Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[FIN][BORDER][PRP] Unpleasantries [Larak x Sorra Suau]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorra Suau had heard funny little rumors about these lands. Oher cultures, other societies... their way of life enthralled her to no end. She wanted to travel to different territories ever since she was a cub. As the world would have it, her family had been rather stationary. She grew up in the outskirts of a jungle, not deep enough to know the true nature of it. The gurgling streams near the den, the tall trees, the mossy rocks... she knew every stick and stone of her home by heart. And as much as she loved her roots... she wanted free. She wanted adventure. She wanted to know.

And so, she traveled to a place she heard rumors of. The Motoujamii Lands. Of course, where the lioness stepped now was not the rumored firekin territory as she so believed. It was the Nergui, which she had heard little about. Not enough to draw her interest, anyways. And definitely not enough to know just where their territory began. Or how brutal they were.

She had a sack of fruit from her home hanging from her, ready to offer to the firekin in exchange for a few nights rest and knowledge of their ways. Hopefully, it would help. Hopefully, she wouldn't be turned away. Or worse. She really didn't mean any harm. But first... a bath. The sands were really driving her nuts. It sank into her fur and made her itch and burn as though she had stood in an ant pile. Pulling off the sack with her teeth, she left it near some hot rock before quickly stepping into the small and shallow waters. They were... warm. It felt gross. But better than the sand. She went to the deep end of the waters, it barely reaching her back. Sorra sighed, realizing this was the best she was going to get.

Belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 pm
User Image

Larak had been tasked by the higher ups to patrol and defend the borders. Chase off or kill any outsiders, they had told him. Obviously, he had thought, but not replied. He was smarter than to actually speak to the Kaar Oma or the others. He knew his place as a Braak and so went about his way, heading towards the border.

He had already been there for the majority of the day and the sun was hot both on his back and on the sand beneath his paws. He growled with discomfort, but then caught the scent of something new. It was not Nergui, but rogue lion, he soon identified and he slunk to the ground, the sand getting all over his stomach as he crouched towards it.

There was a pale lioness who was slinking towards one of the few water markers within his borders. His eyes narrowed. She was trespassing. Yet, as his gaze scoured the area near her, wondering how best to leap at her, he found something much more captivating than one rogue lioness. It was a... well, he wasn't quite sure, but he padded towards it, creeping around the rock it rested upon and dragging it off the rock with his teeth and letting it fall to the ground with a soft thud. When it fell, it seemed to explode open and out of it came a strange red-orange stone, but upon pressing his nose to it, it felt as though it was flesh and not stone. What a curious thing, he thought. Was it...edible? Only one way to find out.

So it was that he bit into the strange whatever it was and with its burst of flavor he completely forgot the lioness in the water, at least for the time being.

- Mynsed -
He's nomming at a mango, in case it wasn't clear in the post.

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 pm
She hadn’t heard him approach. She hadn’t smelled him. And, until she had turned around, she had not seen him. Sorra Suau had finally finished washing out the sand from her fur when she spotted something moving next to the rock. Someone. A lion. Her eyes widened as she stepped back quickly. Should she run away? He didn’t look like the rumored firekin. They were supposedly reds. This one was not. Was she in the wrong territory? He could be dangerous-

All thoughts ceased as she spotted what was in his mouth. Slowly, her eyes trailed to where the bag was, now on the ground, contents spilled out. Was that… was that her fruit? Her eyes narrowed and her teeth bared before she bounded out of the water and towards him. ”Those are mine!” she shouted as she charged, unaware of the potential danger she was in. Those were her fruits, brought from her homeland. They were still green before leaving but had ripened to a perfect color. And he was eating them. The scoundrel! The thief! ”Don’t touch them!” she snapped as she finally got close enough.
belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:52 pm
Larak raised his head at the cry of the lioness, the juice of the fruit hanging off his muzzle like the blood that should have belonged to the rogue approaching him. He had gotten distracted from his goal of attacking her. Had she left him with his prize, he likely would have forgotten all about her and she could have left unscathed, but now..

"Baekx!" He commanded, warning her away from his... whatever it was. He stepped over the strange flesh-stone and the others. His growl seemed to vibrate out of his entire body as he stared at the female and his mouth twisted into the ugly words of the common rogue tongue. "These are no longer yours, rogue." He told her with narrowed eyes.

He was a Braak. He was supposed to kill the trespassers on his land, yet something in this lioness made him pause. He gazed at her, his expression turning thoughtful.

"These are mine." He said again, shuffling the strange remains of whatever had been in his mouth back into the strange pelt they'd exploded from. "And you... You will come with me to the Kaar Oma." Perhaps he had found not a pesky rogue, but two prizes today. Picking up the strange flesh-stone-holder in his maw, he gave another menacing growl and gestured to the direction that they walk in. The silent command in his eyes was clear. She was to come with him. Now.

- Mynsed -
The word he snarled at her translates from the Nergui language to 'Back!'

