❂ ✦ Faisal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Lines by Heras Box, Color by Alethryia)

Inventory

Weapons
None

Items
None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:24 pm
Directory

Directory / Updates
Faisal
History
Relations
RP & Battles
Inventory
Growth

Updates

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:10 pm
User ImageName: Faisal / "Fai"
Stage: Youngling
Race: Water x Fire
Appearance A chocolate mint baby of adorableness. He has dreads styled like his father and the Matori spots / two tone from his mother and sports warm amber eyes and a trademark grin.
Base Traits: Dynamic, Unceremonious, Unrestrained
Personality: Faisal is a very dynamic young boy who loves to announce his presence with a bang. If possible he would be the one to enter the room in a flourish so that he can add to the dramatics of any situation. He's not one to sit still as he must constantly be on the move, always reaching for something new, always creating new goals when old ones have already been demolished. He speaks his mind and does not care about what others say about himself or anyone else for that matter.

On that note he's not the best at upholding formalities. As much as it dismays his noble heritage the boy simply is not good at keeping up with appearances. Sitting straight at dinner, chewing quietly, not speaking your mind when adults are present, and so many other situations are things that he uses as prime examples of this unceremonious nature of his as he fails at them all. As such he seems to be very unrestrained as he goes for what moves him in the moment with no regrets or caution for the future. Sensuality will later be something he is very fond of as he will constantly do what pleases him and others in the moment.

Live every day like it's your last.

History: Faisal and his twin, Dair, were born to an Oban captain and a Matori healer. While Saraf is often out with the army their mother, Arima, has taken to being home more of late so that she can help her grandmother in raising the twin boys who can be quite the handful. Currently Faisal doesn't understand the strangeness of their situation, but in the future he will come to learn more about his mother and her noble heritage which may or may not in the future effect his own life, especially if his grandmother tries to make matches for either of her grandsons...

Notes:
- He's very competitive so feel free to challenge him!

- His twin brother is the dearest person and he's not very good with the idea of sharing him with any strangers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:15 pm
Relations

*Arima - His delightful mother who can really be amazing when she shows off her magic! Other than that he does enjoy the bedtime stories that she often reads to him and Dair.

*Saraf - His dad who is wicked awesome with his sword fighting. Faisal looks up to him and hopes that he can be as tough as him one day.

*Dair - His dear brother who he loves to compete with. Secretly he really adores and looks up to him but he prefers not to let Dair catch on so easily!

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:18 pm
RPS & Battles

Youngling

[Fetching Fruit] // An rp with his brother in which they go to gather fruit and end up painting on one of the old garden walls. // I just hope Gramma and Mother aren't tooo angry when they see our wonderful piece of art. I'm pretty impressed by what Dair and I did after all!

[A Moment in Time] // A day spent at the ocean with his family that results in a magical water fight and a delicious picnic. // Definitely a day to remember! It was all of our first times seeing the ocean after all! Please let us go back?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 pm
Inventory

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:23 pm
Growth

Prentice Growth Form

Character Name:Faisal
Class Promotion: [Swordsman (Sentinal)]
Current Location: Oba
Journal: x
RP Growth Point Links:
25/25
1 SVP
Just a tree - 5 pnts
Sunrise Surprise - 5pnts
Strange Weather WE - 5pnts
Class Affinity/Choice Solo:
[x]
Class Quest Solo: [x]
Items:
Comb, Change of Clothing x 2, Metal Bands,

Keep the dreads, style can stay as is or be like this style.

Outfit can be mostly CC but here's a few inspirational pieces - [x1] [x2] and [x3]

Definitely want metal bands around his arms or wrists like bracers / gloves.

Simple Sword, Hammer, Dyes
[shape] - use the hammer to shape the blade like this and use dye to make the hilt gold or bronze. Blade color can be changed if wanted as well. CC

Preferred Artists: Heras or Scar / Colors Heras, Tasi or me.
WIPs: Go for it

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:43 pm
solo 1

“Why not be a bard or a trader? Or learn healing like your mother?” It was early afternoon and sunlight flickered through the huge bay window of the room, highlighting all of the golden designs intricately woven into the crimson rug beneath his feet. To the right side of the window stood an older Oban woman with crimson hair streaked with white. Yet despite her age she still held beauty and poise, especially in the way that she held herself while speaking. Draped around her shoulders was a silk shawl, the only sign of weakness as the desert heat typically caused one to wear less clothing rather than more. Her legs were hidden in the folds of crimson silk and golden baubles decorated her ears while beads of rare stone dangled around her neck. It was obvious that this woman was a wealthy noble who was not accustomed to shying away from any topic as years of power had developed quite the charisma. Something which showed now as she addressed the hybrid boy lounging about on the chaise behind her.

Twisting from his relaxed position Faisal glanced towards his grandmother with a slight frown. He had been content to spend the morning with her by reading together and sharing lunch, but now that she was addressing more difficult topics he was beginning to feel the heat. Or was that simply from the sunlight rising high in the sky marking noon? Either way Faisal found himself tugging lightly at the vest he wore as if that would give him more air and more freedom away from any such conversations, “Do we really need to have this talk right now?” He asked, trying to sound less snippy and more polite, but honestly it was hard! It wasn’t like he functioned well under pressure and she knew that! Faisal definitely knew though that he was meant to be a fighter because living a laid back life just bothered him. Not that he minded fun, but he was just far too competitive and thirsty for adventure to stay at home and whallow in his fortunes. No offense grams. He thought hastily as if worried she would read his thoughts.

Instead she seemed too intent upon staring outside of the window. Was she that disappointed in him for not wanting to stay at home forever? No, it was more like she was just pondering his future because even he hadn’t seemed to make a move towards anything. Anything other than trouble that was. Sighing ever so quietly under his breath, Faisal slipped from his perch on the silk sofa and instead moved so that he could gently reach an arm around his grandmother’s waist and squeeze her in a hug, “It’s not like I’m going to rot away, Gramma.” He replied quietly as he too studied their view of the oasis, “I just don’t think I can sit still enough for anything.”

“What about the royal guard then?”

“Eh?” Faisal blinked as words that he had never expected left his grandmother’s lips, “What do you mean?”

“Well noble families often produce high ranking officers or even better knights that serve the royal family. You’ve always admired your father’s sword as a child so I pondered over the idea of having the blacksmith craft you a weapon….we could find you a knight to apprentice under as well.”

“Why can’t I learn from my father?” Faisal frowned as he pondered over this revelation. Not that he was upset or anything because he did cherish the sword. He just hadn’t expected his grandmother to suggest him using one….like ever. So it was indeed surprising to hear her make the suggestion whereas he had thought he would have to sneak it into the manor or better yet butter her up and then beg her to allow him to practice swordsmanship. This was surprisingly easy instead of all of that so admittedly he was a bit wary.

“He’s often so busy and that Outcast Unit well….it is rather appropriately named.”

“Mamma works with them here and there still.” Replied Faisal with a pout, “I don’t know why it’d be such a big deal.”

“Would you really want your parents with you all the time?” Countered his grandmother with a small grin, “I mean if you’d like…”

“Nope!” Faisal quickly shook his head, “You win there.” His father was awesome but he could already imagine how overbearing he would be while his mother probably would try to baby him! How embarrassing would that be?

His grandmother laughed at his reaction before resting her head against his shoulder, “Just think on it alright, darling? I’ll not rush you but you really should consider what you’d like to do. I can only be alive so long and I know you are not too fond of just living here and doing readings for the rest of your own life.”

A small smile flickered across his features before he kissed his grandmother’s cheek and excused himself from the room. While Dair was out he had found himself swept up into having lunch with their grandmother and while Faisal did enjoy her presence it was growing difficult as of late to answer her questions. Did he really know what he wanted? The sword was a great step forward and truly she had noticed his love for the blade, something that was somewhat touching, but Faisal was nervous. Was he going to be a knight then? Could he even pull it off as well as his father did?

What about Dair? His brother hadn’t really told him his future plans either. Sighing, Faisal ran a hand through his dreads and thought about it some more. A blade, yes. A knight? Maybe. An army man, probably not? He wasn’t the best at following directions after all. So how could he become a knight? IF he had honor, which he did, then it could be possible. It wasn’t like he had to walk in formation or go to war all the time...and he could be near home. Sighing Faisal shook his head. He was too young for this!

He didn’t want responsibilities. He wanted to just enjoy the world. A sword would be grand because then he could just travel with it. That would offer him protection and probably allow him to leave home more since he would seem more than ready for it! No more sneaking out, no more hoping to catch his grandmother in a trusting mood, etc. Now that he could live with! Grinning at the thought Faisal twisted around in the hallway before dashing downstairs and out towards the back gardens. Grabbing a stick he imagined jabbing forward with it as if it were a sword and with a chuckle he did just that!

He knew the stances, had watched so many others perform them, and in all honesty he had a blade hidden in his room. An older one that he had bought in the market but still a blade nonetheless. He could balance it well and he was prepared to fight anyone. At least that was his hope even if he did accidentally trip with the stick in his hands. A bit too excited there I suppose. He joked quietly before stopping his antics so that he could just walk through the gardens. At least the garden was pretty and well organized, the exact opposite of his own mind. There was just so much he wanted to do, so much that he wasn’t ready to let go of yet and so much that he did desire at the same time!

Him, a knight? Nah. Faisal pondered the thought some more before shaking his head. It just wasn’t his cup of tea. But! The trickster part of him did sneak in a few tempting thoughts. Why not act as if he would take up the offer so that he could get a nice new sword and his grandmother would let him go out? HE would have to travel to his mentor and then he could perhaps take that funding to go explore the world instead.

How would Dair react to it though? It wouldn’t be like Faisal planned on being gone forever. It was more of a month vacation idea really. Then he could come home, face the wrath of his grandmother, and then share his stories with his brother! Grinning at the idea as it continued to unfold in his mind Faisal made a note of all that it would take to pull off such a maneuver. It would be a grand scheme and definitely his best trick to date! Just imagine traveling for free under the guise of going into training? He could just send a note canceling the plans with whatever mentor she wanted to give him and then just hop over the southern border into Jahaur...

If he actually did have the gall to do such a thing.

But who knew? Maybe he would and maybe he wouldn’t…

[1506]  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:44 pm
Growth Solo

Faisal was eager to leave the manor. His grandmother had given him a scroll along with a pouch of coin and he was to visit a blacksmith residing in the upper markets. Hinyt? Was that the name again? Faisal pursed his lips thoughtfully before pulling on one of those silk shirts that often stayed untouched in his wardrobe. Tightening the violet material about his waist he then finished up by keeping the loose shirt in place with the typical Oban belt, one woven with golden amber threads. His grandmother expected him to look decent and since she was giving him such a good present the hybrid boy obliged. He probably would rip off the shirt later once he got finished with errands but for now he tugged at it once more just to make certain it would stay in place. How anyone managed to look prim and proper all of the time was beyond him.

And she expected him to be a formal knight one day?

The thought made him purse his lips and the boy quickly shook his head. He was not about that life at all! That was why once he received his blade he was determined to sneak away from home for a bit. He just hoped Dair would be okay with his plans….surely his brother would understand though that Faisal needed to be free for just a bit longer. Or maybe Dair would want to come with him? He didn’t even know his brother’s plans for the future - a realization which had him frowning as he left the manor. I suppose we spent so much time playing that we never did take much thought to serious matters.

Maybe someone else would have dwelt on such a realization but Faisal just shoved it aside. Who was he to worry about such things? He was an optimist who believed that what would be would be. Things had always worked out before so why not now? Smirking at the thought the hybrid boy skipped ahead and towards the market. It was just a slight right up this hill here past those few houses...

Immediately the sounds of a loud crowd, the heat of the desert sun, and the smells of incense and steamed dumplings crashed into him. Now this was the life! Faisal grinned as a couple of girls passed him and he couldn’t help winking as they giggled. The boy knew no fear as he waltzed towards the upper levels and came to the familiar smokes of a forge, “Hello?” Calling out Faisal leaned against the doorframe.

It seemed oddly quiet here….

Pursing his lips the boy began to walk through the shop and since no one was there to stop him he fell prey to the typical mischievous nature that controlled him, “Ooooh what about this one?” Picking up a chained weapon Faisal motioned as if he were attacking something with it before a loud gasp made him fumble and drop the thing.

“What are you doing?” An Oban girl hissed behind him, “Is this some play area for you?” She darted forward and took the mace so that she could place it back on the shelves, “Seriously I didn’t know my father’s workshop had become a kindergarten.”

Frowning Faisal studied her, “What’s wrong with testing out a few weapons? I don’t see how it’s so responsible for someone to be ignoring their forge while its open for business either.” He taunted back though his gaze did soften as he noticed the flush that decorated the girl’s cheeks.

“I had to check on something in the back.” She retorted quietly, “My father is out for the time being at a meeting so how may I help you?” As Faisal handed over the parchment she unfurled it and read it quickly, “Ah. So you’re that grandson then.” She peeked back at him and huffed, “Not too impressive…”

“Excuse me?” Faisal replied as he made certain to stand straighter, “I consider myself quite impressive indeed. Not that I care what you think but if your father comes back I can work with him then…”

“Oh don’t feel so disturbed.” Clucking her tongue against her teeth the Oban girl moved closer to Faisal, “I can measure your fit for a blade and help you out with handles and materials. Since the Lady is the client we can offer the more precious metals, perhaps something with a bronze gleam to reflect how your skin is? If you are as vain as you seem then I’m sure it’ll be nice for you to wield.”

“I don’t know whether to be insulted or flattered that you want to match a precious material to me.” Quipped back Faisal, “Maybe I’m a bit attractive despite your disdain for me?”

Flushing she just stared at him before letting out a loud sigh, “Sure. Just stand here and let me get your measurements and a sense of your style….sir.” She dragged out the word as if it left a foul taste in her mouth and Faisal had to resist rolling his own eyes. Talk about a tough one!

“Faisal.” He replied quietly as she moved closer with a measuring stick, “The name is Faisal.”

“Ah.”

“Well?”

“Well what?” She paused as she peered over him, “Oh.” After a moment she sighed once more and while scribbling down threw out a name, “Bia.” She smacked at his back with the stick, “Cant’ you stand a bit straighter while I’m doing this?”

“Sure, sure.” Still he couldn’t help smiling as she marked him and had him do a few practice movements. She even got the details of his hand down by holding his wrist and checking to see how heavy of a blade it would work with. Despite her fiery temper and grumpy attitude the girl was rather cute. Deep crimson hair woven into a tight braid that touched the lower part of her back and pale pink eyes that stood out against that mocha skin. She even had a slight flecking of stones across her forehead like a jeweled tiara. But then again there went that pretty look as she instead grumped about something else he did.

“Sorry sorry.” Faisal shifted back and showed her the maneuver once more before she continued marking down even more notes.

“And done.” When they were finally finished Faisal found himself exhausted. Who knew that such a fitting would require so much? Then again his grandmother had wanted the perfect custom sword for him.

“Do you treat all your customers so roughly?” He questioned as he rotated his shoulders and watched as she held out certain metals, “That one.” He found himself glancing towards the ore, “Is that strong?”

“It is.” She smirked, “A bit too strong perhaps for a beginner but we can work with it.”

“Here’s hoping.” As Faisal watched her prep the materials for her father’s return the hybrid couldn’t help wondering out loud, “So are you happy to help out like this? You seem pretty pro at it if you don’t mind me saying.”

“Of course!” She huffed back towards him with a frown, “It’s my life passion to become a blacksmith like my father. Unlike someone who has probably never had to worry about anything I found my responsibilities refreshing. It makes me feel like I’m doing something worthwhile and my dream is to see my blades with some of the best knights of Oba.”

“Huh.” Faisal glanced towards her, “I suppose that’s a good goal. I’m sure you can do it.”

“Easy enough for you to say when you’re not the one working the forge.” She retorted quietly before glancing over at the list one last time, “I’ll have this for my father and it should be ready by a moon’s time.” As she ushered him out of the door Bia stumbled, “Oh! I have to go...the market….”

“I’ll go with you.” Faisal startled himself by offering but he gestured, “It looks like you’ll have a lot to pick up so I don’t mind. Consider it the luxury of someone without responsibility.” He couldn’t help jabing at her before following her through the streets and to the lower markets.

Eventually they gathered all the materials Bia needed and despite their initial friction the two managed to make casual chatter and get along. So it seemed Faisal was correct, once again everything was going without a hitch.

Or at least that was what he thought.

When they crossed through a slightly darker, out of the way alley the pair found themselves surrounded by some gruff men, “Hey girl. You should leave the hybrid and come with us.” Taunted one of the boys as he whistled towards her.

“No, no that’s the daughter of that grumpy ole blacksmith! He’s got his head so far up his own arse that he won’t even make blades for ‘crude’ bandits like us.” Quipped one of the older men, “Remember?”

“As he should have.” Spat back Bia, “So we’d appreciate it if you got off of your sore asses and left us alone.” It was remarkable how much fear she lacked even when one of the bandits smacked her across the face, “Umph!” Her basket dropping from her arms Bia faltered backwards from the blow before glaring at her assailant, “Yer a bunch of bastards.” She hissed and Faisal found himself stepping forward hesitantly.

Of course the bandits just laughed at her before one sent a glare towards Faisal, “What about him?”

“Eh, he’s just some poor hybrid just leave ‘im be. Not like we have a bone to pick with him.”

“Hear that? You should scram kid while you have the chance!” He focused back on Bia and stepped forward so that his foot was jamming into her ribs.He moans of pain were a reminder of what they could do to him as well if he didn’t take their advice and leave...

Irresponsible Faisal could just leave. He could turn away, avoid the bruises, and just hope that Bia lucked out somehow. The temptation was right there staring him in the face and admittedly he did move as if to leave. But when he saw the look in her gaze, that determined facade slipping as he thought to leave, Faisal knew that he couldn’t.

Sighing, the boy just cracked his knuckles together instead.Welp, if he ever wanted some bruises before then this was as good a time as any, “Oh look he’s wanting to fight us!” Laughed one of the men before Faisal darted forward and gave a sharp uppercut to his lower jaw. The contact was loud as thunder and even Bia looked surprised to see the noble boy fighting so. It wasn’t as if he wasted his time around the Outcast Unit when he could visit and it wasn’t as if he didn’t watch his father training.

But even Faisal could struggle against five grown men. Thankfully though it seemed that On’os was in his favor as soldiers caught noise in the alley and started chasing after the bandits. Spitting blood Faisal wiped at his split lip before glancing over towards Bia, “Are...are you okay?” He managed before reaching out a hand for her, “I suppose my short cut wasn’t the best route, was it?”

“No...no it wasn’t.” She managed weakly before smiling towards him, “Thank you I ‘spose.”

“Mmmhmm.” Faisal helped her to her feet and supported her while they walked, “I’ll help you home just to make sure that everything is okay.” As she nodded and silently walked alongside of him the boy pondered over things and then as the forge came into sight he finally spoke again, “You know Bia. I think you’re right.”

Blinking she glanced towards him, “About what?”

“About the whole feeling something when you’re responsible thing.” He smirked faintly, “I think...I think I’m learning.” Even if he had risked himself like that it wasn’t so bad. It felt nice to protect someone and to be responsible for once. He had chosen that alley, he had decided to go with her, and he had stayed when danger lurked. They had made it out and the thrill of the fight was so exhilarating! But more than that he was glad that he had made a difference for someone.

So perhaps he wouldn’t run away just yet and maybe, just maybe he would really consider that whole knight idea that his grandmother had suggested.

[2047]

Conclusion: Faisal has always been an irresponsible trickster who would rather run away than face responsibilities. This experience of being able to save someone has made him reconsider his position as he enjoyed how rewarding it felt to protect someone. It’s a moment that will set his future path as he stops running away from duty and instead turns towards it.

◈ Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games