Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:44 am
User ImageKriegerisch stood over the spoils dropped by some traveling lions, snarling at them viciously. They weren't terribly large lions and it was clear they weren't used to fighting, so with a loud show of dominance she had been able to startle them into dropping their treasures. Now they stood around her, hesitant but still too close for her liking. Lowering her head, she focused on the smallest female - close to her in height, actually - before leaping forward. While hyenas were smaller than lions they were just as deadly, if not moreso with their superior bite strength. Not wanting to lose a limb, the lioness quickly beat a retreat, leaving her companions and the little treasure behind. Krieg turned to stare down the two remaining lions who quickly fled as well, leaving her to her treat.

She padded over to the pile of trinkets and pawed through them, her nose seeking out the strangely sweet smell somewhere at the bottom of the pile. There, under the cloth and jewelry, were a few incredibly ripe fruits. She had never had anything like this before although some of the lions that ventured out told stories of strange effects happening to others who tried fruit. It was such an intriguing smell that she couldn't help herself and bit into the warm, juicy food. It certainly didn't taste like she was used to - meat and bones had a very strong, powerful taste - but it wasn't bad.

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 pm
User Image

Utako watched the events from a fair distance away, not wanting to get close enough to be involved in the quarrel. There was no fun getting involved in mortal fights, but it was always interesting to see who would win. As he watched, he raised an eyebrow when he saw the first lioness retreat, soon followed by her companions. When they passed by him he let out a low snarl, trying to stay 'in character' of a hyena.

When he decided to head back toward Nergui he knew that it wouldn't do to appear as a mortal lion. He wanted to discreetly check up on Saran and his offspring, without calling too much attention to himself. Being apart of their lives was out of the question. It would be a danger for him and them, but he couldn't help but want to make sure his lineage was in good health.

'Time to blend in,' he thought as he began to move closer to the other hyena. “You taught those lions a lesson,” he said to the hyena. His eyes glanced over her stash that the lions had dropped. There were some interesting things in there, he thought, admiring the treasure. He couldn't help but wonder where they originated from. Then he looked at the fruit and grinned, remembering watch rogues take turns eating fermented fruit. “Be careful to not eat too much of that. Heard stories about lions getting loopy after eating too much fruit.”

SilverLutz

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:19 pm
After a few bites Krieg began to get used to the strange, sweet sensation that tickled her tongue as she was glad to have relieved the lions of their spoils. The treasures were nice - her father and siblings would probably enjoy them more than she - but it was the victory and this fruit that were the real prizes.

The approach of another hyena, this one unfamiliar to her, made her pause. She lifted her head and stood over her treasure with a snarl, juice dripping from her jaws along with copious amounts of saliva.

"It doesn't take much for lions to get loopy," she said, snapping her jaws at the intruder to show she wasn't backing down. Despite female hyenas usually being larger than their male counterparts, this rogue was huge. She was sure she'd remember him if she had seen him before.

"Who are you and what do you want here? These lands are claimed by the Nergui now and trespassers are not welcome."

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:49 am
'What a way to make a guy feel welcomed,' he thought with a grin. “That is very true. Lions have weak brains and bones. And such cowards, running away at the first sign of danger.” He said, fitting right in to what he saw a 'typical' hyena would act like. “I bet you could tell your fair share of stories of battles you have had with lions.”

He sat down as he thought of an appropriate lie to answer her question with. “My name is Utako, I am a traveler, going from place to place, only staying as long as I am welcome,” he explained. “I did not mean to trespass. Unfortunately I have never heard of Nergui and did not know they controlled the land here. I was just looking for some prey to hunt. Perhaps if you point me toward the best hunting grounds, I could catch something and you could tell me more about Nergui.”

SilverLutz

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 pm
Krieg narrowed her eyes at the male, but not in an intimidating way. She was sizing him up to figure out if he was just trying to use sneaky tactics to steal her treasure away or if he was a potential candidate to recruit to join the Nergui. He seemed to have a similar thought process about lions as she did - don't get her wrong, some lions were worth their weight. There were just many more that didn't deserve to breathe - and any like-minded male was a potential friend of hers.

"You have no idea," she said with a low tone of voice, a smug expression settling on her features. She could brag about how she had played a vital role as a mere adolescent in the god-killing the Nergui had done a while back, but she wasn't that type of hyena. Instead she fell silent as the male continued to speak, giving her his name and asking questions of his own.

"We have settled here after migrating from our old lands," she explained, not moving just yet. "I will tell you of our pride on the condition that I get first choice of your kill. These lands are not yours to hunt in without a fee," she added, smiling a rather aggressive grin. He could take or leave her offer, but if he refused he would certainly be chased out promptly.

Fairy Snails

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:37 pm
“Well then you should give me an idea.” Utako said playfully. “None of my encounters with lions are that interesting. Usually the ones I run into are a bunch of push overs.” It was oddly enjoyable to make fun of lions, he thought.

He took a moment and made a thoughtful expression before giving his answer. “That seems fair,” he said and gave her a cheeky grin. Truthfully he wasn't really hungry. A story would be much more satisfying then a meal. It had been a long time since he had been in the area. He was curious about how the Nergui had changed, if at all. It would be also interesting to get a hyena's take on the pride. The pride, despite its opinion on gods, interested him.

“Where is the best hunting spot in the area?” He asked, ready to follow her.

SilverLutz
Sorry for the super late tag!

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:49 pm
Well, that had been easy. Krieg's smirk changed to a grimace as she tried to think of a good hunting spot in the area. The desert held the promise of relics, but it also held little else. There was little game in the area at the moment and she didn't want to travel all the way to the main watering hole. There was one a little closer but the water was brackish and not good for drinking. There were fish there, though, and although she wasn't good at hunting the slippery things, perhaps this rogue was.

"Very well. Follow me," she said, shifting to walk in the direction of the unused pond.

"What is it you wish to know?" she added, not wanting to freely give away information regarding their pride. She would embellish any story she told, of course, making their deeds grander than they actually were. Although if pressed she would have no trouble telling him about how she had a paw in killing a goddess.

Fairy Snails
No worries!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:01 pm
Utako followed closely behind her, not worrying about where they were going. He was never the greatest hunter, but he was certain that he could manage to catch something decent for her. The last thing he wanted to do was disappoint a pretty hyena, especially one who was skilled at fighting.

“Hm, well I have an interest in pride's histories. It is fascinating to me to learn about how a pride started out as nothing more than a small group trying to survive to becoming a thriving pride. During my travels, I have come a crossed a good number of prides with captivating histories. Usually I share the information I learn with my fellow travelers.” He said, thinking back to the different places he had been to. Learning more about new prides (and sometimes old prides) was one of the things that kept him from being a hermit. That and well, the lack of company. “Though a tale of triumph would be equally entertaining. A good fight story always a delicious treat.”

SilverLutz

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:01 am
A cruel grin curled Krieg's lips as the male followed her. He wanted to stories of victory, did he? He didn't know what he was asking for.

"The Nergui have been blessed with many victories," she said as she turned them in the direction of the closest watering hole. There were always little prey items to be found there, and if there were none they could wait a bit and one would be sure to show up.

"I'll tell you of a personal involvement in one such triumph. It was a while ago now, I was still young and growing, and we were sent out on a great mission to hunt a god."

She spoke as she walked, leading the brown male into the desert and the prides lands. Hopefully her story of how she massively helped bringing down a goddess wouldn't set him off of his curious nature.

Fairy Snails
Last from me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 pm
“That does sound interesting.” Utako said, paying more attention to her then his surroundings. Hunting gods, he thought. He couldn't help but wonder how the hyena would react if she knew that she was in the company of one? It was something he would not find out though. At least not at this time. There was still a story he needed to hear and he would rather listen to it then cause a scene. “Hunting a god is not an easy feat. I couldn't even imagine.”  

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas