Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:26 pm
User Image

Alone. That was the way of rogues yes? As soon as they were old enough they were sent to live on their own and she and her sister had been no different, her mother had given them her blessings and sent them with only the knowledge of their proud lineage and the wisdoms of the world. How to hunt. How to survive. How to sleep somewhere you wouldn't get your throat slit open.

Raiya had avoided most ugly encounters as an adolescent, adult rogue males were given a wide berth like someone with the plague and new things that she didn't know about were given limited curiosity. Look but never touch, sniff but never taste and never be within striking distance.

These were the things she pondered today on the borders of the desert, amidst her travelling she splayed herself out upon a flat rock and allowed her striped back to bake in the midday sun. Every now and then taking note of her surroundings, but otherwise uncaring of anything but her own thoughts. But then what else mattered?

Felyn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Annoyed, that was how Ikhtiyari felt every single time that his dreams plagued him so deeply that he could barely sleep. His own mother had consoled him when he was young, singing the praises of his heritage and Dathcharu'kai's blood that ran through his veins. He was mostly just annoyed by it.

Gut instincts were the only thing that drove him from the unlikely group he had been wandering with some leagues short of their destination. Sometimes his unnatural instincts led to nothing at all and others to something entirely unexpected. As his sun bright eyes spotted the lioness in the distance, he was ready to dismiss her existence as the reason for his sleepless night. Almost, but for the shock of a peculiar red tuft of hair. Not quite maroon, but not a true red, either.

Mindful of the same color splattered across his own paws, the rogue edged close enough to be within (loud) speaking distance and raised his voice to carry over the sands.

"You. What's your name?"

Blunt and brave, as always.

Lightning Shadow x

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 pm
When her thoughts were interrupted by an unfamiliar voice she responded with an audible groan of disdain and pushed herself up to her paws, healing the heat of the rock beneath her pads as she stretched herself out and cast her gaze on the noisy one. However the sight of him caught her briefly by surprise, the familiar streaks under the eyes, the same coloured eyes, they reminded her of her sister and stopped her from immediately wandering off and ignoring this male's question. The wing pattern on his back and the thorny markings on his paws also helped that...but she was still Raiya and lifted her head.

"Who are you to ask me who I am?" She responded to his bravery with boldness in turn, a gentle challenge to probe this one's temper as she stood there and watched him. Mother had said that father was a God and it wouldn't be completely out of the way for Gods to have other children being as unattached and free as they were. Especially such a being as Chaos.

But to assume that this dark pelted stranger was a half-sibling was certainly jumping the crocodile, had to make sure.

Felyn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 am
The pointed refusal to answer his question was agitating, so much so that he drew a scowl across his features, careless of whether or not she was offended by such. He had asked a question and he wanted an answer. There was no point in beating around the bush if she was going to be so incredibly stubborn, he'd learned as much from his mother and every one of his siblings.

"Ikhtiyari," he called back, raising his head and chin as a precursor of his pride before he continued, "son of Ipentshisi and Dath'Charukai."

There was not an ounce of him that doubted Dath's blood ran her veins, not with the dark waves that marked her appendages so like his sister and, he knew, their father. Though, he supposed, it would be a different matter altogether if she didn't know her own heritage. Not all gods made themselves known to mortals - that he had had learned the hard way - and he knew very little of his father's reasoning, having never met him himself.

"Again. Who are you?"

Lightning Shadow X

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:13 pm
So the truth came out. And after provoking that scowl she was more than a little satisfied as she stepped from her rock and approached him with her head held more than a little high whilst her bright yellow eyes examined him. Yes, she definitely saw the resemblances here and there - it was almost painfully obvious actually. The features that mother recalled to them as cubs of their illustrious father were painfully etched into this one's pelt.

"Raiya, daughter of Laana and Dathcharu'kai." The smirk traveled over her muzzle as she stopped a decent way from him but close enough to talk without calling out at him. "I suppose in as blunt a sense of the term, also your half sister.""

In truth she didn't know how to feel about this, yes father was a God - a brilliant one at that. One whose domain could cause the world to tremble and could rightfully do as he wish...but she'd silently favoured the idea of her and Hrayne being his favourite spawn. Hmm. No matter. Her interests for now lay on her newly found half-brother who stood in front of her clear as a sun bleached skull.

Felyn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:19 pm
There was at once a feeling of relief, knowing that his dreams had some ridiculous purpose to plague him, and a peculiar, underlying notion that he couldn't quite place as his suspicions were confirmed by her. For so long his only connection to his father had been the siblings he was born with - all of whom had scattered to the winds when their mother passed. Now here he was, standing face to face with a soul that was inexplicably connected to his that he had never in his life known.

"My mother would have liked to meet you," he admitted awkwardly for lack of aught else to say. She was as proud as the lioness had ever been herself, as proud as she had wanted him to be in his heritage. It made him wonder what sort of females his father liked - had her own mother been so different?

The scowl at his lips remained as a thousand questions spun out in his mind, none of which he would ever have answers to. Instead, he posed the only question that he thought would matter between them.

"Did you ever meet him?"

Lightning Shadow X

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:28 pm
The relief on her brother's - that was such an odd concept to her - perked her brow before the mention of his mother made her ears flatten just a tad against her skull as the thought of her own mother rattled around in her skull. Was that old female even still alive? Or was she rotting somewhere getting her bones picked by the vultures? A huff escaped her and she forced as best a smile she could in this awkward scenario.

"Thank you? If my mother was anything to go by, I'd have probably liked yours too." She wasn't sure if that would've helped or been of any comfort, she wasn't really sure why she wanted to comfort him, the only relation was their father. Other than that, it just felt so...impersonal. His question however caught her off guard and she chuckled partly in amusement. "Chaos? No, I only got told stories of him from my mother...she'd apparently known him since they'd been cubs, a big 'follower' of his."

Her ears perked finally and she watched him in a curious manner.

"But do tell, are you a rogue too? Or were you born into a pride and just out for a walk? I have no idea if father is into those from pridal grounds but chaos is chaos for a reason."

Felyn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 pm
The dark rogue snorted a laugh through his nostrils as she gave voice to the same thought that perched in the back of his mind. Similar mothers, similar stories - he had to wonder if it was mere coincidence that they seemed to be mirroring one another now, too. He had never second guessed his parentage growing up but now he found himself wondering more about who his father was and what made him tick. Chasing a god was about as useful as chasing the sunset, though.

"Mmm, my mother was not so much his follower as she was.." his eyes narrowed as he debated the word, but he ended with a shrug as he failed to find it. "She was who she was. It gave her great pride to serve the gods but I don't think she cared specifically which one. She just happened to find Chaos first."

It was said as matter-of-factly as his stoic expression suggested. Whoever Ipentishi had been and however much he had cared for her, he was under no false pretenses of why she lived her life. His tail whipped behind him as she carried the conversation on and proved that she was at least a little bit curious herself, too, even if it was all very odd.

"No, I've always been rogue. Mother liked to travel and I've really no idea how to stop it now even if I wanted. I suppose that means yours didn't raise you in a pride, either?"

Lightning Shadow X
OTL I tagged myself again

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:22 pm
On she listened and watched this darker male, the response of his laugh that told her that their father atleast had the same taste in women - which was confirmed when he in fact told her so - the matter of fact attitude that contrasted her near constant smirk. It was amusing to say the least, though his mother sounded a bit more of a fanatic than her mother had been.

When he mentioned the fact he hadn't been born into a pride, there was a small spark of relief that flickered in her, good, she and Hrayne weren't the only ones not to be part of a huge family. It made her more comfortable to say the least...she didn't know why, maybe just a sense of bitterness at the idea of those being born into a protective area. Happy, safe. Other rogue's made her more content with the lifestyle.

At his question she snorted amusedly.

"Nope, mother wasn't part of any pride when she had me or my sister....probably for the best too, can you imagine anyone trying to calmly explain the father of your cubs is Chaos? This world is formed by it and yet so many creatures respond to it negatively." It wasn't a lie in her mind, her mother had for the most part taught her that chaos was a part of the world. It was a force of destruction and creation and without it, what was the world but a peaceful boring void with no change?

She didn't know if her brother felt the same though.

Felyn
It's okay! x3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:44 pm
Ikhtiyari's amusement lingered as she went on to explain herself, speaking truths that he had heard a hundred times through his mother's maw. Even without having known her growing up he was sure that others beyond them would have been hard put to deny their shared heritage though whether it was his father's taste in females that led to it or not he wasn't quite sure.

It was enough to know that there were other souls akin to his own out there.

"You are not wrong," he murmured, looking away from her and to the horizon as his mind wandered, though he squinted a bit against the sun, "the seeds of chaos form the world and all the creatures in it would like to think only of their own safety and happiness. Even my mother had the wrong of it, in the end. You can't pretend progress comes from complacency." But he had been a good, loyal son to the end. He could say that without an ounce of doubt.

"What are you doing out in the sands?" His bright gaze fell back to her, away from the horizon. "Have you encountered any of the lions of the.. Firekin?" The hesitance in his voice suggested he wasn't entirely certain of the name, hinting that he had not much information either.

Lightning Shadow X

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:26 pm
It was refreshing to meet someone so like-minded, granted, he was her brother even if they hadn't grown alongside each other, but the fact that he'd been told the positive influences of chaos made it much easier to talk to him. It didn't make her feel like a fanatic who was getting weird stares off of other lions for the way she was talking about it.

When the question of her presence near the desert came up and the inquiry into the red ones as well, her ears swiveled curiously towards the darker male before she looked out into the direction he was peering. Almost incredulously at the horizon before she looked back at him.

"I was just passing through, had a hunt earlier...and I haven't encountered any of the Firekin, though if word on the wind is right they've been taking in rogues to bulk their numbers...seems incest isn't working for them anymore." There was a loose chuckle that escaped her. "About time too."

She looked him over again and there was the slightest pull of a smirk.

"Why? Giving up the rogue lifestyle?"

Felyn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:33 pm
The sharp bite of her tongue made him snort and glance back down at her. At once a small, amused smirk pulled at his mug in echo of the one that she wore openly now. He could seem himself reflected there - not just his father's coloration but, too, his own personality splayed across a more feminine face. He would have liked her, he thought, if he'd been given the chance to grow up beside her.

"Actually, yes," the words were accompanied by a dismissive shrug of his shoulders, "rogues remember nothing. We are leaves in the wind. But a pride? They keep histories."

The smirk on his maw faded to furrowed brows and though he still watched her, his bright eyes seemed almost to look through her, plagued by some distant demon. He flexed both of his paws until the tips of sharp, well used claws drug small lines in the sand before him.

"My mother died and not a soul remembers her quest in this world except me. I want more from life than that." He dismissed whatever memory held his thoughts hostage and settled his focus more distinctly back upon her. "It sounds foolish, I think, but I've had a while to consider it."

Lightning Shadow X

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:17 pm
At this point she had to make a decision, she could've so easily, so very easily been completely wicked to this lion - even if they were connected by blood, she hadn't grown up with him and had only met him now. It was a selfish impulse at the idea of her lifestyle being a forgetful one, what if she sent him the wrong way? Sent him to dry up and rot alone somewhere in the desert...a small sadistic spike ran through her that was quickly snuffed out by the crashing reality of his words in that he was telling the truth.

Rogues lived, died, nobody remembered them but their children - if they were lucky...and prides were...well...even she had to admit they had their bonuses. As restrictive from an outside perspective as she thought they were.

After a moment or two of watching him she gave an amused, if resigned sigh and stood herself to look out over the desert.
"Well, if those chattering birds that fly overhead are correct...it should be at least a day or so of travel till you reach their dens and waterhole...I'm sure even if you don't find it, you'll find one or two of the red pelts skittering along the dunes." Her eyes turned to her brother with a small half smirk on her muzzle.
"I'm sure with that pelt of yours you'll fit right in."

Felyn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:19 am
The dark pelted rogue nodded slowly at her words, considering how much of a toll a day's travel without proper water intake might take on his body. Hopefully he would cross a watering hole before he had to encounter the pride itself - he knew there was a challenge awaiting him at the end of this and it seemed a fine handicap that he would not be at his strongest when he took the chance. They really had a hard way of testing those that would join them but, in the end, he knew that was how they maintained their renown.

"Truth be told, I might have found it already had I not been so plagued by dreams to come find you first." That same small smirk pulled at his mug again but now he was turning, heading back in the direction he had originally intended.

"I suppose you'll know where to find me, Raiya, if you ever decide that you'd like to be among your kin again. I don't think you're going to find many of us out there so do stay safe, hm?" He knew nothing about her, owed her nothing, but she was one of the few souls in this world to which he was bound. His sense of family had always been strong - a stranger with his blood was better than a stranger without.

With a small nod he turned and began to leave, making no great fanfare of it. Their's was a chance meeting and it changed nothing of his goal nor would, he suspected, it change hers.

Lightning Shadow X
End there? <3

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out