Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:56 am
User Image&User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:10 am
It had been a long trek to their current destination, and as she stood alone taking it all in, she couldn't help but feel satisfied with how her first Viking had ended. It hadn't been such a smooth road getting to this point, so you could imagine her satisfaction with the end result. As she stood there basking in the glory of her first successful viking, she thought back to how it had all began. She could remember all of the Captain's she had requested passage with, and each of every one of them had shooed her away. Apparently her reputation as she lesser of the two twins had preceded her. It didn't seem as though any of the Captain's wanted to even be in the same vicinity of her, which was quite disheartening. But as fate would have it, she'd found herself quite the Captain without even trying. He'd approached her out of the blue one evening while she was out scouting for new recruits to challenge. Mentioning that the other Captain's were all in a tizzy about her audacity. He had simply laughed off their misgivings when he mentioned he might invite her along on his next viking. And now he stood before her requesting her attendance! She was more than excited to accept his invitation and she began tripping over her own tongue in her attempt to say yes. But again, he's laughed her silliness away, and given her the information she would need to join his ranks. As she looked back on the plan fate had set for her, she felt nothing but appreciation. Without Valbergur, she would never have gotten the opportunity to explore the Rogue Lands or experience her first viking.

He'd noticed her take her leave, as he lie down across the way enjoying a tasty morsel of food. For her first time away from the pride, and for all the terrible things the others spoke of her - she had done surprisingly well. He couldn't complain at least, which in his mind counted for a lot. But it did leave a burning curiosity within, why would everyone speak so poorly of her? Refuse to take her viking, or even give her the benefit of the doubt. He debated staying where he was and just enjoying his meal, but he knew by doing so the curiosity in his chest would only fester more. With a grunt, he liufted himself to his paws and stretched, letting forth a low grumply roar of satisfaction. Before finally setting out in the direction she had taken herself.

For the briefest amount of time, she had been alone and had been satisfied sharing that moment with only herself. But then she began to hear the rustle of leaves, and crackle of branches as they moved ever closer. Her claws unsheathed and her hair stood on end as she attempted to mentally prepare herself for whatever it was that had shaken her from her contentment. She'd never been alone out here before, and as such had no true idea of what lurked behind her in the trees. Her chest began to beat twice as fast as normal and her insecurities began to echo in her ears. Whatever was approaching, she wasn't sure she could conquer it alone. Her breath came out in short bursts as she braced herself for their entrance.

As he got closer, he could finally see her bright pelt reflecting the moonlight from above. She was deifnitely not made for camoflauge. But that hardly mattered. Finally he reached the edge of the tree line and entered the field, only to be greeted by a very heavily frightened female. He noticed the on end hairs, and the harsh breaths. Her claws were unsheathed and she appeared to be on edge. "Whoa, whoa, easy now! It's only me, your Captain." He raised his voice as he stated his rank and took slow steps forward, but only after giving adequate time for her to recognize him. "What's going on here, why are you out of sorts?" He was aware that most Captain's wouldn't give two damns, but he wasn't really a typical Captain, in many ways.

She was fully prepare to run for it by the time the figure jumped out of the tree line. If it weren't for the fact that her feet were suddenly made of jelly, she probably would have. Her eyes were closed in fear of what she would see if she opened them, but then a voice cut through the darkness and her eyes shot open immediately. It was Valbergur, her Captain. She heaved a shaky sigh but everything else about her remained on endge. "Oh ... sorry Captain .." She mumbled, now embarrassed by her own actions. "TO be truthful .... I don't really know ..." She managed to cut herself off before muttering 'Sir'. She had learned her lesson the first time she'd uttered it. Valbergur hadn't been harsh with her, but more on a friendly level had requested that she not address him in that way. He was only as important as the people who followed him. Nothing about him yelled out that he was worried over his rank. In fact, when he'd muttered his rank to her just now ... it was the only time she'd ever heard him use it. "I - I came out here for some time to myself, to sort of celebrate my first successful Viking ... But then I heard you approach and my body took on a mind of it's own."

"Well your body can ease its worries now, its only me. Not much to be worried over, i'm afraid." He chuckled the words as he approached her a bit more. "Celebrating on your own huh? Seems like that'd be something you'd wanna include your entire band in." He looked upon her with curiosity as he crouched to a sitting position. "But then, who am I to judge? Everyone needs a little solitude from time to time." He shrugged his shoulders calmly and waited for her response.

"I - I guess celebrating on my own wasn't the best way to word that one, was it?" She paused and tried to gather her thoughts as her mind raced to calm itself. "I guess I meant, to be alone and cherish my success. A celebration with everyone sounds like a bit of a stretch for someone like me, but if they'd be willing, I have no objections." She smiled as she spoke, thinking that perhaps she would find the acceptance she'd always sought out. "D- Do you think that would interest them at all?"

Valbergur couldn't help but laugh at her unease about the rest of her band. "Are you kidding? These goofs look for any excuse to have a celebration! Having a member with them on their first viking? That's just an added bonus!" His laughter came to a halt as he noticed how insecure she truly seemed at all of this. "I for one, wouldn't deny your invitation, or your right to have one. I also know from experience that the others in this band have no qualms with you. In fact, all of them were hopeful for you when I spoke of your joining the band. Just because there are a few bad apples, doesn't mean they have to ruin the bunch!" He grinned cheesily at his lame comment and continued, "What do you say we go back and ask them for ourselves? I imagine you'd be surprised by the result."

Bergljot wasn't the type to want to be the center of attention, not by a long shot. Her stomach began to lurch as her Captain spoke of a party in her name. But the idea of having others to celebrate with did intrigue her. "Alright, as long as you think its a good idea." Her heart raced a little quicker as she agreed to the invitation. She would be shattered if this ended badly.

"Well alright then, lets gets our behinds back before they realize i'm gone! Gods knows what they'll do if they're left alone for too long!" The male grunted as he stood on his legs once again waiting for the female. As she too turned and her expression softened, he pulled his head to the side in a signal of direction. "C'mon then, lets get this party started."

WORD COUNT: 1390

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers