Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
Zero Point : The Number Before One Is...? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:42 pm
Tristen and Freth braced themselves as they felt the tremors rush over the submersable. If Tristen wasn't already faced of the fears that come with his own mortality, it surely did now. The poor kid had nothing short of a death grip right on Freth's arm and his face buried into her shoulder as deep as he could put it. But then finally, silence, other than the strained hums of the ship. Freth put her arm around the boy, putting him a bit more at ease for the time being. If anything though, Tristen needed out of this elaborate tin can.

Once finally docked, Tristen was quick to get out with Freth out a moment later. Neither of them realized just what kind of damage that their skirmish on Citadark Isle wrought. There...as devastation that brought about Gateon port and no fault to their own. Suddenly the inside of that submersible looked a bit more pleasing. "...Ein literally held the entire coast here hostage with that blasted island." Freth said, taking note to her surroundings.

Tristen perked up. Multiple steps, some softer, other considerably heavier of a giant's. Freth's senses then tripped off immediately after, the two of them looked over, seeing the Cipher group make their way over. Tristen immediately pulled out a Pokeball, getting it at the ready, the boy eyeing Zera for the moment, waiting for some retaliation out of her for what happen in Alola. Freth pushes the boy back some back behind her, her keeping an eye on the rest of the group, her eyes set out on Kess in particular. She REALLY didn't need this sort of issues today. "I'm really going to give Blizzard hell if I make it out of this...where is he when you need him? Like...right now..." the Articuno woman said silently to herself.

---------

Meanwhile elsewhere on an island of Alola, a mall managed to get cleared out and there's police everywhere barricading the front and back doors. Several team Skull members laid passed out on the floor along side with at least a couple of dozen Pokemon amongst them. One skull member was leaned over the rail, planted, with me right behind him with a large Cricket bat. Getting punished like the child he was.

"THIS! IS WHAT! YOU GET! WHEN YOU SCREW! AROUND! WITH SKULL! AND TRY! TO FIGHT PEOPLE! OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE!" I shouted with one smack of the bat, one right after the other, and finishing one hard smash across the rear to make the point clear, leaving the guy practically in tears. I then gave a hard swift kick, kicking the guy over the railings and leaving him fall in a fountain below. "NOW GO HOME TO YOUR MOTHER!" I then shouted to him as he crawled out of the fountain.

I perked up, quickly turning around, firing an Ice Beam shot. There was someone else still conscious in this chaos. Bones apparently was trying to sneak his way out again. "Except you...you and I need to have words..."

------------

Freth knew that she could do a fair bit of damage herself, but between her and those accompanying her? She didn't like her chances. It took everything the team had and then some just to fend them off back in Mossdeep AND deal with a shuttle that had the shadow virus. The female was high on guard, waiting on things to go further to hell than what it already had.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:21 pm
Aria would be one of the first people out of the sub, thankful that her tetanus-induced death had been evaded yet again. Except....now it seemed like her impending doom was going to be from the five bad band that now occupied the pier with an entire town burning itself to the ground in the background. Why couldn't they once have something like this end in cake and a party? She wanted cake and a party, damnit. Not horrifying death and impending doom. Knowing that standing directly behind her was the wall of muscle and fur known as Sogetsu, Aria felt relatively self assured if they needed to get into a scuffle that things wouldn't go too bad right off the bat.

Beau would barely crawl out of the sub before he saw what was awaiting him. Turning to where he knew Darts was, Beau could only say. "You killed me. You killed me with that dumbass Thunderbolt and I'm in hell now. There is no other sane explanation for the things I'm seeing now beyond me being dead or still so concussed that my brain is soup."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:38 pm
Aile narrowed her eyes ever so slightly when Sub looked at her, now slightly confused. He was the reason she wound up here in this shithole of a region in the first place, and it wasn't on pleasant terms that she left. She shook her head, reaching to a wrist with one of her hands. There was no way he really could have-

That train of thought would be broken when Sol tossed her the Ultra Ball, quickly reaching out her arm and catching it. She stared at it, taking in Sol's words as well, unsure if those were partially meant for her or what. Aile's eyes would start to drift downwards to the ground, now trying to figure out what to do. The people that she would have expected to show at least some level of animosity towards her certainly haven't so far, though that may have been thanks to the certain circumstances. The woman's eyes would snap up to the screen with Ein finally, though, with Sol's comment of Ein aiming for this to happen. Ein was just being opportunistic, right? The woman knew the more likely answer to this, but she at least could hope that her kidnapping wasn't part of Ein's machinations.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Lykas' Pokemon
Mykel, Palaeo, Genevieve
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Okeanos, Furor, Lux
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lykas' Pokemon Info

Mykel - Male
Ability: Synchronize
Psychic
Moonblast
Magical Leaf
Wish
Hyper Beam *Imperfect and can only be used when Mega Evolved

Palaeo - Male
Ability: Poison Touch
Drain Punch
Supersonic
Knock Off
Venoshock

Genevieve - Male
Ability: Water Bubble
Leech Life
Infestation
Spider Web
Bubble Beam

Okeanos - Male
Ability: Mega Launcher
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Heal Pulse
Endure

Furor - Female
Ability: Intimidate
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance
Brutal Swing
Thunder Wave

Lux - Male
Ability: Blaze
Eruption
Focus Punch
Burn Up
Smokescreen

Odd's Pokemon

Cadenza, Fermata
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rhythm, Refrain, Entr'Acte

Odd's Pokemon Info

Cadenza - Genderless
Ability: Wonder Guard
Silver Wind
Night Slash
Ominous Wind
Double Team

Fermata - Male
Ability: Overgrow
Energy Ball
Spirit Shackle
Synthesis
Feather Dance

Rhythm - Genderless
Ability: Plus
Shift Gear
Gear Grind
Lock On
Zap Cannon

Refrain - Female
Ability: Telepathy
Quash
Calm Mind
Extrasensory
Charge Beam

Entr'Acte - Male
Ability: No Guard
Shadow Claw
Sacred Sword
Swords Dance
Flash Cannon

Odd had been dragged along by Sub after he rose up from his shadow, not having really even enough time to process what all had gone down before the Dark-Channeler and their hybrid ally had appeared. For a brief moment, he wondered how bad it would be to get pulled along like that, himself, before recalling that he had once done similar with Cadenza, though it had only worked because they had been in the Otherworld at the time. He was fortunate that his intangibility was now reactive more than it was a conscious sort of control, allowing him to shift through people as they jostled about on the submarine along the way. At least, until it was thrown into the air, at which point he was basically hurled through everyone between himself and the rearmost wall of the sub, where he slammed rather unceremoniously into it. "Ow...."

Outside, seeing the flames as he races across the water, Lykas found himself rushing into the port town, already preparing to start putting out the flames. Except that the blast wave from that explosion kicked up some massive waves, sending him and his not-so-recently-repaired Vespa flying skyward. "Son of -!" He yelped, watching as his bike went flying towards what looked to be a gathering of rather familiar faces. Hopefully they'd leave enough of it intact to repair it once again but what could be done if they chose not to? Either way, he'd turn his focus away from them for a brief moment before firing off a Water Spout towards the burning buildings, using the force to both control his fall as well as to assist the rainfall in extinguishing the blaze.

As Odd climbed out behind the others, his first instinct was to flee from this lot and plan a better attack against them. Until Dull showed his face. His right eye twitched the moment the hybrid spoke, rage rising within him in an instant. "You would know, wouldn't you?" He asked, trying to remain calm in spite of his rising aggression towards the Gengar hybrid. "And Beau? Hell's a hell of a lot nicer than this." He assured the hybrid, straightening up and trying to keep his composure as best he could.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:39 am
TerashiLeonGoken
"You unrepentant motherf-

I nearly leapt out of the submersible when the Ciphers showed up. After stealing my entire team (at the time) and knocking me into a YEARLONG COMA, I wanted nothing more than to watch each of them die in a fire. But despite my valiant effort to run up to them, Pokemon blazing, something held me back.

Or, rather, someone. "I know you hate them, but our Pokemon are worn out from getting us out of an exploding lab atop an overflowing volcano, not to mention protecting us from three of Gonzap's Pokemon and a swarm of Beedrill. Please, just let it go, for now."

As much as I wanted to beat those Ciphers senseless with my bare hands, I knew she was right - I'd just be putting myself, her, and the rest of the team in danger. We just exhausted all our resources getting out of that lab, and the Ciphers, for all we knew, were fresh - that they suffered no difficulty getting to us at our weakest. I hated it, but the safest bet was to stay put, so that's what I did.
Darksol88

He'd have to put any questions about it to the side for now. Staring down all too many from Cipher, especially Ein and S-22, it wasn't hard to grasp what must've been orchestrated. "That's the funny thing about chess," he remarked as he stared down Ein and a grin that he'd long grown tired of seeing. "A pawn here and there does need to be sacrificed, but even the lowly pawn can become something more. They might even become a queen." As he spoke, Aile would find an Ultra Ball tossed to her. The one that contained Gonzap's now-former Skarmory, no less. "Sacrificing all of them would be a foolish play, wouldn't you agree? After all, you appear to have no issues taking the one we sacrificed as soon as we began the game. But I'm getting ahead of myself. You aimed for things to happen like this, didn't you?"

A hand would start to move behind him, onto the hilt of a wrapped-up blade. The bandages served to give it a mostly nondescript appearance, done for reasons only known by Sol himself. "Have Sub and I get a reminder of our past and the others get to see every skeleton in our closets dragged out and paraded around. Anything to bring us down and remind us that we're all lower than the dirt beneath your feet, correct? And now, everyone knows the ugly first chapter of the tale. If anything, I suppose we should be thanking you for that much. Saves us having to take the time to put them all aside and bring it out in the open."

Through all of this, Amaranth would just stare at the screen on S-22's chest, glaring at Ein. But instead of paralyzing fear, something else had awoken in her thanks to the lab. A fist was clenched and if it hadn't been for knowing that S-22 would have no trouble killing her in seconds, she'd have gone to kick that screen too. "Glad it's gone," she shot back, stepping forward despite being well aware that she was horribly out of her league. "Your idea of housing sucks."
Espeon_Commander
Aile narrowed her eyes ever so slightly when Sub looked at her, now slightly confused. He was the reason she wound up here in this shithole of a region in the first place, and it wasn't on pleasant terms that she left. She shook her head, reaching to a wrist with one of her hands. There was no way he really could have-

That train of thought would be broken when Sol tossed her the Ultra Ball, quickly reaching out her arm and catching it. She stared at it, taking in Sol's words as well, unsure if those were partially meant for her or what. Aile's eyes would start to drift downwards to the ground, now trying to figure out what to do. The people that she would have expected to show at least some level of animosity towards her certainly haven't so far, though that may have been thanks to the certain circumstances. The woman's eyes would snap up to the screen with Ein finally, though, with Sol's comment of Ein aiming for this to happen. Ein was just being opportunistic, right? The woman knew the more likely answer to this, but she at least could hope that her kidnapping wasn't part of Ein's machinations.
Requiem of Whyspers

As Odd climbed out behind the others, his first instinct was to flee from this lot and plan a better attack against them. Until Dull showed his face. His right eye twitched the moment the hybrid spoke, rage rising within him in an instant. "You would know, wouldn't you?" He asked, trying to remain calm in spite of his rising aggression towards the Gengar hybrid. "And Beau? Hell's a hell of a lot nicer than this." He assured the hybrid, straightening up and trying to keep his composure as best he could.
Reno Vantas
Aria would be one of the first people out of the sub, thankful that her tetanus-induced death had been evaded yet again. Except....now it seemed like her impending doom was going to be from the five bad band that now occupied the pier with an entire town burning itself to the ground in the background. Why couldn't they once have something like this end in cake and a party? She wanted cake and a party, damnit. Not horrifying death and impending doom. Knowing that standing directly behind her was the wall of muscle and fur known as Sogetsu, Aria felt relatively self assured if they needed to get into a scuffle that things wouldn't go too bad right off the bat.

Beau would barely crawl out of the sub before he saw what was awaiting him. Turning to where he knew Darts was, Beau could only say. "You killed me. You killed me with that dumbass Thunderbolt and I'm in hell now. There is no other sane explanation for the things I'm seeing now beyond me being dead or still so concussed that my brain is soup."
Blizzard120

Freth knew that she could do a fair bit of damage herself, but between her and those accompanying her? She didn't like her chances. It took everything the team had and then some just to fend them off back in Mossdeep AND deal with a shuttle that had the shadow virus. The female was high on guard, waiting on things to go further to hell than what it already had.

SubonicXP
No sooner did Sub exit the submersible and vainly attempt to take his first breath of fresh air in the past few hours (it was anything but fresh now) would he see the phantom of his past, his mug flickering on a screen implanted in a mutant monstrosity. While he and Sol had just spent the better part of their day going down a blood stained memory lane and 'relishing' in their past the Dark One did not expect to see the antagonist of the drama that was his life at the end of his reminiscing. This had to be a joke, a sick cosmic joke the gods were playing on him, punishment for defying the natural order of things with his very existence, or at least his extended one.

"That's a good question, have their ever figured out what happens to stuff that gets sucked up into a black hole? Because I'm guessing that's how your lab is right about now. That or strewn across Citadark and or encased in magma but I'm sure you figured that much." Sub replied to Ein, scowling at the man on the screen. His focus was completely on the mad scientist, the Snagem leader not even acknowledging the other 'Cipher members', let alone the more physically threatening one of the group, that being S-22, the one which had the screen implanted on his body. "I take it Gonzap was just another pawn to you, huh? Where did you dig him up from? You know what, it doesn't matter. Unlike you I consider all my allies and teammates of equal value, no one being less valuable than the other." He said, looking over at Aile for a second before turning to lock eyes with Kess, knowing her to be the weakest link in Ein's chain of loyalty.

"I wonder how long it will be until one of you are designated to be the next Gonzap, just another dispensable pawn in dear leader's game." The man said, keeping eye contact with Kess. This was just as much a psychological game as it was a physical one and Sub was playing to win just as much as Ein was. "So! I take it all this is your doing? I would ask why destroy Gateon Port but then again look who I'm talking to. So let's cut to the chase, what do you want with us? You've obviously arranged all this and waited here so we would cross paths and while any normal person would assume it's to kill us I know you better than that, making this our grave is beneath you, there is still plenty of pegs for you to knock us down."

"Sub my boy..." Ein says calmly, steepling his fingers in front of his face slightly as he leans back in whatever chair he currently was reposed in. "Did you ever read your Rocket file? I can tell you right here they were impressed with your tenacity... even your leadership skills earned the executives kudos. But it was printed in there black and white almost better than I myself ever could put it. 'Fails to see the bigger picture.'" His hands fall and the usual disdain and hatred from the group moves across his face in an ugly sneer. "Just like all those years ago, you are still thinking like a Grunt instead of a leader." His eyes flicker over to Aile, taking in her discomfort at the idea of having been a part of his plot. "Oh don't fool yourself into thinking it was you I wanted." He says coldly, not a trace of empathy for her state in his voice. "Any of you insufferably wretched creatures would have sufficed to play the bait in this little distraction of mine. And with the memories of the past in your head sure to lure you in, why not just eliminate you here and now?"

Kess for her part has remained silent during this speech, though when Sub accused them of possibly being little more than Ein's pawns to be sacrificed at will, the leader might have seen a slight flicker of recognition - wiped aside in an instant. There and then gone.

Zera lights a cigarette off of what used to be someone's home, puffing a couple of times as she sets the cancer stick ablaze and inhales with a loving sigh.

Dull laughs again at Odd's response, grinning that smarmy smile of his still. "I thought you said you had friends who go to different worlds all the time. Why don't you just go back there and pick him up? I'm sure he's liable to forgive abandoning him to the depths of Hades like you did."

S-22 stands stock silent, projecting Ein's face dutifully with his chest pressed outwards to give them a view of the screen, not moving a muscle.

Ein lets the moment flow over the group and then raises a finger. "But you are right about one thing. Here and now is not the place to put you in your graves. Not yet. You all cling to the past like it's some kind of life raft that will save you from the inevitable squall of the future." The disdain clings thick and heavy to his voice as he speaks, his cold eyes roving over each member present in turn as he addresses them together. "Like your past deeds and accomplishments matter one iota to anyone else out there in the world. Like you matter one iota to anyone else out there in the world. But I already told you once, and I only repeat myself to educate neanderthals who do not get the message. You. Are. Obsolete." He punctuates each of his last three words with a prod to the desk his recording equipment was settled on, causing the video feed to bounce lightly for a moment. "And rather than kill you here and now, I still intend to let you all watch to the very end as the new wave of the future catches up and smashes you all upon the rocks known as history. Broken and forgotten."

He pauses, moving back over each of them in turn again with his eyes. "As far as I am concerned the past is nothing more but building blocks to the future to those intelligent enough to use them as such. You all thought you had succeeded back in Hoenn when you first met my new team, sending the mighty S-22 crashing down back from orbit and halting my Shadow Virus. But think back... and I mean really rack your brains now, to prove you have any. Each and every mission, from the first time you ran into me to the last, did it seem to have some kind of connecting theme, mm?" He tuts, as though speaking to ignorant schoolchildren not understanding a simple math lesson. "The stones on the boat S-22 attacked... Meteor Falls where we made off with a chunk of the meteorite... and even the falling space debris S-22 protected with his body on the way back down to earth. Every one of my moves has had a purpose. And while I've been expanding my territory as they say in chess, you all have been reacting to what I have been doing in the same dullard way you always have. But now the time for expansion is over. I've already taken what I've needed to take, while all of you were kind enough to get out of my way long enough to do it."

S-22 moves then finally, not an aggressive move, just a slight motion. An antenna moves out of his visor, rotating a bit as it gets into position to broadcast something.

"Smile Snagems!" Ein taunts gleefully as he smiles too, dark and cold even on the video screen. "You all, alongside me are about to make international history thanks to the receivers we took off of that fleet sinking to the bottom of the ocean now. This pirated broadcast is going out worldwide, and I just know there are some people out there who are going to want to get a load of this. Now, to catch up the public rabble who may be wondering where exactly their television went. My name is Ein, and this..." S-22's screen flicks briefly to each of the members of Cipher in turn as he rotates his visor to take them all in before Ein's face reappears. "Is Team Cipher. And we have message for all of the powers that be in the world out there who seem to have an idea in their head that having a mythical purification being of the land can keep them safe from us." The video flickers to show a shot of the beaten Snagems inside of the submersible in the middle of the ruined Gateon Port for a moment, taking note of their grim features before going back to Ein. "Or even those that do not possess such a thing..."

"The region of Orre is ours now. As of earlier this evening myself and my associates have done all we can to secure the borders ourselves, up to and including wiping out any foreign presences that may have proved to have been... hostile to our new government. Respect our borders and we will treat your regions fairly as due with how we ourselves are treated. Decide to pull something foolish, however... and I cannot promise we will be as kind to you as we were to Gateon Port." Ein steeples his fingers once more, resting his chin on top of them this time as a morose sort of smile passes over his features. "Now no doubt all of you are asking some sort of question like 'well how on earth can he possibly hope to do all of this?' like the simpletons you all are. I am happy that you all decided to bring that up first, despite its inane-ness, because I am very pleased to report the perfection of a project I have been working on for quite a great many years has come to fruition."

S-22 turns his visor outwards to face the water in the port, the camera view following it on his chest. All of a sudden, the broken flaming husks of the ships in the harbor begin to rise forth, several tons of twisted steel and navy-issue war machines pulling themselves from the crushing depths easily to soar into the sky, joining another figure there that had not been immediately visible before but now was unmissable - framed by the wreckage of the Kanto-Johto fleet it had just gotten done dismantling. Seemingly single-handedly, as anyone who could sense energy would be able to attest - as soon as the ships had begun floating there was an almost blinding corona of energy coming off of this figure as it drew near. The energy would be faintly sickly-feeling but in a much darker and deeper way there was almost a vicious sense of purity about it. Anyone who had dealt with Shadow Pokemon in any way would be able to identify that energy as a sickly cousin to this dark power.

The figure finally reaches the shore, coming into clear view of the camera and all the Snagems. A bipedial humanoid-esque charcoal grey near-black figure with a jutting mass of yellow stone emerging from its right shoulder blade, the thing was radiating the pure essence of Shadow Energy like it was the very wellspring that the contagion had sprung from. Its tail moves lightly behind it, a powerful yellow radiating from both the end of it as well as the chunk of rock embedded in its collarbone. Its dark eyes, a deep menacing color of the moon in full eclipse roves over the team with no empathy and no sense of recognition as the defeated fleet hovers in the background behind it.

"This..." Ein says, his face reappearing on S-22's chest to coincide with his words. "Is the aufheben of all of my Shadow research." His voice has taken on a zealous, fanatical tone, abandoning all pretense of staying calm and collected. "This is the perfection all those fools were straying around the boundaries of three decades ago in this very region. I gave them the energy of the gods, and they used it to make mere playthings. This is what man can unlock using the power of stone! This is what can birthed from the same initial genesis point as all other Pokemon, but only once nature has been improved upon by the hands of man's genius!" His eyes bulge behind his glasses as he shrieks his victory to the Snagems and austensibly live to the rest of the world. "This is the final stage of my Project Genesis! This is the project code named XD002... This is... Shadow Mewtwo."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:04 pm
Atlantis_Darts

"Oh, that old thing? I read a lot of those old files. Surely you didn't think I wouldn't take advantage of a client making me go in first and ensuring the room was safe to enter," Sol remarked. "He and Gonzap gave me just enough time to peruse a few files in there. The trials and machinations you had would be fascinating if they didn't leave me wanting to puke. But even those weren't as interesting as the file you mentioned and your so-called Project Genesis. I knew well what I was getting into as I pieced everything together, but I'll admit it's always a treat when the client willingly answers your questions."

As Ein continued, he'd only shrug. "I don't know, I can think of a few people that might care. Hell, for someone who wants to go on about how we don't matter to anyone else, you sure seem awfully obsessed with us. We clearly matter to you if you're going to project like a petulant child about it. I won't comment on any connecting theme; while the others were fighting and you had your machinations, I had other matters to attend to. Important ones that, had I not dealt with them, I wouldn't be here to make one thing clear." By the time XD002- or rather, Shadow Mewtwo as it was so aptly called- had shown up, it would become clear to everyone else that Sol was really trying to ignore the pit in his stomach and immense fear. That was the result of Project Genesis? In the back of his mind, he'd hoped that such a plan was ruined years ago. Instead, it was staring him down and the thing looked like it could infect him with the Shadow Virus if given a chance. A chance he wasn't too keen on giving.

But, if there was anything he was even less keen on, it was subjecting the rest of the team to this monstrosity or anything going on in Orre. The rest, even Sub, had used a lot of their resources not only to get to and through the lab, but to get out. As they were, one look said it all; they couldn't fight this. Not now. Not yet. He wasn't even sure if he could, but he was still good to fight. And Wes didn't look too bad off either, thankfully. If nothing else, some precious time could finally be bought, but for how long was uncertain.

As his hand gripped the bandaged blade's hilt, flames would quickly spread and engulf the entirety of it, soon freeing it from the wrapped scabbard on his back. A red, faintly glowing crystal would be the first thing to be apparent as the wrappings burned away, revealing the decorated, brilliantly-shining brass hilt to go with it and allowing a tuft of rainbow feathers to finally move and dangle near the crystal. With the flames wrapping around and seeping into the scabbard, he'd quickly pull it out, its metallic schwing coming off like the cry of a phoenix awoken from its slumber at long last. Though the flames would fan outward from the swing, they'd quickly reform around the blade and fit to its form. It seemed that there were still a few aces left, and if Ein was pulling out all the stops, then he had no reason to avoid doing the same.

"Get the hell out of my home. Wes, I trust you have a similar sentiment? We're going to need everyone we can get! Sub," he'd pause long enough to toss a ball with his free hand and send his Xatu out. "Get yourself and the rest of the team out of here! And all of you, prepare. Arm yourselves. Make sure everyone is available and ready to fight, because there won't be any running from this. Not anymore. If they're not around, find them and make sure they know there's a call to arms." Eventually, he'd step forward, making it clear that he didn't intend on going with the rest of the team today.

"Do I make myself clear!?"

--

Hearing each and every word Ein said as his tongue weaved its insidious web made Amaranth wish she could march over to wherever he was and rip out his vocal chords. Or find some way of making him shut up. All his remarks did was serve to remind her of her earlier episode in the lab, and how for once, she felt she had broken free- literally and figuratively. As far as she cared, the only thing "obsolete" about her was thinking she was still nothing more than some test subject that might've been a clone. Hearing that Orre was his, though, had her heart sank. It wasn't that she had a concept of any place outside of the team being home to her, but the region had the first places she could easily recollect. It wasn't a fun thought, but it was nothing compared to what came next when she saw XD002. Whatever a Mewtwo was, she wanted no part of it, and especially not one that looked like it could impale her with that stone on its shoulder.

She started stepping back out of utter fear, knowing she didn't have a chance at fighting that thing, let alone Cipher still. Out of anyone, she wasn't the best equipped by any means... and yet there Sol was, making a rally cry to arms and start preparing. He made himself clear as far as she could tell, but the idea of answering that left her anxious. She wasn't sure if there was such a thing as being ready for something like that, whether they had a few months, a few years or a few days to do so.

Seemingly sensing her hesitation, Sol's Xatu would make sure to stay near as she began getting ready to teleport the others away and to safety. Just as soon as they were all close enough to do so.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:15 pm
As the mad, perhaps angry, scientist rambled on, Freth kept her attention on the more immediate threat right in front of them. But then, something started to nag at her, something yelling at her very senses as if she needed to turn around, a moment she did so when Ein reiterated his whole 'obsolete' speal from before when the Shadow Pokemon threat came forth and S22 was revealed. Problem was that she wasn't seeing anything off hand beyond the coast. She constantly looked back towards the four in front of her again, then back towards the waters, unable to comprehend what was out there.

She looked back towards the group again when Ein started to connect the dots, the various stones, the meteorite chunk, the debris when S22 made re-entry...it didn't have any other connection other than it was a bunch of rocks, at least to anyone in not to the know. What did he take exactly that was so important? For that matter, Sol and Sub seemed to be more in the know than the rest of the team. Couldn't this have been a bit important information to get their hands on as well? Lysandre could have been put on the back burner, for instance, for this.

Freth's instincts started to grade at the back of her mind even harder now, making her look back to the coast now. What the hell was out there, she wondered. Her answer came to her when a figure came forth. Her eyes widened, seeing the Pokemon what Ein deemed XD002. He got his hands on a Mewtwo. A Mewtwo, of all things. They're already twisted enough as is from their creation. Tossing a Shadow Virus into the mix only just exacerbates the problem exponentially.

Speaking of exacerbating the problem, when Freth heard Sol make his proclamation. She steps away from Tristen, grabbing on to Sol. "You are not making any last stand any time soon. You up and ditch everyone for months, leaving everyone in the dark on what you're doing, and you then decide 'Hey, its time to use up my finite extra lives?' This is not the time for you to pull a Blizzard. Time to leave."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 pm
I listened to everyone. I listened to Ein's speech and, while I didn't struggle to break out of Keiko's grasp, I was damn tempted, even though the mad scientist wasn't even in the area. Though somebody could have mentioned that he was the leader of the Arceus-cursed Ciphers when I asked about it. Then I listened to Sub's ultimatum, and I realized that I had a lot of work to do, and not just on my current team. I'd need more than them for what was ahead. Though I intended to make good on my promise to Keiko, I knew that I'd eventually have to make good on my training in Mossdeep and become a Psychic Channeler as well. Not to mention upgrading my Snag Machine with an Immunizer because ~/~ dealing with the Shadow Virus.

Most of all, I knew one thing. When we finally marched on Ein and his Ciphers to put them to bed for good, I had to be there. I would never be able to forgive myself, otherwise.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:11 pm
Aile rolled her eyes as Ein specifically addressed her, more or less confirming it. “I was convenient enough, but still worked into your plan, got it.” She sighed after that, looking back down and tried to figure things out. Then Shadow Mewtwo showed up, and Ein declared all of Orre his. Her head would whip around to the road leading out of town, vividly recalling all of the people back in Pyrite that she game more than a single damn about, all of the people she considered drinking buddies, all the people she helped with issues in the under, and finally the guy that gave her a place to stay when she finally showed up in Pyrite in the middle of a sandstorm. All of those people, now subject to Ein’s whims. The woman began to shake, not out of fear, but out of anger and frustration.

“Dammit… And this is `~/~ing tame for you? This was KIND? I mean, I know some of the people here were assholes. I’ve always gotten into at least one fight each time I was here on errands for people. But none of them deserved this,” Aile shouted, turning her head back towards the group of Cipher members. “And for all I know, this might still be a mercy compared to what you sick ~/~s might do now to the rest of the people here. Just because you’re smarter than ninety-nine percent of the population doesn’t just give you the ~/~ing right to rule over everyone else and not give a damn! And you think people are going to take this lying down? Oh hell no! I can guarantee you others other than Snagem will be fighting back as well. Maybe not immediately, but people don’t take well to self righteous assholes declaring themselves rulers of an area, even if they don’t have the ability to act right then and there.” The woman grinded her teeth and slammed her eyes shut, thoroughly pissed off right now. “The only thing burning me up right now more than this, though, is that I’m one of those people that can’t take action right now,” she muttered, gripping her staff ever tighter until her knuckles were white. She made no actions to move as she was trying to get a control on her rage, either away from the Snagems or towards them.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:34 pm
Mustering her courage in the face of the engine of destruction and fear that was now flanking the gigantic Sharpedo thing, Aria would stumble forward to stare down Ein. "So. Scared of Lysandre? Mad that he can render all of your Shadow Pokemon moot? Maybe you just can't face the facts that something natural trumped your science. Either way, nice tantrum. Glad to see that one theatrics class you took got you grandiose motion and yelling. Too bad you never got the lesson on subtlety and grace." Aria firmly said to the screen, holding her ground even as every fiber of her being told her to run. She would be damned if she let this three year old with no personal skills take the last jab. Feeling her legs beginning to give out, Aria would reach a hand over to Aile's staff in order to give herself a support.

Beau would finally begin to get to his feet, staring towards the grouped up Cipher members before he found himself focused onto one specific member. "Hey windbag. There's only room for one source of flammable things around here. And once I figure out which way is up again, I'll fight you over this." He protested, stumbling around the area slightly as he desperately tried to find his normal legs. Too bad he had just found his sea legs thanks to the sub.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 pm
Sub had not said much else, instead he had stood there and listened to Ein go on during his global broadcast, the man's machinations finally laid out clear for the entire world. While none of it really surprised him as he had already deduced most of it, granted he didn't expect Ein to takeover all of Orre but regardless one thing did shock him despite knowing good and well this moment would come one day. Upon seeing Shadow Mewtwo descend from the heavens like a dark angel the man could do little other than gawk in a strange mix of awe and fear. He knew it was only a matter of time, he knew what they started doing three decades ago, in fact it was exactly this moment that he had planned for and worked towards this whole entire and yet he felt woefully unprepared. He knew, he knew it was coming and yet it had exceeded even his worse expectations.

Hearing Aria mouth off about the Shadow Pokemon and Lysandre's Zygarde almost made the man want to correct her, to help get through to her exactly what they were dealing with but he paid her no further mind, it wasn't even important now anyways. Was this really checkmate in Ein's favor in their game of chess? It almost felt like Snagem was becoming nothing more than a third party observer in a game of two gods, them being Lysandre and Ein. All this time he thought he would be ready, was it all for nothing?

Once Sol spoke up and made his proclamation of staying and fighting a fire was lit back up in Sub, the Ho-oh hybrid being the spark to light it. Upon catching Xatu appearing from its ball Sub would give a little nod to Sol before snatching Freth up by the wrist and pulling her away from Sol before she had a chance to grab him. "It's okay, let him go. I'll explain things later." He reassured Freth, the Dark One seeming to understand Sol and what he was doing. After releasing Gardy, the Gardevoir instantly reading minds and grasping the situation with uncharacteristic speed and seriousness, the two Psychic would began to make haste as they teleporting around snatching people up and took them away. Eventually it would just be Sub and Freth, holding Freth's actual hand now, the man fixing his gaze upon Sol just for a few seconds before disappearing with Gardy. They would see each other again, he was certain.

Zero wasn't an end, but a beginning. The clock counts up.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Lykas' Pokemon
Mykel, Palaeo, Genevieve
Okeanos, Furor, Lux

Lykas' Pokemon Info

Mykel - Male
Ability: Synchronize
Psychic
Moonblast
Magical Leaf
Wish
Hyper Beam *Imperfect and can only be used when Mega Evolved

Palaeo - Male
Ability: Poison Touch
Drain Punch
Supersonic
Knock Off
Venoshock

Genevieve - Male
Ability: Water Bubble
Leech Life
Infestation
Spider Web
Bubble Beam

Okeanos - Male
Ability: Mega Launcher
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Heal Pulse
Endure

Furor - Female
Ability: Intimidate
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance
Brutal Swing
Thunder Wave

Lux - Male
Ability: Blaze
Eruption
Focus Punch
Burn Up
Smokescreen

Odd's Pokemon

Cadenza, Fermata
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rhythm, Refrain, Entr'Acte

Odd's Pokemon Info

Cadenza - Genderless
Ability: Wonder Guard
Silver Wind
Night Slash
Ominous Wind
Double Team

Fermata - Male
Ability: Overgrow
Energy Ball
Spirit Shackle
Synthesis
Feather Dance

Rhythm - Genderless
Ability: Plus
Shift Gear
Gear Grind
Lock On
Zap Cannon

Refrain - Female
Ability: Telepathy
Quash
Calm Mind
Extrasensory
Charge Beam

Entr'Acte - Male
Ability: No Guard
Shadow Claw
Sacred Sword
Swords Dance
Flash Cannon

Odd ground his teeth, rage building within him, more at his inability to fight these people here and now than with what they were doing or saying. "This region most definitely does not belong to you." He assured Ein, focusing in on the psychopathic so as to keep himself from going charging after Dull right here and now. "We may not take it back right now but I promise you that we will take it back. Your grip on this region won't last long, Ein." He gripped the sickle hanging from his belt, tightening his grip until his fingernails began to dig into his palm, practically drawing blood as he did. "You and your little team, your organization or whatever you want to call yourselves, you want to rule here? You'll be ruling over a pile of dirt before the people bow to your whims."

To Dull, without every looking at him, he responded, "I didn't abandon him. He forced me to go after you. Your twisted existence screwed up the passageway between the Otherworld and this one and I ended up in Alola, somehow, or I'd have still been chasing you down."

About that time, however, he began to sense something. Some raw and twisted and wrong. Moreso that even Dull's presence. Something in the water felt like it was some twisted abomination born of the refuse spit out from the Æther, almost a negative impression of energy. It swelled and collapsed into itself, in a sense, the tides of it feeling very similar to the ocean. And then, amid Ein's roaring, triumphant declaration introducing the mutant beast, XD002 made itself known. The feeling of that things made him sick. "Not only are you twisting the Gods natural order but you're corrupting the already twisted creations of man as well?" He asked, trying his hardest not to be sick from the vile feel of that creature's energy, emanating outward like waves of pure, unadulterated disease.

Lykas, on the other hand, had a healthy sense of "screw this" and called out Mykel, rushing over to Odd with the Mega Gardevoir covering them and dragged him away. "We'll be back. Don't think you win just because of this." He warned the madman and his cronies before having Mykel whisk them away, Teleporting back to HQ.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:43 pm
Blizzard120
Speaking of exacerbating the problem, when Freth heard Sol make his proclamation. She steps away from Tristen, grabbing on to Sol. "You are not making any last stand any time soon. You up and ditch everyone for months, leaving everyone in the dark on what you're doing, and you then decide 'Hey, its time to use up my finite extra lives?' This is not the time for you to pull a Blizzard. Time to leave."
"I've no intention of this being a last stand or any sort of grave. But I had my reasons to depart when I did. The first time I met that," Sol said as he motioned his head towards S-22, "I realized then that I was out of my league. I had my reasons to depart like I did and keep silent about it, and I do apologize for the secrecy. But know that I won't keep you all in the dark for much longer." Nodding to Sub as he pulled Freth away, he'd leave Xatu and Gardy to take care of getting the rest of the team away.

"I'll aid in the explanations as soon as I can. I owe you all that much."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:24 am
Espeon_Commander
Aile rolled her eyes as Ein specifically addressed her, more or less confirming it. “I was convenient enough, but still worked into your plan, got it.” She sighed after that, looking back down and tried to figure things out. Then Shadow Mewtwo showed up, and Ein declared all of Orre his. Her head would whip around to the road leading out of town, vividly recalling all of the people back in Pyrite that she game more than a single damn about, all of the people she considered drinking buddies, all the people she helped with issues in the under, and finally the guy that gave her a place to stay when she finally showed up in Pyrite in the middle of a sandstorm. All of those people, now subject to Ein’s whims. The woman began to shake, not out of fear, but out of anger and frustration.

“Dammit… And this is `~/~ing tame for you? This was KIND? I mean, I know some of the people here were assholes. I’ve always gotten into at least one fight each time I was here on errands for people. But none of them deserved this,” Aile shouted, turning her head back towards the group of Cipher members. “And for all I know, this might still be a mercy compared to what you sick ~/~s might do now to the rest of the people here. Just because you’re smarter than ninety-nine percent of the population doesn’t just give you the ~/~ing right to rule over everyone else and not give a damn! And you think people are going to take this lying down? Oh hell no! I can guarantee you others other than Snagem will be fighting back as well. Maybe not immediately, but people don’t take well to self righteous assholes declaring themselves rulers of an area, even if they don’t have the ability to act right then and there.” The woman grinded her teeth and slammed her eyes shut, thoroughly pissed off right now. “The only thing burning me up right now more than this, though, is that I’m one of those people that can’t take action right now,” she muttered, gripping her staff ever tighter until her knuckles were white. She made no actions to move as she was trying to get a control on her rage, either away from the Snagems or towards them.
Darksol88

"Get the hell out of my home. Wes, I trust you have a similar sentiment? We're going to need everyone we can get! Sub," he'd pause long enough to toss a ball with his free hand and send his Xatu out. "Get yourself and the rest of the team out of here! And all of you, prepare. Arm yourselves. Make sure everyone is available and ready to fight, because there won't be any running from this. Not anymore. If they're not around, find them and make sure they know there's a call to arms." Eventually, he'd step forward, making it clear that he didn't intend on going with the rest of the team today.

"Do I make myself clear!?"

TerashiLeonGoken
I listened to everyone. I listened to Ein's speech and, while I didn't struggle to break out of Keiko's grasp, I was damn tempted, even though the mad scientist wasn't even in the area. Though somebody could have mentioned that he was the leader of the Arceus-cursed Ciphers when I asked about it. Then I listened to Sub's ultimatum, and I realized that I had a lot of work to do, and not just on my current team. I'd need more than them for what was ahead. Though I intended to make good on my promise to Keiko, I knew that I'd eventually have to make good on my training in Mossdeep and become a Psychic Channeler as well. Not to mention upgrading my Snag Machine with an Immunizer because ~/~ dealing with the Shadow Virus.

Most of all, I knew one thing. When we finally marched on Ein and his Ciphers to put them to bed for good, I had to be there. I would never be able to forgive myself, otherwise.

Requiem of Whyspers

Odd ground his teeth, rage building within him, more at his inability to fight these people here and now than with what they were doing or saying. "This region most definitely does not belong to you." He assured Ein, focusing in on the psychopathic so as to keep himself from going charging after Dull right here and now. "We may not take it back right now but I promise you that we will take it back. Your grip on this region won't last long, Ein." He gripped the sickle hanging from his belt, tightening his grip until his fingernails began to dig into his palm, practically drawing blood as he did. "You and your little team, your organization or whatever you want to call yourselves, you want to rule here? You'll be ruling over a pile of dirt before the people bow to your whims."

To Dull, without every looking at him, he responded, "I didn't abandon him. He forced me to go after you. Your twisted existence screwed up the passageway between the Otherworld and this one and I ended up in Alola, somehow, or I'd have still been chasing you down."

About that time, however, he began to sense something. Some raw and twisted and wrong. Moreso that even Dull's presence. Something in the water felt like it was some twisted abomination born of the refuse spit out from the Æther, almost a negative impression of energy. It swelled and collapsed into itself, in a sense, the tides of it feeling very similar to the ocean. And then, amid Ein's roaring, triumphant declaration introducing the mutant beast, XD002 made itself known. The feeling of that things made him sick. "Not only are you twisting the Gods natural order but you're corrupting the already twisted creations of man as well?" He asked, trying his hardest not to be sick from the vile feel of that creature's energy, emanating outward like waves of pure, unadulterated disease.

Lykas, on the other hand, had a healthy sense of "screw this" and called out Mykel, rushing over to Odd with the Mega Gardevoir covering them and dragged him away. "We'll be back. Don't think you win just because of this." He warned the madman and his cronies before having Mykel whisk them away, Teleporting back to HQ.
Reno Vantas
Mustering her courage in the face of the engine of destruction and fear that was now flanking the gigantic Sharpedo thing, Aria would stumble forward to stare down Ein. "So. Scared of Lysandre? Mad that he can render all of your Shadow Pokemon moot? Maybe you just can't face the facts that something natural trumped your science. Either way, nice tantrum. Glad to see that one theatrics class you took got you grandiose motion and yelling. Too bad you never got the lesson on subtlety and grace." Aria firmly said to the screen, holding her ground even as every fiber of her being told her to run. She would be damned if she let this three year old with no personal skills take the last jab. Feeling her legs beginning to give out, Aria would reach a hand over to Aile's staff in order to give herself a support.

Beau would finally begin to get to his feet, staring towards the grouped up Cipher members before he found himself focused onto one specific member. "Hey windbag. There's only room for one source of flammable things around here. And once I figure out which way is up again, I'll fight you over this." He protested, stumbling around the area slightly as he desperately tried to find his normal legs. Too bad he had just found his sea legs thanks to the sub.

Ein smiles whimsically as the group throws about their parting words. He focuses in particular on Odd and Aria, twirling his pointer finger whimsically as they, in his opinion, bluster to him. "God is dead, to quote a famous philosopher. And I couldn't be worried less about anyone touting something birthed from the center of the earth as 'complete'. That which was birthed by nature man can remake better. If Arceus himself floated down from above, only a hack would strap a helmet to him and try and control him. A true genius would remake that which made this imperfect world."

Wes nods at Sol's assertion that he was going to fight for his homeland. "Yes, I will fight. I beat this b*****d last time... something tells me it's not going to be as easy this go-round however..." He takes his place next to Sol, a pair of Pokeballs in his hands, but not before he throws a cursory salute to the other Snagems, Isaac in particular seems to have earned his respect."So long Snagems. This little rendezvous of ours has been very enlightening. I almost forgive you all for ignoring me in a room for several months. Almost." He turns back to stand shoulder to shoulder with Sol and eyes the glowing blade. "That thing better do something special, or we're going to be fish food in a couple minutes here...." Is the last thing most Snagems will hear as they are whisked away from, if Ein is to be believed, Cipher-controlled Orre.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas