Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Responsibilities that Remain Despite.. (Ty'bar & Ah'i)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:56 pm
The oil seemed to run across his freshly damp skin as if he were oiling himself rather than his inexcusably fussy little green dragon. Ty'bar had scrubbed her down in what he had thought was a decently effective bath, but Asilaeth was having no parts of her wing being oiled. Whether it was due to the old healed scars or because she was simply in no mood, the little dragon had fought him every step of the way and it was a dreadfully good thing that she was so small, because he could keep her from escaping. Both of them were hissing at one another by the time it was all complete, but thanks to him being a hinderance on her taking off into the sky to escape the job had gotten done.

Asilaeth was currently laying on the ground, wings splayed in the sunlight as he finished the last bit of her tail, grumbling all the while. Her current attitude had her resembling a rather large and stuck up feline, something which did nothing to match her normally reserved personality. Even the tip of her tail was flicking.

"Would you take a moment to call a cease fire, 'laeth? I'm almost done and you've made this rather awkward until this point!" Ty'bar was nearly at his limits, or at least that was what he was thinking in his mind. The man truly didn't know what limits were.

What he was really feeling was awkward and he sincerely hoped that no one had witnessed him wrestling with his dragon in such a manner. Other riders never seemed to have a problem with anything in regards to the up-keep on their dragons, or at least that was what he continued to tell himself as he wiped the oil off of his body in frustration.

I had explained that I had things to do.

"That's your response? Really?" Ty'bar threw his arms wide as if to gesture at the rumpled, wet, and oily form he struck after their normally easy ritual. "Normally you're quick and if you hadn't fought me every step of the way we'd have been done an hour ago!"

Asilaeth responded to her rider's frustration by soaking him with a well aimed wingful of water, it streamed down his bare chest in small rivers. Ty'bar kept his arms spread but closed his eyes and sighed.

His dragon was going to be the death of him yet!

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:08 pm
Ah'i had spent a good portion of the day cleaning his Weyr, Honath and unfortunately himself. Ah'i wasn't against bathing and actually enjoyed that particular task far too much, especially when he had someone to join him but today his emotions were in a bit of upheaval as a result of Honath's own mood. The young dragon had recently flown with the gold Vimiath and as a result, Honath's mood was in more turmoil than usual. He couldn't help but have an extra soft spot for his lifemate as a result--it had been their first experience with a rising. Let alone a gold. "Come on, you're a shining, clean beauty. Basking in the sun for a while will help." Ah'i smiled at his lifemate with encouragement.

Honath merely huffed his displeasure as he followed along next to Ah'i. As much as he didn't feel in the mood to bask in the sun--when did his mood ever allow for that--but he was less inclined than usual. The flight had taken a toll on his body and he had multiple scrapes on his wings and body as a result of hitting into a wall chasing the gold. We have more important things to be doing. He responded to Ah'i. While that was semi-true as they could be working on turns and other important maneuvers, it wasn't a necessity.

"Honath my big beautiful brute--"Ah'i cooed as he pet the dragons hide on his side as they walked further from the Weyr and towards the open area where a green mass was basking in the sun. "I'll massage your sore wing muscles for you." He further cooed as they closed the distance between themselves and the dragon rider pair. Honath growled in response and it was clearly in pleasure. The idea of a good massage from the former trained massager? Yes. He could deal with that, gladly.

However, when the pair realized that they had happened upon a green rider and his dragon in the middle of a. . . water fight? Ah'i couldn't help but crack up in laughter as he held his gut and pressed his side against Honath's for support. Although, his legs clearly looked to be under undue stress and close to buckling under the massive heaving the young man's body was doing. Honath meerly looked up on the pair with a tilted head. What in the world was the pair doing? It looked like some sort of battle of wills to the dragon and Ah'i couldn't help but agree. "This is the best thing I have seen in a long time." He howled with laughter.

Hattaki

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 pm
"You're 'things to do' wouldn't happen to be watching the drama unfold this morning would it?" Ty'bar's lifted eyebrow was nearly hidden by the snarls of wet hair that stuck to his head. He barely ever attended to his hair, only part of it was pulled back in a wild looking tail to keep it from lying about during his ludicrously infuriating attempts to wash his dragon down.

Don't assume to know my plans lovely one.

There had been times when Asilaeth's monotone voice could be seen as comical, this time was just annoying. There was nothing that the little green enjoyed than seeing the aftermath of a gold flight, especially one as spectacular as the one had been the evening before. It had been an interesting night for certain, for everyone involved and all those that lived in the Weyr.

Ty'bar sighed out his irritation and finished wiping himself off, glancing about for his shirt that was surely just as soaked as the rest of him. During the glancing he noticed an impressively large brown dragon, dark in features with freshly glowing skin that appeared to have been expertly cared for. The rider leaning against his leg and clearly in the throes of a laughing episode must have taken great care of the brown. Ty'bar's features relaxed, no longer showing the irritation that came from one of his dainty green's temperamental moments. A flashing rouge grin crossed his scarred face, pulling one of the scars around his mouth a bit which always made his smile appear more impish.

The young human is laughing, should I splash him?

Oh hold off, he isn't hurting anyone, you little beast.

Asilaeth's eyes whirled a brilliant array of orange, irritated that someone would laugh at her rider. For clearly the laughter could not be aimed at her. If it weren't for the will that her rider held over her, or rather that she let him hold over her, she would have slapped a wingful of water over the brown rider for his insolence in front of his elders. Her overprotective nature towards her rider did not aid in her lack of amusement.

Easy little green, you don't know him. Ty'bar walked to her neck and stroked down beside her rigid spines. Asilaeth's eyes calmed to blue once more and she took in the larger dragon with a distant look, placated quite easily despite her previous temper. He could be nice, it's your fault we were even in a situation to be laughed at. Remember?

Swallowing another sigh, the rider pulled his shirt over himself, leaving it open in the front so that his still-damp skin could dry completely before it soaked the cloth. Which had somehow survived the onslaught of water that everything in the vicinity suffered. Lifting his head high and rolling his shoulders, Ty'bar faced the other rider and made a point to focus on his face so he could read any response that might be had.

"You caught all that, eh?", he rubbed the back of his head, hair still sopping wet tangled around his fingers unforgivingly and caught the hand there for a brief moment. Indignity had been the tune of his current life on the ground and another such incident elicited nothing but a laugh from the darkly skinned rider. It seemed to match the situation as it was anyway.

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:48 pm
Ah'i had been too busy in his laughing fit to notice the ensuing conversation that seemed to be happening between rider and dragon, or the anger that had been directed at him momentarily. Honath merely huffed, realizing quickly his rider was in no danger from the other dragon or rider. The brown thought that his rider needed a little roughing up but in truth he would never allow it to happen.

The pair perked up at the words from the other rider. "Ha, ha, ah. Yes. It was wonderful." He chuckled, still trying to recover from his laughing fit. Thankfully his legs had begun to support his weight once more and he moved closer to the rider with his arm outstretch. "I'm Ah'i." He offered before directing his thumb over his shoulder at the brown who had edged a little closer but still maintaining some distance between the pair. "The big brute over there is Honath." He leaned slightly closer and whispered to the other rider conspiratorially. "He was apart of the flight last night. He's a little extra. . ." Ah'i paused as he looked at the dragon before turning his attention back to the stranger. "Broody? Grim? Overall resident butt?" He smiled and chuckled once more.

Honath made a huffing sound and turned his attention to the green who seemed to be considerably less wet then her rider. He tilted his head slightly as he looked her over, assessing for risk to his before shaking his body and laying his head down on the ground in apparent disinterest. "Your's is. . ." Honath paused, his eyes locking on the green. "Dripping water everywhere." Honath finished stating the obvious. "Mine, do not go far." He added to his rider only.

Hattaki

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:57 pm
Grinning once more at the younger rider, Ty'bar took his hand and focused in on his words even more as he shook it, certain that he would miss something between all the laughing. To his immense pleasure he managed to catch the large part of his words, surely Asilaeth could fill him in on the remaining?

Keep on thinking that lovely.

Of course not.

"Part of the crazy lightening storm eh? That was really impressive to watch, Vimiath took them on the flight of their lives. Stands to reason he'd be a little off the day after." laughter was on his lips but he did understand the dragon's brooding. Many years in a Weyr had shown him exactly what happened the day after such a flight and those that lost had a tendency towards despondence for a day or two.

He himself had a very good night and an extremely pleasent morning in the arms of another, Candidate or not. Remembering the morning fondly he decided not to let what had just occured with his little green to color the rest of the day. It would take Asilaeth a day or so to return to her normal nature as well, Gold Flights often riled her up but she never did rise into the sky, so it was just a matter of time really.

"Name's Ty'bar and this is Asilaeth, who's clearly still in a mood herself." He looked at the dainty green in an accusing manner, knowing full well what could happen. "This is not at all her usual temper."

Yes, he tends to do that when he goes against my wishes. Do not worry large Honath, he will dry with time if he does not recieve another drenching for his tone.

Monotone as usual despite her current mood, Asilaeth was not at all intimidated by the larger dragon and locked her faceted blue eyes with his. Tiny, and often viewed as weak because of it, the green dragon had developed a slight complex despite herself and generally believed that she was just as good, if not better, at flyling than any of the larger males. If she could fly Thread again she would show them all.

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:00 pm
"That she did, poor brute has a few scrapes and sore wings that need to be dealt with." He huffed with an apparent grin. "At least the show was good. The outcome was even better." He winked, chuckling. Waking up with someone in his bed was not unexpected--but with a gold flight fueling the passion, well he certainly enjoyed himself. It had been surprising he hadn't ended up with more in his bed. Knowing him it wouldn't have been unlikely.

Shrugging off his thoughts that were treading closer to naughty, Ah'i shook Ty'bar's hand happily. "Nice to meet you both." He agreed. As his hand fell back to his side, his dark green eyes shifted to the equally green dragon. "Has she risen before?" Ah'i asked, curious. Once more his focus went to the rider. "The amount of. . . passion coming off that flight in waves was enough to stoke a fire." Ah'i laughed. "I would be surprised if there was a being in the vicinity who wasn't thoroughly suffering it's aftermath." Ah'i nodded.

Honath could only agree with the green. "Mine is much the same." He paused for a moment, clearly debating something before continuing. "Feel free to drench him as well." After his had shared his brooding thoughts he felt it was well deserved and would most certainly be unexpected. Honath wasn't particularly one to allow anyone to do something like that to his rider, but somehow the green had inspired him to be just as vengeful. "What wishes do you have?" He rumbled, his head lifting slightly.

Hattaki

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:05 pm
At least he didn't have to worry too greatly about being able to understand the words that came from Ah'i's mouth, the younger man seemed to enunciate well enough for him to pick up each syllable even as long as he paid close attention to the quickness of it all. That was swiftly becoming a problem that he was realizing he'd have to attempt to slog through if he ever intended up on having many interactions with others. Memories of his evening and morning with Vennodren reminded him that not everyone would slow down for his problems, especially if he wasn't forthcoming with them. Just meeting someone made him a bit uncomfortable sharing those problems but maybe if he were able to kick his anxiety for a bit then he'd share it someday.

"The show was rather fantastic, lightning and thunder with all those acrobatics. I hope he wasn't one of the suitors that got shocked by some of the bolts, a lot of them floundered up there just getting close to her." Or at least that had been all he'd been able to catch right before his night took a pleasant turn. "You're right though, it was hard to ignore! Even little green felt it, but she's never risen herself before."

Glancing over at his dragon he noted her attitude towards the larger dragon with interest, she never really showed much interest in talking to males, especially larger browns that she thought were slower than herself. Maybe it was part of her complex about her size but she genuinely never showed an interest in them because they couldn't keep up with her.

"One of these days she might rise, but I feel sorry for any male that catches her. They'll be in for a ride for certain but the one that wins will be all the more taunted by that monotone sass she uses to crack corny jokes." Ty'bar to his credit loved the corny jokes, they were usually well timed to make him laugh just as he was feeling overly awkward, but the small green knew exactly how to pull him out of it with a well timed corny comment in that monotone manner of hers that put it totally out of place. "However, I don't think that's the cause of her current... whatever it is she's doing today."

Without much thought he took Ah'i's hand and shook it happily, a grin crossing his face once more as he looked up at the much taller man. He was certain that Ah'i must have had quite the night himself despite Honath's misfortune, even though Ty'bar was a few years older than him he was comfortable with admitting internally that the man was attractive. He was deaf, not blind!

Casting her faceted gaze towards the riders in question, Asilaeth let her wings flutter a bit and scooped up a large wingful of water that she held in one of her ombre wings momentarily. Looking back to Honath with what could only be considered a mischievous air, the small green tossed the water onto the two men without warning and gave a short snort of derision at Ty'bar's withering mental expletives. Deep in his heart she knew the dark rider was laughing, she could hear it despite his best efforts to shield it from her, and so things would be okay.

Maybe that will cool their tongues as they speak so ill of their dragons. I've never splashed another human before, that was quite amusing.

Giving the two a small trumpet of amusement before turning her full attention back to the darkly spotted brown dragon, she bowed her head and spread her wings as if to say "Tada" It hadn't been an original thing to do to her rider but certainly she could be forgiven for meeting the needs of a fellow dragon.

To hear stories of the flight that occurred the night before. Winners, losers, anyone that might have been hurt. Not fighting Thread keeps things quite boring, so anything of interest is much better than being bathed.

~Kiana_Nala~

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff