[PRP] A Ghost From The Past [Saimwen & Marinel]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:48 pm
        Saimwen had been a Candidate for about a week. Seven days in which he'd quickly had to adjust to a brand new lifestyle in which the stars didn't change every night, in which most nights he couldn't even see the stars. Weyr life was interesting, it was exciting, but it was also scary. He missed his family, and often wondered if perhaps he'd speak the words that he'd want to go back. Instead, he spoke openly, making new acquaintances every day. He'd already proven to be popular among the kitchen hands. Sometimes he thought he saw a familiar face in his lessons or across the barracks, but wrote it off as his own personal brand of paranoia.

During the evening free time period, Saimwen had taken to seeing himself outside to stare at the stars. Occasionally they were broken by the silhouette of a dragon, swooping in patrol or some other duty. But most of the time, it was Saimwen and the only stalwart friends he'd maintained through his whole life. He knew exactly where it was - that never changed. But just as when he was a child, he acted out the stories of each of the constellations in his head. He'd taught those stories and constellations to one other person, someone he hadn't seen in many Turns. Perhaps one day he'd teach them to a hatchling dragon, and when that dragon was large enough, they'd get up and personal with the cosmos.

Tonight, his heart just wasn't into it. He'd been spending the whole free hour here, but tonight, the presence of people he missed was far too heavy. So Saimwen wrapped his cloak tighter around hsi shoulders and bustled back into the cover of the Weyr, seeking solid shelter for what felt like the first time in his life, gaze cast to the ground in a stance that was unlike the happy-go-lucky part he'd been playing for the last week. And then he physically bumped into someone.

"Oof, sorry," he said, turning to face the other person he'd just bowled over. Saimwen's eyes widened in surprise as he took in the visage of someone he thought he'd never see again.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:01 am
Marinel had been looking for Liasa. Get a firelizard they'd said, it'll be fun, they'd said. Trying to find a creature that could go betwee at night was a constant game of hide n seek. Dolmar's firelizard was much more well behaved, maybe he'd have to swallow his pride and ask for help.

He was thinking about turning back towards the candidate barracks when he was bowled over. "Hey!" He fell on his rump, blinking up at another candidate. "You okay?" He asked, standing. "You're new, right? I've seen you in a couple lessons."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:40 am
        Saimwen stretched his face into a shielded grin as he realized this boy didn't recognize him - at all. By the Egg, that hadn't been what he expected. It was too much to hope that he'd actually run into a figure from his past here. Hadn't Marinel had a brother of some sort, anyway? A twin, perhaps? Maybe Saimwen had accidentally run into that twin, and now he'd have to deal with that pain while getting to know someone who didn't even know him.

"Yeah, I've only been here for about a week," Saimwen admitted sheepishly. Should he say his name? He was almost nervous to, afraid it might set off some bad chain reaction. He offered a hand to help the boy up off the ground. "You seem like you're kind of in a rush. Do you need help with something?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:52 am
"Do you like it? My first few sevendays here were rough." He seemed to study the boy for a long moment. His eyes widened. "Saimmy?" he breathed. He couldn't believe it. His friend from three turns ago--his friend who'd helped make him feel welcome in that trading caravan when he'd fled his home... "I was afraid Thread had gotten you!" He confessed.

"My firelizard doesn't listen to me, and flew off. I was trying to find her, but I found you instead!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:10 am
        Saimwen breathed a sigh of relief, a lump settling in his throat as his old friend cried his name in astonishment. "Marinel," he said, eyes blinking furiously, a genuine smile on his lips. "I'm so glad you're here. I was worried sick about what happened to you, after you left." Those days had been dark for Saimwen - first Marinel had left, then his sister. When Thread came, his fear for both of their wellbeing had only tripled. He'd sworn to himself that, once he got a dragon, he'd find all of his family and give them a better life here. Even if the sky was flat within the caverns, it was safe from Thread.

Saimwen was unsure if he should embrace Marinel, if it was appropriate. But those words - I found you - propelled him closer to pull the younger boy into his arms. He wanted to cry, but he had to hold himself together. His face was flush red as he pulled away to study Marinel, to see the effect the last few turns had on him. "How long have you been here?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:06 pm
"I'm sorry I worried you," Mari apologized. "I just..." he'd wanted to find Dolmar. He'd hoped moving onto a craft would help him achieve that. "I'm sorry. I'm so glad you're alright! How is everyone?" A weight landed on his head, and he grinned. Liasa had found him!

He wrapped his arms around Saimwen. "I really missed you, Saimmy," he said. "I thought you'd all been eaten by Thread. Our hold was destroyed, I found out after I got here--I came just after Thread," his hold on Saimwen loosened. "I found Dolly, too. Only recently, though. We both thought each other was dead! Kind of stupid, huh... I can finally introduce you to him!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:06 am
        Dolly... it took a moment for Saimwen to remember who that was. Ah, yes - it was that brother Marinel had always talked about. Everything Saimwen heard had indicated that Dolly was kind to his brother, which was important. "It's not that stupid," he said with a wolfish grin. "I thought you were dead! You just can't let anyone you care about out of your sights, anymore."

His stomach stirred a bit at saying that. Saimwen supposed he just hadn't let himself think about how much he cared about Marinel until this moment. And how things would be different, now. Saimwen had considered him to be like the brother he never had, the friend he wanted to keep forever. But Marinel had a real brother here, and now they both had responsbility to something so much larger than themselves. They were both Candidates, hoping to pledge their lives to a pair of dragons. Saimwen forced himself to smile anyway. "I'd love to meet your brother. I hope he lives up to everything you've said about him. Plus, it's only fair - you ogled at my sisters for turns!" His tone was humorous... for the most part.

Thaliawen
Three gazillion years later... sorry about that! heart

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces