Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
Stormborn Jackal Puppies (Closed! Winners pg 2!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to a Stormborn Pupper contest! This is a contest for the five pups at the front of the above image! Wessex has put out the alert to the pride that she has had 8 pups and that five of them are are looking for companions. So does your Stormborn have what it takes to attract one of these cute little rascals? Lets find out!

Please note the below 'likes' are just for the purposes of this contest you may have your pup like what ever it likes if you win!

Rules :
1. You may enter for all but only win 1
2. These pups cannot be abused. Wessex is Dooleys best friend and though I know the stormborn see jackals as thralls if these pups are mistreated there will be a very large angry lion about!
3. Although you do not have to have a lion in the stormborn these pups cannot leave until they are adults. If you do not own a stormborn lion and your pup wishes to leave when they are adult Dooley will take them out in to the rogue lands so they can leave without any worry.
4. To win the orange females you must not have used your custom in-slot for June.
5. All Pups must be named after a breed of pig. Wessex is named after a Wessex Saddleback which is a kind of english pig. Pig Breeds Wiki
6. Have fun and follow gaia / soa rules.

Starts : Now Ends : 5th July

Entrants :

Pupper 1 Entries :

Ecavi
Nessiaing

Pupper 2 Entries:

*Greenie

Pupper 3 Entries :

Chi Sohma

Pupper 4 Entries :

Pupper 5 Entries :  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:25 am
The Family

Wessex - The Mama

Wessex has been with Dooley since before he left the firekin, he is her best friend. Wessex is a confident little dog, never afraid to speak her mind. Because of this she has decided to allow her pups to choose their own lives. So far three of the pups have decided who they will spend their time with.

Arapawa - The Youngest Son

Has chosen to stay in the family with one of Dooleys Daughters.

Aksai - The Oldest Daughter

Has picked Dooleys Mate Kaelyn to be her partner.

Kunekune - Middle Son

Has chosen to stay with Dooleys oldest daughter Eachna

Dooley - Wessex's Best friend

Big soft lion with a love for training youngsters. Massive guy with a heart of gold, loves his family and considers Wessex's pups as his own.

Syrius Lionwing

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:34 am
Pupper Number 1

Info : Oldest Pupper! Likes Trees, Sniffing, Chewing things, finding things (usually to chew)
How to win :
Bring this pupper a name and something to chew!

Pupper 1 Name :
Puppers new buddy : (if you have a stormborn you wish this pupper to be attached to!, please include image & Cert so I can cert your pupper with your chosen soa!)
What you bring to attract the pupper : (feel free to rp this, post images, bribe the cutey!)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 am
Pupper Number 2

Info : Second oldest sister. Likes Food, eating, Tasting new things, nomnonom
How to win :
Bring this pupper a name and some food!

Pupper 2 Name :
Puppers new buddy : (if you have a stormborn you wish this pupper to be attached to!, please include image & Cert so I can cert your pupper with your chosen soa!)
What you bring to attract the pupper : (feel free to rp this, post images, bribe the cutey!)

Syrius Lionwing

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:42 am
Pupper Number 3

Info : Middle sister, Likes the night sky, howling at the moon (thinks she is a wolf), running around
How to win :
Bring this pupper a name and something to do with the stars

Pupper 3 Name :
Puppers new buddy : (if you have a stormborn you wish this pupper to be attached to! Please include image & Cert so I can cert your pupper with your chosen soa!)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:46 am
Pupper Number 4

Note : This pup will class as your custom for June!
Info : Second Youngest daughter, Loves the water, would like to be a fish when she grows up.
How to win :
Bring this pupper a name and a pretty fishy!

Pupper 4 Name :
Puppers new buddy : (if you have a stormborn you wish this pupper to be attached to! Please include image & Cert so I can cert your pupper with your chosen soa!)

Syrius Lionwing

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:49 am
Pupper Number 5

Note : This pup will class as your custom for June!
Info : Youngest daughter, Obsessed with anything shiny, great at finding gems, would like to keep those gems tho!
How to win :
Bring this pupper a name and something shiny!

Pupper 5 Name :

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:24 am
Pupper Name : Göttingen ; A german pig type
Puppers new buddy : Samous User Image
What you bring to attract the pupper :

A howling could be heard off the distant, distant way.
Samous, a loving, sweet, and big pirate viking laid to bed near the sound of the crashing waves. See, in his cave, the waves reminded him of his pirate home, and they drowned out the noises around him. But now, he found himself hearing the echo of a puppy. Night after night... The same howling. The same echo. Til finally, one night he decided to find out who was disturbing his sleep and beautiful sound of waves.

A puppy. A very unique one at that.
He watched her for some time, as she starred in to the abyss of darkness above them. At some point, he admired her dedication. She must have loved the stars.

He left home.
Night after night, til his ears rang with the sound, it became like a song but this time, tomorrow was too important of a day.. a bargain had to be made.
He came up to the puppy.
"I don't think they'll be talking back anytime soon aye'? But if ye' get gud' at dat' You'd be a gud' naviagtoor." A soft chuckle.
"Hir', I need some sleep, your howl is lovely and all, but my vikings tomorrow. So if ye' get this here booty~ could you simmer down, just for one night."

User Image

"For one gud' night sleep~ Whatdaya say?"

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:11 am
This entry is for Pup #1

Pupper Name: Xuyen (from Ba Xuyen, a black & white piggy)
Pupper's New Buddy:

User Image

Technically Kali (Freeborn), actually for Thana (a cub stolen from her [thrall] brother's large local litter, and though taken as a thrall, Kali acts more as a stern mother than harsh master).

Cert needs updating, rofl xD Gaia cache may not let it update very quickly. Thana isn't certed yet.

What you bring to attract the pupper:

From outside, Kali looked very much like a mean, selfish lioness looking to build herself up. She was tiny compared to much of the population around here but she was working hard to make sure nobody doubted she was Freeborn. Step one had been to acquire her first thrall, Thana. She didn't feel the least bit guilty about the kidnapping. Having been a part of a large family, she doubted the cub would be missed - certainly, she hadn't heard of any worried parents looking for a lost cub or a Freeborn who'd lost track of a small thrall.. so Thana was her's now.

When she heard there were pups looking for homes, she decided to investigate despite all indications that this would not be nearly as simple as the acquisition of her first thrall. The whole ordeal was being carefully watched by some very protective eyes. Lucky for Kali, whatever the mother jackal and her guardian lion thought of her.. she had a secret weapon:

With Thana dangling from her mouth, Kali observed the pups for a few minutes until she could barely keep a hold on the excited, wriggling cub and caught sight of an equally excitable pup. She then plopped the cub down before the darkest of the bunch, offering Thana herself as a chewtoy for the curious boy.

Thana: 0.0 puppy!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:16 am
Pupper 1 Name : Choctaw
Puppers new buddy : User Image uncert
What you bring to attract the pupper : Mbali needed help, even though her cubs were now grown she knew that she wanted more. She of course had the help of her wonderful thrall a lioness named Mwana but she knew Mwana wanted to have cubs of her own and Mbali didn't want her to be stuck caring for her. So when she heard that there was a litter of jackle pups born in the pride she thought this might be the perfect chance to find a new companion who could help her in her every day life. It had taken some time for her to make her way to where the pups were as she was working on sound alone but after awhile she heard the tell tale yips of pups. She smiled and lowered herself to the ground so that she would be on the same level as the pups. "Hey little ones," she cooed. Hoping that she would catch the attention of at least one, "I have something for you." she told them before she pulled out a piece of leathered hide she had hanging around the den, it wasn't really anything super special but she though that it would make a great chew toy for pups who were still getting their new adult teeth in. She pushed the piece of hide forward hoping one would come and take her up on her offer.  

nessiaing

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:24 am
User ImageUser Image

Pupper 2 Name: Mótmæla - Finnish - 'Protest' for the 'Protest Pig'
What you bring to attract the pupper?: See below RP/Plot response.

The day was much like any other. The High Priestess had left her den in search of some herbs for her den as she had been running low and of course as she had gone Stylter was no where to be found. So her help was lost for the time being. "Bumbling thrall." She mumbled to herself. Deep in her heart she cared for the maned wolf or she wouldn't have saved him from himself when he fell into the waters, but still her anger was bubbling below the surface as his usefullness grew less apparent.

"Here, here.." The maned wolf had been busy that morning. As his master left for the day to pick out herbs and such from the surrounding wooded areas he had heard word of new ups born to a jackal not far from where he was. The idea of a small family, especially small considering their species in comparison to their master lions, was appealing to him. So the maned wolf had sought out the family and did what he could to lure away a single small pup for himself. The pup he had lured away was single minded for the time being. Food. It seemed to be solely motivated by the promise of some kind of snack - this he could provide. Kluna, he knew for a fact, had stores of edible (and safe) herbs as well as some meats. Though he wasn't sure what consequences he might face for such disobedience he still felt compelled to try.

As the pair rounded on the den, himself and the pupper, he coaxed it further. "I have some tasty foods for you, just a little further.." He promised happily, tail wagging behind him in delight. Arriving at the den presented the pupper with numerous smells. The wee things tail couldn't keep still and Stylter got to working on a snack for the creature. Gathering up some herbs and dried meats he laid out the meal before his guest. "Eat up."

"Excuse me."

The voice was cold, grisly, and belonged to none other than his master. Kluna had forgotten an extra bag, one she would need because her 'dutiful' thrall was no where to be found. Her paws were mucked from wandering in the mud, stomach damp was wading through some waters and the look of apparent anger twisted her face up into something short of horrifying. "I-I can explain." Stylter began to stumble over his words. Though his master had never been anything short of kind he still wondered what lay behind that horrifying look of rage. It was the mystery that frightened him enough into line.

Then, as though if on point, the pupper turned around.

It was clear that Kluna had barely even noticed what was huddled before her and munching away while she scolded Stylter. The small creature was a mix of white and orange, similar to some fish she'd seen. "Stylter." Was all she had to say before he blurted out his story of what had happened. Kluna remained silent until the end, but did raise a brow as he told her what he had done. "You.. lured a small girl from her parents with the promise of my herbs and dried meats?" Perhaps her thrall had a dark side after all.

"They were small, precious, and it was clear she liked food! I didn't mean to cause any trouble." His retort confirmed his pure innocence so she ushered away her small concerns that might have lead to wiping him from the face of these cliffs. "well send her back now Stylter, we have work to do." She raised a paw and waved away the small pupper.

"But Kluna.."

"No buts."

To which the pupper giggled profusely. "Butts." Was her remark. Kluna, who had turned away from the scene to begin packing up to leave again turned her head towards the small creature, another raised brow. "Really?" The question was posed to Stylter. "You want to keep that?" She snorted slightly. "Will you love it, clean up after it, and make sure it doesn't eat another of my herbs or meats?" She wrinkled her nose slightly. Was she really considering keeping the wee thing under her protection. Every creature had a place, perhaps this pup was with her.

"I will collect food for her, her own herbs and meats. Nothing of yours will be touched."

The High Priestess considered the promise. "Have her fitted for bags. Perhaps she will prove herself to be more useful then my first thrall." She turned away again. Moments passed with Stylter fussing over the pupper he was ready to claim as his own new buddy in their home when he realized what she had said.

"HEY, I was your first thrall!" But the retort was to late. "Pfft. Let's get you fitted for a bag then." He stated to the pup that had continued to gorge herself on some of the fine herbs and meats he'd laid out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:18 pm
Pupper #1 Name : Hante
Puppers new buddy :
User Image
She's an adult just has no adult cert :0
Story time: One time, as a puppy, our husky ate some money (usd) so apparently puppies do like chewing on money

Pupper #2 Name : Jeju
Puppers new buddy :
User Image
Story time: One time, my last dog ran away from home (as she was wont to do) and when we were driving around the neighborhood, asking if anyone had seen her, we slowed down to ask a girl the same question but she simultaneously asked 'are you looking for a dog?' They lured our dog into their garage with some dry IAMS cat food and closed the garage door behind her. So apparently dogs do like eating cat food.

Pupper #3 Name : Lacombe
Puppers new buddy :
User Image
Constellation Andromeda! Sometimes represented as a boar. c:

Pupper #4 Name : Ossabaw
Puppers new buddy :
User Image
you thought it was gonna be a koi, didn't you?!

Pupper #5 Name : Wuzishan
Puppers new buddy :
User Image

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:59 pm
Pupper 3 Name: Livny
Puppers new buddy: Sunniva
User Image
What you bring to attract the pupper:

Sunniva was busy with her new reaving life, but she found it was hard to get all of her daily errands done and rest before her next outings. No wonder other lions had thralls to help them out with things. When one was away from the pride so much, it seemed that work around the den was never done.

So when she heard that a litter of jackal pups were looking for their own companions, Sunniva decided to check them out. It would be easier to raise your own thrall from youth than catch an unwilling adult animal out in the wild, after all!.And babies of any species were certainly cute. She wanted to be a mother someday, so she could practice by raising her perfect little thrall, too.

Apparently she was required to bring a gift to appeal to one of the pups, so she spent time scouring the lands to find one before meeting them. She was strangely nervous; what if the pups didn't like her? Sure, they were just thralls, but she wanted to be friends with her companion, just like her aunt was friends with hers. It would be nice to have someone to talk to, after all... Sunniva visited her family a lot, but they had their own lives and she was away a lot. Her own companion would be there always, and she wouldn't be lonely.

She had been lost in her thoughts when a puppy flopped right onto her front paw. She looked down as the pup looked up at her, then the jackal opened her mouth and let her tongue flop out. It was ridiculous and the sight made Sunniva start to giggle. "Well hello there, young one."

"Hello, hello, hellooooooo!" Suddenly the pup was howling. It was obnoxiously loud and high pitched, the voice of the young. And it pierced the air sharply. Sunniva ducked and covered her head with her paws. She was almost face to face with the pup in that position.

"You certainly are loud," she yelled over the noise. The pup stopped just as suddenly and beamed, taking the comment as praise.

Sunniva straightened up and smiled back at the youngster. "Hey, I have a present for you..." She pawed the leather satchel she had been carrying and something pink fell to the ground. "Oops!"

The pup snatched it up and admired it. "What is it?"

"It's a sea star. I found it when I was out reaving, along the shore of the ocean. Maybe we can be friends and I can show you, someday."

The pup began to wag her tail. "It's so pretty! Thank you!" The pup yapped and ran back to her siblings to show off her prize while Sunniva giggled to herself. Well, even if she didn't get to keep the pup, at least she made her happy!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:21 am
Pupper 3 Name : Yanan
Puppers new buddy : I have none.
What you bring to attract the pupper : A basket full of starfruit.
B]

Much art. Much masterpiece.  

- Mynsed -

Porcelain Pinch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Pupper 1 Name : Basque
Puppers new buddy : A rock. : D
What you bring to attract the pupper : (Hope this is fine, I don't have anyone in the SB yet).

It wasn't unusual to see Basque "basking" in the heat of the day, looking for food. The bottomless pit was constantly hungry, and eager for the next bite. The little one even tried taking from his siblings when he was done with his share and they still had a bit left. Every single crumb, no matter how little, he'd pick up and devour in an instant. Nothing was safe from his little mouth. Not even his siblings.

Although...they didn't taste very great. It was very frustrating, especially when they'd wake up with a shout and try to shoo him away. Didn't they realize he was only trying to fill his stomach? Geez.

What was out of the normal was something running smack dab into his face--er---well--- nose, more specifically. The pup shook his head to and fro as if it had crawled onto his noggin. Which--it didn't- but it still sure felt like it! Basque's eyes opened and peered upward. Yet....there was nothing to be found.

That was odd.

With a furred brow and a suspicious glance around, Basque got up and moved forward, towards home. He suddenly didn't feel all that safe, which was strange enough. Mommy and Dooley were sure to know what to do about the invisible entity that dared stop him in his tracks.

But he didn't get very far. A high pitched yelp fell from his lips as he fell head first, doing an odd little roll, each limb tucked in. "Who did that?!" Puffing, the pup glanced fervently around. Only to see....nothing. Just a---

Wait, what was that?!

The canine's eyes eyes fell upon an odd thing that stood in the way of his previous path. Stationary, oddly shaped and red. It couldn't possibly be any bigger than his paw "Hey, what'd you do that for?!" No response. Basque's nose wrinkled in disdain, standing up straight. What did this thing think it was?! "Hey, I'm talking to you!" Still. Nothing. His lips set in a hard pressed frown as he moved towards it. He'd show it a thing or two!

Oops. Basque winced as the small thing crumbled a bit after he put a paw on it. The being was quite hard. The pup backed up a pace, giving it an accusatory but guilty look and a snort. "It's not like I tried!" A low growl came from his throat as the thing seemed to stare back at him. It seemed like it knew. That it was going to haunt him for the rest of his life. Trip him up at every opportunity imaginable, and to make matters worse--get to his food before he would be able to. A surge of courage ran through him.

He couldn't possibly let that happen.

And so, he gave it a threatening glare before scooping up the bit that fell off of it and into his mouth. Oh god, did he regret it. Immediately, there was a disgusting ashy and gritty taste. One that would make most pups just spit it back out. Not Basque. He swallowed the small bit down quickly, sticking his tongue out afterwards. What a revolting creature. His eyes went down towards it and all he felt was shame. It was accusing him, practically weeping. He could feel it.

"I---you started it!" he nearly yelled, tail tucked underneath his legs. "Why don't you talk?!" Silence filled the air in return. It was like this guy was completely mute. Basque frowned, plopping down on all fours as he contemplated. It wasn't like he could just leave him here. Since he had swallowed a part of him it was kind of like....the thing was a part of him now. That he would now have to be responsible.

Basque was ready to step up and take this responsibility.

"You're coming home with me." He couldn't possibly leave the poor fellow out here alone. It was a dog eat dog world out there and this guy was so tiny. He'd easily be crushed by someone! With that in mind, he gently picked up the rock in between his teeth. "You coulf taz be'er" But, he guessed that there was no helping it.

It was time to go home.  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces