Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
Kadaj x Cloud Gaia Weddin [Closed] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:52 pm
Swords and Hair Gel
Tonight, either at midnight or just after everyone leaves, I'm gonna lock this thread with my vice captain powers to signal that the event is over.

It gave me an idea though to do other events, something more open than a wedding, like for Halloween and Christmas. And this time actually plan ahead lol, which is why I'm bringing it up now, lol.

Kind of like the events that Gaia does and how when the event is over, the thread is locked. I think it helps make the event more special, more "I better go do that before it ends!" sort of thing. And since Kadaj is saving screenshots of everyone who visits, it needs to end/be locked here or he'll be updating that front page forever. This way it matters that people showed up while the event was open. If you could just post in this thread forever, then there's no difference between the people who were actually here while the event was running and those that wander in next month. Kinda makes the appearance of everyone who showed up on time more special, if I'm making sense.

It think it would be neat to plan something for say, Halloween, and have everyone throw on costumes and take screenshots of what everyone dressed up as for the front page, and have more number-rolling events. And for the RP factor, could do Halloween pranks and ghost stories and maybe find a way to do trick-or-treating. Maybe if someone quotes you and trick-or-treats you, you have to either send them a gift/trade of some random cheapy item or let them prank you. Or maybe involve a number roll, like a coin flip/roll between 1 and 2 to see if you got a treat or a trick. That might be fun.

And for Christmas maybe do some kind of gift giveaway or an avatar dressup with screenshots and whatever. Since there's a lot of time left before we get that far there's plenty of time to think of stuff.

And then have the event for Halloween last a week and end on Halloween night. For Christmas, I would start with December 1 and have it run until New Year's Day, then shut it down.

Then people can say "Hey I participated in that!" since it's locked and you can't just go post whatever a year later.

And we could do events for birthdays and other people's weddings or anniversaries and other holidays, etc, if someone had an idea for something and wanted to plan it out.

Then maybe make a subforum for all the old event threads that are closed, and make sort of like a scrapbook kinda of thing, a section dedicated to old guild events. I like special, unusual stuff that's out of the ordinary and has an ending, so it's not just another general thread where everyone posts regularly forever.

I used to love dressing up my avatar for halloween with all the dumb costume items in barton shop that u normally would never buy, and i always liked decorating my house with the new christmas lights items at christmas. we could do like a house decorating compeition and everyone take screenshots of their christmas lights and then have like, everybody votes for a winner and then also do a random roll for the winner so u got 2 shots at winning

and maybe also have a competition for best halloween costume and best christmas avatar, and have once with votiing and again with random number so u got 2 shots

could also do artwork /writing competition things if ppl were interested in doing that, like have at least 3 ppl enter, if there's ppl who like to draw/write around here...

maybe we should make a new thread, since this one is gonna close, that is dedicated to tossing around ideas for future events?? and use that one for posting all ideas and plans

also thinking of maybe making a new hangout thread, like other than my bonfire one, cuz i didn't really expect ppl to post so much in that one o.o it was really just at the time just to get u to post something lololol

maybe make one with like, more of a setting, like maybe some pictures and stuff.... maybe even on the front page, keep a record of stuff that's been happening, i donno....

but yeh, need more like, fun stuff to DO and not just 'here's a guild, post random stuff' u know like have like yeh....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:54 pm
Little Kadaj
Roxafox
roxy i just grabbed ur orca booty heart

I thought you said you grabbed his crotch and I was about to have an issue with that, lmao.

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:56 pm
Little Kadaj
Swords and Hair Gel
Tonight, either at midnight or just after everyone leaves, I'm gonna lock this thread with my vice captain powers to signal that the event is over.

It gave me an idea though to do other events, something more open than a wedding, like for Halloween and Christmas. And this time actually plan ahead lol, which is why I'm bringing it up now, lol.

Kind of like the events that Gaia does and how when the event is over, the thread is locked. I think it helps make the event more special, more "I better go do that before it ends!" sort of thing. And since Kadaj is saving screenshots of everyone who visits, it needs to end/be locked here or he'll be updating that front page forever. This way it matters that people showed up while the event was open. If you could just post in this thread forever, then there's no difference between the people who were actually here while the event was running and those that wander in next month. Kinda makes the appearance of everyone who showed up on time more special, if I'm making sense.

It think it would be neat to plan something for say, Halloween, and have everyone throw on costumes and take screenshots of what everyone dressed up as for the front page, and have more number-rolling events. And for the RP factor, could do Halloween pranks and ghost stories and maybe find a way to do trick-or-treating. Maybe if someone quotes you and trick-or-treats you, you have to either send them a gift/trade of some random cheapy item or let them prank you. Or maybe involve a number roll, like a coin flip/roll between 1 and 2 to see if you got a treat or a trick. That might be fun.

And for Christmas maybe do some kind of gift giveaway or an avatar dressup with screenshots and whatever. Since there's a lot of time left before we get that far there's plenty of time to think of stuff.

And then have the event for Halloween last a week and end on Halloween night. For Christmas, I would start with December 1 and have it run until New Year's Day, then shut it down.

Then people can say "Hey I participated in that!" since it's locked and you can't just go post whatever a year later.

And we could do events for birthdays and other people's weddings or anniversaries and other holidays, etc, if someone had an idea for something and wanted to plan it out.

Then maybe make a subforum for all the old event threads that are closed, and make sort of like a scrapbook kinda of thing, a section dedicated to old guild events. I like special, unusual stuff that's out of the ordinary and has an ending, so it's not just another general thread where everyone posts regularly forever.

I used to love dressing up my avatar for halloween with all the dumb costume items in barton shop that u normally would never buy, and i always liked decorating my house with the new christmas lights items at christmas. we could do like a house decorating compeition and everyone take screenshots of their christmas lights and then have like, everybody votes for a winner and then also do a random roll for the winner so u got 2 shots at winning

and maybe also have a competition for best halloween costume and best christmas avatar, and have once with votiing and again with random number so u got 2 shots

could also do artwork /writing competition things if ppl were interested in doing that, like have at least 3 ppl enter, if there's ppl who like to draw/write around here...

maybe we should make a new thread, since this one is gonna close, that is dedicated to tossing around ideas for future events?? and use that one for posting all ideas and plans

also thinking of maybe making a new hangout thread, like other than my bonfire one, cuz i didn't really expect ppl to post so much in that one o.o it was really just at the time just to get u to post something lololol

maybe make one with like, more of a setting, like maybe some pictures and stuff.... maybe even on the front page, keep a record of stuff that's been happening, i donno....

but yeh, need more like, fun stuff to DO and not just 'here's a guild, post random stuff' u know like have like yeh....

I'll set up the event-planning thread, you do the new hangout thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Swords and Hair Gel

I like these ideas, however going to point out a liiiiiittle flaw with the timing of the guild events.
We need to catch people BEFORE the gaia events start, otherwise they'll be too busy doing those and no in here paying attention to us. -nod- Trust me on that. Remember what I told you I did as a side job on gaia in PM? -cough- Shh. Yeah.

We can do all that. Hell, we can even make a summer event up right now because why the ******** not? It'll give us something to do, maybe get more people interested in the guild which will get them interested in other things later on. While, my prizes aren't for s**t, I'll still keep farming kins on a mule account that I started on Kins with, and funneling s**t over. So if no one minds rehashed RIGS, s'all good. We can do beach wear, summer wear avatar contests. If anyone wants to try their hand at 'in character arting' aka, draw someone else as if you were Cloud, or whatever character you are. Would they draw a stick figure? Etc....

For X-mas, starting Dec 1st is good, would have it possibly end right before Gaia's x-mas event though, just a thought.

Halloween again, maybe run Oct 1st and run until gaia event. Could do avatar dress up themes and contests through out each day / week. If you really want to make it a challenge, try to maintain the character aspect while in a costume.

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:24 pm
Swords and Hair Gel
TurkReno
Roxafox
TurkReno
Roxafox

sweatdrop thanks, lol. to be honest I never thought he seemed Scottish in FF7, but AC/Dirge made a thing out of it so... sweatdrop feels like the old FF7 just directly translated everything in a rush (all those typos lol!) and then AC/Dirge did that thing where the dub adds in their own twist, because I can't imagine Japenese voice actors trying to pull off a Scottish accent/slang fffff

I actually had a site open in a side tab for "Scottish insults" and that was fun xD

I'm with you on this, he never seemed scottish to me. His character origins might be of scottish lore, but, the character most definitely not. Was kinda eeeeh at the whole accent thing he does and still am. And knowing that he's actually Reeve who would realistically be in a secret booth in the shinra building controlling this thing and using him to talk to the party through, it really seems off on Cait. But that's me. -nod-

However I do think you pulled it off well. XD

hahahaha xD

I think Cait Sith has AI though. there are some points where it looks like Reeve uses him to talk to the others directly. I remember a part of "lately they don't call me to no more meetings, I reckon they know I've been helping ya" or something but he does have a mind of his own though since when he sacrifices himself he says "Don't forget me" and such.

maybe the remake will clear this up, like have it switch from Cait's voice to Reeve's voice when he's using him as a long-distance speaker. lol speaker, literally, but also as in---- cough anyway

i kinda liked his sacrifice, like it made up for betraying them, and was pretty noble and all cuz it spared them all. it just kinda got underhanded by the fact a new one shows up immediately and they didn't really make the new one be different. like if they'd had the first one with a specific personality, then another comes and acts completely different, etc. but it's also kinda funny to have all of them be the same and the one in Dirge I think introduces itself as number SIX? xD it's like wow Reeve kinda rough on your robots if you're up to the sixth model, lol

I think he's interesting. most people say he's just annoying and how they got mad at him for betraying him but I thought he was kinda neat. it keeps describing him as "stuffed" and then has marlene cuddling him in AC so I kinda imagine him as this fluffy soft stuffed animal walking around and that just sounds so cute, lol

In DOC it seems he's more AI oriented, in the original though it was more or less Reeve controlling him.
Quote:
Reeve doesn't reveal his identity to the party, although he admits working for Shinra. During the time Professor Hojo plans to use the Sister Ray to help Sephiroth by giving him an energy boost, Reeve contacts the party via the Cait Sith, and during the event is arrested by Scarlet and Heidegger, who, believing Rufus Shinra, the current president of the company, to be dead, decide to take matters in their own hands. Reeve's cover is blown and the party become aware of Cait Sith's "true" identity. It is unknown what happens to Reeve, but him being arrested does not hamper his ability to give orders to Cait Sith.

Before descending to the Northern Cave Cloud asks everyone to find a reason for fighting. Cait Sith goes mute and unresponsive as if being "switched off", but as the party gather together the following day it comes to life, and Reeve joins the party via Cait Sith for the final battle. Reeve is freed and evacuates the people of Midgar to the Midgar Slums to shield them from the oncoming Meteor impact. At some point before the final battle he also delivers the news of Aeris's death to Elmyra Gainsborough.

Hope they keep him riding the mog in the remake.

The quick switch in and out seemed a little far fetched in 7, you'd think later on after his sacrifice he'd be MIA until another could be delivered and another party member would have to be PHS'd in. But I like the fact he came right back. Especially because he's always in my party.

Maybe too many people caught a cat looking up their cape at their a**? Vincent's target practice? =O

Yes, stuffed. In the original description of him he was: "Toysaurus" Which is translated to a beastmaster, but looks damn close to: "toy-a-saur-us" which makes me think every time of 'giant stuffed animal'.

I've always liked the character and appreciated the fact that they kept him in the game instead of removing him.

He just pointed out that scene where he says "Don't forget me even if another Caith Sith comes along" and there would be no reason for Reeve to say that through remote control unless Reeve has some real issues. And the new Cait Sith says "I'm number 2, what did I miss?" which again, no reason for Reeve to say that unless he's getting really carried away with the roleplaying since everyone knows who he really is by then and he doesn't have to pretend the cat isn't him.

Anyway, I thought Toysaurus was deliberately a joke reference to Toys-R-Us.

There was a toy store in Xenosaga but I can't remember the name... Wait, it might have been Toys Universe. That was probably it... I thought both games used the same name but maybe not. You're supposed to go back to it later for some such something side quest and I always forgot the name of the place and just looked for the big star instead, lol.

Which is where the more or less part comes in. Reeve was also locked up too in one part of the game, but yet cait was still there moving. It's been noted that Reeve somehow mentally controls cait, and cait controls the mog. No one claimed mass consistency was happening through out the game / dialogue when it came to cait / reeve.

Though as for 'I'm 2 what did I miss' it can be taken also as a tongue in cheek joke too. 1 just died, 2 appears 5 seconds after the first one dies off. Which means, Shinra has really express shipping on their packages? >P Or magic teleportation.

Anyway cait 1 not gone 5 seconds and the other shows up, bouncing in, along the lines of 'I'm back! I miss anything?' However he can't directly say 'i'm back' he says I'm #2, because he's a back up of the first, which leads people to believe there is now a warehouse full of caits somewhere. Or reeve has a big closet. And asking if he missed anything while he was away / coming to rejoin the group, even if it's not the same body and he was only gone 5 seconds....

Depends how you look at it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:25 pm
Little Kadaj
um are u guys really arguing about whether or not a fictional robotic cat is self-aware....?

...Arguing? Wouldn't say so, no. Debating / lengthy discussion, yes.  

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:33 pm
Event planning thread:
]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25157647

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:44 pm
TurkReno
I like these ideas, however going to point out a liiiiiittle flaw with the timing of the guild events.
We need to catch people BEFORE the gaia events start, otherwise they'll be too busy doing those and no in here paying attention to us. -nod- Trust me on that. Remember what I told you I did as a side job on gaia in PM? -cough- Shh. Yeah.

We can do all that. Hell, we can even make a summer event up right now because why the ******** not? It'll give us something to do, maybe get more people interested in the guild which will get them interested in other things later on. While, my prizes aren't for s**t, I'll still keep farming kins on a mule account that I started on Kins with, and funneling s**t over. So if no one minds rehashed RIGS, s'all good. We can do beach wear, summer wear avatar contests. If anyone wants to try their hand at 'in character arting' aka, draw someone else as if you were Cloud, or whatever character you are. Would they draw a stick figure? Etc....

For X-mas, starting Dec 1st is good, would have it possibly end right before Gaia's x-mas event though, just a thought.

Halloween again, maybe run Oct 1st and run until gaia event. Could do avatar dress up themes and contests through out each day / week. If you really want to make it a challenge, try to maintain the character aspect while in a costume.

I put a note that the guild events could possibly be merged with whatever the main Gaia event is, like compete to see who gets the special items first or the most of them, team up for the zOMG events, etc.

I don't want to have it completely revolve around Gaia's events though up to the point of ending when the Gaia event starts, etc, for the people who don't care about the main Gaia event. For me it depends on what they're doing. I don't care for the thing where you just click around forums all day looking for the stickers to click on and I don't do zOMG anymore. Anyone who doesn't care about those events, or started early and is already bored, etc, may want something else to do. It depends on when the Gaia event actually starts, too. The event items are only high in value at the beginning so I usually only bother for the first day or so, if I do it. I don't remember if Gaia's events begin before the holiday or on the day of the holiday but I don't want to have our event end and then not care about the Gaia event and just sit around with nothing to do.

Anyway having the major ones open for a long time would be good regardless, to give everyone time to do something if they wanted. But I don't expect any of them to be super duper popular and I'm not gonna worry a lot about "Well only ___ people came..." because I think that's inevitable regardless of what Gaia's doing.

I did forget to write in the thing about the art contest and a summer event is a good idea.

I wonder how frequent they should be, like how long to wait after one event before starting up another one, etc.

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:48 pm
TurkReno
Little Kadaj
um are u guys really arguing about whether or not a fictional robotic cat is self-aware....?

Disagreeing = arguing to me and I've lost interest because I'm getting pissed off. He has to avoid things that make him depressed, I have to avoid s**t that pisses me off. Debates/discussions are typically not something I can handle emotionally and I'm fine with just admitting that. Some people are in wheelchairs, some people are deaf, I get pissed off easily.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:51 pm
TurkReno
Little Kadaj

lolol cloudy doesn't debate or discuss, u either agree with him or u make him angry, those are the only two options rofl  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Little Kadaj
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:52 pm
Swords and Hair Gel
TurkReno
Little Kadaj

Disagreeing = arguing to me and I've lost interest because I'm getting pissed off. He has to avoid things that make him depressed, I have to avoid s**t that pisses me off. Debates/discussions are typically not something I can handle emotionally and I'm fine with just admitting that. Some people are in wheelchairs, some people are deaf, I get pissed off easily.
shhhhh there there gosh calm dowwwwnnn is k..... its just...cait sith... rofl lmao *pat pat* shhhh heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:01 pm
TurkReno
Swords and Hair Gel

it seems to me like there's really only like 5 ppl active in the guild so all that really matters is a date/time that us 5 people are happy with rofl

some ppl will join a guild and just forget about it, and others will join because they wanna do stuff. the ppl who wanna do stuff will come cuz they wanna. the rest whatever, no point trying to get them to come if they don't wanna and will only do it if u give them 50 billion gold as a prize or something...

so really just need to plan ahead for the ppl who are interested in doing it, and work out times that fit everyone who's actually gonna come, i think...  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:02 pm
Little Kadaj
TurkReno
Little Kadaj

lolol cloudy doesn't debate or discuss, u either agree with him or u make him angry, those are the only two options rofl

stare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:11 pm
Swords and Hair Gel
Little Kadaj
TurkReno
Little Kadaj

stare
*fluffs u and smooshes ur cheekies* is k big brother lololol rofl *feeds u marshmallows* heart  

Little Kadaj
Crew

Swords and Hair Gel
Vice Captain

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:20 pm
Little Kadaj
Swords and Hair Gel
Little Kadaj
TurkReno
Little Kadaj

stare
*fluffs u and smooshes ur cheekies* is k big brother lololol rofl *feeds u marshmallows* heart

Sorry. I can't help it. It just comes out of nowhere.

I don't seem to be having trouble with anxiety anymore but the anger thing is still there.

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff