Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 am
User Image

The weather had been grueling the last few days - heat had been rolling about causing moisture in the air and humidity made activity much harder than it should have been. The lioness, nearly an adult by this point, had made the decision to take some time on the prides cliffs to enjoy the breeze that came rolling in with the water crashing against the walls. The spot had been favored by most of her family, including the family that wasn't blood and seemed questionable at times. Those thoughts weren't floating about in her mind at that point though.

As she approached the ledge she peered downward. The motion caused her braid to fall into her face and she blew at it to free herself from the hair that had begun to stick to her nose. Everything was just so uncomfortable. She groaned about it briefly before limply collapsing onto her gut. She was still very near to the edge, head hanging over it. From above it was entirely possible she'd look like a headless body - something like that could be alarming.

"Rain.." She muttered. The complaint was wrapped up into a singular word. Rain wasn't often a stranger to these parts, so she was sure they'd see some soon. Or she'd go insane.

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:08 pm
User Image

This adventure was turning out to be a horrible mistake! 'Go and see the world!' 'Enjoy yourself!' His old friend Amadi had bugged, and poked, and prodded him until he had finally acquiesced to his suggestions and wandered away from the sandy ruins he called home.
Now he found himself in a place where his fur felt soaked from the humidity and the ground made awful sucking sounds when he pulled his paws free to walk further. If there was one thing he hated it was marshy ground, but salty marshy ground was even worse. Oddly his powers, passive though they were, didn't work on soft mushy ground such as this. Nothing petrified in his wake and it was disconcerting but then he and the ocean never truly got along in the best of circumstances and these certainly weren't the 'best'. Finally fed up with it all he spread his bony wings and took flight, soaring high above the cliffs that the oceans slapped at with towering waves. That was when he noticed what seemed like a body lying upon the high rocks. Gently he settled on the rocky cliff and stared curiously, but at a safe distance, one eyebrow raised and waiting to see what the other would do.

Ctrl F Greenie
Let me know if this works for you. I'm happy to change things if I got something wrong. <3

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:02 pm
There was a curious sound. Wings? The lioness didn’t budge from her spot though. A sound was a sound and not of much importance especially considering the dreadful weather they were currently experiencing. But when the ground seemed to quake beneath the paws of something clearly not an average lion it caused her to stir slightly and then quickly sit up. Almost immediately she regretted how quickly she sat up as a dizzy spell washed over her, but what she saw shocked her enough to stay firmly seated at the edge.

Bright pink eyes caught sight of the being and widened. Basically she had begun to gawk at the creature – she had never seen such a being before! Bone wings were settled, bright fur marked with dazzling green swirls here and there sparked her interest almost immediately. The creature was handsome.

“Hello.” She said. Typically she wasn’t bashful or timid, but today she felt both. Quickly she blinked, not that her eyes would have dried out with the moisture in the air, but she realized how rude she was truly being. “Sorry.” Her eyes lowered briefly then raised again. She was a confident lioness and though the shock pushed that confidence aside briefly it didn’t get lost for long. “What are you .. doing here?” Of course she knew of Gods, but having never met one she didn’t know what to expect. As soon as she began to spell out the ‘who are you’ she quickly realized that was likely a bad way to begin.. ‘doing here’ didn’t sound much better.

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:30 pm
Tafari cocked his head to the side as the 'body' came to life revealing itself to be a young lioness, almost adult but not quite there. Her words were simple but confident at the same time and he had to admit he admired someone with such a disposition even in the presence of a God like himself. However he often acted the grumpy old man so carefully he schooled his features into a lazy and bored expression. He flicked his bone wings 'closed' and stared for a moment more before finally answering, "Greetings to you as well, and to answer your question I was treading through the muck below and got tired of it so I flew up here." He blinked, tail flicking idly. "While above the cliffs I saw what I thought was a body, but it turned out to be very much alive." He was, of course, referring to her as she laid there.
Quickly he drew in a deep breath, scenting the many felines who made their home here, and said, "Where am I exactly? This land is quite unfamiliar to me."

Ctrl F Greenie

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:23 pm
The tilted head provided her with a mild form of comfort. Emotions were shared a shared thing between mortals and Gods after all. The wings themselves had been what caught her attention again. Even as he schooled his expression the purposeful motion was lost on her as the bones moved to ‘close’. Closure was a relative term in this case as the wings themselves didn’t have enough materials to ‘close’ with.

“That’s fair.” She said as a small smile tugged at her lips. She knew the terrain of the lower parts of the pride all too well. The muck wasn’t uncommon to come across depending where one walked and so she wasn’t shocked by his comments. Her tail matched his as she listened to him with the attention of a small child listening to a story. His words were simple and definitely not cause for such attention, but this was where her awe came in that she was truly speaking with a God. “Yes, I am. Unless you know something that I don’t.” She chuckled softly.

“You’ve reached the home of the Myrsky Syntynyt, or more commonly referred to as the Stormborn.” Clearly she hadn’t been sheltered from diplomacy. “We are Vikings.” Then she grew amused past the chuckle. “You’d make a fine Thrall in fact..” Of course she had zero thoughts to actually pursue the God as a Thrall, but the lioness couldn’t help herself.

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:53 pm
He smiled widely as he caught her watching the bony extensions he called wings. With a sly look deep within his eyes, more a sparkle than anything else, he flicked 'open' one of the wings wondering if she would follow it.
"Ah... So I've found myself in the lands of a Pride, these Myrsky Syntynyt. Vikings is definitely the easier word in this case." He paused as she said the word 'Thrall'. It was not a word he was familiar with in the least. He made a humming noise low in his throat before he stood and paced for a moment debating many things, the questions almost flying through his mind. Finally he sat once again and looked at her, eyes watchful. "Tell me about this word. Thrall... What does it mean?" Sometimes even Gods needed to be taught things.

Ctrl F Greenie

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:06 pm
The smile was ignored while a wing lifted casually to the side. Her ears were perked and listening, but her previously attentive eyes were drawn by the way the boney extension moved at his will. Her mind wandered briefly, distracting her speech. "Definitely easier." She stated once her mind snapped back to attention and her pink eyes were pulled away from the extension as he stood to pace.

"Thralls." Her amusement had since faded and she schooled her expression to become more serious. "They would be considered helpers, perhaps those weaker than our own members." Makuu purposely avoided the word servant, but wasn't so sure that her chosen words were much better - she was simply trying to avoid offending the God with her joke turned lesson. "Thralls who join, whether captured or willingly, would have a 'Master' so to speak.." She continued to explain. Her explanation was accompanied with a paw that moved as she spoke.

Pink eyes avoided the God for a moment as she considered the distance between herself and the cliff.. could she avoid being shoved to a watery grave by the God she had potentially insulted? Her concerns faded as she reminded herself that truly.. she was screwed either way. "They do learn a lot though. For instance, the High Priestess's thrall has likely learned a lot about our ceremonies and the herbs used for healing." There, a slight recovery.

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:49 pm
With an intent expression on his face he listened and absorbed every word she said, fascinated with the idea that a Pride would take on others in this way. He was a little repulsed by the idea of being a slave for no matter how she sugar coated it he knew the difference, her hesitance said as much.

As her explanation rolled to a close her last words were what caused a reaction in him at last. Eyes opened wide and pupils merely slits in the blood red depths. Gracefully he stood, bony wings extended yet relaxed at his sides, tail flicking idly, but his expression flat, clouded, and unknown. He approached the young lioness, the very ground petrifying with each step, giving her no way to escape him should fury take hold, unless she wanted to plunge into the sea and hope to survive it.

To any possible onlookers, it looked one sided, a doomed lioness on the bad side of a God. Until against all odds he sat down in front of her, lowered his regal head in a bow and said, "Take me as your thrall young one." He smiled, "I, Tafari, God of Petrification seek to learn all that I am allowed from your Vikings." He looked up just slightly, a gleam in his eye, wondering how she'd react to his over theatrical response.

Ctrl F Greenie

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:08 pm
Makuu held strong in her seat. If she was to go down for what her pride believed in then so be it. She had no problems with thralls and saw the use of them. Explaining such a thing to a God? That was something she never thought she'd have to do in a million moons. Her chest raised and fell in a way that felt dramatic, though it was such a small movement. Her heart heart hammered away.

The situation got worse with time. Her pink eyes widened in apparent surprise as he stood. But it wasnt only his sudden standing that caught her attention it was more so the way the ground reacted to him. Each paw step seemed to cause a change in where he stood and had she been under different circumstances she'd have reached down and sought to touch one of the spots. This was likely not a good time for such an idea and so she remained frozen.

The approach seemed to go on for ages. She even debated stopping him and offering to finish the job on his behalf so he wouldn't have to touch a pesky mortal. Or was that what he desired? Could his paw do that to her as well? Alarmed as she felt she still stayed firm.

Then.. he sat.

Fear subsided and her eyes narrowed slightly in confusion. Then her brow furrowed all together as he lowered his head and said what he said. "You.. WHAT!?" Not the right answer. But seeing as she had nearly thrown herself from a cliff for the sake of the situation it seemed the right response. Her eyes widened and her ears flew back to press against her head. Then silence once again as she regained some semblance of her confidence. "Well, now that I'm a little more certain I won't die today.. I suppose I could that." Makuu snorted. Had her mother been present she'd have likely gotten a smack, but she was on her own.

Wasteland Wyvern

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff