Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm
Tahni was at a loss, though at the same time he was hopeful for the prides future. So much was devastated by the heavy winds and rains and so many lives were lost to the unknown. Were any of his family members that were missing ever going to return? He didn't know. Giving a heavy sigh he cleared his mind of all negativity. He would not dwell on that now.

He had other members of the pride to look after.

Inhailing deeply he exhailed a much needed breath and then looked around. Where to start first, the cleaning efforts were already underway so hopefully they'd have most of everything rebuilt in no time. They had new leaders in place and more importantly life was thriving despite the destruction. What more could he ask for?

He did have to say that the storm had put a perspective on his life now and he realized he wasn't getting any younger. He hadn't thought to focus on a family before all this but after the tragedies that had struck he realized life was precious indeed and he wasn't about to let that slip through his paws.  
In all her years, Rukopa-eupe had never seeing a storm as bad as what the Iknimaya went through. The storm felt as if it took ages, but it left a hole in the hearts of many of the prides. That was, who was still around. Amongst the missing, Kaym and her son Tsyal. While her heart begged her form to search for them, the once rogue knew her place where she was needed was right here in the lands. Her bright blue eyes gazed around. Some much destruction, where to even begin?

Searching for others. That would be a good start. Through the darkness of the forest, the lioness seemed to illuminate. She could never hide with her pelt being the color it was. Pure, is what Kaym had told her once. Ru rolled with it.

Spotting another lion sporting the colors of the pride, the lioness headed his way.

"Oel ngati kameie, ma tsmukan." (I see you, Brother) The language amongst the pride Ru found hard to learn at first. However, now she was speaking it as if she was born of the pride.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

When a voice spoke in greeting he gave a bow of his head and turned to greet her in return. "Oel ngati kameie, ma tsmukan." He had seen her before, though had never actually spoken to her. She had been in the pride for some time now, at least since he was young. She still shone in the darkness like a guiding light.

He smiled. "Have you been fairing well?" It was a common question he asked everyone these days, the storm had taken quite a toll on so many and he knew there wasn't a single soul that was left untouched by the destruction. Each was affected differently and some more severely than others. He tried his best to appear welcoming and empathetic, not that he had to try hard to do that.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm
Ru could not help but frown at his question. She was faring as well as one could.

"Yes," she started hesistantly. "I fear those close to me are gone though." She had not seen signs of her son, who was normally nearby. "If they are still alive, I pray Eywa is watching over them, and for them to return safely." Her comment was meant for the entirety of the pride, not just her loved ones.

Her light eyes turned towards the male. "And yourself, Brother?" She gazed over him, assessing for injuries. She was a mother, and caring for the pride cubs while their own parents caused the motherly instinct to take over ten-fold.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm
"I'm sure the great mother is watching over everyone. Maybe she'll even return a few of them to us." He said hope in his voice and expression. Emotionally he was drained but he tried not to let it on, there were plenty of reasons for him to remain strong through all of this. Especially if it menat helping others in his midst.

"I am as well as I can be given the circumstances." His family was a huge part of the pride, as most knew so the fact the leaders were gone was a huge blow, at least they had Sylwanin taking lead. He was certain she'd do the pride some good before a new Matriarch and Patriarch were established. "I'm Ua'Tahni, I don't believe we've ever spoken before now."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 pm
Ru nodded. She hoped they would return. Sooner rather than later. She would always have hope until she had proof they were gone for good.

The lioness's ears shifted back. How rude of her to not introduce herself. While they were a part of the same pride, she did not know everyone. This male was no different. "Ua'Tahni," she repeated, to commit the name to memory. "I am Rukopa-eupe, though most know me as Ru." She answered to a lot of things however. The children she watched would call her 'miss' growing up. It never bothered her.

While she was focused on her family, getting the pride back in order was necessary. "Is there anything I can do to help?" she thought about getting the hammocks set back up, so the lions had a warm place to sleep after what would be quite a few arduous days/weeks of clean up.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

It was common for members to never cross paths in their lifetimes, however he was pleased the mother had decided to give them the opportunity. "You have a beautiful name Ru. Most call me Tahni for short as well." He hadn't realized he never gave her his nickname. Not that it was much of one.

"I'm quite certain this is something we can find for you to help with, is there anything in particular you thought about doing to help?" He asked her curiously. He had been gathering stuff here and there but hadn't dared to even start on the tree itself yet. While it had help up considerably well a lot of the outer branches had been demolished. "Hometree definitely needs some work." He commented, not really meaning it towards her, just a general statement. "Perhaps we can start there?" He suggested.  
She'd remember Tahni just as much as she would remember him as Ua'Tahni. A light blush crept over her cheeks at his compliment. It was a good thing the white fur covered it to not show.

"Working on Hometree is probably the best place to start." She agreed. The lions needed a safe haven, and that was what Hometree provided. Hopefully those who got lost to the storm would return soon, and they would have a familiar place to stay at. She gazed in the direction of the large tree. It would take quite a bit of work. "Let's get started." She smiled. The sooner they worked, the sooner the pride could go back to operating like normal.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"Let's go gather a few things I have set aside for the task and then head that way." He offered when she mentioned it would be the best place to start. "Once we have that we should be good to go." Smiling he lead her to where he had a few things that would be helpful to their task.  
Ru nodded as the other male spoke. Maybe they would find a few others along the way to help. That was one thing the lioness loved about the pride. The willingness to put aside what one was working on to better benefit the pride as a whole. These actions just emphasized the stories she had learned from growing up. Soon, the pride would appear back to its normal glory.

With a smile, the white feline followed Tahni. Off to make Home tree 'home' again!  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Iknimaya Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas