Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Poker Night. [K'gan Hosting, all welcome] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:58 pm
K'gan took a step back from his work with a look of satisfaction. All the furniture in his weyr had been pushed to the walls, stood up and stacked preciously a top one another so that the wide space in the middle could be requisitioned.
In place of his regular decor stood a circular solid wood table. It was large enough to sit up to 8 comfortably and 10 at a push. Folding chairs had also been arranged around the monster table and too one side was a separate drinks table.

The drinks were a good mixture from a mid range wine, thick fruit liquors, spirits and a small tapped barrel which had a sweet smelling fruit cider in it. Center stage was also a large bottle of K'gans own special brew. It was the equivalent of old earth moon shine but twice as deadly. It was also an unsettling murky grey in colour which really didn't instill much confidence. K'gan had picked up the skills to make it when he had tried his hand at being a wine and drinks crafter. The fact that he had not lasted a month in the job told you a lot.
It had been the ruin of more than one rider who thought themselves man enough to take on the concoction. Needless to say, K'gan was very proud of it.

As a mollifying gesture to those against the idea of heavy drinking he had also set out a few meat pies and other nibbles beside the drink but they were over shadowed by the collection of bottles.

K'gan's poker nights had become somewhat famous around the weyr, mainly due to his insistence that any came also include an element of stripping, and if it didn't start that way the free flowing drink usually corrected that. K'gan also had the worst poker face in the entire weyr and a game with the blue rider was easy money. A contributing factor to why poker night had actually turned to blackjack (21) game nights where K'gans expressive nature was less of a disadvantage.

Singarth sat with his head poking into the weyr, just as excited as his rider, behind him his tail and whole back end wriggled and jiggled in an expression of his hype that would not be contained. Any visitor that was unwise enough to get close to the blue would be subject to a nose an uninvited welcome lick from his rough forked tongue.

"Alright, I think we're ready Singarth you can send out the call to the other riders dragons now"
"Ooo I hope lots of people come" The dragon chirped happily before sending out a wide ranging call to the usual crowd plus a few extra.

"Everything is in readiness, My rider k'gan bids you come and join him for card games and much drink!"As usual Singarth's call rang with his joy and enthusiasm at the prospect of playmates and games.

Rules

Okay, I think everyone had decided on a game of 21 to make converting it into a dice rolling event easier.

First post will just be everyone coming in and settling down around the tale.
Then I will roll for the dealers hand.

Everyone else will need to generate a random number between 1-11.

+1 is an Ace and can act as either a 1 or 11
+If your roll = over 21 when combined with the dealers card you loose and your character has to strip off an item of clothing.
+The closest to 21 wins the pot.
+If anyone rolls a ten that does not result in them loosing the hand they get to choose another player in the game to strip off a clothing item.
+Anyone that generates 11, that means you pulled the joker or wild card and have to take a shot of K'gan's special brew.

Anyone that does not get into the spirit of the game or tries to do any doctoring (looking at you Norathoman) will also be required to take a shot of special brew.

Anyone caught cheating will be made to strip down to their underwear and walk back to their own weyr naked.

The effects of K'gan's special brew:

If you are one of the poor sods forced to take a shot (or heaven forbid, take one willingly) you need to roll a separate four sided dice to see how it effects you.

1.Instantly drunk, say goodbye to any hope of sobriety for the rest of the night. May include slurred speech and freeing of inhibitions.
2. Throw up. You just can't hack it and instantly throw it back up.
3. Surprisingly unaffected but may suffer some minor visual and auditory hallucinations (were the walls always melting?)
4.Pass out for at least one post round.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:43 pm
User Image Norathoman had been organizing some of his jars when he heard Singarth's call. Placing one down, he contemplated joining this time, before he smiled. One of his social moods had swung into play, as of late, prompting him to hang around the dining hall more and go seek company within the Weyr. It couldn't possibly hurt to join in a card game.

