[PRP] Stargazing (Phayton & Jailla)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:39 pm
The faint breeze rolling in off the ocean was cool, but not chilly. It felt good on Phayton's bare skin, and he smiled. He'd removed his shirt to lay on the beach sand like a towel, having forgotten to bring a towel for himself and Jailla to rest on. Of course, he didn't think of going back and getting one -- once down on the beach near the Weyr, you were pretty much down there, as it was a small hike back up the dunes to the vast caldera. And there wasn't enough shirt for her to sit on; again, this was something that just went over the young man's head.

He looked up at the night sky, marvelling at all the stars he could see away from the lights of the Weyr. It was like a blanket across the sky that was painted with a shower of dazzling jewels. Some of the stars were brighter than others, but he didn't know if they had names or not. He'd learned something about navigating by them during a nighttime Threadfall, or at least he thought he had. Phayton wasn't the best student in Candidate class -- too easily distracted.

But he didn't care, not really. This was all a prelude to Impression, and everybody knew it. Besides, it'd all be reinforced in Weyrling training, once he found his dragon on the sands of the Hatching Ground. Once there was a clutch there, that is.

"Hey Jailla," he said to the red-haired girl next to him on the beach. "So do stars have names? I mean, there's Rukbat, I know that much, but it's not a star, is it? It's a planet, right?"

He pointed up at a particularly bright star. "What's that one called?"

Thaliawen
a start for yoooou <3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:45 pm
"Some of the stars have names," Jailla said, and gave him a smile. She turned her attention up to the star he indicated. Her eyebrows knit together and she frowned in thought.

"I...don't know," she admitted. Admitting that she didn't know something was hard, especially when it was to Phayton. "Maybe we can look it up together?" She suggested, and gave him another, slightly shier, smile.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:02 pm
Phayton returned her smile and reached up to lightly rub her back. "That would be great! I'd love to look it up with you. Maybe if it doesn't have a name we could give it one!" He slid his hand around to take hers with a gentle squeeze. "Though I don't think the Starcrafters would like that," he mused aloud, rubbing his thumb softly over the back of her hand.

Returning his gaze to the stars overhead, he sighed. "I should pick up a craft, I think. In case, you know, I don't ever Impress. Maybe I'll learn to be a Starcrafter, like you."

Thaliawen

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff