Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Putting Demons to Rest (G'ran, C'ryn, Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:28 pm
"Keep going." The big man's voice was low and steady, keeping a very careful eye on the rapidly growing brown dragon in front of him. Elzebuth was pumping his wings steadily, working on strengthening his muscles in eager anticipation of flight. He was still just a bit too young--and G'ran was very, very careful to make sure he wasn't overworking himself. Muscle strains were painful (he knew from personal experience), and he wasn't about to let a growing dragonet injure himself beyond repair. Still, Elzebuth was determined, and so he had gone to V'mel to ask if there were any sort of exercises they could do to prepare. The Weyrlingmaster had given him several with strict instructions, and G'ran intended to follow them to the letter.

After the last rep, he could see the brown tiring, but Elzebuth acted as though he was going to force himself to continue. "That's it." G'ran said, then frowned when the dragon tossed his head as though to ignore him. "Enough, Elze." He said gently, reaching out to gently pin one wing to the other's side.

I can do more. The brown huffed, his eyes whirling with a mulish orange tinge.

"You can, but then you'd risk hurting yourself. If you overwork your muscles, you risk damaging them for good." A pause. "And to be the best, we can't have any kind of setbacks."

Elzebuth mulled that over, then conceded that point. G'ran scratched his neck fondly, stroking that smooth hide. To think the brown was bigger than him, now.... It was boggling.

BastetAmun
Let me know if I need to change anything!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 pm
It really seemed amazing to him how quickly Aresoth was growing. His hatchling had always been big so it was no wonder he continued to grow larger and larger but, there was a part of him that wished he stayed one size for a bit longer, but he understood the need as well. Aresothmine let us hurry, I would like to practice more. Aresoth's voice entered C'ryn's mind and he chuckled out loud and placed a hand on his dragon's shoulder as they moved. "Alright, we are going."

Aresoth had been determined to practice as much as they could, either their minds or their bodies. So it wasn't strange to see the two up early in the morning, they would have stayed out later if it weren't for curfew.

Walking through into an open area C'ryn's eyes scanned the open area, trying to work out the best place for them to practice. His eyes saw G'ran and Elzebuth and he tensed some, causing Aresoth to turn his head and look at where his was looking.

Almost instantly, Aresoth bristled though he did his best to keep his attention forward. His wing went around C'ryn and nudged him forward, making his bonded walk again. C'ryn ran his hand down his bondeds neck, trying to reassure him that everything was ok. Aresoth didn't have anything to worry about, but perhaps he was more worried that Elzebuth would start something. Wanting to be civil as they walked to a place they could practice.

"Hi G'ran, Elzebuth. How are you this morning?"

Tsunake
It works fine. ^^

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:59 am
G'ran glanced sharply at the sound of his voice, taking in the sight of C'ryn and bronze Aresoth for a moment before he turned to properly face them. Truth be told, he hadn't interacted with either of them. Oh, there'd been Weyrling lessons, true... but after the tumultuous events of both the Touching and Hatching... well, it was no secret to G'ran that there was a little bad blood between some of the dragonets.

"C'ryn." He said after a moment of thinking, offering a nod to the young man. "Aresoth." A nod to the large bronze in turn.

Elzebuth, if anything, seemed amused that Aresoth was on the defensive. He merely folded his wings, standing confidently next to His as he watched his bronze clutchmate. G'ran absently wrapped his fingers around one of his head knobs, rubbing at it with a calloused thumb. "We've been well." It would be easy enough to leave it at that, considering G'ran was taciturn by nature... but he did not want C'ryn to think that he might share in the dragons' animosity.

"V'mel says they will be making their solo flights soon." He offered, nodding at both of the dragonets. Another long pause. "I wonder if they will have difficulty getting off the ground, considering how large they are both getting."

Aresoth was larger, but from what G'ran had been learning, that was entirely expected of a bronze. Size does not matter. Elzebuth said tersely, but immediately was soothed when G'ran gave his head knob a reassuring squeeze. Both of you are too big for your own good. He thought back, gruff, but fond.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:09 am
Relief swept over C'ryn when G'ran replied to him and didn't seem stand offish. He was worried about the larger man not like him much because of what had happened at the hatching so many months ago. Of course no one could hold the actions of either dragonet against them, and it was good aside from a couple of scars they both had, Elzebuth seemed to have the most, they were still healthy and growing like weeds.

"They might. I suppose there won't be any telling until we try." C'ryn had been wondering about how Aresoth would take to flying and what the best course of actions for him to get into the air quick enough would be. He had seen larger dragons before and they seemed to like to glide down before catching the wind, not taking off straight from the ground. "Elzebuth and Aresoth both are muscular, maybe that will help them out the most." He shrugged his shoulders some, glad to see that Aresoth had relaxed as well, seeing that Elzebuth didn't seem to be in the mood to try anything.

Letting his attention move from his clutchmate, Aresoth stepped back from C'ryn and stretched his wings out, giving them a couple of pumps, as if testing something. C'ryn's eyes moved to look at the bronze, sometimes wondering if he would wait until their first flying lesson before he tried. "As much as they don't seem to like one another, they seem to have a lot in common." He chuckled at that, getting a look from Aresoth as he did so. "They both like to push themselves too hard, don't they?"

Tsunake

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:15 am
C'ryn's attitude was enough to ease G'ran's own suspicions. He was influenced by Elzebuth, he knew, but he'd already formed the opinion that bronzeriders found themselves to be superior to others. He found himself running a hand down Elzebuth's neck, feeling the muscles there. "True. They won't be getting lighter." It was hard to believe how much they'd both grown in just a few months, honestly...

He watched the bronze beat his wings, feeling Elzebuth wanting to join in. You've already had your practice for now. He thought, trying to steady the big brown. C'ryn's words earned a quiet grunt of agreement. "Stubborn." He muttered. "Don't like to take no for an answer, if they really want something."

Why should I not have what I want? Elzebuth thought, and swung his head to lightly butt at G'ran's side. Because you don't always need what you want. The dragon snorted, not accepting such an answer.

"I don't know if you've talked to V'mel... bu he gave me some exercises for Elzebuth to do, to help build up muscle. Aresoth could probably use them too, if he's as eager as him to fly." He gestured at the brown.

Shards. He really hadn't thought about flying with Elzebuth. The thought threatened to make his stomach lurch.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am
He chuckled softly some at the words and was glad that G'ran agreed with him. Elzebuth was better suited for G'ran then he ever would have been with C'ryn and he was glad for that. Aresoth was the perfect match for him anyways. His eyes moved back to watch Aresoth beat his wings and then turned to look at G'ran when he spoke again.

"I haven't had the chance to yet. I was hoping to ask him about that after lessons today." He didn't know why but he was a bit hesitant to speak to the weyrling master at times, even with Aresoth's pushing. The man intimidated him, even when he shouldn't feel intimidated, he did ride a bronze.

"Do you mind telling me about them? Or if it's ok maybe Elzebuth could show Aresoth?" That got an angry glare from Aresoth that C'ryn just decided to ignore. The two would have to learn how to work together with one another and put this rivalry on the back burner. It wouldn't work for them to try and fight during a threadfall, all four of them might wind up getting threadscore, or worse dead. C'rynmine if Elzebuth's just tells us what to do, I can easily do that. C'ryn sighed softly and chose to speak out loud. "If G'ran do not wish for Elzebuth to show you the exercises then fine, but you two need to learn to work together."

Tsunake

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:11 am
It was strange, to think they'd each been so enamored with eggs that weren't meant for them.... but the dragon always knew best, or so G'ran had heard it said. He believed it was true. Elzebuth was cunning and strong, and would force G'ran to be better. If given the choice between the two dragons, he would take Elzebuth every time... even if he'd been too big of a deadglow to realize it, back then. He shook his head at himself, forcing himself to focus.

He'd been about to simply relay the information, but as C'ryn spoke aloud, his brows knitted in thought. "Elzebuth wouldn't mind showing you." Yes, the brown was absolutely smug at the thought, beginning to stretch himself out with pride. "Because," G'ran continued, "There will undoubtedly be a time where Aresoth saves you, be it from thread or something else." That punched a neat little hole in the dragon's arrogance. I will not need his help. Or anyone else's.

"You're one dragon. We need everyone working together, if we plan to succeed." He glanced to C'ryn, his expression more thoughtful. Yes, even if the two didn't ever like each other, they'd have to put aside their differences. G'ran didn't intend to see anyone get hurt just because Elzebuth thought he had to be the star of the show.

I wouldn't do that. The brown grumbled, but seemed chagrined. He drew himself up, focusing one many-faceted eye upon his rival of sorts. Watch. He instructed, then proceeded to go through the exercises that he had been shown, telling Aresoth where to shift his weight and what, exactly, he should be feeling to know that he was doing it correctly.

G'ran stood nearby and listened, his arms folded. "It's careful to make certain he only does the exact number of reps. Elzebuth always tries to do too much, but V'mel said that can really strain their muscles." The dragonet paused to rumble with irritation at that, but then continued to show Aresoth as though he hadn't heard a thing.

BastetAmun

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff