[PRP] Another Awakening [Tethys/Confusion]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She'd been here before - drifting in that place between wakefulness and sleep - dimly aware of sounds around her and yet unconnected. Floating. Indifferent. Forgotten. Overlooked. Time had ceased to hold all meaning. Life was a stranger and her body a thing of the past. To the forgotten thing, she could have been floating for but a single day or a millenia.

In the echoes of her mind, the forgotten one saw, heard and sensed countless things Joy. Sadness. Pain. Fear. She was alight on bird wing, lost in darkness, embraced by a lover and betrayed by a friend. Whispers in a hundred different tongues reamed through the recesses of her mind, most going undeciphered or confused. Sometimes a void would sound oddly familiar and she'd feel herself pulled towards it; both eagerly and with pain. And then it would fade and she would recede back into shadow, gifted a brief moment of quiet before the voices returned.

In more recent times she had tried to speak back to the voices. Tried to carry her voice across the wavering void that tormented her. Sometimes she even thought she might have succeeded but noone ever came.

Why did no one come?

You are forgotten, came the reply in every language thinkable, smothering her with its terrible power until she almost relented to despair and faded away entirely. Except, even then, something held her back. Was it the familiar voices who came to her more often now? Or a sense of surety that this was not how she came to an end? That she had more to give? And who even was she, anyway?

Forgotten. Kursussam. Waliopotea katika ndoto.

And as she stirred, she would eventually waken to find herself half-buried at the base of a tree. A tree that looked about ready to tip onto it's side, it's tangle of roots exposed to the sun, the earth newly disturbed as if the tree had only just become unrooted.

Epine de Rose
So she's been in a sort of 'limbo' since being killed by Nergui and has been hearing the voice of the friend who is searching for her. She's a user of telepathy so either Tethys might have 'felt' something that drove him in her direction or, likewise, he could have been drawn to the sight of a tree almost toppling over. Or both. Whichever works best!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:22 am
User Image

He didn't know how or why he had found himself out here, only that he had entered some sort of stupor. He assumed that he had become lost in his own thoughts, and with so much weight upon his shoulders at this current moment in time, that made sense. However it seemed that as he had become lost in his own musings he had become separated and now he was... here. Not that he was lost, the lion had the capacity to find his way back to his camps with relative ease, but it was still a puzzling experience to have. That being said, puzzling and bizarre could summarise a large portion of his life at this current point in time.

Fortunately, he hadn't been driven mad by the faint whispers that entered his mind, for the most part he had sorted these into the category of his own 'thoughts', an inner voice as it were as he pondered over his own issues. Ah, but what a fascinating discovery it would be to realise that perhaps, they weren't his after all.

Regardless, for the time being he found himself in a region he wasn't entirely familiar with, perhaps one that had been devoid of the attention of his prey, and he could do nothing more than take a brief moment to appreciate the 'tranquility'. How long would it be before it was invaded, before blood spattered warrens would be unearthed and the unfortunate would be found in their depths? Hopefully never, if he persisted as he did now and moved as quickly as his own father, then perhaps he would manage to prevent that in the grand scheme of things.

It was during this period of admiration that he took note of a sudden spurt of activity nearby. It hadn't seemed too dramatic at the time, but the longer he stared at the tree line that lay ahead, the more he realised that they didn't traditionally jolt that way.

How interesting.

Shaking his head, the lion opted to make his way there, if only to uncover what could be a potential food source (wildebeests perhaps) that his Reavers could use. After all, what else could possibly cause a tree to do that, eh?

Suffice it to say, that he wasn't expecting to see a snake underneath the roots when he arrived, with nothing else around, and no prints to indicate anyone else had been there...

"Huh, well fancy that..."

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:30 pm
It took her a moment to realise that the voice was not in her head. Not a distant conversation. Not a figment of her imagination or an echo of the past. It was here and now, so close that if she could just...

The snake looked up with her mismatched eyes. One orange. One purple. She looked up through a haze, feeling the breath in her lungs, feeling the sun on her body. She felt like she could purr, so good was the warmth against the flat of her head, but instead of a purr there was a long, extended hiss that seemed to work its way through her entire body, stirring her from her long slumber and bringing her back to the world of the living. She waited a long moment to gather herself, reflexively flicking her tongue back and forth. It was a few moments more before she made her next realisation. In her dreams she had not been a snake and yet, as she worked her body free of the roots and clods of earth, she realised she had been a snake all along. She'd just...forgotten?

The hooded, golden snake was almost free when she spoke at last, testing her voice gently.

"Where am I?" she paused, "who are you? Who am I? Have I been sleeping?" Or maybe she'd been sick. She felt weak, after all, though the sun was fixing that.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:58 am
Tethys's eyebrow couldn't have raised any higher as he was queried by the snake. Evidently she had been subject to some sort of trauma based on her queries, though what that trauma was remained to be seen. Suffice it to say that he sincerely doubted a crack to the head had caused the tree trunk to unseat in the manner it had done so, nor did he imagine throwing her at it would have achieved that result either.

"Well," He said finally and pursed his lips. "My name is Tethys," he began slowly, starting with the answers he was confident in before he elected to move towards slightly more unknown and puzzling territory. "I'm not quite sure where we are, I just followed my paws here," he continued and tilted his head to the side. "And quite frankly I have no idea who you are, this is the first time we've met," he pointed out.

"Whatever the case may be something appears to have happened to you if you've forgotten some key elements regarding your own personal well being," he mused and shook his head. "Do you remember anything, or are we really so far gone we're completely lost?"

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:58 pm
When Tethys had finished speaking and she, meanwhile, had been quietly listening to his voice and response, she felt herself growing uncertain. Afraid? Perhaps fear was not what she was experiencing right now...or maybe...maybe it was. Her head turned this way and that, eyes looking for answers that were not being given.

"We'll say I slept," she hissed out softly after a moment, shifting her coils completely free of the roots and turning back to look at what had cocooned her. The space looked small and suffocating to her from this side, though she was rather small. Smaller than she thought she would be. It wasn't right. This body. It didn't feel like hers but...if not hers, then who's? Nothing made sense. Perhaps it would be better to stop questioning and just accept.

"We'll also say my name is..." she paused to sift through memories and snatched at one in desperation. Renenutet. It was a name. Not hers, most likely, but it would do for the timebeing and she liked the way it sounded. She spoke it aloud and nodded in confirmation. Yes, it would do.

"Renenutet."

She turned back to the white lion with the masked face and regarded him seriously a moment, tongue flicking. "I remember nothing," she replied after a time, "but you found me so maybe I'll follow you until I do. Do you believe in fate?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:09 pm
"I believe in the concept to an extent," Tethys replied after a moment before lowering his head to inspect the snake. She seemed uninjured for the most part, dazed, but certainly not wounded. "I believe in higher powers, or those with influence, flexing their muscles and playing with the future of those beneath them for sport," he continued and pursed his lips. He spoke from personal experience, though she wouldn't be aware of that. He'd been on this journey for quite some time and the longer he was away from home, the more he began to suspect that he wasn't completely in control.

...It was as if he was caught in a dramatic game of chess between one side and another, with two very powerful (if unseen) individuals, at the helm. Ah but if only he knew how close he was to being correct, but it was unlikely he would ever find out the full extent.

"We'll call you Rene," he added and, seeming to accept her decision to follow him, he scooped her up and tossed her rather haphazardly on to his neck. "I don't do long names," he explained.

"Hope you don't mind a little drama and intrigue though, maybe a little blood; otherwise you're in for a bit of a rough ride if you stick around with me," he warned.

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:53 pm
"Drama? Intrigue? Blood?" she rolled the words in her mouth as if to taste them, then after a moment gave him a curious look. "I think that will work nicely, yes." It would help keep her grounded, perhaps. Distracted. Give her something else to think about other than this feeling of being...'wrong'. Maybe in time things would fit into place and start to feel right again.

She settled herself more comfortably around the lion's neck, glad that she was small enough to not be a burden. They could move quickly, then, and get as far away from this cursed place as possible. Renenutet had been here long enough. It was time to get away. Time to start living again.

"You are used to snakes as companions? Are there others like me with you?" It occurred to her that she really didn't know what she was getting herself into. "Other lions, too?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:34 am
"A large number of lions," Tethys replied and shook his head. "You won't struggle to find some of my own kind near me, we move en mass as of late," he explained. "We do have some of your kind with us though, in a much smaller number, but greatly respected due to their unique skill set," he added.

Admittedly, he hadn't had much opportunity to deploy his reptilian companions, but he knew that in time he would do so. They had already demonstrated their capabilities, if only for scientific purposes, and it hadn't just been him who had been impressed by their abilities. In fact, a fair few of his own vikings had willingly offered to pair with them for the coming encounters. It would put them at an advantage, particularly when some of them didn't quite possess the necessary instincts when in the dark.

"To be quite honest you stumbled on me, or I suppose I stumbled over you, at a rather interesting time," he shrugged his shoulders. "You are free to run at any time of course, but don't be terribly shocked if we encounter uninvited guests at the most inopportune times," he raised a brow and chuckled. "They certainly know how to pick their moments..."

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm
"Unique skill set?" she repeated softly, letting the words draw out with a hiss. After a moment the corner's of her serpentine mouth curled upwards. "Indeed. I may be small but there is venom in my fangs, sure enough." It was nice, though, to think that he kept the company of other snakes. She would like to get to know more of her own kind, even if lions did feel strangely familiar. Safe, even.

"It sounds like you know how to find trouble," she replied with some amusement,
"or that trouble has a way of finding you. Either way, it could be entertaining." She stretched a little more under the sun and decided that a little bit of danger could not be any worse than being trapped and alone with the horror that was her own subconscious.

"Thank you," she said after a moment, "for pulling me from my prison."

Epine de Rose
probably last post from me!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:35 am
"Yes, the majority of your kind possess interesting traits that allow them to see things we typically can't," Tethys replied with a wry smile. "For example, we can see in the light but struggle in the dark. Some of your kind don't struggle in the dark because they can see...well," he shook his head and sighed. "I'm not sure what they can see, it was explained to me as having the capacity to 'see' warmth, but I'm not quite sure how that can be visualised," he confessed.

"It places them in a unique position to help some of our warriors in battle," he cleared his throat and glanced back towards where he could see the snake out of the corner of his eye. "The creatures we fight never battle in the light, so we have to fight blind," he shrugged. "In a way, we're in a war against shadows and if you have ever tried to chase your shadow, you will know that it is difficult to harm it..."

He paused briefly though, raising a brow as she expressed her own gratitude.

"Was the tree some sort of prison?" he asked after a moment and then shook his head. "I'll be honest with you on that one, though I'm the son of a deity I don't possess divine strength," he pursed his lips lightly. "I can safely say that I couldn't move a tree by that amount myself... So perhaps we'll have to go in search of someone else to thank," he pointed out.

"I'm sure they'll stand out," he added. "Anything big enough to move that should do so."

He paused again.

"Unless they're like my mother and prefer smaller forms just to confuse everyone," he muttered. "Regardless, I'm sure we'll manage to run in to them if they're still nearby," he finished as he moved back towards the camp. It would be a long enough journey, but they'd get there eventually, and once they arrived his strange visitor would have the opportunity to converse with some of her own kind as well...

Kimaria
Settling in to work so I'm sorry for how long all these tags have taken! I think this is a good place for this one to pause! <3

Epine de Rose

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff