Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:20 pm
With Gahiji's final blow, Klaas found himself stumbling backwards, landing on his butt, and then fell backwards to lay flat on the ground. He hadn't expected to get attacked out right like that by some guy he hadn't had a proper introduction for.

The masked man's mask was half off, his hair had fallen into straight dreads, and there was blood coming from his nose and areas where blows hand landed.

"Uuuugh..." He groaned and just stayed there, arms splayed out, legs straight. "I think...I'mma die.."

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:30 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Gahiji lifted a hand to adjust his mask before his attention went to the one that was 'dying' in front of him. He starred for a long moment, head cocked to one side, before he said, "I feel I didn't hit you that hard..." Surely the guy shouldn't be dying from so weak a set of blows as the ones that he'd given him. Then again he'd not really fought back that much, just landing one good magical blow and missed those after that.

After a moment of thought he pushed his mask back and asked, "Is the weapon just for show?" Had he attacked someone who was just play acting as a warrior? That would be rather embarrassing... and he'd probably feel a little bad too. He only tried to go after those that looked and felt like warriors to him. This one though... had be decided wrong? What if it was just a decorative stick instead of a magic stick? Oops...  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:34 pm
"I'm a healer," he said with a huff. He wasn't dying, Klaas was just over dramatic a lot of the time. "I don't get in a lot of fights! What do you want from me?" He was whining now, but there were no cares given. Eventually he sat himself up, at least on his elbows, to look at the other. Klaas's eyes roamed the other's face, then his mask, and then down his bodies to his feet and once more up.

"....Why'd it even happen, anyway?"

Orpehus Solon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:55 pm
Peppermint Coffee

"A healer... that other girl was a healer too and she wasn't too bad in a fight." He said, for a moment trying to recall her name but it didn't come to mind straight away. As such he just waved it off. He'd remember later he was sure. For the moment he should probably focus on his 'dying' opponent. Taking a couple steps forward he seemed to be debating on his answer. What did he want from him? After a moment he said, "Nothing more then that." That was the truth, he'd challenged him, he'd won, that was end of story in his mind.

As the other asked 'why'd it even happen' he found himself starring. It took a moment for him to come to an answer. Mostly because he wasn't sure what he was referring to. Maybe he meant his terrible loss at Gahiji's hands? Shrugging he said, "It happened because you need more practice fighting?" A comment that would sound like a guess on Gahiji's part at best.

Squatting down he lifted the hand that wasn't holding his yaotl fang spear and gave the man with the half mask a poke in the chest. Best to make sure he was going to make it before he wandered off.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:47 am
"Hey, hey. I'm a lover, not a fighter." He had never been romantic with anyone a day in his life, but Klaas will use that as an excuse. He really did think of himself as someone who'd rather make out with their enemy than fight with them. No, it wasn't practical, but did that matter? Not to him, but possibly to this guy, who seemed like he had been fighting every day of his life. "I mean... No offense to that, just.." He gave a nervous laugh.

"It happened because. ...Yeah probably. I think I need more practice, but man, I don't like it.." He wanted to be a healer to help people, not fend them off. Maybe it went hand-in-hand and he picked his profession with a naive mind. It wouldn't be the first time he's rushed something important in his life.

When he got a poke in the chest he let out a yelp and just batted the other's hand a bit. "Hey.. I'm tender, don't poke me. ...I mean. ..You could.. kiss me if you really wanted to be sure I was okay."

With the amount Klaas was now flirting and running his mouth, he'd be fine. He'd have to take it easy for a couple of days, but he would make a full recovery.

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:00 am
Peppermint Coffee

A lover and not a fighter? He supposed that made a lot of sense but he really should practice more. What happened if he ran into someone that wasn't as nice as Gahiji was? Someone that wouldn't let him just leave? Or what about a giant monster? There were various sorts that would be only too happy to eat someone as soft and easy to take down as this guy was.

"Don't like it?" Gahiji's face showed surprise, as though he couldn't even imagine not wanting to fight. It was all that Gahiji wanted to do after all and when he was unable to find a good fight or a hunt he found himself ending up painfully bored. This guy was pretty strange if he didn't find the fun in such an activity. No matter, it wasn't really his business if the guy trained or not, wasn't his business if he got eaten up by a janarim or not... though maybe someone like this would make for good bait?

As the man with the half mask started to bat at his hand in an attempt to chase him off he gave a bit of a smile, "Seems you're fine." He murmured, then wrinkled his nose a bit at the mention of Gahiji using a kiss of all things to make sure the healer was really okay. Something that had him instantly shaking his head, "Not really my thing... I'm the opposite of you, a fighter and not a lover."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:05 am
He saw the look of surprise on Gahiji's face and just shook his head. It was like he told the man the world was flat. Two different belief systems at work once again with one another. Klaas rubbed the back of his neck a little more and then just settled as comfortably as he could. He felt battered and bruised, which is basically okay since that's what happened.

"Figured," he said in retaliation to the fact he wasn't getting kissed today. "'S a shame though. You are rather uh.. Yeah. Good looking." Klaas batted his eyes at the other like it would help his cause and then he just seemed to fold into himself as his body adjusted again.

Man his ribs hurt.

"Mm.. I'm fine. I'll be fine. I can tend to myself after I decide my legs aren't really made of sea foam like they feel they are." He moved both legs experimentally and shook his head. They felt so heavy from doing as much as he did.

"So. Fighting is just kind of your thing...? You just do it to do it or you avenging someone?"

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:25 am
Peppermint Coffee

"Eh?" Wait, what? Good looking? Was the guy trying to throw him off kilter so that he could have another go or something? For a moment he found himself on guard, waiting for whatever it was that he might be planning... but nothing seemed to be coming. Instead it just seemed as though it was a random compliment that the guy was giving out? So long as it wasn't a trick then he supposed that he'd take it.

Shifting so that he was sitting down in front of the healer he listened in as he said that he could tend to himself. That made sense, he didn't have healing powers after all. So there really was no reason to be worried about it. Save for the whole legs made of sea foam thing. After a moment he asked, "Sea... foam?" What did that meant?

"Eh? Yeah, I rather enjoy pitting myself against anyone or anything that I can find. People, beasts, whatever crosses my path on a regular day." At the mention of his reasons he thought on it a moment, head cocked to one side, then said, "I suppose there is a specific monster I'd like to find one day, but other then that it's mostly because it's fun." What other reason did a person need for going after a good fight then because it was enjoyable?  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:38 am
"Do you not get complimented often?"

Klaas had noticed it seemed the other didn't understand why he said he was good looking. Gahiji was! He had that whole brooding, mysterious thing working for him, plus he was ripped, and was good at fighting. He was a catch to anyone, man or woman, as far as Klaas was concerned. Still, the guy didn't look too comfortable with it, so maybe he'd just let it alone.

"Sea foam. It looks like it's ...solid, but really it's not. It means my legs feel wobbly and I won't be able to properly stand up for a few moments."

Did this one really never leave? He squinted. Gahiji was just opening up more and more questions for the Oban.

"Oh. ...So uuuh. What makes it fun? It seems like a lot of work for not a lot of pay off. See, I can heal people and I have the knowledge, while I'm around, they're going to be okay." He hadn't lost anyone yet. He prayed to the gods he never did. "So what drives you to fight? Just instinct? Protecting someone or something?" It was a polite way of asking 'are you a feral person'. At least, that's what Klaas was hoping.

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:46 am
Peppermint Coffee

"Given I am often picking fights with people I would say that it's not high on their list of things to think about?" Why would compliments be given to a person that wanted a fight? Especially a person that just beat you in a fight? It might just fall under that whole 'lover not a fighter' thing that was a bit lost on someone like Gahiji.

Giving a nod of his head he said, "Ahhh, gotcha. So I had that much of an effect? Good." He made it so that the guy was so wobbly he couldn't even stand? Awesome! It showed him that he was just that good. It was something that put him into an even better mood then just beating the guy in a fight.

"What makes it fun?" Gahiji looked confused again, "It's that amazing adrenaline rush! It's beating people and beasts that are bigger then I am! There is so much about it that's fun. Not to mention that when I beat giant beasts I can make armor our of them." It was all mismatched pieces that he wore but he liked them well enough. They offered protection and made it so that he could take on even bigger things!

What drove him? He just starred for a moment before he said, "Ahh... it's... fun?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 am
So he was the type of man who got an adrenaline high and enjoyed it. Where as Klaas got that high and panicked and made stupid mistakes, it would seem. He wouldn't understand that line of thought even if he tried his hardest to. So he just shrugged and gave the other a grin as he talked. He was passionate about fighting, it made Gahiji's whole face light up. He looked a lot more animated this way.

"I see, I see. That's good! Having fun, doing what you love, that's something a lot of people can't claim they do. Me? I... while I don't have fun healing, it's not... not fun. I just have to be more studious and serious than anything. There's still so much I don't know how to do." He sighed and looked at his staff. It had been so useless during the fight. He felt a little betrayed but it, if he was honest.

The Oban shifted his legs again and found they weren't as weak as they were before, so he shifted into a more comfortable position before trying to stand up. He used his staff as an anchor, something to lean on so he wouldn't face plant.

"Sooo. ...If you feed me I'll... tend to any wounds you might have."

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 am
Peppermint Coffee

Lifting a hand Gahiji set to scratching it against his own cheek as Klaas spoke. It seemed as though he was having an issue with his lot in life, huh? He had to be 'studious and serious', huh? That really didn't sound like a lot of fun... did it? Then again if it was for a good reason he supposed that he could act in that manner. Like if it meant that he would get his shot at fighting a yaotl for instance. That aside though he'd rather just have fun with his hunts, not having to think too hard about it, just go after whatever was interesting and moving.

"So... why did you pick healing?" He asked in a curious manner, wondering why he picked the path that he had. Was it because he wanted to be a healer? Was it because it ran in his bloodlines? Odd that he found himself so curious about someone that he'd defeated. Normally he'd of wandered off by now.

"Eh? Hmm... I have some dried meat in my pack, maybe some fruit or fish as well... Does that work? Is it worth the trade for your healing powers?" He wasn't too terribly injured but getting back to one hundred percent meant he could go back to fighting again instantly. He'd be more then happen to trade some of his rations for that chance.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:02 am
"Why'd I pick healing? It's... rather the opposite happened. It just kind of uh.. Well. It's quite a story. A girl was brought in really sick. Like really sick. She was going to die. But I worked really close with a healer and actually... realized I had that spark that makes healers, you know, healers. I helped save her life. It wasn't me completely, but..." Klaas shrugged then. "I don't know. I liked the feeling of being able to honestly do something for someone. I really made a difference with that girl."

As he spoke the Oban leaned against his staff more and then shrugged. That's what happened, in a nutshell basically. His attention, however, went back do the food he was listing off and his stomach gave a hard growl in his stomach. "Stomach says it's a fair trade."

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:19 am
Peppermint Coffee

"Ahhh!" So he'd gotten into healing by accident? It was because he'd run into someone that needed help and it made his powers manifest? He gave a slow nod of his head before he said, "I see... did you have plans to do something else before that incident?" He found himself a bit curious because he'd sort of always known what he wanted to do. Heck he'd picked fights with people and beasts even when he was just a prentice and only had a stick as a weapon.

As he waited for his answer he set to work digging into his pack, getting out a couple of cloth wrapped packages. He opened them up, looked them over, and then said, "This is dried janarim meat. I got this one myself! I also butchered and dried it myself as well." It was something he was quite proud of from the sounds of his voice, "This one is dried fruits, my guardians bought them." He wasn't one for collecting fruit personally though he was fine with eating the stuff.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 am
Did he plan to do something else? Klaas opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it again as he frowned. "You know, I don't think I had anything in mind? I know... fighting isn't something I do well. I'm just not up for hurting other people unless I absolutely have too, and I'd rather just avoid it completely." Some people fought, some healed. That's just the way it worked.

While Gahiji dug through his bag, the Oban moved his dreads around on his head and blinked when he was offered some dried meats and fruits. His eyes lit up and Klaas leaned forward to inspect it.

"....Oh wow, that's really neat." He didn't butcher his own food. "I think dried fruits are my favorite snack, really. Energy and just the right level of sweet." He kissed his finger tips and nodded. "So good."

Orpheus Solon

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces