Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands
[PRV] Practicing my fabulous face (Glamour/Firefly)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:00 pm
User Image These lands were... Interesting, to say the least. It had been a week or so since Zsazsa- No, Glamour, had joined the Kizingo'zaa. There were whispers, that the current leadership wasn't keen on the pride's thieving ways anymore, but she quite liked it. Of course, she had no skill at picking anybody's pelts, but there was one thing she was amazing at and it was looking fabulous.

She'd opted to become a Mummer, a performer, for the pride, with all the intention of going out with thieving groups to practice her skills. But before she did that... She would need to find somebody in the pride to practice it on. It was just a matter of finding a victim. "Just vhen I need somebody to practice on.. There's nobody!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Modry was a comfortable, mellow sort of fellow, and as such tended not to much mind just about any situation he found himself in. Granted, he wasn't as fond of caves and canyons, but almost anything else left him with plenty to watch, observe, appreciate and divine from. it was how he'd been taught, after all!

Today he was sitting comfortably, sprawled inelegantly against the trunk of a tree, cradled by its roots. He breathed deep of the lovely scents of summer, of the green things and the drying grasses and the faint wisp of dustiness on the breeze. His eyes were nearly shut, but he was gazing upwards at the slowly waving leaves in the tree above him. All was well in his world... just like every other day.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm
Ah, there was somebody! Glamour walked toward the lion, not recognizing quite who it was. There were a lot of lions she still didn't know, but she'd have to find out soon enough, wouldn't she? The pale gold lioness smiled, licking her lips for a moment, before she approached. "Good evening, dahling!" Was it evening? She didn't really care. "I vhas hoping you might keep me company, this fine day, perhaps show a lioness around... I'm still dreadfully new here, and who knows vhat sort I might run into that has snuck into the lands!" She got close, batting her eyelashes at him, "Could such a big strong male such as yourself show a delicate lady around, by any chance?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:53 pm
Modry blinked his yellow eyes owlishly and managed to refocus on the lioness who was talking with him. He sat up a little and rearranged his limbs to something more presentable and functional, then blinked more. The gears in his head were a little slow to get moving again after being in such an open daze for so long. He swallowed to wet his dry throat and peered at her.

Nope, wasn't anyone he knew, but her comment about not knowing who might have snuck onto the pride's lands made his ears flicker. Well, that didn't sound quite right. They were terribly careful about that, weren't they? He turned to look around them as if searching for whomever it was she was worried about meeting. However, the only stranger he saw was, in fact, her.

He looked at her again and cocked his head to the side curiously. "You are new, then?" he asked, though she'd already told him so. "Then welcome." A broad smile washed across his face as natural as the sun peeking through the trees. "You can call me Modry. Or... Firefly, if you prefer." He gave a slow, amenable shrug to indicate his lack of preference. "What would you like to see? It's quite beautiful here." And with that, his eyes strayed towards the leafy canopy above again, his smile turning more dreamy as his eyes began to defocus again.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:04 pm
Glamour had not yet noticed his lack of focus, somehow. "Vhell there is so much to SEE, so many to MEET..." She moved closer, smiling at him. To most, it would appear coy. To him... Probably just a smile. "Could you be a dahling and start with who's who? It vould be most helpful." Her tail flicked, eyes finally returning to him. Oh. She noticed his far-off vacant look. This would be a challenge... But, she liked challenges. It was why she'd accepted raising children with grace when she'd found herself pregnant. It was a new challenge, and she cherished it. Of course it also meant raising her children HER way...

Her mind was digressing and that would simply not do. She had a lion to work on charming, right in front of her!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:13 pm
As the lioness moved closer, he refocused on her almost absently. His brows drew together a little as he pondered her request. To be perfectly honest, he was rather befuddled, but not because of her enticing nature. He was completely oblivious to her possibly over-ripe enticements. No, it was what she was asking of him that confused him.

He sat up a little straighter and gave her a more intent look, though his eyes never wavered from her own. His gaze did not stroke her lovely face, nor drift to the delicate pattern around her neck. No, he peered at her in something that was half puzzlement and half suspicion. "Do you want me to show you the beauties of the pride's lands, or introduce you to important people?" He was actually a little put off by her focusing on "who's who" in the pride. His mind might be distracted, but to him it sounded either insulting to the rest of the pride, or possibly dangerous for those he introduced her to. Could she be a spy? What was he supposed to do with a spy?!

He glanced almost frantically around, and his eyes fell upon and fixated on a scattering of pebbles not far from their paws. He sucked a breath, eyes roving over the non-pattern with the worried hope that it might either confirm his concerns or put his fears to rest. He was rather nonplussed to find no notable markers for either answer. Now mildly alarmed, he looked back to her. "And you haven't told me your name!" Even in the midst of his rising dismay, he appeared quite sleepy-eyed and relaxed. Worried and upset was not a natural state for Modry, and his body found it easier to stay mellow than get all worked up like his mind was becoming.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:56 pm
Well that wasn't a reaction she'd quite expected. The lioness took a momentary step back, before realizing her verbal folly. "Ah, dahling, I should clarify - You may show me around WHILE introducing me to others!" She shifted, noting how he was looking around. Oh dear, this wasn't going well, was it? Her attempts at charming had absolutely failed! "I am Zsazsa, but outside these lands, others may call me Glamour. Is that not the custom of this pride, to have both the name your parents gave you and one to hide who you are?" Glamour placed a paw on her chest, looking at the male with sincerity. "I do apologize for any confusion, dahling, I truly do!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:55 am
Oddly enough, some of that charm was slowly beginning to sink in. Well... as deep as any such tactic could, with Modry. He blinked slowly at her, his demeanor relaxing back to dreamy as his state of mind slowed and stilled once more. She'd introduced herself, and did seem to have things straight... maybe she was okay after all? Besides, what would he do about it even if she was a spy? Fight her? He gave a soft snort at the idea and shook his shaggy mane at the very idea.

"Well, I don't really know many important lions," he responded slowly, eyes drifting to the waving of a bush in the breeze beside her. "But I can certainly show you around, I suppose." He bobbed his head then, an almost bow but now quite. "And it is good to know your names. Now I can ask the wind about you." His expression was dead serious, precluding any jovial reaction. "It doesn't always tell me anything, but sometimes, it will hint at things." He gestured to the rustling bush beside her, which then stopped moving as the breeze died down. "I believe you, and so does the wind."

He gave her another slow smile, eyes squeezing briefly shut in contentment. "If you let me choose, I'd likely be introducing you to the beautiful sights instead of the beautiful people. But we will try to do both, if we can." He rose to his paws and gave a great stretch, paws with claws extended into the rich loam of the earth. "Do you like trees?" He peered at her again with interest.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:23 pm
"Oh, they could simply be important to you, dahling! The entire idea is I know who I am cohabiting these lands vith, that is all!" She smiled, then listened to him. She'd heard about muses when she'd come in, finding the topic interesting, to say the least. They could be useful, she figured. But not something she would indulge in, herself. She smiled at Firefly, ears trained on him. "I vould like that, dahling, please do show me around! If we happen to meet others along the vay, you may introduce me!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:47 pm
This sounded like a perfectly good plan to him. His previous suspicions were long forgotten at this point, so he beamed at her pleasantly. "Then come, let me introduce you to my favorite tree friends." He chuffed in a friendly manner and began to stroll unhurriedly away. "Now this first tree, he's been around a long, long time. He tends to not comment on very much, but when he does, it's big."

Nevermind that a small, cognizent part of his brain knew that such things weren't... quite... real and true. In his heart of hearts, he believed that it might be possible to truly listen to nature and learn wonderful secrets about the world around him. He just had to keep at it and learn how to interpret the signs more accurately, that was all!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces