[PRP] Generations [Nchekwube x Urupuru]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:25 pm
User ImageNche wasn't one to worry about the little things. Or the big things, really. He was the kind of lion to take things in stride, one day at a time. But things were changing around here. A new king was to be crowned, and in the N'ezi-ozu few events rivaled the excitement of the Trials.

Yeah. Change, indeed. The adolescent lion sighed as he rolled onto his side. It was midday and the temperature was moderate, the heat of the sun balanced out by a breeze that rolled through the caldera. Nchekwube stretched out his legs, sprawled on a long flat rock that had been his favorite spot as of that. The rock sat atop a small hill and wasn't frequented by visitors so he had privacy, but could still watch some of the pride-goers as they made their way doing their daily business. Nche had made it a it of a hobby to just lay and watch. There was something about getting to know the routines and mannerisms of his fellow death keepers that drew his interest.

If he had his choice he'd spend all his days like this. Just watching. It wasn't like he had any huge responsibilities. He wasn't an Amusu. Wasn't the elder of his family. Wasn't infatuated with anyone like his brother. No, it was just a simple life that appealed to him, now...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He felt like the world was passing him by, he could hardly be classed as young any more. He was lucky he supposed he had been blessed with a large litter of cubs and that litter was now old enough to pretty much look after itself. It meant that he had time to spend on his own lady and on the politics of the pride. There had been whispering. Whisperings he didn't like.

It was with these rumours in mind that he was searching out his children. Something had to be said to them, he had to make sure they knew the way it was supposed to be, what had happened the last time.

He knew exactly where one of his sons would be. The silver and white male padded up quietly behind his son. There were times he wished that Nche had a purpose in life. Urupuru decided that should be the first port of call down this conversation. "The world will pass you by if you don't participate in it my son."

oo Ded

Syrius Lionwing

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:15 am
Syrius Lionwing

The sound of his father's voice made Nchekwube's ears perk, but other than that there seemed to be no physical recognition of Urupuru's presence by his son for a few moments. The adolescent had a deep affection for his father (family was important, after all), but still. He was an adolescent getting told life advice by his father. While there would certainly be a time when good 'ol talks with dad would be appreciated, he couldn't help but respond with a deep sigh.

The tan lion's pastel eyes moved towards Urupuru in a minimal and lazed motion. "Yeah, I know," he mumbled, shaking his patchy adolescent mane out of his face. There was a considerate pause before another deep breath left his chest. "Da, do you ever think that..." his voice trailed off thoughtfully, "that things around here are... well. Things have been the same for so long... I know... I know that a new Onyeisi will be chosen soon, and that brings change but..."

But their ways. Their tradition. Things had stayed the same for so long. He shook his head. "Stagnant water contains no life," he continued, his words becoming a mutter under his breath.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:35 am
oo DeD

It seemed they would get straight to the point here. His children, questioning the way of the world. It irked him but he knew if he yelled or lost his temper here that he would in fact make matters worse. “Nche, my son, who have you been speaking to?” His voice remained level though he could feel a stern-ness raising in it, undoubtedly his tan son would pick up on this particular cadence to his voice but it was difficult to hold his tongue.

“I know you are restless, you are young, I was wrestles once to but I settled down with your mother and that wrestles feeling fled from me. Perhaps it is time fo you to do as your brother has and settle down.” Well that hadn’t been exactly what he had come here to say, but perhaps telling this to his child would pull him out of what ever rut he was in and get him to participate. This moping and questioning the ways of the pride would bring only disaster.

His whispered words did not escape his fathers sharp ears and while the pale marked male took a deep, calming breath he moved closer to his child “There is no stagnant water here my child and introducing foreign bodies to any body of water can kill the local residents.”

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff