Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:14 pm
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:28 pm
It had been a few days since her encounter with Valbergur, and she was beginning to feel much more at ease here in the Roguelands. Unlucky for her, just as she was beginning to get the hang of the way things went out here, it was nearing time to return home. She hadn't yet spoken with Valbergur about when they would return, but if his bands were anything like her siblings bands ... it could be a while. She knew most bands liked to come home form a viking and celebrate their success. Others even had large families they wanted to visit before heading out again. Valbergur wasn't one to have a family, so she knew he wouldn't be what would hold them back. But others among them did, and well she kinda wished she could go out on her own. But she likely wouldn't, after her encounter with the ever so rude masked lion she would likely never venture far from home again. Unless of course under Valbergur's steed. It was just too much of a pain - mentally for her to try and be brave out here alone when she knew she would likely never be as brave as was expected of her.

Drakma had been in the area a little over a day now. He'd been travelling for quite a bit of time, just lazing around, without otherwise having much purpose. He was just .... enjoying his time, but he did find himself quite lonely. It had been quite some time since his lady friend had sought him out for assistance in their pact. Which truthfully saddened him. He so badly yearned to hear the pitter patter of little paws surrounding him once again. He never realized how much he had enjoyed having his family around until they no longer were. It truly was a sore spot of his, but he tried to overlook it as the years went on. One day he'd see his children again, he just didn't know when that would ever be. As he walked, he caught a slight scent on the wind. It was a peculiar scent, and definitely one he wasn't all too familiar with as a whole. But he did find one thing about it quite memorable. It was a female.

It took a while before Bergljot caught scent of the male on the wind, but by the time he was likely very near to her location. SHe froze in her tracks, one paw open to the air and the others glued firmly to the ground. She looked intently across the open area, but saw a whole lot of nothing. Lots of sand, a few trees but no male ... or lion anywhere that she could see. She heaved a sigh of relief, assuming the male had simply passed her on by. But as she turned her neck lightly to the left she noticed something in the corner of her eye. She let out a large yelp and jumped a few feet in the air as she did. "WHO ARE YOU?!" She yelped at the top of her lungs.

Drakma nearly fell backwards onto his rear at the deafening yelp the female let forth. It was enough to leave his ears ringing, and his mind fussing him for even having approached her! "Sorry, sorry I didn't mean to cause you harm or startle you or that matter." In an attempt to regain his composure, the large fluff shook his body free of the jitters and offered his signature toothy grin. "The name's Drakma, and I only approached you when I caught your scent. Forgive me, its been some time since I last saw a lion ..." He paused a moment before just blurting it out. "Much less a lady."

Bergljot could feel the blood in her body begin to heat up at his comment. Great. She was being stalked by a weird creepy lion, and now she was alone with a weird, creepy lion. What was she going to do to get herself out of this one? "Oh...." She mumbled without much interest. He didn't seem creepy, but his words were giving her an icky vibe. "Drakma you said huh?" She finally spoke up, "That's an interesting name." She paused a moment questioning her next repsonse. "So tell me Drakma, have you been following me, or did you truly just catch my scent as I caught your's?" Her attempt at coming off as suave seemed a little forced, but she decided it was too late to back track now. She was in it for the long haul.

Drakma's ears drooped as he noticed the strange look written on her face. It was a look he was all too ued to seeing when he approached someone new. Especially when that someone new happened to be of the female variety. "No, no, no! Please don't label me as that type of lion, i'm far from it. More a friendly face in an otherwise bland backdrop. I assure you I only just noticed you were here. I thought I would drop in and greet you, since it appeared you were alone." Drakma paused a moment before continuing on. "I know from experience how lonely travelling by yourself can be, and i've never said no to a friendly face!" Drakma chuckled lightly trying to recover his fumbled greeting. "Im here strictly a a friend, not a foe!" He assured her as he sat on his rear. "So as a friend, may I have the privilege of knowing your name?"

Standing before the male, she now took note of the sincerity that appeared in his eyes. He seemed to be speaking the truth, and he did seem far, far, FAR friendlier than the masked male. He'd even offered her his name, without so much as requesting her's until just now. Her heart was finally begining to calm once again as she stood there face to face with him. "Well, I guess if you're asking as a friend, then it should be alright." Momentarily pausing, she smiled to herself and some of it creeped over onto her face. "My name is Bergljot, its nice to meet you Drakma." Dipping her head in a slight bow, she slowly raised her head once more and questioned. "So if you're so used to being alone, how is it you're so brave about confronting another?"

Berglot eh? That was actually a very nice name, and if he wasn't mistaken .. it definitely wasn't from around here. Drakma softly smiled back and dipped his head back at the lovely Bergljot with a smile. "The pleasure is all mine." He managed to mumble as he tried to not be obvious in basking in her beauty. He was however, quickly snapped away from his dillemma as Bergljot asked a question of him. "Oh? Well I don't really think its brave, we thrive on social interaction. If we don't interact we become quite dull creatures, and when I think of the type of dull creature I can become, it makes it really easy for me to approach someone." He chuckled at his own comment but remained sincere as he spoke up more. "Seems to me you could use a little bit more social interaction, if you don't mind my saying so. If it isn't too forward of me, would you consider taking a stroll with me? I promise i'll bring you back to this very spot, that way you don't get lost."

Bergljot smiled fondly at the male as he explained to her about his bravery. She'd never thought of it that way, though she had to admit, he had some very good points. Even her, as the anxiety addled lioness that she was secretly wished for the attention of others. Myabe not specifically to be the center of attention, but she did wish to be involved. And well ... as of late she did seem to be getting pretty dull. Her last encounter had proven it. "I quite like the way you think Drakma, its like a breath of fresh air." She smiled, and her eyes got wide with curiosity at Drakma's request. She debated it silently to herself for a bit, before coming back to his promise. "I suppose it couldn't hurt ... Alright! As long as you bring me right back here when we're done!" She giggled to herself happily as she accepted his invitation.

WORD COUNT: 1452

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers