Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:16 pm
As the liveliness of the feast had settled down, Ichta found herself grateful that she and hers were drawing less attention in favor of the new Queen and hers. While Ichta hadn't been able to recognize the young woman now thrust into a position of fun authority-in-training, she didn't envy her. Just the handful of people who had taken it upon themselves to drop and introduce themselves - whether favorably or disapprovingly - upon the new female Bluerider had been enough excitement for her.

But there are still so many more friends to meet and make, mine! Aurinkoth just brimmed with excitement, trailing along after the dark haired woman as she made her way from the gathering. Sometimes being in the bed of a dead volcano was worrying. But on a night like this, with the high peaks of rock above them, seeming to shield their privacy from the prying eyes of the rest of the world, it was calming.

It was a clear night and Ichta couldn't help but take a deep breath of the cool night air, stretching her hands out in front of her, wiggling her fingers, then stretching them up above her head.

Do you want to help me find the shapes in the stars, dear one? Ichta looked down to the blue who peered back up at her eagerly, eyes flecked purple with sheer adoration. She was certain the blue would have worshiped the ground she walked upon if he wasn't so busy looking up at her at all times. There are shapes in the lights in the sky? How fun! He keeled excitedly as Ichta sat in the now cooling sand of the bowl and laid back, the blue settling in next to her and resting his head on her belly.

See if Nadry and hers would like to join us. she added after a moment. She had offered it up to Nadry before the two had been visited, and the invitation still felt open to her. Aurinkoth shifted his head slightly as he began to feel out the somewhat familiar presence of his brother's mind.

Menankith? Ichtamine would like to know if you and yours would like to join us finding the shapes in the lights in the sky.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:52 pm
It had been a very, very long day.  This morning seemed a lifetime ago, and Nadry found herself exhausted in spite of their pre-Feast nap.  The tension going in, then the release of it, combined with the full belly Menankith had insisted she leave with, left her ready to curl up with him and forget the rest of the world for awhile, but while it was dark, it wasn't time for sleep quite yet.  She was pondering what to do with the time remaining in their evening when Menankith relayed Ichta's invitation via Aurinkoth.  Right.  They were going to go somewhere quiet and watch the sky... Such a long-ago promise, but a dear one.

We would like that very much,
the brown answered his clutchmate, imparting with the words the warmth His felt at being asked.

Tomorrow would begin a full turn of lessons, lessons and more lessons - interspersed, of course, with chores and caring for Menankith.  So much of what lay ahead was unknown, intimidating if she gave it any amount of thought, but as soon as the tiniest hint of worry crept in, he was always there to banish it and bolster her up again.  The feast had actually helped, unexpectedly and immensely.  There had been strange looks here and there, yes, but there had also been her friends, both those she had Stood with and a few new ones.  It was incredibly reassuring to know that if she and Menankith needed anything, they would have Illa and Fenrith to call on.  In an ideal world, such reassurances wouldn't have been necessary, but very little about their world was ideal...except that she was now a dragonrider.

We will change things, Menankith assured her, We will make the world better.

It wasn't long before they came upon the other pair, and Nadry swept her skirt forward before settling into a sit on the sand beside the other girl. "I'm glad you remembered.  I'm so tired it had nearly slipped my mind." She chuckled faintly and laid back, hands folded behind her head. "I didn't think I'd ever find myself looking forward to curfew."  Not that she had ever tried to get around it, or any other rule.

Brother, her bonded acknowledged with a thrum, curling up alongside her in such a way that also placed him in casual contact with Aurinkoth.

demon_pachabel
phone tag woo~

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:27 pm
As soon as Menankith had confirmed Nadry and he were coming, Aurinkoth turned his head so his nose was pointed towards his. They are coming, mine. He said cheerfully, his enthusiasm cutting through the small curtain of exhaustion that had wanted to settle in. She was tired, but for the first time in a long time, she was too excited to even try to sleep - not that it would help the dark, sleepless circles under her eyes. Perhaps she shouldn't have been avoiding sleep.

When Nadry approached, it was only the gentle warning of the blue settled against her alerting her to their presence that kept Ichta from jolting with surprise. Instead, the young woman was greeted with a smile as Ichta turned her head to look towards her and her handsome brown - Faranth. They must have looked like quite the pair. She'd heard someone make a passing comment that G'ran's lingering masculine presence was likely to blame since he'd been standing right by them.

Ichta had tried to not let her thoughts linger too long on him however. It was a new feeling to go with the rest, and when Aurinkoth had expressed his own confusion at it, she'd known it was best to not worry about figuring it out.

"It's been a long day, no matter how things turned out,," one hand idly stroked the neck of the blue settled against her as he lifted his head to bump it against the side of his brother's. "I was looking forward to this, even after having to feed two hungry bellies," though she couldn't help but feel like she'd eaten something slightly sour. Somehow, she suspected it was payback for the fruit she'd allowed Aurinkoth at the feast. But it wasn't crippling - she'd still sleep fine.

There was so much food! Did yours eat well? Did she make lots of new friends too? Aurinkoth asked eagerly.

"Curfew...man...I never thought I'd be so excited to have an excuse to wake up early in the morning." Would the newness of it wear off? Would she always feel this way? All of the feelings?

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:15 pm
"The longest day of my life, and I can't think of a better way to end it. This morning feels so far away." Life without Menankith had been...not horrible by any means, but not what it should have been. She had not been what she should have. Thoughts that had her resettling herself already, taking one hand from behind her head so that she could curl that arm under and around the brown's neck. As needy as they'd been told hatclings were, she felt as much if not moreso, bereft without a hand upon him.

Menankith returned the affectionate headbump from his brother, his eyes holding a pleasant blue. She did eat well, I made sure of it, he answered, And there were more new friends than she expected. It bodes well for the future. Our future.

"I know, right?" Nadry agreed, a soft laugh bubbling in the back of her throat. "They could wake us five times a night and I'd still be happy."

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:09 pm
Aurinkoth pulsed with enthusiasm at the positive response from Menankith, and that alone told Ichta that the dragons must have been talking about something good. Mine was met by a Bluerider. Her blue had fantastic taste! because while Aurinkoth wasn't going to be biased to the idea of female riders on a 'boy's' dragon, he was thrilled to know that his would have friends - and he in turn would get to make more friends with hopefully more shared interests than 'Ladies on a Man's Dragon: The Musical'.

"Right," Ichta agreed with a smile, stretching her free arm up above her head while Aurinkoth thrummed against her chest. He'd be a constant and familiar weight for a long time to come. "Sleep will be important in the long run, but for right now, I think I have enough to run off of for at least a week." Could one run off of sunshine? Solar power was definitely a way she could go.

"I'm glad we got to stand together."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:22 pm
Mine met a bluerider as well, who is the mother of Basanuth's. And we met Fenrith and His. They will be valuable allies. And perhaps, in Illa, Nadry would find a mentor, and a clear and indisputable example that, unlike what she had been told for so long, women could be strong, and whatever else they wished to be. He wasn't simply reinforcing a head-in-the-clouds daydream: it could and would be done, in time.

"A week, huh? I think I'd be lucky to make it two more candlemarks." Nadry turned her head to place a kiss against Menankith's soft hide. He was a steady presence, bolstering and constant, but she could tell that even he was tired...or was it that he was tired because she was? It was difficult to distinguish, but most likely a bit of both.

"Me, too. It...would have been a lot harder without you and G'ran," she admitted.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:33 pm
Friends! Aurinkoth was excited by the prospect. Sure, allies could be a thing, but clearly until otherwise, the blue was content to shoehorn everybody into the same category. He stretched out his little legs across Ichta with a thrum. We'll find all sorts of nice games to play together and maybe Aresoth and Zenobiath will stop being so very serious. While not malicious, there was a notable mock-serious tone when he spoke of their metallic siblings.

"I mean, I'll obviously need to sleep at some point, but just..." she inhale deeply, almost invigorated by the crisp night air. How could she sleep when there was someone wonderful inside of her head space now? Aurinkoth nosed at the young woman. We can't play if you're tired! he reminded and Ichta smiled. Of course, we'll play lots tomorrow. What kind of games did one play with a dragon, though?

"Yeah, I think I would have been much more nervous, though G'ran was rather..." her heart fluttered with a feeling she'd probably grapple with awkwardly for a while, "brave? I mean, he just.." she gestured with her free hand out towards the stars. "No hesitation, planted himself between us and the Hatchlings, just in case." and it had ended up being something he'd met some claws for.

"I wonder what that says about a dragon that would pick him, when everybody was calling it a 'bad' egg, you know?" Because she couldn't imagine a 'bad' dragon being a match for a man who, while gruff-faced, had no hesitations about keeping an eye out for the two girls.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:38 pm
Friends? Perhaps, in time, although making friends was not among Menankith's greatest priorities, one of the many ways he differed from his blue brother. And yet Aurinkoth was a...friend? He was not in the like-minded ally category with Basanuth and Fenrith, but wasn't in such nebulous standing as Elzebuth, either. All things considered, yes...the sunny dragon was his friend, he determined with a very slight nod to himself. They do take themselves much too seriously, he responded after his moment of drifting, with a firmer nod to punctuate the statement. While Aurinkoth meant it playfully, Menankith most certainly did not. We will show them the error of their ways.

Feeling the pulse of annoyance from her dragon, Nadry rubbed gently behind his headknobs. They had a lot to do, yes, but not tonight. Tonight was for stargazing, and enjoying each other's company. "He was," she agreed appreciatively with Ichta. "He didn't have to do that, but he did. Maybe for you, but..not someone he just ran into once."

At least, she assumed the two had already been friends before the Hatching...and they'd welcomed her in. They hadn't had to do that, either. "Maybe he needed that? Elzebuth, I mean, not G'ran. Maybe he needed someone good. It is surprising, though, after hearing what he thought about his egg at the Touching. I never would have expected it."

There had been a moment when she thought (worried, even) that a valiant brown, shielding candidates from his brother's rage, might be a good match for the man, but she'd never suspected it would be Elzebuth. He was worthy, but not Mine. Menankith nuzzled her reassuringly. I have always been Yours.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:18 pm
If Aurinkoth noticed that Menankith had taken his thoughts too seriously, he didn't share so. Instead, he just unfurled his wings, stretching them before gently laying one of them over his as though somehow all of the elements of the world couldn't still get to Ichta as long as it was there. Or perhaps he was concerned about the chill of night.

Good, good. I don't imagine theirs will be able to enjoy all of the fun things we can do together if they're always, if it was possible for a dragon to make a serious face, Aurinkoth was most definitely attempting it right then, and that would be so unfortunate! Perhaps different end goals, but at least the quest would remain somewhat similar.

"He and I had run into each other a few times. Mostly over little things - needing a quiet place to unwind, fixing a shirt, talking about the dragons," she shrugged, "I had a feeling he was that way. Said he 'heals really fast' or something like that after the Touching," she explained. So perhaps a little better than Nadry did, but, "We were at Elzebuth's egg together, it was very..." she frowned as she thought about it. Would it still appeal to the brown to just keep those it could at it's beck and call? But you're mine! It would be silly for Elzebuth to want to keep you - I mean, you are my perfect, wonderful, Ichta - when he has his.

"Well, I think someone as...quiet as G'ran will give him the attention he craves - in reason."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:57 pm
Menankith considered his brother's reasons with a thoughtful hum, and though they weren't quite the same as his own, they weren't dismissed. Yes, he said finally, There is....much we could all do together if they did not take themselves so seriously. Themselves, and the 'natural' authority granted to them by the metallic sheen of their hides. Not just Zenobiath and Aresoth, but all the other golds and bronzes, right up to and including their sire and dam. Every last one.

"We met a few days after the Touching, I really did run into him." Daydreaming about the eggs. Her egg. "We just talked about the eggs, mostly. He told me about Elzebuth's, it sounded..." she trailed off, shaking her head a little.

"It's just so odd, all of it. After I felt him at the Touching, I wanted so badly for Menankith to be mine, and he is, but G'ran didn't like Elzebuth's egg at all, and Elzebuth is his. Did you feel something about Aurinkoth's egg?"

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:31 pm
Had she....Ichta found herself looking down at Aurinkoth, thinking over the brief meeting between the two of them when a shell laid between them. She..... The young woman sighed. "No. I barely spent any time with him," she admitted. She'd had her eyes on other eggs all along. Guilt had barely been able to settle into her chest when the warm positivity of Aurinkoth swept it away in a moment. I got to surprise you! You looked so happy! I mean, you were sad, but then you were happy! You never even expected me! he kreeled at her.

"What's funny is....I saw myself in Cynosuth, who laid against him, waiting and being quietly supported by her brother. So perhaps in that, it was no surprise that my suspicions are likely more correct than I think." she rubbed both hands against her blue's perfect wedge shaped head, causing him to trill delightedly. "He's got a type."

He continued to thrum as contently as a babe could through the affections lavished upon him.

It's easier to enjoy life when you're not working hard all the time! And Aresoth is definitely working harder than he should be for...well, not for fun things! Aurinkoth agreed, albeit to a slightly different end, with his brown brother, stretching his neck out as Ichta's fingers continued to work their way down it. Oh, life was good. His knew all the good spots!

Meepfur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:59 pm
"I spent a lot of time with Eleusith," Nadry admitted, to a wave of irritation from Menankith - not at her, but at the thought of his much more traditional blue brother. "More than I should have, probably, but it was the first egg I went to and I sort of got caught up. Between that and everything that happened, I only got to touch a few eggs." She cradled Menankith's head close to her chest and smiled dreamily. "But I guess it didn't really matter, in the end. They found us regardless."

And everything was perfect, or as close to perfect as it could be. Even with uncertainty in their future, the looming trials of Weyrlinghood ahead of them, tonight everything was as it should be. "And I'm glad they did. All of us. Whatever their reasons were."

That is one way to put it, Menankith rumbled. Aresoth was most definitely working to hard for 'not for fun things.' Controlling, insufferable, shiny-hided... His ran a finger along his muzzle, and he huffed out a sigh to end the thought. Right. They were supposed to be relaxing.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:28 pm
"That's funny. He was the first one I went to as well," and it had been comforting and the short time together had been nice, but who had she really found herself with? Elzebuth's! Aurinkoth offered with some humor. Yes, more than once she'd found herself in the large man's company. "It was definitely eventful, but fortunately we won't have to do it again," Ichta offered contently. She wouldn't have to nearly be stepped on by Uridith twice or have an egg like Lemath - Lemath is fun! We should go play with her! - try to bowl her over, or ever have to stand on the sands, wondering if there was a little dragon who thought you were good enough for them.

Aurinkoth bumped his bonded's chin with his nose. You? Good enough for me? Why I never! My siblings who came before me will think they are such fools for not wanting you as theirs. Look how lucky I am! Ichta couldn't help but laugh as she patted one of his shoulders before running her hand back up along his neck again.

It's the only way to put it! Aurinkoth leaned to bump his head against Menankith affectionately, practically rolling onto his back in the sand so his little legs stuck out in the air. Things will turn out okay, but only if you take it one day at a time and remember to focus on you and yours too. Can't change the whole Weyr if you're both exhausted and overworked!

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:05 pm
"Really?" Nadry smiled a little at that happenstance. Eleusith had been pleasant, she'd liked him - and Zenobiath as well - but once she'd touched Menankith's egg, pleasantries and politeness paled in comparison to what he'd given her. "No we don't have to do it again," she breathed out with a laugh, "And thank Faranth for that! It was all a lot more...intense than I was prepared for."

Truthfully, she wasn't sure what she would have done if Menankith hadn't chosen her, short of finding someplace safe to cry, but in the longterm...would she have stayed? A nuzzle from her bonded discouraged such thoughts. You will never need to answer that question.

The brown rumbled with suspicion at the certainty that things would simply 'turn out okay,' but Aurinkoth wasn't wrong about the rest. This was, after all, only their first day out of the egg. You are right, he admitted, regarding his brother's odd new position with a curious tilt of his head. There is much to be done, but not tonight. In time, when Mine is ready. When we are ready.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:11 pm
Eleusith is so stuffy though. Funny, but stuffy. He wasn't right for either of you, Aurinkoth knew Eleusith wouldn't have looked twice at either girl in the shell and he'd only side-eye him and Menankith for their odd choices now that they were out of the egg. Which was silly, of course. How could they have chosen anybody else? "Definitely more intense. I will be happy to focus on moving forward." she looked towards Nadry and offered a smile. "With you, ours..." With Elzebuth and His! he offered up as well to both girls as well as his brother. Perhaps there were more, but he wouldn't let Ichta's silent addition go unnoted. Ichta was grateful it came out of his head and not her mouth, though.

Aurinkoth thrummed with delight as he yawned, stretching little legs out in front of him. Being Hatched and making sure you got your human before anybody else did was hard work, after all. Exactly! You'll soar high in the sky together and it will be wonderful and people will notice.. Not that he didn't think that he and his would do the same, but he had gotten a distinct feeling that perhaps Ichta didn't want to be noticed. So he'd simply have to shine brightly and make sure he demanded all of the attention for himself so she wouldn't get overwhelmed. Easy!

Meepfur

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces