User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Naani. Naani, Naani, Naani. It was quite possibly the prettiest name ever. Ebere sighed, and closed his eyes, imagining gazing into her pink eyes. Lately he hadn't been able to stop thinking about the pretty little lioness. To think that they had sometimes played when they were cubs, and now destiny would bring them together again.

Of course, they all played together back then, a rowdy gang of cubs. There weren't a ton of cubs around so they all played. How could he not have noticed her back then? He must have been blind and stupid and immature. Good thing he grew up and noticed how lovely she was. They'd be the perfect match! Naani and Ebere. Ebere and Naani.

Ebere had spent an unusual amount of time grooming himself while thinking about his future mate, but some spots were impossible to get to without help. He needed to look his best at all times. Who knew when he'd happen to meet Naani next?

He shook out his mane. Hadn't it grown fuller since yesterday? Perhaps it was just wishful thinking. He was pretty sure it was a bit further along than Nchekwube's mane at least.

"Amaraa," he called to his sister who happened to be the unfortunate family member within shouting range, "Can you help me please? I think there's a bur stuck on my back."

There probably wasn't. But if there was he couldn't bear the thought of Naani seeing him in such disarray.

Lethrossen
Ebere is talking to me, so I started this for us