Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:15 pm
WE: The Painted Egg!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 am
Getting On Track

"So I was thinking that I should probably get a beast of my own, huh? I don't really know what to start with and I don't think my grandmother would really appreciate me coming home with something that is going to turn into a giant monster." Alasdair was saying to the Beast Master Vanna who served in the Outcast Unit along with his father. She was a powerful Oban woman who had all manner of beasts at her command though his favorite among them had to be her janarim who was named Vali. He wondered if maybe he'd be able to get one of the babies that he sired one day but for now he needed something a little more compact.

Looking over at him Vanna seemed to considered the words of the young Beast Tamer to be and then said, "Well there are a few different choices for a starting familiar that you can find in Oba. I'd suggest a perzi since they are rather compact creatures, ones that even your family might not be able to reject. No promises of course since I only know your parents."

After a moment she then added, "I know that you got clawed by one of them recently but I hope that you don't let that color your view on them as a whole." She knew that it was possible that such scratches could turn a person against a certain beast but surely he'd be more forgiving then that since it seemed the creature was just being friendly?

Dair couldn't help but to chuckle before he said, "It was pretty startling and a bit painful, but I can't say that really made me hate perzi or anything. I always liked how they look, they have this look about them of being so ugly that they are cute, you know?" It was weird but that just made him like them that much more, the fact that they could look that weird. On top of that there were plenty of other things to like about them, like how they purred when you pet them or how they would always find a beam of sun light to sleep in. They were just... cute!

Smiling he said, "They might really be a good starting place for sure." How to go about getting one though. There were various options from trying to catch one himself or going to a perzi breeder, of which there were a few here in Sulburi. From what he heard his grandmother on his father's side had gone to a fancy breeder to get perzi in that past so he could always ask her about it. She would likely know where to get the best perzi! The only thing there was to worry about was wouldn't those perzi be spoiled and lazy? Wouldn't a wild caught one be more interesting? He couldn't say he was sure one way or the other which sort he wanted to get but at least now he had a good starting point?

Crossing his arms behind his head Dair said, "Once I get a beast do you think I could take some lessons from you about how to train them? I want to be an awesome Beast Tamer like you are, Vanna!" If he learned from the best then he could become the best! Once he was really strong then maybe he'd be able to serve in the Outcast Unit along with his father and the others, right? Serving in the army was a lot more strict then he might like since he was a bit of a free spirit but he gathered that the Outcast Unit was a lot freer then most units. Not to mention that he'd be able to help the country that he lived in against the various threats that seemed to be out there... not that he thought it would be easy. Would his parents even allow him to do such a thing?

Hard to say so he meant to keep that particular dream to himself. Thus far he'd only mentioned it to the Moon Girl Sara but he doubted that she would go around tattling on him. What he should do is share with his brother, to see what he thought, and to see if he would join him in joining up. Pausing for a moment he found himself wondering if his brother had decided on a path of his own yet or not. Something that he'd have to bother him about sooner then later since he was quite curious.

His attention then went back to Vanna who seemed to be considering his request before she finally nodded, "So long as you get permission from both of your parents then I don't see why not." It was an agreement that came with stipulations but even son he couldn't help but to get excited, really wanting to get to work training straight away... but if he had to wait until he had permission from his parents then so be it.

Clapping his hands together he said, "I will talk with them and get permission as soon as possible! I will do my best to get a perzi as my starting beast as well! Thank you, Vanna." He said before turning on his heel and raced off, wanting to find his father as soon as possible so he could chat with him while he was still around. One never knew when the Outcast Unit would have leave and thus he had to take full advantage of when the man was home.

(( Word Count: 920 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:58 pm
WE: Strange Weather

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:13 pm
The Other Gram

Alasdair was looking at the world in a different manner then most at the moment, not in an existential manner but because he was currently hanging upside down out of a tree in the garden of his grandmother's house, gazing out across the yard. He had to admit that he was a bit on the bored side at the moment. He wanted to go on another adventure with his brother or wanted to go and find Sara again... also for adventure type reasons. A shame the latter person was a lot harder to find since she didn't live in Oba.

"I just gotta wait for Fai to come back." He told himself, knowing that his brother was the better one to wait on because the odds of actually finding him was a lot more likely to happen then randomly finding Faisal instead.

That was the plan at least until he saw a couple people standing there in the doorway of the entrance to the garden. He blinked a couple times before he set to waving, "Hello Gramma Emi! How are you?" He called out before he made his way out of the tree so that he could hurry over to where his grandmother was standing. It wasn't the one that he lived with but instead it was his grandmother on his father's side. Not only her but next to her was the hulking man who was her bodyguard, someone that had always been with her, hired on by his father to keep her safe. He wasn't all that vocal but he'd always seemed nice.

As he reached the woman he found himself swept into a hug, snuggled close by his grandmother, something that caused him to blush a bit, "G-Gram!" He wanted to squeak out 'no in front of her bodyguard' since it was embarrassing but he decided to give up. She looked happy so why be a brat about it? Besides it wasn't as though this wasn't a normal scene since the woman was always so cuddly. She even got this snugly when it came to his father, but that made sense since Saraf was her son but still! She treated the big warrior like he was still Dair's age when it came to her affection levels. It really was something to see since his father tended to get even more flustered then Dair himself did.

Once he was released from her tight hold he said jokingly, "I missed you too, Gram." Something that made the woman giggle before she ruffled his soft, fluffy hair.

"You still hiding your face behind your bangs, Alasdair? You're such a handsome young man you really don't need to do that. How ever are you going to get yourself a nice wife hiding yourself like that?" She told him before she took his hand, "We were in the area and decided to come say hello. I don't know if you're busy but if not would you like to tag along with the two of us on our walk?" She glanced around, trying to find Faisal, and upon not seeing him she said, "I hear your brother isn't home?"

"It's fine, I'm fine. I can get girls even with this hair if I wanted." Though he wasn't interested in 'girls' so much as a specific girl. Not something he wanted to share though finding it too embarrassing to say out loud to anyone. Dair nodded at the mention of his twin, "Yeah, he's out at the moment. It's why I was hanging out so bored!" He thought on it a moment then with a smile and nod he said, "If your going for a walk I'd love to tag along."

Better to go with the two of them on their walk then continue being alone. He had a feeling she might mess with his hair a bit in the same way every woman in his family did, but he didn't mind. So long as he got to get out of the house for a while and had someone to hang out with then he could deal with it. With a smile on his face he moved to flank her other side, letting the bodyguard stand on the other one, and the three of them headed out of the garden and on their way on an enjoyable walk.

(( Word Count: 719 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:16 pm
Growth Solo: The Garden Walls

(( Dair is off on a walk enjoying the entertainment that his neighborhood has to offer via the people that live there. He's enjoying the various 'shows' put on when some cursing draws his attention to one of the gardens. What he finds turns his stomach a bit and while he's tempted to just continue on his way he decides to stop and help instead no matter what consequences might come of doing so. ))

Dair's favorite form of entertainment outside of hanging out with his brother, climbing tall things, and playing with the various beasts he came across had to be scaling the garden wall and walking along it through the neighborhood he lived in. There were so many interesting, colorful people that one could peek in on after all. There were attractive women to be seen, interesting scenes to behold, and just over all snooping in such a manner was just... grand! He would recommend it to anyone so long as they were swift enough to avoid any sort of possible retaliation from those in the other yards.

Giving a grin he thought about the few times now that things had gone poorly, one time being with his brother, and he couldn't help but chuckle. It was worth it still even after those times... and especially because the second time hadn't been his fault. Nor had he been the target that time, which was nice. Better to space out the number of people that he annoyed with his snooping he thought to himself. At least he was going the opposite way today so that meant that he could avoid the worst of things, including the girl with the bow that had only been too happy to shoot toward Faisal when he'd accidentally snooped on her in a state of partial undress. It was the opposite direction of the lady he assumed was someone's mistress and the old cat lady as well, meaning he'd be finding new things today!

The first thing he'd come across that seemed interesting to him was an older man who he'd assume was a warrior of some sort, possibly retired? He was still pretty strong looking and had plenty of cool scars, which impressed Dair to no end. He wasn't doing too much though, just meditating from the looks of it so that meant that he didn't really stick around for all that long before he was on his way again.

Next were a pair of creepily similar twins that were playing jump rope with a couple of other children. Enough to give him pause but he soon continued on his way. He wondered what it might be like to be exactly like one's twin. He and Faisal each had their own things about them that made them, them. Different hair for one but even more basic then that was that Faisal had gotten some Matorian like markings on his skin while Dair had instead gotten some crystals from his Oban blood. It would tag significant work and make up for his brother to get the two of them looking as similar as those children had been. It was worth a moment's thought to consider if it might be fun as a prank... but he decided that it would be way too much work and might not even work in the end. Best to think of another way to have some fun.

Two yards were empty on the way, something that was a bit on the boring side to him since it meant two 'shows' that weren't presently going on for his entertainment. He continued walking along when he heard a rather colorful string of curses suddenly come from one of the yards, something that drew his attention in that direction. Wow! That was enough that he'd bet the Queen of the Gods would even blush, though that only had him trotting along, eager to see what was going on. It had to be pretty spectacular for words like that he thought to himself as he reached the area where it was happening.

A moment later he kind of regretted it to a degree though, it seemed to be... well, a lot of blood. Dair was the son of two members of the Outcast unit, one was a soldier and one was a healer, they liked dealt with blood all day but Dair... other then a few mishaps while doing something foolish he wasn't really someone that ran into it a lot. Especially not in quantity. Instantly he was debating what to do, should he continue on his way? Out of sight out of mind after all. It would be easy enough for him to do since the one that had hurt himself didn't seem to have noticed Dair's presence. All he had to do was just keep walking and he could be onto whatever the next garden had to offer.

But could he do that? He found himself giving pause, starring down at the man below him. He'd been debating of late if he wanted to join his father's Outcast Unit when he was older which meant dealing with a lot of things that someone his age would find to be unpleasant. He'd have to deal with a bounty of blood in the future he was sure, might even have fight with people if he decided to continue down that sort of path. That was probably the part of being a soldier that bothered him, having to fight with others. He liked the protecting aspect far more then the fighting part but they were sort of hand in hand, huh?

That was neither here nor there though, huh? He really needed to... oh for the love of Nerad... had the guy just said something about missing a part of his finger? He found his eyes going that much wider behind his bangs, color draining a bit from his face, stomach doing a flip-flop. He should leave... but he could also help the guy out, bring him to Dair's mother and maybe she could heal him? Could she reattach a finger? He actually had zero idea but now found himself extremely curious about it. So did that mean he was helping? Yeah, he was helping. He was sure that a whole host of the Gods would strike him down then and there if he decided to be a coward after all. Best that he faced this, helped the guy out, and once that was done he could return to his 'shows'.

After taking in a deep breath to steady himself he climbed down from the wall, knowing that there was no going back once he did. He'd bring the man to his mother, she'd know he'd gotten out, and he might even have to reveal how and why. Here was to hoping that he didn't get into too much trouble and that his means of escape weren't ruined for him. Especially since it meant risking his brother's fun as well and that was far worse then risking his own. No matter, they would figure something else out if they lost their means of sneaking out and he couldn't very well leave a man to bleed out.

Taking in a deep breath he held it, counted to ten, offered a pray to any God or Goddess listening, and moved toward the man. It was time for him to man up and help out no matter what came of it! If he had to guess it would be at least mild grounding unless him helping someone ended up balancing things out a bit.

(( Word Count: 1177 ))

◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces