Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:46 pm

WC: 1,349

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One of the seers, Emera, has been talking in her sleep about something bad coming. This is unusual, since she doesn't often get bad visions, all that's been mentioned is the word red. What does your lion think this means?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:28 pm
The hunt was relatively easy, it was the banter that got Rose Red on edge. With having stolen some of the flowers, but not securing a brew, she was relatively secretive as of late. His tail waving about behind her as the await for another hunting party to come in with their game. They laid in a somewhat scattered circle of where their game had laid dead in the center of them. Some heeved from the hunt’s catch, while other spoke about the visions.
“I heard that Emera has been calling out the word…”
“What word?”
“Red.”
“It sounds spooky.”
“Maybe a lot of blood will be spilled…”
“Do you think it could be?”
“Could be the dreamers. Honestly I think that those dreamers would do anything to get their insanity back… That brew is the smoke- and there will be fire.”
“All red…”
Rose Red looked up, then at the lionesses talking. ‘The color red? Or simply the word…’ Her mind began to wonder. Maybe the seer was talking about her. Heh, she began to chuckle to herself when the lionesses reverted their attention to Rose Red.
“What do you think it is, Rose?”
“Me…?”
The lionesses laughed. “Yes!” They all continued.
“Maybe it is the sun?”
“You are starting to sound like a dreamer~” One lioness laughed. “They say it was a nightmare- and the sun is the only other constant than the stars and the moon. Everything else, is up for debate. What, do you think the sun may go out?” They teased.
“Your right, maybe not the sun… maybe the ocean will turn red. I heard something like that from the Bahari-whatever their names are.” Rose Red said, with a look back at the lioness with careless eyes.
“A red ocean? I don’t think that can happen.”
“Oh? The Bahari have been in these parts for far longer than we have… Maybe what they say is true.” Rose Red explained, seemingly more nonchalant about the whole ordeal.
“Honestly, I like the color red.” She smiled happily.
“Maybe then everything will match your pelt, isn’t that right~” The lioness laughed and looked on in to the horizon. “I wouldn’t be so worried about it. There are many seers in the pride, and no one else has spoken about the color red. Nor have I heard of anyone else having horrorish visions.”
“It would probably be for the best that any assumptions on a seers visions should be taken with a grain of salt.” Another lioness spoke and offered herself a seat next to Rose Red. “Seers visions can be of the past, present, future, or simply some vague prophecy that is going on in the opposite side of the world. We have no way of telling if it’s a vision, warning or anything having to do with the pride.”
Rose Red turned to watch the other come to the defense.
“Saying the color red and relating it to nightmares of a seer, don’t you think the very thought can get out of hand?”
Rose Red gave a heavy nod in accepting that very fact. “It can create a stigma of the color red, can bring fear and fear brings many unsavory things.” She continued after the other lioness, adding on to the very subject.
“Do you think it can create a division?” The opposite lioness spoke, truly now, invested in the conversation. “A seer can affect a whole pride? True, her words could be rubbish, but I have heard her visions to be somewhat accurate.”
“By allowing your thoughts to be consumed with the color red, a division will certainly take place amongst the pride. Do we not hunt birds of red color, hares that are red in color, do not swim in oceans filled with red shells, or maybe ~”
Rose Red added to the other lioness’s words. “Run out the color red from the pride… Like me.”
The lionesses in the hunting party looked at each other, speaking amongst themselves then finally one spoke up. “I don’t think the pride would run out all the red pelted lions and inhabitants. Imagen, what is red to you? How much red? That is too many variables there.”
“Oh, but a stigma can happen, and fear could ignite it- and we will all be terrified. Can you imagen?”
Rose Red lowered her body in to the other lioness’s arm and yawned. “I can see those of red pelts tearing their pelts off in order to not be red… I can see those of red in color suiciding just to get rid of their own red… I can see those being angry with the color red and attacking those of red pelts. I can see many things so cruel, because fear is a power that none want. Maybe I can be convinced that something so horrible could happen, maybe I will be one of the ones whom-”
The lioness put a paw over Rose’s face. “Let’s not continue, let’s not feed in to such negative thoughts. Let us focus on what could be good about the color red. Like when a kill falls, or bleeds too much. Oh, doesn’t it make our lives so much easier.”
Rose looked up at the lioness’s face… She had someone close to her that was red in color. She smiled, and felt somewhat relieved that the conversation had taken its turn. Something good. “When the sky turns shades of red and orange, or when the moon is red, and the hunts are easier.”
“I heard that Red Moons are harvest moons. That is why, many creatures eat plenty around that time, which makes them too fat and thus making it easier on us!”
“Gods no, it is the gods bleeding that makes the moon red. Notice it only happens oh so rarely!”
“Don’t get too far ahead of yourself, that sounds more like a dreamers explaination of the red moon. Gods bleeding. I’ve seen gods bleed- and it has nothing to do with the moon.”
The other lioness, whom said the gods bleed lowered her head to her paws.
“Oh look, the other team!”
“Find anything worth it!” The lionesses began to lift from their spots and cheer in the other group. Some scattered to the other group to help with the game they brought while Rose Red and the lioness whom stood up for the color red went towards their own game.
“Why know what could happen.” Rose red started.
The other lioness gave a nod. “Fear is a weapon… and I don’t want it to divide our pride.”
“Do you have someone close to you that has red.”
“Yes, you.”
Rose Red’s cheeks flushed as she shook her head. When she was just about to answer, the other lioness continued.
“And anyone else in the pride. You see, I am an orphan, and this pride took me in. Everyone to me, is family, and friend. I don’t know about that seer’s visions… In truth, I too am worried, but I don’t think it’s something to alarm ourselves fully with because that in itself can bring horrifying repercussions. From what I understood of the gods whom every reside here, I believe they would protect us if something so horrifying comes our way. Or even believe in the Bahari’ to come to our aid. There is too much on our side for us to give in to this fear….”
“I see…” Rose’s head lifted the beast upon the other’s back and she walked along side her to help aid the weight a bit having to walk in sync with the other just to keep the beast from falling.
“I open it doesn’t come to stigma… at least for your sake.”
Rose turned her head, then she shrugged. As deep down, she felt the turn of guilt, mistrust and stigma already happening from what she had already done but it was too late to turn back now. Let fate decide of the color red is really something to be feared. With that thought, she almost felt empowered and gave a grin to herself.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items