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:03 pm
The word that he barked at her was unfamiliar. The tone and growl, however, were very much so. She stopped, nearly tripping over her feet, eyes wide for a moment. Was he about to pounce? Her heart pounded. But… no, he hadn’t planned on attacking. Instead, he wanted to lay claim on what was not his. Her eyes narrowed again. Her mother had specifically packed her favorite fruits. They were technically for herself but she had planned to offer some up as a peace offering. To the firekin. Not to the scoundrel who was currently threatening her and taking what wasn’t his.

”They are not!” she snapped, bristling. But she didn’t charge, gaining a bit of common sense. Didn’t stop her snarl at seeing the juice of her mango on his maw, however. ”No, you will give those back to me! They were not for you.” Sorra moved towards him, still tense and angry, poised and ready to rip the sack from him. Except… she didn’t want to tear the sack.

”I am not going with you to this… this… this Taar Homu. I’m not going anywhere with you,” Sorra snarled, not realizing her pronunciation was off. Or caring, for that matter.
belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:16 pm
Larak did drop the flesh-stone-holder, as he had dubbed it, but it was not to return it to the lioness. Instead, he unsheathed his claws, let out a roar that would cause even the most brave-hearted of rogues to turn tail, but he did not give her the freedom to run. Instead, he leaped at her, shoving her to the sand beneath and sinking his claws into her fur.

"You will do as I say." He snarled, snapping his jaws near her neck. It was with great control that he didn't simply rip into her throat. "Or this sand turns red from your remains." It would be so easy to tear her apart, his mother Gren would have torn the female to pieces had she been in his place, but perhaps it was thanks to his father's influence that he had thought before he attacked. Had this female been a lion, they would have been dead the moment he spotted them.

"You will not run. You will follow." He jumped off of her and flicked his claws at the sand, splattering them with the blood of the lioness before he turned to pick up the holder. He met the lionesses eyes and then slid them in the direction she was to walk. He would shove her in the direction of his pride should the direction change.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:31 pm
She barely had time to cry out before she hit the ground. Needle like claws shoved their way past her fur and into her skin, threatening to rip if pulled the wrong way. She froze, head to the side, eyes squeezed shut. Sorra was going to die, in this dry, dead, fruitless desert. Unless she did what he said. Wouldn’t she die anyways? Perhaps not. He could just kill her there. She was smart enough to connect the dots. But panic was making thought very hard to hold onto.

When he was off of her, she paused for a moment, wondering if she could play dead. And then quickly dragged herself up onto her feet. He’d probably eat her if he thought she was dead. No thank you. Humiliation at having to be submissive rang through her and even though her head was ducked, a petulant glare burned at the lion, leashed fury lurking just beneath the surface. ”I will follow until I get my things back,” she growled but in a mutter, stiffly walking past him. Sure, she’ll listen for now. But it didn’t mean she had to act happy about it.

”What is this land, anyways?” Sorra asked, not kindly at all. More of a demand, really, but her voice was still low. The stinging from where his claws were still a reminder. To her, this land was the worse. She encountered nothing but trouble since she got there. Even the bath she had ended up causing her more anguish; the sand was now clumped on her fur where she had landed. What a miserable place, wherever this was.
belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:23 pm
Larak trudged after the lioness, pleased that she finally was walking where he bid her, but too aware of her glares. He let a low growl build in his throat. She had spirit, that was certain, but spirit could only get one so far. She had also proved herself to be stupid, thinking she would ever get what was once hers, returned. Stupid meant weak. Neither he nor the Kaar Oma, nor any in the Nergui tolerated weak. She would have to prove herself to him before they got to the Kaar Oma as worth his time and effort. He thought her pretty enough to keep her and if she knew where to find more of the flesh-stone nearby, she would prove useful to his pride, but if not...

When she spoke, he maneuvered his teeth and tongue around the holder to reply.
"Nergui." He replied and then after a moment. "Tell me why we should not kill you. Tell me how you can be used." He replied, his claws still out as they would be for a while yet. He had long ago gotten used to the sand and didn't mind it as much as he once had, but he still flicked bits of sand from the space between his claws as he walked. His gaze fixed on the back of the lioness, he waited, not patiently, for her reply. Would she disappoint him? Would he end up with a new pelt to lay on, instead of a more valuable prize? Only time would tell.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:33 pm
Nergui. Oh. That… actually explained things. Sure, she hadn’t heard much besides rumor. But what she had heard made her skin crawl underneath her sandy fur. Did she really travel that far? Her thoughts were in the process of mulling over the predicament when he spoke again. And she nearly stopped. Why shouldn’t they kill her? How she can be used? Her back went stiff, head raising. And she did pause to give him a scowl.

”I will not beg for my life,” she snarled, though she began walking again before he… retaliated. Her nerves were screaming at her to beg and come up with some sort of lie on how she can be used. Her pride and strong will refused to allow it. ”You’ve already stolen my fruits. I think that’s payment enough for me to leave alive,” Sorra snorted. The sand really was too hot underneath her paws. The savannah had felt hot compared to the jungle but this… nothing compared to the stinging heat. And now the sand was rubbing against her minor wounds. ”I can do plenty of things but I will not be used.” Her tail flicked, pace slowing down a bit. She really didn’t like him walking behind her.
belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:47 pm
Larak shook his mane. With her foolish words and difficult spirit, she may as well have condemned herself to death. He should make it easier on her, kill her now, quickly and with less pain than the Kaar Oma would.

"Weak, stupid lions do not survive in the Nergui." He replied. "You do not cooperate? You die." He gave her a shove to the left, redirecting her. "I try to show you a mercy, you show me you do not deserve it. Let Kaar Oma decide to rip you to shreds. You have sealed your own fate." He huffed and fell silence.

The ruins were finally starting to show in the horizon and he grunted, pushing the lioness on and forward, muscles tensing in case she tried to escape her fate that had been sealed with a bawdy spirit. Again, he thought it a shame to kill her and as they neared the ruin where the Kaar Oma resided. He already noted familiar heads of his pride members fixing him and the lioness rogue with hostile glares. As a Braak, he had been supposed to kill the lioness, not bring her into the pride.

"A final chance." He growled lowly, hurrying to move past the lioness and cut her off, glancing about as he watched his pride mates fill in the empty gaps and start to form a circle around them. "Convince me. The Kaar Oma will not hear you, but she will hear me. Tell me why you deserve life and what you do. Or maybe you want to be thrown to Nergui and not your life spoken for." If he spoke for her, he could likely have her. If he spoke for her, they would not kill her. They would look upon him wearily, but he was a strong fighter, like his mother. They would not dare approach. "How much do you value yourself, rogue lioness?" He hissed at her, watching through narrowed eyes.

- Mynsed -
I felt like the RP might finish better if she was cooperative for this part. She can tear him up in the part two when they're properly alone.
xD

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:02 am
She was going to die. The reality of it was hitting her hard as he spoke. Weak and stupid. Was she being weak and stupid? Was her pride going to get her killed. She remained silent, walking towards her death. Sorra didn’t know if she wanted to die for her pride. No, she knew. She didn’t want to die, period. The idea terrified her. And it was sure to be painful. She couldn’t bring herself to look at the lion. Would he be the one to rip her to shred? Or this… Kaar Oma?

There were more lions now, all hard looking and brutish. Her mouth went as dry as the desert. She wanted to match their stares with glares but thoughts of her own death could hardly be trumped with a staring contest. When the lion cut her off, she stopped abruptly, even backing up a step. Convince him? How could she convince him? She could never offer something that would appeal. She didn’t have anything to offer. She knew how to basket weave, how to find fruits, how to climb trees… her skills worked in the jungle, not the desert. She valued her life greatly but what could she offer-

Her mouth moved before her thoughts could. ”Cubs,” she blurted out. Then stopped. Did she really want to say this? Did she really want to commit? Perhaps… perhaps she could just say it now, just to bide herself time. Work out a way to avoid this later on. ”I could provide you with children… eventually.” Sorra didn’t know if this would work. The idea of death had her by the throat and she hated it. But she wanted to live.
belloblossom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:23 am
Larak's eyes widened slightly with surprise at her proposal. He supposed she wasn't wrong. As a female, she certainly had the ability, but she wondered if she was worth it. If he took a mate in the Nergui, he could be sure of their physical strength. This female hadn't tried to fight him with more than words when he attacked her or took from her, but her spirit was one of the stronger he'd seen, from a female or otherwise.

"Cubs it is, then." He replied and suddenly his glare moved past the lioness and he fixed a look onto any who dared look at the lioness who was to be his with any hostility. He would protect her spirit, Larak had decided and he would speak for her when they met the Kaar Oma. She would learn the ways of the Nergui, but she would not be accepted as anything more than a Dhlurr until she understood the Nergui and wanted to fight for a higher rank. The life of a Dhlurr was unpleasant, of course, but how else could he persuade the Kaar Oma to let him have her? Unless... Unless he didn't present her as a slave, so much as his possession from the very start. Unless he asked that he use her as only his and ask that she be spared from the Dhlurr rank and given to him as a female with the purpose she proposed.

It would buy him time to consider what in the name of anything he was doing, making such choices on behalf of a female and give her time to learn of the Nergui ways, their language, their fighting skill, their ruthlessness and eventually have her take up the oath. Maybe she could become a Braak, like he could. Or maybe a Shuko, if she was not quite a fighter, but he could buy time. Yes. He would buy time.

"Come." He ordered and walked into the ruins where the sun was blotted out and the Kaar Oma resided. It was time for their meeting.

- Mynsed -
I declare this RP, finished! I just found out that the Slave rank in the Nergui is currently closed, so if you want you could PM Kimaria to find out if you could still try to apply for the rank with this plot in mind, or you could aim for one of the open ranks like Shuko (shadow guard), Braak (blood guard) or Emkurcar (hunters/slavers/jack-of-all-trades.) DM me when you get the chance to discuss this more. heart

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items