Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:53 am
The fall always seems to be a somber time thanks to the transition of the cold. With less distractions from the chores required during the summer heat, you cannot help but think about those who are no longer there in your life. Maybe it was your mother and father, prominent figures in your life that you never imagined would be gone. Or maybe it was someone taken from your life too soon, like a friend or a sibling. Or maybe it was an animal, a familiar that you raised when you were a kid but passed away from old age.

How do you honor those you have lost? What goes through your mind this time as you celebrate their life and mourn for the loss? Take some time to reflect on the past, and how that impacted you and shaped you for the future. If you want, you can even roleplay with a friend to discuss each other's loss (but both character needs to speak of their own personal loss in order for it to count).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:00 am
Things were going quite well in Belrea, Karothdra didn't mind the people too much though she did find quite a few of them stuck up. Still, it was nice to get a full nights rest without worrying about someone coming to get her or worrying about tomorrow. Here, Karothdra only lived day by day with very few worries. Granted she didn't give much thought to the Dretch just yet, that would come later on. This was like a vacation and she didn't want anything to ruin it. The fact that she was taking this vacation with Tyvia only lightened her mood. Karothdra was actually jovial.

They'd been up that morning and lounging, enjoying those pastry things and probably gaining weigh every day. Karothdra didn't even bother practicing her fighting. She wanted to enjoy her time, was that too much to ask?

Pastry in hand, Karothdra was laughing at something Tyiva had said when she spotted something. she didn't know why the bright yellow fabric had caught her eye but it did. Immediately, she knew what it was. Someone was having a funeral, there out in the distance, they were now carrying the body for burial. Curious, Karothdra dragged Ty with her. The closer they got the more Karo's curiosity got the better of her. There she found that some lightening Earthlings were indeed having a funeral. A very small child was crying as she followed behind the body.

Someone whispered it was her father and the only family she had left. All happiness drained from her face, Karothdra stopped moving and just stood staring as hey carried the body down the street before disappearing behind a building.

She had not been there for the funeral, she had refused to attend and left before they could have it. She had not wanted to see her father like that, to see that he had died and she could not have done anything to help him. No he had not died he had been murdered, rage brewed within Karothdra and her features grew hard. She hated her brother for doing this, she would kill him if she ever saw him surely. The Oban clenched her fists into tight balls, he had created this whole mess.

Sabra Knight

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 pm
Tasinei

Their vacation in Belrea was relaxing - well as relaxing as the Alkidike could make it - and even though during the day she did lounge it wasn't rare that she would sneak out after dark when Karo was sleeping so that she could stretch her legs and practice her fighting. Not that she wished to worry the Oban but it was the best way for her to keep true to herself. What was it that the one earthling had called her? A work...aholic? Was that the word? Tyiva pursed her lips in protest before glancing over towards Karo who was laughing at her question about pastries, "Karo..." Her voice was quiet as she followed her friend after the strange procession, "What is happening?" She asked, an arm wrapping around the Oban instinctively as she noticed the sorrow that had flickered across her friend's expression.

As she watched she had an inkling of what this was for, but the feeling that clenched her stomach made her wish for some confirmation before she dared to say it. Death after all was something that none had a fondness for and Tyiva was loathe to admit to such a sorrowful scene outloud.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:48 am
Sabra Knight

Karo's lips thinned out into a thin line, she was trying to grip her insides with all of her might so they didn't spill out as if someone had gutted her. Because that's what it felt like someone had taken a knife to her stomach and ripped her open. Taking a shaky breath to calm herself Karo averted her eyes from the scene towards.

"I never did tell you why I let Oba did I?"

Karothdra knew she had not, it was a rhetorical question and one she almost laughed out loud about. "Come," she said in a gentle low voice, grabbing Tyivia gently and moving away from the funeral. "I have much to tell you." Perhaps it was time she opened up and finally spoke about what happened. Perhaps it would untwist her insides a bit.

Karothdra moved back to a quiet spot, away from people and eyes that might see them. It seemed that everyone was interested in the funeral and most places were empty while the streets filled. Karothdra took a seat in the shade, laying back and looking up at the sky with her eyes closed.

"I come from a very prestigious family back in Oba. My father was a general in the Oban army, my mother didn't care much for her children and so my father did most of the child rearing. His first child, a son was killed, his second was a girl that married a poor family and so our family does not really associate with her anymore. Then I have an older brother from another mother then there is me." Karothdra chuckled.

"I was a tempered child with a thirst for blood and fighting, he taught me how to control ti of course and thus we've always been close. My abilities far surpass the eldest male heir to the family and both my sibling and I have always coveted our fathers position in the army. My brother used his title to gain favor, I used my abilities. Well, at some point your title can only go so far." The Oban let out an angry huff.

"My father was going to finally reveal his successor and I swear Tyiva," Karothdra opened her eyes to look at the Alkidike. "He was going to pick me," her eyes began brimming with water. "He was going to pick me and my b*****d of a brother murdered him before he could make it official." The tears spilled and she wiped them away angrily. "Of course that means my half brother is now in charge of the household and took everything away from me." The anger roared in her, she wanted to hit something so bad.

"It meant he could decide what happened to my siblings and my mother. They weren't related so he could do as he pleased. He was arrested for the murder but was released because it wasn't conclusive at all. I left, I ran away before I could see the carnage he could sow. I haven't been back home since because if I do, I will squeeze the life out of his body."

"My father was my world and he murdered him. With poison like the coward he is!" Karothdra slammed her fist into the chair ignoring the pain that bloomed up her arm. "A goddamn coward!"

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:59 pm
Tasinei

"No, no you did not." Replied Tyiva quietly as she watched her friend with concern. Already the Alkidike had an arm around the Oban's waist and instinctively she moved closer to offer support. As Karo directed them away from the crowds Tyiva followed with the slightest of frowns. It was indeed a bit confusing that the Oban suddenly wished to reveal more of her past, already they had fought together and traveled overseas to this strange country but the sight of that procession must have inspired more truth to spill forward. Tyiva was keenly interested in why that would be and so she followed Karo without protest despite her confusion.

As she settled on the seat next to Karo the Alkidike crossed her long legs and twisted so that she could study the earthling. As usual she was the epitome of patience as she simply listened in silence as the story unfolded. While she didn't know exactly how the 'parent' roles operated it was surprising to hear that one parent did not care so much for the children. Was that not a blessing to be shared together? And then to have so much strife in one family....Tyiva understood the rift between siblings but it seemed Karo's troubles were of a deeper sort. At least Tyiva prayed her sisters would forgive her and eventually reconcile as she had her mothers' support.

Did this position of power make so much difference? She knew her young mystic to be sweet and innocent whereas it seemed power in Oba was something fought for and coveted. How peculiar. Earthling society did seem a bit ruthless at times. Why spend so much time fighting within one's own populace when there were so many outside countries? Power... She wanted to shiver at the thought of its temptation over these earthlings.

Yet, it seemed that for Karo this was crucial to her future and Tyiva felt her heart softening. It would be like inheriting her father's position as a head hunter for the tribe. To inherit the powers of Aisha by being born a mystic. She sought to make the connections and even though they may have not fully connected the sight of despair definitely did. Karo believed she had been the one chosen but it had been stolen from her. It is as if one of my Sisters had stolen my blades and learned my family's sacred dance instead of me... The realization caught her by surprise and the Alkidike found herself moving forward so that she could study Karo's face closely, "Your blood is a thief and a murderer." She stated evenly as she reached forward to take the hand which had slammed into the chair, "No wonder the procession made you so upset..."

As she mused out loud the Alkidike gently rubbed circles against the Oban's hand, ever careful of the soreness that surely was throbbing from the impact against the chair. The revelation had flared anger up inside of her own chest but for the sake of her friend she was attempting to stay calm and ground things, "But if your father did not pick you then did he pick the brother? How did he claim things so quickly?" Confusion made her frown while her antenna flicked gently in contemplation, "Your siblings and mother...surely you cannot leave them all alone." Tyiva's frown deepened as family meant the world to her. Even if she had a rift with her Sisters should anything threaten them...the thought made her own stomach clench.

"Perhaps he deserves to have the life squeezed from his body? Does not Oba have justice to serve? If not them then shall we?" She rubbed circles against Karo's hands some more as she scooted closer again, "Forgive me if I misspeak, dear friend, but I do not enjoy the idea of such a villain enjoying rewards. Not when it is punishment that he deserves instead."

◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games