Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands
[PRP] Chewing the Fat (Usushisa x Faust)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:42 pm
User ImageFaust lowered his head and drank from the watering hole he was resting by for the day. The Bonelands lions were reaching the end of their migration and the lands they were coming upon were far more lush and green than he had ever seen in his life. By other standards it might still be a dry savanna, but to him it was a tropical paradise having lived most of his life in the desert.

Lifting his head, the grey lion licked his lips to catch the remaining droplets of water before flopping down in the shade not far from the edge of the little pond. He glanced up at the tree, watching the leaves as they played in the breeze. So strange, he thought to himself, that some animals ate those and survived. They were so tiny, so...unsatisfying, and yet giraffes gobbled them up. Life was strange, but he tried not to think too deeply about things like that. Asking too many questions sometimes gave you answers you didn't want to know.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:14 am
User Image

Usushisa was typically a modest lioness. She tried to better herself and prove she was useful to her pride by becoming one of the pride's better hunters. As a result, she was often out and about each day, from morning until just before dusk fell, either out on her own or accompanied by her pride sisters, hunting and practicing. She hunted to distract herself whenever she thought of having cubs. Her mother had had problems becoming pregnant, so what was to stop Usu from having a similar problem, she fretted.

It was easier when it was just her father, Andhaka and Bangziwe ruling the pride. Once Kuhasa had joined, all of Usu's half-sisters and sisters went to go court the Inselelo and Usu was happy to continue her hunts while her pride sisters became pregnant with the new males cubs. Because there was only one eligible male, who was new, he had been easy to ignore, but now...

Now there were at least four, if she had counted correctly. She couldn't even remember some of their names, for many of them were lengthy and confusing. Yet, despite their strange names and pale coats, they were in fact, eligible males. Many of the lionesses didn't seem to know what do to with the sudden explosion of males, but Usu did. She knew that if she was going to have any cubs at all, that it would be the time to ask now. She needed to go in strong and convince one of these lions to engage with her no matter how many times it took before she had cubs of her own. Even if it would just be a small litter, she had reasoned with herself, then she would at least be achieving her life long dream.

So, she started looking. She didn't want someone who was already swooning over the masses of lionesses available and she didn't want someone condescending, just because he was new and in charge. She wanted someone who could sympathize with her position, who wouldn't make fun of her... So, naturally, she went for the quiet one.

She had asked around for his name and eventually gotten it: Faust. It was an unusual name, to be sure, but now that she knew it, all she had to do next was seek him out, introduce herself and explain her situation. She swallowed some of her nervousness. Easier thought than done. When she first tried to find him, she was unable to and it was when she wasn't looking that he finally appeared.

Usushisa had gone to the watering hole to keep an eye out for thirsty prey beasts for a hunt, but instead found the grey lion that she had been seeking the past few days. Straightening up and taking a few deep breaths, she approached with a smile.
"Hey there!" She called as she approached. "Mind if I join you?"

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:24 am
Faust knew to cherish his alone time and silence while he had it. This pride was quite large and there were females frequently coming up to him to introduce themselves, ask him questions, or tell him that something needed his attention. Today seemed to be no different as the wind alerted him to an approaching lioness, her scent reaching his nose before he spotted her with his eyes. She was a very dark red, a strange coloration to be sure in this area. He had noticed that the females were predominantly naturally colored with a few outliers here and there. Red seemed to be an okay color, though, as there was quite a bit of it in the pride.

The question she posed made him shake his head slightly. No, he didn't mind at all. He didn't really have a choice in the matter, but it was thoughtful of her to ask first. There were lionesses here that took up his time and occupied his personal space without so much as a thought to his preferences, but he had been told before comign here that the females really did call the shots.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:18 pm
Usushisa smiled, relieved that the lion didn't mind her presence and she tipped her head gracefully, before sitting a respectable, yet friendly distance away from him. She was content to sit there in silence for a while,
observing the sky above as she worked up the nerve to speak directly to him.

"It must be so peculiar, coming into a pride where lionesses are more common than lions. More to the point, that they come swooning over you, too, must be a change from wherever you were before." She flicked an ear. She had grown up in the Bonelands and certainly didn't know any other life, but from what the Busisa told her, living as a rogue or for the few that lived in prides before the Bonelands, well, it wasn't at all like her home. So, she assumed it was the same for this lion.

"I hope I don't offend, but I am one of the masses who will approach you for the purpose of... That is to say... Um..." She trailed off and shuffled her paws, before casting a look at the lion. "I mean, if you're not opposed to the notion, well... There's the matter of... of cubs. That's sort of expected in this pride, you know...?" She perked her ears, but she looked uncertain at best,
this wasn't a topic she was familiar with discussing, especially among lions.
She knew she ought to be more charming or flirty, but with this being her first attempt at, well, anything, she just hoped what she was doing was, enough.

"I'm Usushisa, by the way." She added, though after her stumbling proposal, she wouldn't blame him if he didn't hear that part.