The advantage of knowing who everybody in Western Weyr was came in the fact he also knew where everybody's chambers and weyrs were, from the lowest drudges up to the Weyrleaders themselves. No room or chamber was without a marker in the healer's mental map. He found his way to K'gan's weyr easily, walking in with a small flourish to his shirt, "Hope you're not aiming for poker tonight, K'gan! Your face is too expressive." Behind him, Plague appeared out of between, the flit circling for a moment before she settled on Norathoman's shoulder, tail firmly wrapped around his neck. Her eyes shifted between shades of blue and green, excitement almost making her vibrate.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:58 pm
Mine, Singarth's calls us. Altoth informed his rider while she was lying on her stomach, reading old records in her bed.
"Ooh! K'gan does?" she said, sitting up at once. K'gan's parties were always a good time, even if you could typically only remember half of them! She glanced back at the records she was working on, then at the candle slowly burning at her desk. She'd been at it for hours now.. Surely it was time for a break?
I think so! Altoth quickly encouraged her.
"Well, if you think so.." Sunny giggled, quickly wriggling out of the riding gear she'd forgotten to change out of and into something a little more comfortable.

After landing and dismounting on the other rider's ledge, she pressed a kiss to the end of her blue's nose, before receiving one of the same from K'gan's. "Ha ha. Hey there Singarth." she laughed, closing an eye as the dragon's rough tongue slid across her face. "Good to see you too."
It is. Good to see you. Altoth echoed, bumping his head against the fellow blue's affectionately. How are you? Everything looks excellent in here, as always.

Salva greeted her friend a little more energetically, meanwhile. "K'GAN!" she shouted in greeting, wasting no time in launching herself at him in a hug.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:49 pm
It was a fortunate thing that Haukai was off-duty at the infirmary and was able to respond to Singarth's summons to poker night. She enjoyed these get-togethers with her fellow Western denizens, and not just for the extra marks in her pocket or the freely-flowing booze. The camaraderie was the big draw for her; she was still new enough at the Weyr that some of the etiquette and protocol hadn't become ingrained in her yet, and hanging around with other riders helped in that regard. Besides, it was fun, and K'gan was a good friend. In fact, it had been he and his blue Singarth who had Searched her in the first place while she was mending his broken arm.

She knew her way to his weyr by now, so she strolled over herself, leaving Corymth to snooze on his ledge. Her beloved blue dragon and Singarth got along thick as thieves, two dark dark blues who were almost identical save for their markings and the size difference between them. Their personalities matched too, exuberant and friendly and chatty. Haukai had to chuckle at that -- brothers from another mother, truly.

"Hey!" she barked with a grin as she let herself into K'gan's weyr and saw him and Sunny hugging. "Save some of that for me!" She waved at Norathoman as well; her fellow healer was also considered a friend. "Hey, Nora. Ready to help K'gan empty his pockets again?"  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:32 pm
Farellen had just been finishing up some chores when he heard the call from a dragon, it was kind of rare for just everyone to hear so he was instantly curious, however, he wasn't entirely sure where the dragon had meant, he didn't know this K'gan, so had ended up asking the nearest rider and got directed, with a little bit of disgust at him for wanting to go, he shrugged, not everyone liked games and he was plenty old enough to drink.

He got to the rider's weyr fairly easy but realised he didn't know or recognise a single person there so far, which was good, sort of. He put on a smile, his chipped tooth giving him a sort of charm. "Is this where the dragon said there'd be drinking?" he said and paused "oh and cards" he was tall but looked young, plus it was clear he was a candidate, as well as a weyrbrat, that didn't show in his outside confidence though. He was looking forward to having a little fun, after all, it wouldn't be long til the Gold clutched, and eggs hatched, who knows when he'd get another chance.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:24 pm
A game??! There was a quiet, expectant gasp in Kith's voice as the little white slithered up to Camriel and coiled herself around her rider. Camrielmine, there are games afoot!

The little dragon's gentle rumble was so convincing that Camriel would have had to relent, even if she'd been ready to protest. Which, in truth, she hadn't been. Just like Kith, she'd had to hear only the words "card games" and "drink" to be convinced.

Without so much as looking down to mark her page, she tossed her open book onto the bed. "He had me at hello," she said with a laugh, landing a kiss on Kith's cheek as the dragon unwound herself. "Come, let's move quickly."

The pair arrived just behind Farellen and Kith took it upon herself to be the first to stick her nose curiously into the weyr. What are cards, mine? Are these games I can play as well?

No, lovely, but you can play with the other dragons.

And out loud she added, "Ah, but you gotta win first before you get to drink." A grin. "Or maybe lose real, real badly."  

MoonRazor

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:13 pm
Wings had just settled on the large brown's back when the call rang through the Weyr. Lifting his dark head, Jibasth rumbled towards his slight rider, eyes swirling as he craned his neck back towards her. A small hand, dwarfed by the sheer size of the large wedge head, scratched at the dragon's left eye ridge and followed the call's origin up to a glowing weyr.

"K'gan does have some of the best drinks in the Weyr, eh big guy? Think I should go say hello?"

I think you've had a hard day and drinking could make it worse. Then again, who am I to judge?

A set of glaring eyes met one faceted eye that seemed to hold nothing but mirth within the swirling depths. Jibasth lifted his rider onto his back with no issue and took off toward the Weyr, depositing her after only a few wing beats. To her credit, Onasta had managed to clear the glare from her face and instead had plastered a more appropriate smile in it's place. If it was tired then she would remedy the situation with mind numbing alcohol and see where the night took her.

Jibasth bugled a welcome call to Singarth and turned on his tail, heading over towards Diesteth's Weyr to catch up with the smaller blue. Whatever his rider had planned for the night would surely bring her back to their own late and he had no intention of waiting around for her like a large dog. Being an overly large dragon he hadn't even considered trying to wedge his bulk into the soon to be crowded weyr and spend the night being uncomfortable. No, he and Diesteth only had a little time to catch up as it was, this was perfect.

Enjoy the game, try to hold your alcohol this time!

Nearly missing a step when she heard Jibasth's remark, Onasta laughed and shook her head, bumping square into a tall man she'd never seen before. Twisting around him and looking up, far up, she offered up an apologetic grin.

"Sorry about that! Dragon caught me off guard with a snide remark, almost made me trip from laughter." She offered a small hand to the man, "Name's Onasta, I'm sorry, I haven't seen your face about."

Sinders Path generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 7!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:27 am
K'gan swung his head up when Norathoman was the first to enter the weyr. He grinned, then quickly stepped between the man and his over eager dragon's ledge before the poor healer could be buffeted by the blues attentions. Instead he held a drink of wine out invitingly. "You're the first to arrive, but I guess that's because you know my weyr so well." He joked shamelessly. K'gan had a habit of injuring himself in unnecessary but thrilling ways.
"And no, not poker tonight." he added wryly. "I'm going to try and keep at least a few of my marks."

Singarth was at risk of pouting thanks to Norathoman being blocked to his unique greetings but it was held off by the arrival of another blue on his ledge and this time there was no one to block the new dragons rider from his uninvited affections. Sunny got a nice big canine like lick before he bumped his head back against Altoth. "Welcome brother Altoth!" For Singarth considered all dragons kin, especially other blues. "Yes, My rider worked very hard on it." Singarth added by way of answer. "And having other people and dragons in our weyr is the best reward! Even if I do not understand the game."

While the dragons conversed K'gan threw his arms wide to receive Sunny's greeting hug with a laugh. He swept the smaller rider up and around with clear delight before he let her have her feet again. " I was hoping you'd come." Having other people at the game who brought high levels of positive energy was never a bad thing. "Go help yourself to a drink before we get started." he advised nodding towards the bar table.

With the greeting done he managed to fully detangle his limbs from the hug just in time to see Haukai walk through his door. His eyes went wide and he fell backward in an over dramatic mock faint of shock. One hand clutching the edge of the table while the other clutched at his heart. "By the first egg.! Haukai actually managed to drag herself away from work for one of my little gatherings?" He faked another drama filled swoon before he gave up the act with an impish grin to greet his old friend properly. He wrapped his arms around the healer in hug (more restrained than the one he had given sunny) and planted a kiss on her cheek.

Contrary to K'gan's act it was actually Farellen's arrival that was more of a surprise, but it was only expressed in a rise of his brow. "That's right. Come on in, My name's K'gan welcome to my weyr."
Then privetly to his dragon. "You sent out the invitation to candidates as well?" Singarth was unapologetic. "Yes, they work so hard poor things, and it must be so stressful right after a gold flight, like this.Just waiting for the eggs." K'gan shook his head and smiled and spoke out loud. "Well it will hardly be the first time I've been in trouble with the candidate master."

And the surprises kept coming.
Whites were even more of a rarity than golds. Of course that limited the number of riders that could be following it. "Ah, Camriel. Pfft, don't say that. I want everyone with a drink from the start."
Feeling a mental nudge from his rider, Singarth lowered his head again to stick his nose through the dragon ledge door into the weyr and greet the little white. "Join us out here little sister! There is plenty of room." And even a white dragon took up quite a lot of room. Especially in a weyr already full of people.

Carmriel was not the last of them either and suddenly the door way was becoming a trip hazard. "Oi, will everyone stop milling around the doorway like a group of addle brained wherries?" K'gan called good naturedly while offering a wave to Onasta. He couldn't get close enough for a proper greeting thanks to the block.
"Everyone take a drink from the bar and grab a seat, then we'll get started!" He suggested, taking a step back himself, he gave everyone time to shuffle themselves properly into the main room and get settled in the folding chairs around the card table.

Once everyone was sitting and things became more manageable K'gan took up his own chair, grabbed the cards. He split and shuffled them with practiced ease as he explained the rules. "I thought we'd play black jack tonight. It's abit simple I know, but I added a few new rules to make sure it's fun." he promised with a mischievous glint to his hazel eyes. "The buy in to start with is a quatar mark." It was only a bit of fun, he didn't want to bankrupt anyone. "I'll play dealer then draw my own card. Normal rules apply, aim is to get 21. Aces are 1 or 11, your choice. You get the closest to 21 or 21 itself, you get the pot, more than one winner in a round you'll have to split it. Now for the new rules..." His grin widened. "I've left three jokers in the pack,if you draw one of them you have to take a shot of my special brew." He pointed at the large bottle of ominous silver grey liquid. "Made it myself." He added proudly. "Oh, and if you get over 21 and loose the round, you have to strip off a clothing item."

He let the last statement sink in as he flipped the first dealer's card into the center of the table and dropped a 1/4 mark coin beside it.

--------------------------------

For added Clarity you guys need to generate a number between 1-11 in your post.
1=Ace
2-10 just means you pulled a card equal to that number
11= Joker and you have to take a shot. The Joker has no numerical value of its own so you'll also have to draw another card.

To keep things flowing if your character wants to 'hit' aka draw another card, then just make another roll post (they don't have to include rp).  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Sinders Path generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 11!

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:28 am
[K'gan's card]  
Sinders Path generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 10!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:29 am
[Rolling again because K'gan got the joker

7+10 = 17

He's going to stick with that.]  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Sinders Path rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:32 am
[Rolling for the effects of the brew]  
MoonRazor generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 6!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 am
Rolling for Camriel  

MoonRazor

MoonRazor generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 1!

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:07 am
6+7 = 13

Hit  
MoonRazor generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 2!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:08 am
7+6+1 = 14

She's going for it

+2 = 16. Stay. We're just getting started

--------------------------------------

The grin on Camriel's face widened, and went to give K'gan a hearty pat on the back. "Figured you'd say that," she said. "But knowing you, that brew of yours is either a well-earned reward or a well-deserved punishment." Depending on whose point of view you were using.

From what she knew of him, Camriel quite liked K'gan. His enthusiasm was infectious and the thrill he found in competition spoke so strongly to her own impetuous will. That he could take the wins with the losses too made him quite the joy to be around, and there was nothing Camriel loved more than pushing those competitive buttons.

Singarth~!! Kith sang out with unrestrained glee. I must go, mine. Do not lose too much tonight. Or do. There was an impish wink in her words and she gave her rider a devious shove before scrambling to join her fellow dragons out on the ledge. She was, as usual, quite impeccably groomed and her unusual white hide all but glowed in the dark next to her darker kin.

Camriel, on her part, didn't hesitate to sit down and the table and drop a quarter mark down before her. "Aright, lads and lassies, let's see what you've got."  

MoonRazor

Revel1984 generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 5!

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 am
rolling for Farellen, will put rp post when im done rolling  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff