Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:31 am
Prentice RP: Not Far from the Tree

Ko and Kaleth

In a frightening display of unbridled violence, Ko finally learns for himself first hand why so many of Kaleth's classmates are afraid of him.

Link

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:25 am
Prentice Solo: The Dragon's Secret

Ko overhears a conversation between a girl in one of his classes, and her boyfriend. When it looks like encounter has left her feeling distressed, Ko takes it upon himself to try to cheer her up with a fresh perspective.

Bookbag in hand and a fresh spot of water on the front of his jacket, Ko emerged from the communal bathroom, flicking his hands to help dry them off. Patting them a few times on his pants helped do the trick. And then he was off to his next class, rounding the corner into the main hallway-

“I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this: it's just a party. You should be grateful that we even got invited. Well, I did, but you know you're my plus one.”

A boy and girl were standing together off to the side, half covered by the pillar she was backed up against. Holding her books to her chest, the girl frowned, shifting their weight around in her arms.

“Yeah, but…it's on a school night, I have a test the next morning. You do too. And I don't really know anyone there, they don't talk to me during class. They don't talk to you either.”

The boy bristled, crossing his arms. “I've talked to them. They're…just...aloof, in a cool way, okay? You do know Corvahnt is one of the most loaded kids in this garbage school, right? The fact that he even thought of me at all is a really big deal.”

“Yeah, no, I wasn't...saying that it wasn't,” she stammered, touching his arm. “I just think it might not be the best idea to go to this particular party-”

“Why are you fighting me on this? I just really want you to go with me?!”

Ko blinked where had stood, slowly side stepping out of the hallway until he was behind the corner again. Was there another way to his classroom? This was his preferred route, since it took you past the lilies, and they were always so colorful at this time of day, but maybe he'd have to take the normal one instead-

“Should I just invite Tinittia instead? She seems to like hanging out with me.”

“No, babe, you don't need to!” She squawked, panic rising in her tone. “You know I love it when we spend time together, it means the world to me! I'll come, don't worry!”

He rolled his shoulders, huffing loudly. “Alright. You'll have fun, it'll be good for you to step away from all those plants and spend some time with real people. It's weird how much time you spend alone there, you know our classmates talk about that, right?”

She flushed, tucking a curl behind her ear. “I…I'm sorry? I just...Professor Varis made me president of the botany club, I have to make sure the place is in order-”

“Whatever,” he said, waving his hand. “It's fine, I don't care. Have fun with your roots and dirt. Just make sure your fingernails are clean when we go to the party, these people are fancy. And…” He leaned in closer, hovering over her. “Make sure you bring the notebook.”

Ko's ears practically burned as he strained to listen, embarrassed for eavesdropping, guilty, but unable to move his feet away from the spot on the stones.

“Ah, y-yes, that…” she stuttered, speaking in a hushed tone. “It's under my mattress right now. But…I don't know Everett. I'm not sure about this. It feels…dirty. This is cheating. If someone says anything, we will all be in huge trouble, me most of all-”

He placed a finger over her lips, whispering. “No one will. It's only cheating if you get caught.” He sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Look, Lori, you're probably the smartest girl I know. You spent a long time writing that all down. Don't you want some kind of payoff for all that hard work?”

Reaching, he ran a hand across her cheek, cupping her ear as he leaned even closer. “I just want everyone else to see how smart you are too. You're special. So many people will appreciate this: you'll be like a goddess to them…” He kissed her cheekbone lightly. “To me. Don't you want that?”

Looking light headed, she keened in her throat, knees weak. “Y-yes, that…sounds amazing. I’ll bring the book.”

With a grin, he pulled away, brushing hair behind her ear. “Perfect. I'll be waiting at the usual spot at nine. It will be fun, you'll see.” Frowning, he twisted a lock of hair between his fingers, letting it go. “And do something with your hair; it's looking more frizzy than usual. It's making you look fatter.” He cocked an eyebrow. “Or have you just gained weight?”

Flushing scarlet, she looked down at herself, eyes wide. “Um, I…I don't know? Maybe?” She tugged at the hem of her jacket, fidgeting with it. “This has been a bit tighter lately, but I didn't think it was noticeable…”

Humming skeptically, he reached, tugging at a button on the taught fabric. “No, it's totally noticeable. But it looks like…” His humming grew more appreciative as he popped it open. “Your tits got bigger. s**t...that's hot. You should wear a low neckline for the party, show them off.”

If it was even possible, she blushed darker. “O-oh? They did? I guess that, yeah…they have, I just didn't really notice. I don't usually…show my chest though…”

“Well, now you do. It's sexy,” he stated, giving her breast a squeeze as he pulled his hand away. “But you should still keep an eye on your weight,your belly is getting chunky. I heard that eating a diet of just blue crab protein makes you lose fat everywhere but your chest. You should research that, you're good at that sort of thing.”

She glanced to the side, holding her books tighter. “Yeah…I'll do that. Thanks.”

“Nice.” He gave her breasts one more appreciative look, and picked his book bag off the floor, slinging it over his shoulder. “See you then. Don't forget the notebook.” He turned to leave, and almost as an afterthought, kissed her cheek. “Bye Lori.”

With that out of the way, he walked off to his class.

“Bye Everett.”

She watched him as he passed out of sight, immobile herself as she leaned her weight against the pillar. With a heavy sigh, she let the books drop down to her navel, looking down at her feet.

Ko waited where he stood for the telltale sign of footsteps so that he could make a gracious retreat. But, none came. It was quiet save for the wind in the leaves and the distant chatter of teenagers. He bit his lip, tapping at the wall.

Maybe he just hadn't heard her leave? He peeked around the corner.

She was still there.

His immediate impulse was to pull his head back into hiding, like a rabbit afraid of getting caught. But again, there seemed to be no signs of life coming from the girl. He couldn't wait here forever. Taking a breath, he rounded the corner, walking as nonchalantly as he could manage. And all seemed to be going well, she wasn't even looking at him as he passed, but-

Ko stopped, clearing his throat. “Uh...miss?”

Her head whipped up, the mass of curls bouncing erratically.

“You've uh…your…” He pointed, motioning at his uniform. “Your chest is showing.”

Just as quickly, her head whipped down to look at the hole in the center of her jacket, where her pale skin was exposed: cleavage, the edge of her bralet, and all. Practically choking on her tongue, she hastily tried to do the button back up, struggling with the taught fabric stretched over the larger mass it was not designed to contain.

“Careful!!” Ko chirped, dropping his bookbag as he dove to try to catch the books that came tumbling out of her arms. Which was met with mediocre results, as he really only caught two, the others smacking against the floor and onto his head. The girl gasped, covering her mouth as she looked down on the carnage of the accident.

“OH GODS I'M SO SORRY!” she said, kneeling down to hover over the wreckage. “Are you hurt? Is it bad?”

Ko sat back, rubbing at the point of contact on the back of his head. “No, I don't think so, I've had way worse fall on my noggin. It takes a lot more than one book to crack this egg!” He rapped a knuckle against his skull for emphasis, wincing as he tapped the tender spot.

The girl continued to look concerned, however reassuring Ko's statement was meant to be. “I'm sorry, I'm such an idiot. Books fall when you drop them, that's how it works.” She reached, picking up the three that had evaded Ko's arms. “Thanks for trying anyways. And for…” She hugged them to her chest, blushing. “...you know. I've been so spacey lately. I didn't even notice.”

Ko waved it off, smiling. “Don't worry about it, sometimes I forget that my hands even exist! I am the king of the clouds, I spend waaay too much time up there!” He handed the books back to her, tipping his head. “You know, a bunch of my sisters have all had to deal with that, all the time. Especially Adelia, she's got the same build as my mum. It can be really annoying, so I've heard anyways.”

“Oh,” she said, taking the books as she added them to the stack. “Yeah. It's been…a bit much. To...make it work.” She glanced down at her toes. “My mother definitely does not have the same...build.”

“A pin.”

She blinked, taken aback. “What?”

Ko gestured to his own chest, where the problem button was. “Wear a pin. That's what my mum has always told my sisters. Right where it wants to stretch, wear a small pin, the flattest, smallest one you have. If you put it on in the inside of your shirt, instead of the outside, it will close the gap, and no one can even tell it's there. And just like that!” He clapped his hands, wiggling his fingers. “No more misbehaving shirts! Puts them in their place, every time.”

“That's…actually…” She pursed her lips, perplexed. “Very helpful. I wouldn't have thought of that. I was just going to start wearing giant scarves or something. Thank you.”

“You are very welcome.” Ko held a finger up to his lips, whispering coily. “And then, it's like you have your own piece of treasure that only you know about. So you always feel like a fancy dragon, with its heart stone hidden behind its suit of scales.”

He winked, tapping his own chest with a grin. “I sometimes like to wear one too, it makes me feel like I have a special little secret: my armor over my heart.”

The girl's eyebrows rose, covering her lips as she chortled lightly. “My, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day! I will wear my little treasure with pride then, and only you and I will know about the dragon's secret.” The light in her eyes faded as she dropped her hand away, brow troubled once again. “I wish I had some armor for my heart, it's been hurting quite a lot lately…”

Ko sat back on his haunches, arms resting over his knees. He quirked his head, frowning. “He's wrong you know.”

She looked up with a start. “What?”

“Your hair doesn't make you look fat at all. You look very healthy, and I think the volume is a lot of fun. It's like a pretty bouquet of lavender on your head, and smells just as nice.”

The girl’s mouth dropped in disbelief. “W-what?” Her cheeks turned rosy as she covered her face with her books, sputtering. “Thanks, but, I'm…It's not…my hair is a mess and none of my clothes fit anymore because I'm fat now, and my nose is too big, a-and there's weird lines on my thighs and zits on my back and oh gods you didn't need to know that why did I tell you that!?” She mewled plaintively in embarrassment in her throat, drowning in all of it.

For his part, Ko only seemed to look surprised that she was so frazzled by what he had said, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. “I'm sorry, was that weird? I just thought…you're really pretty…and you surely had to know, but…I...guess not?” He touched his toes together, tapping them against the stonework.

“I'm sorry, I kinda just say whatever is on my mind, I don't really have a filter! And pretty girls make me kinda frazzled, you guys are like…a really complicated painting that I'm just not smart enough to understand…and I just give really cruddy reviews that don't do it justice.” He stalled his toes, leaning back as he waved his hands. “I'm sorry, I'm rambling! Just ignore me!”

With red ears poking out of her tumultuous hair, she peaked over the books in her hands, stumbling over any coherent thoughts. “You're…the weirdest boy I've ever met? Who says that kind of stuff? It's like…where have you been living this whole time? On an island in the sky?”

Now it was Ko's turn to blush, pushing his hair back. “I know, I'm sorry, that was weird! I don't know you, you don't know me, that was very forward, and maybe out of line? I'm not really sure, since it was the truth…and I thought it was a compliment, but maybe girls don't like getting their hair compared to flowers?”

The girl pushed a curl over her ear, glancing away. “Actually…it was really nice. I think lots more girls would like it if more boys did that too. I just…I guess I haven't ever thought of it myself, and you…caught me off guard…since I'm not pretty.”

Ko squinted, confused. “But you are.”

She turned her head, shoulders hunched. “No I'm not. I'm awkward and chubby and pale and I spend way too much time around plants and there are so many other beautiful girls in this school!”

He frowned, raising an eyebrow. “Yeah, there are lots of really beautiful girls here. You're all growing up and doing your best at it, and I think you're all doing a marvelous job. Being a girl seems like it's really hard. But just because one flower doesn't look identical to another, doesn't stop it from catching people's eye.” He smiled, shrugging his shoulders. “Can't you all just be pretty, together?”

Her mouth hung open, speechless beyond embarrassment, into a whole other realm of feelings that she had no clue what to do with. “Are…are you for real?”

Ko blinked, looking down at himself. “I…I think I am, yes? I haven't really looked into it recently, my monthly test isn't until next week. And so far, I seem to have passed each of them, though there was that one time when I was seven that I seriously doubted my conclusion. Though that might have had something to do with the fact that Ezu and Uzi were painting wax onto my hands every night. Let me tell you, that had me very concerned, I thought for sure I was turning into a giant wax doll!”

It was the girl's turn to blink emptily back at him, books long forgotten in her arms. Suddenly, she started laughing, a hearty chorus of gasps and snorting that rang up from her belly. Ko giggled back, more than a little confused, but happy that she seemed to have cheered up. Wiping at her eyes, she covered her face, smiling ear to ear.

“You're crazy. Absolutely insane.”

Ko tipped his head, stretching his lopsided grin across his freckled cheeks. “Yeah, that's what I've been told.”

She spread her fingers, revealing her own pearly smile. “I think I could get used to crazy.”

Her hand came forward, dirty fingernails and all. “My name's Lori.”

With a warm bloom in his chest, Ko took her hand, giving it a solid, hearty shake.

“I'm Ko. Let's get you to class, Miss Lori.”

[Word Count: 2,654]  

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:15 am
Prentice Solo: Crazy About You

In a spirited show of bravery, Lori confesses to Ko that she likes him as more than a friend. Ko is completely flabbergasted, but when she asks him to be her boyfriend, he readily says yes.

“Hey Ko.”

Looking up from the book in his lap, he squinted into the sunlight, trying to make out who was talking to him.

“Oh, hi Lori! And hello, Lori's friend!”

The two girls stood together, bags over their shoulders as they walked across the grass towards where Ko sat. This was one of the places he liked to read: less people walked down to this part of the school, it was too out of the way. Which made it nice and quiet, with few distractions. Besides, the sun was warm and the flowers were in bloom, why would anyone choose to study inside?

“Hello Ko,” the other girl said, smiling to herself. “It's Mae, in case you forgot.”

Ko flushed, mouth drawn into a neutral line: he had forgotten.

“Don't worry about it,” she said, waving her hand dismissively. “There are too many different faces in this school to try to remember them all anyways.”

Puffing a bit, Ko closed his book, sitting up from his relaxed lounging against a tree. “No, I wouldn't forget your face, it doesn't blend in at all; not with how red your lips are, it's like you kiss an apple every morning, and it leaves a little bit of itself behind every time. It's just names I have a hard time with, but I'm gonna keep trying, don't stop reminding me!”

The girl's eyebrows rose, smirking. “My head might swell up with that kind of talk. I'm surprised you don't have more girls making goo-goo eyes at you, besides this one right here-”

Gasping, Lori jabbed her elbow into Mae's side, face red. “WOW WHAT ABOUT THAT THING YOU HAD TO GET TO?”

The other girl winced, swatting Lori's hand away as she rubbed where bone had poked her rib cage. “Ow, jeez girl, you're going to kill someone with that thing one day. But I get the message, I'll go and leave you to it then.”

“W-what message? I'm just reminding you about your thing, that's all,” Lori sputtered, shooting her friend a scathing look.

Hands up-raised in defeat, Mae backed away, grinning. “Yes yes, that's right, how could I have forgotten? Thank you, oh wise and noble friend.” With a curtsey, she winked, whispering. “Don't choke, or I just might scoop him up instead~”

Lori wasn't even able to say anything, her cheeks were so flushed.

Snickering quietly, the girl turned and left, a skip in her step as she whistled a jaunty tune.

Ko watched her go, waving cheerily. “I like her. She's dramatic, reminds me of my sister. You know, the one with the short hair?”

Finding her voice again, Lori nodded, adjusting the bag over her shoulder. “Yeah, I guess she does seem a bit like Viika. They're both very…confident.”

Ko's eyebrows rose, surprised. “You remembered her name? I'm surprised, you only met her twice, and I've got so many siblings!”

“Well…I always have a good time whenever you invite me to hang out with your family. It's nice, since my sister and I don't get along very well, it's like getting five more,” she said, glancing down at her shoes. “And besides…I want to learn about each one of them. They're important to you, so they're important to me…”

Ko grinned, clapping his hands together. “I'm so glad you like them, they all like you very much as well! Embryelle has made a point of saying that you're too good to be with me, but she's a sour puss, so I try to ignore her when she's like that. Adellia absolutely adores you, she said you can borrow any of her dresses any time you like!”

Blushing once again, she tucked some hair behind her ear, mumbling. “Thanks…I might take her up on that. She's got lovely taste; very conservative, but beautiful, all the same.”

“Oh, your hair!”

Lori jumped, halting the path of her fingers.

“It's different, it's it?” Ko chirped, tilting his chin. “You don't usually wear it up and out of your face like that. It looks really good, you can see your eyes much better now!”

She smiled, fiddling with a stray curl at her neckline. “Yeah, thanks, I'm glad you noticed. I bought some new ribbons, and I thought…I wanted to try something different. Since today…” She took a deep breath, setting her shoulders. “Is a big day.”

Ko blinked, tipping his head curiously. “Oh, is it? What's the big news, tell me!”

Lori nodded, sitting down next to him in the dappled shade under the tree. She set her bag aside, smoothing out the long skirts that draped around her ankles. “Well, today…I broke up with Everett. It's been a long time coming. I've had enough of his attitude, and the way he treats me. It happened this morning.”

“What, really??” Ko gasped, hands at either sides of his cheeks. “That's…wow, you know what, good for you Lori! To be honest, I never really liked him. He was kind of a jerk.”

She laughed, curling her fingers in the grass. “Yeah, he is. And it took far too long for me to realize that. I think…I've just been stuck on the way things used to be. He was such a nice boy, so quiet, so gentle. You know…he was the first boy to ever ask me out. I've had a crush on him since we were six.” Her brow furrowed, frowning. “But he's not like that anymore. And I don't need to settle for the first boy who shows interest in me. I'm better than that.”

“Heck yeah you are!” Ko said, pumping his fist in the air. “You're such a great girl, so smart, and kind, and pretty, you should go after any guy you want and he'd be lucky to have you!”

Color climbed her cheeks again. “Thanks, Ko. I think…I've been a lot more confident lately. In myself, and my strengths, and even my weaknesses. And…I've got you to thank for that. Ever since you came along, things have gotten better in my life.”

Now it was Ko's turn to blush, waving his hands in a fluster. “What, no, me? I haven't done anything!”

“But you have!” she insisted, turning to face him. “You're the nicest boy I know, you never say anything mean about anyone ever! But more than that, you're honest with how you feel, and that openness is just…so damn refreshing! I'm tired of boys trying to manipulate me to get what they want!”

His face grew ten shades darker, covering up the heat radiating off his cheeks with his fingers. “L-Lori! Stop, I'm gonna die!”

“No, see, this is what you do to me all the damn time! You say whatever is on your mind, no matter how much it makes me blush, no matter how crazy it sounds! And no one has ever done that to me before, no one! That's why-”

She grabbed Ko's hands, pulling them away from his face as she shut her eyes. “I REALLY WANT TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!”

You could practically hear Ko's brain exploding through his ears, eyes wide as saucers as he gawked at the girl in front of him. “What?! Me?!

“Yes, you! You, and all of your nonsense, your cute little nose that wrinkles when you laugh, your freckles like a starlit sky over the open ocean! You make me crazy, and I don't think I can just be friends anymore, because I really really like you!” She poured her heart out, keeping her eyes shut, lest she lose the nerve to say what had been on her mind for a long time now.

“A-are you sure?” Ko stammered, palms clammy in her hands. “You don't mean someone else? I've never been a boyfriend, or had a girlfriend, I'm probably terrible at it!”

“No, anything you do will be perfect, so long as you keep being you,” she stated, opening her eyes to stare him down, fiery determination pouring out of them. “If you feel as happy as I do whenever we're together, please just say yes!”

Too many thoughts were racing through his mind, clogging the avenues as they tried to force their way to the front of his attention. Lori wasn't wrong: he did enjoy being around her. He liked her a lot. They got along so well, and even he had noticed how she had really come out of her shell over the past few months. She was becoming a lovely young woman, both inward and outward. And if you were happy with a girl, and looked forward to seeing her, didn't that mean you were meant to be together?

“Y-yes!” he said, nodding furiously. “Yes, let's give this a shot, let's be boyfriend and girlfriend!”

She practically squealed in excitement, stars in her eyes. “You mean it?!” Throwing her arms over his shoulders, she practically jumped into Ko's lap, shaking from adrenaline and joy. “We're gonna be the cutest couple on campus!”

“Heck yeah I do!” He squawked, laughing half out of amusement and half from delirium as he hugged her back.

He never would have guessed this was where his day was headed, but holding someone he cared about was always a good place to end up.

[Word Count: 1,540]  
◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces