyone from her vantage point .. but she knew someone or something was there. "H-Hello? Who's up there?" She called, the high pitched squeel sneaking into her accent as she spoke.

"Ugggghhh..."

Black ears swiveled around, an instantly annoyed look spread across the male's maw. What the HELL was that... AWFUL noise? His eyes peered out from underneath their eyelids, looking around the peaceful forest for what had decided it NEEDED to make any sort of wailing cries. Taking a moment to listen to the direction that it had originated from, he determined that it had actually come from below him. Leaning his head over and looking down upon the forest floor, he could see the body of a large cat, most likely that of a lion. Judging from the high pitch of the thing, it was a female. Damned females... Always being annoying.

"Who the hell are you?", he questioned with a harsh tone. "I am TRYING to NAP here!"

His harsh tone did nothing to quiet her misgivings about the Roguelands. In fact, as much as she had expected something like this to happen, she still felt let down when the voice returned a response to her. She really had privately wished Valbergur would have been right. b]"O-Oh, i'm Bergljot of the Myrsky Syntynyt. I didn't mean to interrupt your nap, I just heard a noise, and it startled me!" Her tone became slightly less fearsome, though she still wavered in some spots. "Who exactly are you, Mr. Trying to take a nap?"

"Who wants to know and why do you care?" He was a Mr. Grumpy pants, that's for sure. Vaatia had taken one day to just do absolutely nothing, and here came along this... This female to ruin it. Why had he bothered in the first place?? "I'm sorry, you said your name was Fergy?" He had known exactly what she said, but he felt like he was in the place of power here. Had she been here before, she would of known of the sounds that the forest makes and she wouldn't of been so easily spooked. So, why not take advantage of this lovely situation that had been so precariously placed upon his black paws.

Berglot's claws raked into the dirt as she listened to the rude and unwelcoming lion treat her poorly. She was beginning to move past the pity me stage and into the screw off stage. But she hadn't been raised to be the sort to act that way, though in the same breath, she'd never been provoked like this either. "I already told you who wants to know! And why did you want to know my name? I guess my reasoning would be fairly standard to your's." She tried her best to project her words far into the treetops, since it seemed he was unable to properly hear. But the more she projected, the less she felt it was working. "NO! I did not say my name was Fergy!" She glowered as she flopped onto her rear to relax as best she could as she spoke. "I said BERGLJOT!" She shouted, her volume getting away from her a bit in her frustration. "Why on Earth are you being so rude? I only asked who you were!"

Vaatia let out a low and deep chuckle, finding this absolutely amusing! Why was this female so on edge? Was he to blame? Was she just like this perhaps? Who knew, but it made for an utterly good time for the lion. "So rude for a lady to yell you know", he called out. "I don't know what on earth made you feel the need to just screech out like that." The white and black lion stood up on the branch he had been lying upon, pushing his paws out forward into a long stretch. This... Bergljot she called herself? She was going to be fun to play around with. Walking forward and gingerly jumping from his occupied tree to the next unoccupied one, he slowly began to make his way around the female, trying to get a better look at her before he made his physical presence known

Bergljot could feel her tinge of bravery slipping deep down inside of her once again, as the male brought up her manners. It was true, she was being incredibly rude! But didn't he deserve her rudeness? Was there not reason for her to be upset? His comment made her think that perhaps she was blowing this whole thing out of proportion. "I - I didn't think you'd heard me. You got my name wrong .. I thought you misheard." Her ears drooped a bit and her shoulders hung in defeat as she answered his every comment. But as she sat there in defeat, her heart began to quicken once more with the sounds of more crackling, swaying and waving. "L-Look, I only bothered you because you startled me, i'm not here to cause you trouble. In fact if I hadn't heard you, you may never have noticed I was here!"

Vaatia nodded to himself. Her last comment was true. Had she not decided to shriek out into the wilderness as she had, the pure and peaceful bliss he had begun to fall into would of surely kept him from hearing her gentle footsteps upon the forest floor. "You bring up a good point there, Bergy." Noticing just how much cowardess was in her voice and slightly seeing her body language from high above her, the white and black male now began to feel bad about picking on the lioness. She was obnviously not in the best of sorts, and as much fun as it was to pick on the week willed, it didn't seem quite as fair game when it was a female. Continuing to leap from branch to branch as he watched her from above, Vaatia made it around to about the frontside of the lioness, now deciding that this is where he should make his physical form known, within a moment or two of course. She still needed to learn to wait.

WORD COUNT: 1429

Lady Kitania

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash