Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:29 am
Gleaming Hide now had five students in total. Alassiel was still gathering them up through her travels across Tendaji, but her home base would always remain in Matori. She’d given all her new students a date to meet her back there while she continued to move around. She was hoping for at least five more but she would honestly be happy with whatever she would get in the end. Beggers couldn’t be chosers now could they? Still five was quite the feat and she was excited to see her students’ progress and what kind of mount they would bring or find on their path to becoming a rider.

Alassiel swung herself off of Rygha’s back onto the ground; she gave him a good pat and briefly checked on his saddle before moving around. They’d just arrived at a tavern and she was looking to get some food for her snaptrotter or a stable hand of some kind. The shifter glanced around and only noticed an Alk hybrid.

“Excuse me!” she called to her. “Do you work here? Or do you know where I might find the stable hand?” She didn’t know if the girl was even a customer here but she was the only one around the entrance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 pm
User Image

Sawenah had been traveling with her father since they reunited in Oba. It was exciting to be out of the blazing sunlight and endless sand dunes. Sauti hadn’t changed much since she left… She had been a bit on edge since they had arrived. It had been years since Lilah, recently discovered to be her grandmother, had sent her out into the world with nothing but a change of clothes and a sack of coin. It was bittersweet coming back here. She had made it out in the real world; against all odds, she found shelter, friends, made mistakes and by some miracle found her father…

But there was one thing left she wanted to accomplish; She Wants to Fly~

Lilah had always told stories about the adventures of a young wind rider and her Raptrix. Sawenah had idolized those stories and lived by their morals, those stories inspired her to seek the companionship of a Raptrix. Though, it was a selfish, childish desire that drove her to seek a flying mount. She wanted to touch the clouds and feel the crisp air rushing through her hair; not to mention it gave a great vantage point on the battlefield~ She would be able to see for miles!

“Sawenah,” Moishe nudged her from her daydreams, “We’ll be in town for a while. I have some business to wrap up with the guild… Perhaps you’d like to swing by the beast pens? The capramels are pretty cute~”

“Oh… Umm- Okay?” She murmured as she stretched her back and stepped off the cart, “I’ll meet back with you in a few hours then?”

“That will be fine. I’ll see you in a few sweetie~” he chimed while releasing the Quhar from its cargo, “Maybe take this lug with you, see if he’s thirsty?”

Sawenah took hold of the reins and guided the beast over to the pens. As she neared the trough the quhar broke into a trot then buried its face, “There there~ You’ll get a belly ache if you drink that fast.” she chuckled as she gave him a soft pat on the hump.

“Excuse me! Do you work here?”

The voice pulled her from her lulled state, “Oh...” she looked to see the shifter woman and her mount, “Oh~ Oh! Hi… Um-” caught a bit off guard by the massive silver snapptrotter, “I’m afraid I have only recently arrived myself… Sorry.” she offered her free hand, “I’m Sawenah.” she added with a friendly smile, “That’s quite the magnificent water critter you have there~” indicating to her traveling companion, “I’ve never seen one!”

Tasinei

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:30 am
“Oh I’m so sorry,” Alassiel was a little embarrassed she’d thought the woman had worked here. She did take the offered hand though and gave it a good squeeze. “Alassiel and this is Rhyga.” She gave him a good pat on the shoulder; he turned to look at her wondering why he was receiving praise.

“Thank you, I’ve had him for quite a little while now,” Alassiel moved to the side a bit and motioned towards him. “Go ahead you can pet him if you want, he’s quite friendly.” Since she’d opened her school alassiel was always on the lookout for some student, so she observed the girl curiously. “Any interest in riding?”

akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:39 am
User Image

Sawenah knelt down and ran her fingers along the leather like scales of Rhyga, a slight smile forming on her face. He was so smooth despite the rough looking exterior; It was a wondrous thing, "Well aren't you just charming..." she mused while giving the critter a gentle pat as she rose to her feet to speak with Alassiel again.

"Sort of~"
Sawenah gave a timid smile, "I've always had a desire to fly! I wanted to train with a raptrix, but..." she trailed off while staring into her blurred reflection in the water trough, "I've sort of... lost sight of my dreams, lost my ambition, my drive." It's been a few years since she lost herself in Oba, and slowly she has been regaining bits of herself; including finding her father. Despite all her successes in returning to the world, she hasn't quite found the motivation to seek out her mount yet.

Tasinei

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:16 am
Rhyga stood still and his eyes half closed as he enjoyed all the pets and attention he was receiving. To him it was like baking out in the sun, it was the best thing ever.

“You’ve just strayed from the path, but the road is never too far away.” Alassiel could sympathize with her. “What did you like the best about flying? Always start with what you like the most.” It was a good starting point to get excited about ones dream again, to remember what you had once loved and enjoyed.

“Sometimes we just need to be reminded.” Alassiel didn’t have a Raptrix, but it was sad to see a potential rider lost. The Shifter hoped she could help her even if just a little to grab onto her dream again.

akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:49 am
User Image

"I've never done it~" Sawenah laughed; what she desired most in life she has never actually accomplished, but the thought of it, what she imagines it to be is so strong and so great that it has fueled her thus far. "My path was fueled by a silly children's story of a girl and her raptrix." Her face turned a soft pink as she slumped against the pens; this was all just childhood nonsense. "I had a... well, Moishye says I had an unnecessarily rough life as a child, and one of my few escapes was to pretend I was the little girl in that story. I had a raptrix that would come for me and take me far far away from all the bad things happening." Crossing her arms she felt herself slowly coiling into a ball, something she did when she spoke of uncomfortable or sensitive topics.

Pushing off the pens she stretched out her arms and tipped her head toward the sky, "I used to climb atop buildings and stretch my arms out like this to feel the breeze running through my hair and pretend I was soaring through the skies... that all my troubles would just blow away with the wind." letting her arms fall abruptly back to her side her posture dropped again and she mustered a half-hearted smile to Rhyga as she gently scrubbed the space between his eyes, "But that was ages ago... and so much has happened. I don't even know where to begin anymore. So I've just been coasting, Y'know."

tasinei

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:44 am
“You know,” Alassiel began tapping her chin. “I'm visiting someone in town but I am pretty sure her husband has a raptrix, if you'd really like to give it a try I can ask if you can ride for a bit?” Perhaps if she could actually get the girl on a raptrix and out into the sky it would give her that push she needed to continue on the path of becoming a rider. “It's no big deal to me and I'm sure they'd love to see you fly.” Ally didn't think her cousin's husband would mind giving her a favor.

“This would be a great starting point if you're interested to get back into the saddle kind of thing.” Alassiel tried to search her memory to see if she knew anyone that trained raptrix riders. “And if you end up liking it I am sure I know someone who knows someone who could give you a lesson or two to get you started.”

akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:34 am
User Image

Sawenah gasped, but quickly hushed her surprise with clasped hands. Imagine her luck; a woman, a rider happens to town and knows someone with a raptrix. That may not be so uncommon, riders know other riders, and all riders have a mount, but this raptrix rider lives here... in town! Sawenah's heart leapt up into her chest at the thought of running her fingers through the soft thick fur, feeling the long slender feathers. It would definitely be a sight to behold, but she didn't want to wander too far from her father...

"I would love to go see~" Sawenah removed her hands from her face and spoke, "Moishye said we would be in town for a while, and as long as we don't go too far." She was trying to coax her way into following, "Yes, at the very least I would love to meet your friends and their raptrix~"

tasinei

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:04 pm
“His stable is on the edge of town but I would no call it very far.” No not far at all, just on the very edge. “If you’re in town for a while, we shouldn’t be gone very long, a few hours at most. You’ll be back in time for dinner.” She didn’t want to make any guardian or parent worry or anything.

“Follow me,” Alassiel waved the girl to follow her and moved through the crowd. “The owner is actually my cousin’s husband. I visit family that don’t live with the rest of the Shifter family on the way there.” Only because her family was so very large and scattered about their family tree. “Are you in town for work? Visiting family maybe?”

akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:04 am
User Image

Sawenah gave a nervous laugh as she followed closely, "I-eh... Actually just met my father for the first time... about two or so weeks ago?" It was so strange to think how they met. Had he been watching over her this whole time and never had the courage to say anything? To think he could have been so close all this time, yet so far away, "His employer approached me; I'm not sure what for..." She felt her cheeks flush as she recalled the situation, "But his presence alone was enough to make him war?y, so Moishye charged in and after what had to be one of the most awkward conversations I have endured... I found out I wasn't an orphan after all!~"

With that awkwardly happy bit out in the open, she continued, "My father is part of a merchant's guild that moves and sells product all around Tendaji. I've been traveling with him, and this was the next stop on his route." she noticed a small pebble at her feet and proceeded to kick it along for some entertainment, "Next I want to go to Zena, but I think Moishye needs to go south... We'll see though~" She was pretty confident her father wasn't ready to part ways with her quite yet, so he'd probably ask for an assignment to the north to at least get her close to where she was trying to go.

"So your cousin's husband, huh?" Sawenah inquired trying to take some of the attention off herself, "He's a rider like yourself? Do you have many riders in your family?"

Tasinei

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:32 am
“Oh wow! That's not very long at all!” Alassiel wondered if she had been part of the large amount of orphans after the war. Alassiel recalled any shifter families taking in a lot of children because parents had gone missing or had died during the fight. She was glad that she had found her father though, she didn't know many who had found their parents after the orphan incident. “Family is very important, you must have been excited to find your father.” Who wouldn't be after all this time!

“Zena is nice, cold but nice.” It wasn't her favorite place to visit but she was certainly biased. “If you're ever in Matori you're more than welcomed to come visit my riding school. I don't have any fliers, but riding is riding after all whether in the air or ground.” she was looking forward to continuing the training of her two riders when she got back. Alassiel didn't have any plans on leaving again after that so she could focus all of her time and energy into her school. “I'll be more than happy to show you around.”

“My family are actually mainly fishers, in my immediate family I am the only one who rides. Even my cousin is a fisher woman, though she just had a baby so no fishing for her.” Which was the reason for her visit. “Almost there.” She could see the house from where they were and soon they were at the front door knocking.

A little shifter and leaf hybrid boy slammed the door open. “Auntie Ally!” He screamed before running into her open arms. The shifter scooped him up into her arms and hugged him.

“Where's your father?” She asked as she peeked into the house.

“Out back with the beasts.”

“Go tell your mom were here talking to your dad okay?” Alassiel dropped the little boy who ran off into the house. “Alright this way.” Alassiel made her way around the house tot he back where there was a stable. She knocked a few times before entering. “Hello!”

akuma_kessaku

◈ RP Graveyard

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff