Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:31 pm
So, this was the bonelands. He was sure he'd get a couple of weird stares at first. He was the new guy afterall, he wasn't sure the general rules for what happens when there is a new male member but he figured he'd find out soon enough. Right now his main thing was to find one of the leaders he knew resided in it's midst. He wanted to formally introduce himself to them and get to know them a little better.

They would be sharing a great deal of things afterall, best to know who and what he would be sharing with.

He'd get to know the ladies later, but right now he need some man to man discussions. He had heard there were males within the pride that didn't breed, he just hoped they were easily distinguised. Probably how they held themselves, that would be a clear give away.

At least that's what he thought.

Hmmm. Where to start looking? Perhaps one of them would come to him.  
Word spread fairly quickly through the Bonelands when it came to Inselelo being bumped out of their ranks. Faust was glad his position as Umholi was more secure than the few males that had the rotating rank, but it also meant there were lots of new faces to meet far too often for his liking. He had heard a few whispers that there had been a battle and one of the Inselelo had been chased off, so rather than having the stranger first meet the females he figured it would be best for him to meet one of the leaders and get the rules down pat.

It didn't take long to find the new male. All he had to do was follow the unfamiliar scent that was blowing his way. The grey male paused to size up the newcomer who looked fairly fresh off his fight, but it was clear he had been the victor. He gave a few gruff vocalizations to let him know he was there before approaching again, tail flicking with mild irritation. He really didn't like speaking to others he didn't know too well.

"State your name," he said, a bit gruff but not unkind. "And your business. Males are not welcome here without proving themselves."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

A familiar sound hit his ears and he waited for the male to approach before doing anything else. Sizing the male up mentally he was quite pleased. So this must be one of the male leaders, his demeanor alone showed that. "Budek. I just defeated one of the males on the boarder, grey male with two toned eyes. I'm here to take his place." He said simply.

That was what he wanted to know right? DID he really need final approval? He had won that fight fair and square, he hadn't cheated or anything at all. "Are you one of the leaders?" He asked him, knowing the answer was likely yes. Hopefully he'd be able to give him a lay of the lands  
Faust paused a safe distance from the other male as he waited for a reply which wasn't long in coming. Inselelo were constantly in and out of the pride, he had been told, so there would be some switching around every so often as a lower ranking male was beat. The answer Budek gave him was what he was looking for and he gave a little nod of approval.

"I am," he said, his tone even if a bit quiet. "Faust," he added, giving his name to the new member of the pride. "Do you know much of these lands, Budek?" Many came in here expecting to have an easy life surrounded by females, but Faust had quickly become aware that although the males were the leaders of the pride, it was the females who really called the shots.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"Faust." He gave a bow of his head. He put the name to memory and gave a small roll of his shoulders. "I met one of your Enda's once. He told me a little about the pride, mostly to stay away." He laughed, "We see how well that worked?" He didn't truly know a whole lot else though aside from the basics of the pride or what to expect.

"I probably do need a good run down though, I only know a general idea of the pride and it's background." He said being up front about it, he wasn't afraid to learn when it came down to it. He was fairly certain his spot within the pride wasn't permanent. Espeically since he had defeated the last guy that was in this spot. Fighting wasn't a problem for him. He'd duke it out as long as he was able anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 pm
Ah, an Enda. That wasn't a bad way to learn about the pride, although those lions didn't tend to stick with the main pride very often. Depending on when the two had met things could have changed as well.

"Very well," he said, motioning for Budek to walk with him as he began to head back to the pride. "I think the most important part of this pride is to know that the females call the shots. If they don't like you, you're not here very long." That was the biggest surprise he had run into, although so far the females were fairly welcoming to all the new lions that had joined. "It is the Inselelo's duty to protect the pride as a whole, just as the Abaholi do. Females will approach you to request cubs, and although you do have the right to say no, it's generally best to oblige them. They're keen on not having lines crossing here, so the more variety in fathers the better."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 pm
He followed the male as he turned to lead them where he assumed was towards the pride itself. He listened as he gave the essential basics or rules of the land. So the females were essentially the say so when it comes down to it. He gave a nod of his head, that seemed fair to him. "All of that sounds reasonable." He really hadn't expected a whole lot when coming here, really he just wanted to be able to prove his worth and protect the pride best he could and perhaps share some of his outside knowledge with them. "Is there anything I should not do while here?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:34 pm
Faust turned the question over in his mind a few times. Things to not do while here. So far he hadn't run into any situations where the females of the pride had risen up against the males so he couldn't say anything for certain, but there were certainly some common sense things to keep in mind.

"Respect the lionesses. We come and go, but this is their home," he said with a little shrug. "Beyond that, I haven't seen anything yet to warn you about. The other Abaholi and I are fairly new ourselves so we are still learning." He glanced over at the other lion, sizing him up just a bit. "I think you'll find they are curious and nosy, but that they are generally good company."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Nodding his head he figured that was more than a logical answer. So the lionesses are indeed the one steady factor about this pride. He wondered how much leadership had changed before he had gotten here. He could only fathom. "I guess we shall all learn together then." He gave the male a look over as well. "I don't mind curious types. At least it'll make interacting with them a smidge easier." While he didn't mind putting himself out there it did make it easier to get to know them better.

"Is there some food nearby? Perhaps we can walk and talk on the way, I'm famished if I'm being honest." He said with a light laugh.  
Faust gave a soft snort as Budek continued to speak. Yes, he'd fit right in here, that was for sure. The females would probably enjoy chatting with him once they warmed up to him. He seemed to know his place as well which was important. Faust could certainly put a new male in his proper place if need be, but this one was settling in very well already.

"Certainly. I believe the females brought in a fresh kill just this morning," he said as he nodded, changing their direction just a bit. He could imagine after a fight like that he'd be exhausted and in dire need of some food. This would be as good as time as any to show him around the lands they were currently in as well as the pride had just completed a migration. Best to know the area he'd be defending as well.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas