Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:48 pm
User ImageThe pale female was contemplating her role within the pride and what it meant for her and for those she spoke to. While she was spiritual and tender at heart she still felt out of place at times. Mainly due to the colors on her coat, she still felt like she got a sideways glance now and again but she finally got thick enough skin she was able to brush it off. She was going to be a new mother and that was enough to make her beam with pride. Currently she was located near one of the rivers that snaked through their forest home and she found herself just drifting in her thoughts, not realizing she was no longer alone.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It was hard to say what drew her to a place exactly - betimes it was a single guttering soul and others it was the earth itself, crying up quietly to pluck at the strings of her heart. The message was never clear but the song was always loud and alluring, enough that she followed it like a moth to a flame.

Today, without a doubt, she knew it was the lands through which she roamed that spoke to her. It wasn't only the feeble song of a land reborn, springing back from damp soil and mottled foliage, but the smell of fresh life as it emerged from beneath the wreckage. Today, she was the omen of life returning as surely as the lioness she saw pacing before her along the river banks with a sagging belly. Life returned in many ways.

For a time she simply followed in silence, watching the figure like a fiery shadow. It was only after time had passed and her path had remained unaltered that she presented herself to the other lioness.

"How long ago was the storm?"

That was sort of like saying hello, right?

AstoriaFallen

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:16 pm
Felyn

So lost in thought she neglected to notice the rather large figure emerging from the dense foliage. Only when a voice cut through the air in question did she turn to gaze upon the Goddess. While she had seen Ewya before, the Goddess that had inhabited their pride in the past, from a distance, this goddess was much closer and addressing her.

She suddenly felt a little nervous, but tried not to show it. She had asked her a question, best to start with that. "I'd so no more than a moon ago." It had been fairly recent, her cubs were thriving despite the storm and this pleased her a great deal. She couldn't help but find herself enthralled with her magnificent hues of red and orange, it was as if the sun itself had taken a living form.

Realizing her manners she gave her a bow in greeting. "I'm Svetlana'Rayna, most call me Lana though. May I ask what brings you to our pride?" That wasn't rude to ask was it? She was just so shocked that she was speaking to a Goddess that most of her reasoning was out of the window.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:40 pm
At her answer, the goddess simply nodded her head, as if that made perfect sense. It set the crest above her brow to swaying slightly and her eyes drifted away, even as the lioness introduced herself and asked her own question. For a long moment, she didn't answer. Her large paws moved her forward so that she could meet the river's edge, leaving a wake of paw prints in the thick mud that was only slightly obscured by the tailfeathers that trailed her.

It was only after she dipped her mouth to the water and took a drink that she finally turned her bright eyes back upon the other.

"Na'ira, I am the Goddess of Rebirth."

To her, it made all the sense in the world - her name and nature were the answer to Svetlana's question. Remembering that mortals didn't always think about the strands of fate that bound the world, she did amend with a dismissive shrug:

"The lands called, I was curious."

If she found somewhat odd about Svetlana's nature, she did not show it, but simply ruffled the feathers of her wings and nodded her head forward so that the pair of them could continue the walk down the riverbed. Life was strongest next to the water and she had not seen her share of this reborn land.

"It is a good sign that they sing, at least."

AstoriaFallen

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 pm
Felyn

It was common to forget Gods were their own entity. The lands called to them in ways she would never understand, she was almost the true embodiment of Mother Earth itself, especially if it spoke to her in such a way. It was like she was kindred to the pride without even knowing.

It would be the Goddess of Rebirth that would visit their home. "We are honored to have you Na'ira." While she was speaking on behalf of the pride as a whole she also meant herself. She was a new mother with cubs that were thriving despite the destruction and loss of life.

"I'm glad to hear that the lands still have a voice." She wasn't sure what song they sung to the Goddess, the fact they sung at all made her heart fill with joy.

"Do you need food or rest?" She offered, not really sure what to say to her or offer her.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:32 pm
"All land has a voice," she said gently, "it's just a matter of what song they sing. Some of them are very, very sad."

The tone of her own words seemed to draw her attention away from the mortal lioness momentarily, drifting in her thoughts to another time and place far, far from where they stood now. She had been around so long and seen so many terrible things befall the realm of lions that it wasn't so very hard to imagine this land void of its pride.

It was the lioness' offer of food and rest that brought her back to the moment at last, banishing her thoughts with a smile as warm and bright as the fire that had brought her into this world.

"Ah, no, young one. I've no need to draw my needs from weak lands." She shook her head and sent the feather crest above her brow bobbing with the motion.

"Where does the river lead, if I might ask?"

AstoriaFallen

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:24 pm
Felyn

She wondered if hers was the very sad ones. It had taken a great deal of damage and flooding. Lots of the trees were hurt or damaged to the point they'd die out. That made her sad a little bit.

When she politely declined her offer she understood and said nothing more. "If you follow it that way it will take you further into the forest, away from our pride." She said motioning in one direction. "If you follow it that way it will take you towards the rogue lands. Either direction there will be food or water." She figured it was time that the two of them parted ways.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:57 am
"All songs are beautiful, do not worry."

It wasn't much of a way to combat the sadness she had seen surface in Svetlana but, too, the goddess was wont to lie. The song was beautiful, if a bit melancholy. At least it was singing still.

She turned her great head in both directions, judging silently which way would be the best for her to go. The Rogue lands were as familiar to her as the back of her hand but the forest -

"Alright then, my dear. Take care of those little ones, hm? I'm sure I will be back through this way sometime soon."

Because she always returned to see what had been discovered. Always.

AstoriaFallen

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 pm
Felyn

Even though she was immortal she still hoped the Goddess safe travels. "I hope your travels are enlightening." She gave a small bow of her head towards the massive female.

She gave her a smile when she mentioned to take care of her young ones. "I will most certainly do my best." And that was all she could truly do. She was certain she wasn't going to be a terrible mother but it still made her nervous at times to be a new parent. She just hoped that her children would do what is right by themselves when they came of age.

"Fair well Na'ira." She said giving a final bow of her head before turning and walking away.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm
Na'ira watched the pale lioness as she turned away and began to make her way back to where she'd begun. For a long moment she just stood there, ocean blue eyes staring as the figure grew smaller and smaller until it was at last entirely obscured by a bend in the riverbed. She shook the concentration off of her face and turned at last herself to begin the long journey back out to the rogue lands.

"Fair well," she spoke softly to the jungle around her, including the female in the thought as she sent her well wishes out to the freshly reborn lands. It would bounce back quickly from its watery trial, of that she had no doubt at all.

AstoriaFallen
YAY FIN <3 ty

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Iknimaya Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out