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:49 pm
Faust knew the lionesses in the pride were curious about their new Abaholi so he didn't take her presence as strange. When she began to speak, though, he knew something was up rather than simply coming to meet him. He focused his grey eyes on the red female, ear twitching as a few flies buzzed around his head. Those bugs were never far from a fresh kill and he had helped himself a few hours ago to the newest meal.

When it became apparent what she was asking for, Faust had to admit to himself he was a bit surprised. He had been told the females here preferred darker pelts and, while he did get a bit dark in his mane, he certainly wasn't the darkest. Then again, blood relations were common within the pride so it was possible she was related to another Umholi and he was the most desirable option out of what was left.

"Yes, I know," he said, speaking for the first time since she had approached him. "I can assist you whenever you feel the time is right." They were just about through with their migration so it would be an ideal time to welcome more cubs to the pride soon once they were settled and in a plentiful land once more. He had heard that before he had arrived there had been a drought in which a number of cubs were born and it had stretched the resources and energy of the pride rather thin.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:33 pm
Usushisa was surprised to hear him suddenly speaking, but she took it as a good sign. She flicked her tail to try and ward off her unease. She wasn't the boldest or most noticeable of lionesses, especially since red had become a more popular color in the pride, thanks to her father's long stay there.

Still, she had found an in with Faust and for that she was grateful. She wasn't too thrilled about the notion of him learning of her issues, but perhaps if she was careful and tiptoed around it, she would be able to ensure a second try. She had heard rumors that the lioness Safura had had to try twice with the lion, Kuhasa,
before any cubs resulted from it. When she was pregnant with the cubs, it was talked about, but once she had the sizeable litter and with such beautiful cubs too, the talk had changed to the little ones. If Usushisa was able to do that for herself that would be good enough for her. Even if she only had one or two cubs, that would be enough.

"Thank you, I appreciate your willingness." She replied to the lion.
"In the event that... cubs are not provided in a timely manner after our...after you assist me a first time..." Let her stay strong through this proposal. Let her keep her cool, she begged to... anyone, really. "Would you be opposed to trying a second time?" Or however many times it took to see her have cubs, she added to herself.

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 am
Faust could detect and air of unease about the lioness, but he didn't push her about it. He had never sired any cubs in his old pride - he wouldn't have wanted to bring up children in an environment like that - so he was a bit nervous about the prospect of being a father, but perhaps their joint nerves could serve as a bond of sorts. They could work through it together.

The question made him nod slightly. "I will assist until you are satisfied with the results," he said in a hopefully comforting manner. He wasn't sure why it wouldn't work the first time, but he knew of lions and lionesses alike that had trouble producing cubs. Sometimes switching up the partners helped, but if she was determined to have him sire her cubs then they would try until they were victorious.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 pm
Usushisa sighed heavily, relief clear in her tone.
"Thank you." She said earnestly. "I don't believe you realize how much of a relief that is to hear." Now relaxed in speaking she went on. "You know, sometimes I wonder if you lions have any idea how intimidating you can be to us lionesses. I mean, you're all stoic and we just have to approach you and wing it, you know?"

She turned to smile at Faust.
"You're not nearly as scary as I thought, now that I've actually approached you." She told him, her expression warm. "Are you... enjoying your time here?" She asked, wanting to know more about him. After all, it was looking as though he was going to be the father of her cubs, so it was best that she'd get to know him during this chance.

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 am
Faust raised his brows in surprise at the little confession. They were the intimidating ones? Faust could see why they might be standoffish or hard to approach, but intimidating? He didn't want to come off that way, not at all.

"And I wonder if you lionesses have any idea how intimidating you can be to us lions," he countered with a tiny hint of a smile. "There's...five of us now? And dozens and dozens of you. If we do something wrong you can all easily chase us out or kill us." Really, it was hard to balance being 'in charge' and not stepping on toes.

He nodded slightly as he motioned for her to walk with him. They could chat and get to know one another a bit if that was what she wanted, but just standing here was starting to make him want to move.

"Still getting used to it," he admitted. "But it is much better than where I came from."

belloblossom
Last from me!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:19 am
Usushisa smiled at the notion that her pride sisters could ever group up together to do something so rash and nudged him on the way back. She was feeling much relieved from this whole encounter and knew she had picked a good male out of the five available.

"I suspect if we were ever to do something of that extent, one of you boys would have to do something truly heinous." She said, shaking her head. "It would take something horrible, I suspect, to get us all to agree on one course of action."

That's why there had been more Umama as of late, favoring the traditionalists and the progressive pride members. She, naturally, was leaning towards the progressive side. Her mother was their head Umama, regardless of what Umlotha claimed. She smiled at the thought.

"Tell me about where you came from?" She asked, thinking this ought to be a very nice outing as they walked beside one another and spoke. Yes, a very nice outing, indeed.

SilverLutz
Fin!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash