Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[FIN][PRP] Improvements [Larak x Sorra Suau]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:44 pm
She had successfully woken up first. Waking up curled into Larak had become a semi-normal thing now. Sure, she still didn’t like the male. But that didn’t mean she wanted to freeze at night. Grinning with almost sadistic glee, she shouted ”Woda iv!” before pouncing the sleeping lion. Revenge for making her sore and frustrated the first few weeks for being there.

She smirked proudly, not caring that her pronunciation still needed work. He would understand. Having Kimya as a teacher had been a good idea. She learned three times as more from her than she did from Larak. Good riddance. Grinning, she leaned close and bared her teeth. ”Training time, right?” she said in a way of grinning, feeling a spike of thrill from her little bit of revenge.

Belloblossom
Woda iv - Wake up

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:17 pm
User Image

Larak had been feeling rather exhausted lately, now that he was both minding his captured lioness and returning to his daily routine as a Braak. He would not let others suspect that he was slacking, but it was starting to wear him down. Sleep was precious and he would get as much of it as he could.

Yet it seemed that after returning late from a patrol, that he wasn't fated to get a good sleep into the following morning. A mere few hours from when he settled down, he found himself being assaulted. Eyes flying open, a snarl ripped from his throat as he sprang to three paws, the fourth poised in the air with unsheathed claws to attack his assailant, only to find Sorra grinning at him maliciously.

With a growl, he sheathed his claws and glared in the face of the grinning lioness. See how she liked it when she was expected to hunt for the pride and mind the slaves. Maybe telling her to boss around the slaves would show her what she had narrowly avoided becoming. Or maybe she would just treat them as equals and he would have to beat them all down. No, she wasn't ready to see the slaves of the pride.

As he brooded, he thought, nose twitching disdainfully at his disrupted slumber. She was becoming bolder, she was spending more time with their pride mates and she was starting to pick up the language faster, though he hadn't a clue where, for her dialect was different from his own. Maybe he ought to try to show more restraint. Yet when someone attacked him like that in his sleep... He sighed and looked at Sorra.

"Yai aeuo roaeur'rs gaetk. Yai v'rr daexo saab (You are learning fast. You will make good Nergui.)" He told her and then got to his paws again. "Tuae'r'rs 'k 't.(Training it is.)" And he started to pad off. She had gotten better in traveling distance and her stamina was up considerably. He would have her working on her agility in the sand today and show her some of the hunting grounds for the Nergui. There were places the Emkurcar liked to frequent, where prey could easily be found. He would show her these places after, but for the time being, he would test her by letting her do what he suspected she wanted to do for a very long time. Hunt him.

"Tabaev vo vuaekk'ko lirk'rs. Yai v'rr lirk do, (Today, we practice hunting. You will hunt me,)" He explained to her as he led her towards a familiar area where they had walked before. "Dik g'utk, vo vaerx. (But first, we walk.)" And so he began to walk, keeping his gaze on Sorra this time and evaluating how far she had come from where they started merely a few weeks ago.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:58 pm
Sorra’s grin nearly fell. But she steeled herself. The weeks with Larak, he hadn’t… struck her. He wouldn’t do so now, would he? She thought she was confident that he wouldn’t but noticed her shoulders relaxing when he sheathed his claws and placed down his paw. Oh good, he didn’t break the streak. Her grin came back in strength.

Ok cuirka,” the lioness smirked, turning around and moving towards the usual path, tail trailing over Larak’s cheek as she passed. Trara mus kicr cukvaseseum.” Her arrogance was beginning to mount. She doubted she would be able to beat someone physically yet. At least, not in this pride. But growing up with parents such as hers, picking up a language should be a piece of cake.

Her smirk was short lived, however, her confidence shattered. Did she… hear that right? When he repeated it in English, she blinked. Hunt… him? He had to be kidding. She wouldn’t- she couldn’t. Stuttering, she trailed after him, forgetting to speak in his tongue. ”What do you mean, hunt you,” she snapped, not enjoying this little game. ”I will not.” She couldn’t explain why she refused. She should have been delighted. But… She didn’t want to be humiliated. And… she couldn’t quite arise the anger she felt towards him.

The day was still new, however. And the male was bound to say something to make her bristle.

Belloblossom

Ok cuirka - Of course
Trara mus kicr cukvaseseum. - There not much competition

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 am
Larak stared down the lioness with hardening eyes at her refusal. She hadn't even bothered to hear him out yet. Sometimes, it was hard not to attack her and his temper, while typically cool, had to bubble up from time to time. He was his mother's son after all.

She doesn't yet understand Nergui way. He told himself. She is smart. She will understand if you explain it to her. The voice then said more urgently. Remain still, remain calm. Do not fight. This is not a fight you will win with claws. And he exhaled a long sigh, composed himself and his glare lessened.

"D'b vai roqou vraev-lirk vlor vai vouo ae vaikl? (Did you never play-hunt when you were a youth?)" He asked her. "Ik 't aer ozouk'to gau kidt 'r vl'kl aro kid 't klo lirkou, klov vuavr kluaisl klo taerbt, ae'd ka do troaexv, vl'ro klo aklou kid vuokorbt ka do ae vuov-doaetk. (It is an exercise for cubs in which one cub is the hunter, they prowl through the sands, aim to be sneaky, while the other cub pretends to be a prey-beast.)" He informed her, speaking slower than he might usually, because this would be a lot of words and Sorra was still learning, even if she did have someone helping her on the side. He went on.

"Ig klo lirkou 't kaa raib au rak qouv tkoaerklv, klo aklou groot aerb klo saedo orbt klouo.(If the hunter is too loud or not very stealthy, the other flees and the game ends there.)" He looked at her to make sure she was taking this all in before he went on again. "Tvv'kaerrv klouo 't aer aebirk vaekkl'rs vla kaer kauuokk klo dolaeq'aut ag klo kidt aerb koaekl klod lav ka 'dvuaq ivar klodtorqot. Ir kl't kaeto, I v'rr do klaek uaro, aet vorr aet klaek ag klo vuov-doaetk aerb vai v'rr tkaerx do 'r kl't kouu'kauv. (Typically there is an adult watching who can correct the behaviors of the cubs and teach them how to improv upon themselves. In this case, I will be that role, as well as that of the prey-beast and you will stalk me in this territory.)"

He smiled a little as he finished up his explanation,
"Yai xrav lav ka vaerx aerb uir 'r klo taerbv kouuae'r, dik vai ba rak vok xrav lav ka lirk. Wo v'rr tkaeuk v'kl vai lirk'rs do, au vuokorb'rs ka, I'b aevvuok'aeko 'k 'g vai b'br'k t'rx vaiu kraevt au kookl 'rka do, (You know how to walk and run in the sandy terrain, but you do not yet know how to hunt. We will start with you hunting me, or pretending to, I'd appreciate it if you didn't sink your claws or teeth into me,)" For a moment, his expression seemed playful, the closest to contentment he had shown around the lioness thus far. "Vlor vai aeuo aedro ka lirk do vorr oraisl, vai kaer kuv ar aekkiaer vuov-doaetkt. Nav, ba vai v'tl vai klaerso vaiu aertvou?(When you are able to hunt me well enough, you can try on actual prey-beasts. Now, do you wish you change your answer?" Now he looked at her expectantly. Would she be able to process all of that on her own? Would she be able to formulate a plausible reply? Only time would tell.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:38 pm
It was hard to keep up with what he was saying. She had learned a considerably amount of the language to where she could speak dozens of phrases and understand a vast amount. But too much at once left her scrambling to pick out the words. It didn’t help that Kimya’s dialect was a bit different than Larak’s, leaving her second guessing on a lot of words. But… she thought she got the gist. Her shoulders slumped in relaxation. ”Oh,” she breathed, relieved. ”Pretend hunt.” Smiling over her own mix up, she straightened and moved towards him. ” I srae mus su rirs aeui suu kicr,” she murmured teasingly, walking past him and playfully flicking her tail against his cheek.

It had… taken her quite a while to get this comfortable. Though she was still unsure about him, she did like teasing him on occasion in this way. It baffled even her but she was enjoying herself and she wasn’t so selfless to where she’d stop something she enjoyed. It caused no harm, anyways.

Las ik su, slow poke,” Sorra Suau taunted over her shoulder. She was confident that she could catch him now. How hard could it be?

belloblossom
First one- I try not to hurt you too much (she messed up a bit on the grammar)
Second one- Let us go

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:27 pm
Larak nodded, seeing that she understood and relieved that she agreed to his terms. His ears flicked when she used the rogue common tongue, ugly language that it was, but when she went on to speaking in Nergui, he relaxed and went so far as to smile at the lioness, before she started off.

"I aekkovk vaiu klaerrorso. (I accept your challenge.)" He told her, before striding after her.

When they had walked a far enough distance, Larak growled to get Sorra's attention and nodded towards the horizon.

"I v'rr kaeuuv ar aeloaeb aerb vai v'rr vae'k louo gau ae gov dadorkt. Wlor I aed aik ag t'slk, kado aegkou do aerb lirk do. (I will carry on ahead and you will wait here for a few moments. When I am out of sight, come after me and hunt me.)" He turned and smiled at her as he added in mocking tones. "Ig vai kaer. (If you can.)" Before he ran off ahead.

Eventually he came to a space that was marked by a tree and he batted at its wiry branches. He could not see Sorra, but he stilled, his senses alert, to detect her if she approached.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:45 pm
Wait here? Nodding slightly, she glanced around before watching him leave. It was… odd, being alone. These moments were so scarce that they nearly had her jumping at her own shadow. But no… she wouldn’t. She squinted as Larak got further, waiting for a moment for when he was little more than a speck. Looking over her shoulder, she judged to make sure no one was around before staring at the sands. Waiting for the wind pattern. A smile crossed her expression when she confirmed the direction and went downwind, making a large circle around where Larak had gone.

It was easy to see most of the terrain, except when dunes climbed exceptionally high or there was a sparse bit of plant life. Each time she came upon a tree or bush, she crouched low and carefully placed her steps on the burning sand. Each time she topped a dune, she crawled to the peak on her belly and peeked over the side. No such luck so far.

She would need another bath, she decided. It was too sandy. And though she had gotten somewhat used to it, there was more crawling around in the sand today then there had been in the past. Focus, she reminded herself as she spotted another tree. Could he be…? She made a wide circle towards the back of the tree, sinking to her belly every now and again to try and blend with the sands. Maybe she should have rolled in it earlier to make herself blend more. There. She was sure he was there. There was a slight scent in the wind. Grinning, she creeped closer, trying to keep her tail from waving in the wind, tried to keep from getting notice.

Until she brushed against a small cactus, unnoticed since she had been so focused on Larak. Yelping, she jumped away from the plant… and promptly stepped on another, that was just a bit of distance away. She felt the needles stick in this time and yowled.
belloblossom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:06 pm
Larak hadn't heard her coming, which he supposed was a testament to her, but when she started yowling, he whipped around with wide eyes. Was she being attacked? Was there an enemy lurking who had stalked his mate, while she stalked him? He scanned the area, fur bristling, when he found the attackers. The cacti were sticking to Sorra's paws and she looked almost comical, hopping around like she would, but if she applied any more pressure on the needles she'd been stuck with, they would be quite difficult to get out.

"Stop!" He roared, hurrying over to her. He used her tongue rarely, but when he did, it was to convey something of immediate importance. "You'll make it worse if you move around like that." He lowered his head, careful to avoid the needles of the crushed cacti surrounding his lioness and then breathed a sigh of relief. They were not poisonous and they had not yet dug so deep as to be more painful to remove.

"Slav do vaiu vaevt, aro aek ae k'do. I'rr lorv vai uodaqo klo roobrot. (Show me your paws, one at a time. I'll help you remove the needles.)" He told her, looking sympathetically at her, before flicking his ears and adding. "Yai kaer ba 'k vaiutorg 'g vai vuogou, dik 'k't itiaerrv dokkou 'g tadoaro vla laet virrob roobrot dogauo ka ba 'k aesae'r. (You can do it yourself if you prefer, but it's usually better if someone who has pulled needles before to do it again.)" He offered, not wanting to get smacked (especially not with the things protruding from her paws) by trying to help.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 pm
His roar made her jump, nearly stepping fully on the needles again. Eyes wide and still tenderly holding her paws, she freezed and watched him run over to her. Startled and a bit on edge, she took a step back as he approached, uncertain. Quickly, she realized his intent and she relaxed. Well, relaxed as much as one with needles in her paws could.

”They’re fine,” she blurted out, feeling the need to comfort his worry. It unnerved her, how much attention and concern he was showing. It made her embarrassed. And pleased. But mainly embarrassed. She followed his instruction without thought, shifting her balance to hold her paw out to him. It wasn’t until he told her that she could do it herself did it occur to her.

Feeling her cheeks heat, she closed her eyes and pushed her paw further to him. The ache was there but it wasn’t excruciating as long as she didn’t mess with the needle. She couldn’t imagine pulling them out herself. And… there was another reason but she wasn’t ready to admit it. She wasn’t ready to admit that she liked his concern. Because, if she admitted to that, she may have to admit to other things. And she just wasn’t ready.

”I almost had you, you know,” she told him with a frown, trying to distract herself from the pain and her own thoughts. I think next time, you won’t even see me until I toss you to the ground,” she boasted with a smirk, switching to his language. Not because she knew it pleased him. She wouldn’t go out of her way to please him. That wasn’t her. Oh, I do have to stop thinking about him like this, she scolded herself, face feeling hot again.
Belloblossom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:12 pm
When Sorra held her paw out to him, Larak looked at her with gratitude in his eyes. He observed the needles carefully, noting with some appreciation that she had switched back to his own language. He replied in kind, though slowly.

"I aebq'ko vai rak ka toux aevaev. Ik v'rr kaeito kartopiorkot. (I advice you not to jerk away. It will cause consequences.)" He warned her, before smiling and remarking. "Yot, vai'uo tlav'rs bog'r'ko 'dvuaqodork. I kairbr'k loaeu vaiu aevvuaaekl, iv ka ae koukae'r va'rk. (Yes, you're showing definite improvement. I couldn't hear your approach, up to a certain point.)" It was then that he took three needles in his maw and delicately, yet firmly pulled them from her paw.

Pinpricks of blood appeared where they were pulled and he licked them away on impulse.
"I ba rak baidk klaek vai v'rr suav tkuarsou. (I do not doubt that you will grow stronger.)" He said before he pulled the remaining needles from her paw and licked away any further blood. After inspecting it a moment longer, he nodded for her to give her her other afflicted paw. It seemed as though her front paws had been stuck most.

"Yai laeqo door 'dvuaq'rs uodaeuxaedrv vorr, s'qor klo k'ukidtkaerkot. Yai tlairb do vuaib ag vaiutorg. (You have been improving remarkably well, given the circumstances. You should be proud of yourself.)" He went on and then lowering his gaze and meeting her eyes with a smile he added, with warmth in his rumble. "I xrav I aed. (I know I am.)"

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers