Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
Team Side Mission - A Thrifty Bazaar Megadventure Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 pm
Looking at her SNAG for a moment, Leslie contemplated throwing the device down from her perch towards the ground. Weighing her options, the hybrid would eventually decided against the idea. Staring towards where the truck seemed to be, she would thrust ehr wrist out and watch the Vine wrap around a point on the wall. "Suck it, Wall Maria!" Leslie shouted, diving off the wall and swinging towards the group of Snagems to rejoin. "Well, Sub, we can always just blow through that big mansion. Probably where their leader is." Leslie told Sub, having only caught the end of his conversation with Keiko.

Beau would give a curt nod to the woman, handing over the beanie and bandanna he had been provided. "Alright, here you go. I'd take the rest off here, but I like my decency." Beau told her, feeling a tug on his shirt as Odd moved to leave. Spinning on his heel and pushing ahead of Odd, Beau would turn to the channeler as they moved down the street. "Well, that went easily enough. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong." Beau told Odd, arms crossed and back towards where all of the Snagems were now infiltrating the city. While still wearing his Team Skull outfit and looking like he was threatening Odd. Nothing could go wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:57 pm
Reno Vantas
Beau

As the woman had already walked away, the bandana and beanie would instead be taken by the pair behind Jaimie and Richard. They wouldn't get a chance to say anything before Beau and Odd had walked off, both of them lamenting the lost chance to sneak in a few more rhymes. Their eventual departure outside would indeed bring them within the rain-soaked streets in town, and near the odd truck that was parked in the middle of it.

SubonicXP

TerashiLeonGoken

Blizzard120

Reno Vantas
Leslie

Requiem of Whyspers

To Sub's luck, there would be no undead abominations, or at least none to be found. Such news might be great for GRAY and those who don't wish the AI to suddenly bug out and shut down like the last time anything seemed to get to him so strongly. The dreariness of the town either served to make the few outside look all the more intimidating for braving out such conditions, or careening off into the realm of stupid choices for not trying to find something better. Interestingly enough, though the Snagems were seen as they came in, none of them tried to run them out yet, instead sizing up the opposition they might bring if they were here to fight. Seeing the mixture of hybrids and humans, one could safely assume it might come off a bit one sided.

"Why would anyone want a town like this?" Amaranth asked. "It feels less like a town and more like a prison made to look like one... If the rain's a sign of what it's like here, I think I'll just stick with the one we already have." Shrugging to herself, she'd continue on as she moved to keep her hair pulled back. Anything to ensure visibility wasn't hindered.

Blizzard's sensing would end up appearing to be spot on; as the truck started to become easier to see, there would also be a couple of people right next to it. One of them did indeed appear to look like it could be Odd. Or someone really close to his sort of presence. The rain made it hard to tell from a visual standpoint. Another could be seen with their back turned, looking to be with the same group that they had followed in and lacking the skull-looking beanie that the rest wore. But then, none of the others looked to be any sort of hybrid like this one did. With back turned and arms crossed, even the rain couldn't hide that it looked like someone was being threatened before their very eyes.

Or, maybe they wanted to chat, who knows.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:45 am
Keiko followed the others when they walked into town, and would be standing next to them when Odd came into view. She would seem happy when she saw Odd, but that look would be fleeting, vanishing when she faintly recognized Beau. "Wait, isn't that one of..." she started to say before a realization dawned upon her. "...crap. This is just becoming a TREND, NOW-"

Keiko cut herself off, focusing hard to not let her emotions run wild again, as that would only make this situation worse. "...isn't it?" she asked once her anger subsided, sounding a bit defeated for some reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:43 pm
I stared in confusion for a second as the two approached the team in question. Sure enough, there was Odd, but then...there was the one behind him. Now that were getting closer and then a clear visual a few seconds later, I couldn't only help but to be dumbfounded at the sight of what I was seeing. "Beau?"

"Beau!? What's he...he's with them!?" Tristen spoke up.

"I think answers are in order." I said. "Seriously. This bunch, man? Suddenly realizing why Larrimore can't bring you to a higher opinion than he has."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:45 pm
TerashiLeonGoken

Blizzard120

"I think answers are in order from you, yo!" Someone yelled from inside the truck, having gone in there to escape the rain. "What's this trend stuff? If he's in our crew, that means he ain't in yours now, so leave!" Then, several more dressed like him would come out of the woodwork, deciding that not only were these guys against them, but that they could probably be handled. Somewhat. "Or we'll make you leave. This is our house now!" Apparently, a fight had just become unavoidable again.

(Fight one of them. They'll only have a couple of Pokemon, likely Poison or Dark types.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:23 am
Listening to the two others announce who was standing by the truck with Odd, Leslie let out a small sigh before she began marching her way through the crowd. Taking advantage of her small size, she would carefully pick her way through the melee until she stood by Beau. Stretching back, Leslie would slam her ponytail into Beau with a shout of, "Cut this out!" A large puff of powder would erupt from the bludgeoned Vivillon hybrid as he yelped and was planted into the ground. "Am I not entitled to have friends outside of Sbagem to hang out with!? And I just wanted a cool outfit, not membership! I'd still have the beanie and bandanna if they let me keep them!" Beau yelled in response, eventually bringing his right hand up and opening a Pokeball. Zippo would emerge cluelessly, tail swinging in the cloud of powder. Well, now an ex-cloud and an explosion as the fire ignited the cloud. The explosion would knock Leslie back five feet and send Zippo flying into the air with a pop.

Giving it a moment, Leslie would eventually speak again. "Okay, now that that's settled, can we go?" Leslie said, getting onto her feet and beginning to trudge towards Beau. "Sure. Yah!" Beau yelped, a large mouth clamping around his legs and dangling him over the small girl's shoulder. "And this is so you can't run away." Leslie announced, proceeding to begin her march back to Sbagem side with a Zorua now walking alongside them. "Can't a guy hang out with people outside Snagem and get cool clothes from them? They didn't even kidnap Odd, me and my buddies found him passed out and they said to take him here before I could even get a call in to base." Beau explained, doing his best impression of a Magikarp at a fish market as he did so.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:01 pm
Odd had followed the"signs" to the exit of the building with Beau in tow, a few threats of eternal damnation being all it took to get anyone that had tried to stop him off his case until they were outside. Once outside and looking over the run down town they were in, he hung his head in irritation. "These guys don't just dress like thugs, they treat their home like one, too." He voiced to himself, the now-familiar energy given off by Skull members exuding from practically everywhere.

"This whole place feels like failure and shame incarnate." He said to himself as he headed over towards a nearby vehicle, what looked like a truck n the rain, looking around as he tried to see if he could sense the others. The mention of "another crew" leading him to surmise his friends had in fact gotten his message. It was about the time he caught onto the spiritual energies he was familiar with that Snagems started showing up en masse.

He didn't have time to speak or even really act before the guy in the truck called out and what looked like a military unit comprised of Skull grunts filtered out of the dark recesses of Po Town, all apparently looking for a fight. "That idiot was playing poker while I was out cold and let those goons try and take my stuff." He told Leslie just a moment after she appeared, figuring Beau deserved a small beating for not keeping him safer if these guys were just supposed to be 'friends' of his. What he wasn't expecting, however, was the explosion that came from said beating. Apprently Powder was waterproof, the rain doing nothing to diminish the bang. Luckily for him, he was outside the range of fire and his form flickered briefly as the concussive wave passed through him.

And then he was approached by one of the grunts from earlier, who appeared to be looking for payback. Odd released his Duskull as he was approached.

Following the others, Lykas had entered into Po Town still trying to pinpoint Odd's energy now that he was close enough to finally sense it. When he spotted the Channeler, he rushed toward him, only to be cut off by a thug jumping out of the truck between them. "You're so no getting away with this!" Tossing out a Ball of his own, he released his Gardevoir. The Lavender-hued Psychic-type looked at Lykas then back at the thug.

"Who's the homeless kid?" He asked Lykas, turning away from the Skull grunt.
"No clue but he's about to get thrashed." Lykas replied.

"Yo yo yo! Not cool, bro!" The grunt exclaimed as he withdrew a Pokeball from his pocket. Tossing it out, a Pokemon Lykas was unfamiliar with emerged. A tiny black lizard with what looked like a scarf appeared from the ball and hissed at Lykas and Mykel. "Salandit, show 'em you a boss wit' ya Flamethrower!"

"Mykel, Psychic!" Lykas ordered. The blast wave of psionic energy Mykel unleashed toward Salandit ripped right through it's Fire attack, the stream of flaming gases it was blowing never standing a chance. Apparently, neither did the lizard producing the flames in question considering that it was knocked out cold by the blast.

"What?! Ain't no way, man!" The Skull grunt complained as he recalled his fallen reptile. "Fine. Let's try and li'l fresh fish..." He decided, tossing out another Ball and releasing a Qwilfish into a nearby puddle. "Come on Qwilfish, use Pin Missile!"

"Another Psychic, Mykel." Lykas directed, yawning rather calmly. The Embrace Pokemon nodded and launched a second concussive wave of psionic energy flying towards his new victim. Qwilfish fared slightly better than Salandit had, although it still went down with a follow-up Moonblast before it's trainer could issue a second command.

"Ugh, really, bro?! So not cool." With another ball withdrawn from his pocket, the grunt released the last of his Pokemon.

"Skrelp?"

"Skrelp, I need some help, yo? Use ya Sludge Bomb, li'l bro." The grunt ordered. Skrelp responded by vomiting up an explosive burst of toxins. towards Mykel. The Gardevoir dodged around it simply enough but the explosion still rocked him a bit. "Mykel... Should we show him how outclassed he is?"

"Sure thing, Boss! With that declaration, a bright light engulfed the Gardevoir, solidifying into a crystalline shell at first before shattering violently. When the shell and the light faded, Mykel stood as a Mega Gardevoir, his body very noticeable mint green with a brilliantly lilac "dress" and matching "gloves" that matches Lykas' eyes in color.

"Have you ever seen a Mega evolution before?" Lykas asked his opponent.

"I thought that was just a story, yo?! That ain't fair!"

"Neither is being an idiot but I don't see anyone cutting either of us paychecks for what we do." Lykas retorted, pulling a Great Ball from his pocket, he loaded it into his Snag Machine. "But just to make a point. I think I'm gonna relieve you on your Pokemon."

"Oh no you won't!" The Skull grunt replied. "Skrelp, Smokescreen!" The thick black smoke that poured from the strange kelp-like Pokemon's mouth quickly obscured the world from Lykas and Mykel. By the time it was cleared and they could see again, the grunt was gone.

"Well, crap... I wanted to take his Pokemon..." Turning to see how Odd was doing, Lykas and Mykel watched him finish his own battle with a final Astonish from Affannoso again his opponent's Beedrill.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:24 pm
Sub would finally notice the mansion in the distance after Leslie pointed it out, smiling big as he plotted seizing the place and making it another local base. His daydreaming would be cut short however as some female punk approached him, having heard him speak of taking Po Town.

"Hey! What you doing plotting takin' our crib? You cruising for a bruising or something!? We don't take no smack or beef from no one!" The Skull grunt rambled on, complimenting her words with some very outlandish gestures.

"...are you related to a Toren Winchester Manfield?" Sub asked. "Actually, come to think of it...is Toren from Alola? Is there something in the water here?" He pondered aloud to himself as he finally realized how silly these guys were in their speech and body language. "Nevermind. Go on little girl, the grownups have business." He said shooing her away.

The Skull grunt did take Sub's brushing of her off passively as she promptly tossed a Pokeball out, a Gastly released from inside. "I felt the situation out for you, but you wanted to act like a whacked out Slowpoke and ignore me. Now it's time to rattle your cage and show you just how OG Skull is!" She said, striking their characteristic pose.

Sub didn't say anything, he just eyed the Gastly for a few seconds before sighing and motioned at Landor, the Scraggy walking up and around to stand in front of him. "Okay, I can tell you guys have some heavily lead poisoning from the town's poor water resources. Since I'm a guy who doesn't like to pick on the mentally challenged I'll go easy on you and just use my little friend here." He informed the girl.

The girl, now fuming, would suddenly become more reserved in her speech, only speaking when giving commands to her Pokemon. Sub must have touched a nerve. After ordering a Lick from her Gastly the Ghost would float on down to Landor and give him one big nasty Lick from feet to head.

While Landor shuttered a bit it was less from the actual pain of the strange ghostly saliva as he naturally resisted such things and more from the fact that the tongue that just slurped him was almost as big as him, gross. "That's it? All your talk and that's the best you can do? Landor, use Payback." Sub ordered.

With a smile full of glee Landor would begin to rapidly charge Dark energy into his head as the little red appendage on top of his had began to give off a sinister glow. Without anymore warning the Scraggy would jump off the ground with surprising speed and strength (all that Hi Jump Kick training paid off) and would slam its head into the Gastly, an explosion of Dark energy coming from its head upon contact sending the ghost flying back and falling to the ground, instantly knocked out.

"Ha! Really? I mean, and knew you guys were pretty pathetic by just lookign at you but I at least thought you would put something of a fight up." Sub ridiculed the grunt, Landor laughing along with him.

The female grunt would stomp on the ground just once before recalling her Pokemon, quickly whipping out another Pokeball and releasing a black Rattata from it.

"Aww! It's so cute!" Sub instantly declared upon seeing the Alolan Rattata, his attitude completely changing as he saw the new Dark-type. "It must be the pre-evolved form of that Raticate I caught! I simply must have it to complete the set. Hold on a bit while I get a ball to steal that from you." The man said as he turned around took off his backpack, promptly digging around it to look for a ball.

While he was distracted the grunt would order her Rattata to hit Landor with a Quick Attack, the rat dashing across the ground in a blink of an eye and ramming into the Scraggy with a full body tackle. It was only after hearing Landor's grunts did Sub snap back to reality and see that his Pokemon had been attacked.

"Meh, I don't have a spare ball anyways..." Sub muttered as he put his backpack back on and turned his attention back to the battle on hand. "Landor, you know what to do." Sub simply stated, arms now folded.

With a nod the Scraggy would launch its self off the ground again but this time slammed his knee into the opponent as he executed a Hi Jump Kick. The knee would connect with the Rattata's face and send it flying, it also fainting with just one hit.

"Well that was boring." Sub said with a sigh as the girl picked up her rat and scurried away. "I really wanted that cutie too..." He pouted as he watched them run off, Landor just rolling his eyes.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:46 pm
"Oh for the love of...who asked these guys-uggggh. Nothing can really go simple with us, can it?"

"Some of the Snagems would say would be boring if it were." Tristen said.

"Those ones hang out with Sub too much." As I took out a Pokeball, set to do battle with these wanna-be, I get shot right in a back by something. I nearly fell forward, but I managed to catch myself, giving one hard stomp forward to stop my self. "Who...has the...gigantic pair...to shoot me in the back like that? Because I will be relieving them of the person who did that."

"It was a Shadow Ball, Blizz...Him!" Tristen shouted, pointing towards one of the skull grunts that had a Duskull out nearby him.

"Thank you." I quickly dashed off right through the rain, and while one couldn't see the assailant's face too well, his eyes gave it all away. It was a bit of panic. Mistakes were made. The grunt ran off as I rushed after him.

"Um...you're...welcome?" Tristen asked. Apparently it was dad's time to go vent somewhere. Tristen took out a Pokeball, seeing a grunt come after him and tossing a Pokeball.

"Get to it, Golbat!" he called out. The ball landed on the moist ground with a splash, and cue one flash of a Pokeball immediately after and out came the bat ready for battle.

Tristen took out a Pokeball of his own. He very well knew these bats were trouble if left uncontested for too long. He wanted to end this quick. "Go, Galvantula!" Tristen shouted, tossing his own ball out for battle. In a flash, out too came the electrical spider, raring to go.

"Dude! Really! Just like that, homes? Zero chill, man!" The opposing grunt exclaimed, with his arms waiving shifting and waving about before him.

"...um...english for those who don't speak stupid, please." Tristen said, staring at the skull grunt.

"I'm sayin' that you be getting all up trying to assert dominance and such, kid. You don't want a good battle like that or what?"

"...you're the one who picked the fight and I'm...not really wanting to deal with you that much." Tristen said. "This isn't practice. And stupider still, you brought a flying type out in the rain like this."

"Oh no..."

"Galvantula..." The boy then spoke.

"No no no..."

"THUNDER!" Tristen shouted.

With a loud hiss, the spider crackled furiously unleashed a massive bolt of lighting. "No no no no no...FFFFUU-" His scream gets silenced out from the massive lightning strike and booming thunder that came from it. The Golbat was down on the ground, twitching furiously from the severe electrical onslaught that was dealt upon it.

The boy stared at the grunt in confusion, not surprised over the Golbat falling so easily to such a ferocious attack, but while to normal people, the sound was drowned out, Tristen managed to pick up on it... "Um...I heard a couple of the others say that word...what does that even mean?"

"..." The grunt's eyes widened, stupified at being asked such a question. "...you know? No. I ain't sayin' nothin'."

"So...you're going to say something then?" Tristen asked. Someone was paying attention in school at least about grammar.

"NO! Gah...you know, whatever! Golbat, return!" The grunt called back his fallen Golbat then tossed out a new Pokemon out for battle. "Muk! Take care of this!" The ball lands and out came a large blob. Funny part about it though, this wasn't a Muk he was accustomed to. The thing looks like evil sherbet ice cream. Must have been more of those variants that he's been seeing around here. Tristen didn't want to find out what this thing was capable of that a regular one wasn't.

"Galvantula! Thunder!" Another hard discharge of electricity which crashes down upon the Muk. Unlike the Golbat, however, this thing took the attack considerably better.

"Muk! Use Poison Fang!"

"...wait...Muk have teeth!? Or..." He finally took notice to the Muk as it started to quickly slide across the ground and scoop up the spider in its maw. "...that Muk has teeth. WHY DOES A BLOB HAVE TEETH!? Galvantula! Get out of there!"

The Muk started to bite away, each disfigured tooth dripping with toxic fluids as it clamped down on the spider and the more that Galvantula struggled, the more that the Muk gnawed away and caused considerable amounts of damage. "Galvantula! Hurry! Use Discharge!" Tristen shouted. The spider hissed, unleashing another electrical onslaught, electrocuting the blob from the inside. The Muk spat the spider back out, leaving the Galvantula rather uneasy. The damage was pretty bad and by the way Galvantula's face look, it was a rather safe bet that it was poisoned in the meantime and it was rather fast acting.

"This is what happens when you try to hang with the men, punk! Check it, big "M", give that bug a big ol' Sludge Bomb!"

The Muk regurgitated a large lump of sludge that came down. Galvantula tried to get away from it, but like any other bomb, there was the splash damage that swept it away in its wake. "Galvantula!" Galvantula tried to get up out of that, but unfortunately, the poison that continued to course its way through it sapped what little of its strength left. "Ohhh...Galvantula! Return!"

Tristen recalled the Pokemon and the Skull Grunt couldn't help but to laugh. "Ha! What now without your precious bug, squirt!?"

Tristen looked back towards the Muk. It did take a fair bit of damage, and it was showing on that Muk. That said, that Muk was still raring to go, it looked like. He didn't want to get Dragonite out at a time like this. He might need him later. Not to mention, something he didn't find right about this Muk...he wasn't sure. Couldn't explain why. But he was scared to send Xatu out to bring the fight to an end. These Alolan variants always tend to have something up their sleeve, rather it be typing or something else, that would screw with type match ups at the very least and part of him wondered if he would be walking into a trap if he does so and he didn't want to lose another one of his big guns like that as well. There might be another way, the boy thought...

"Go, Blitzle!" Tristen shouted. He tossed the Pokeball out and once it lands, out came the little zebra that could out for battle.

"...really, kid? You bring THAT out against my big man Muk? Really?"

"Blitzle took on worse." Tristen said. Truthfully, he wasn't lying. "Get it, Blitzle! Thunder Wave!"

The Blitzle whined out and unleashed out a paralyzing pulse which washed over the blob and made it seize up. But there was no damage that the grunt could tell. "Just what did you think you are doing? Is that all you got?"

"No, there's more. That's just the start of it."

"You think you're cute!?"

"Really, I think I'm adorable!"

"We'll see about that! Muk! Use Crunch attack!"

"Crunch?" Tristen spoke up. It did have those fangs, and it already used Poison Fang, perhaps that wasn't so far fetched. Though, that being said, as much as Muk tried, it wasn't going anywhere.

"What's wrong, M!?"

"It's called paralysis." Tristen said. "If you really were a good Pokemon trainer, you would have known what Thunder Wave does! Now! Shockwave, Blitzle!" The Blitzle unleashed a electrical force that practically surrounded the blob and hit it without fail, causing some damage. It still wasn't enough to bring the Muk down yet.

"Muk! Use Sludge Bomb!" Instead of going anywhere, the Muk managed to fire off an attack instead, unleashing the big ball of sludge, catching Blitzle up in its wake and causing great damage to the zebra.

"Blitzle, no!"

"Ha! Can't keep this Muk down! Wouldn't be surprised at all if that took out your Blitzle as fast as your spider took out Golbat!" Much to the grunt's dismay...it wouldn't. Blitzle found itself back up, shaking what sludge off it could. But it was not an attack that it wanted to be on the receiving of again.

"Oh come on!" the Skull grunt said.

"Blitzle! Discharge!" Tristen shouted. The Blitzle whined out, unleashing a stronger surge of electricity to overtake the big blob. After one electrical attack after the next, the Muk couldn't take any more. "That's better." Tristen said.

"No! Muk!"

"So, if this is where the men play, then why are you here?" Tristen then asked as the grunt recalled the Muk...and slowly just backed away.

-------------

Meanwhile, as Tristen was dealing with the grunt, I had one that was running from me for some profound reason. He nearly slipped at a couple of points, turned a corner at one of the buildings, a house it was. He hopped a fence and into the back yard then stopped in front of a set of sliding glass doors under an awning attached to the house to get out of the rain. The grunt then stopped to catch his breath with his Duskull close behind him. "I...think we..." he managed to get out, trying to get a couple of breaths in. "...I think we lost him. I didn't know he was here. Why is he here?" The Duskull then looked towards the door and started to flail in panic.

Before the grunt started to ask what was wrong, the glass behind him shatters and a blue hand latches onto the back of his shirt. "AVON CALLING!" I shouted, pulling him hard, shattering the entire window and throwing him inside of the house and slamming him against the wall. A groan came out of the grunt, leaving the Duskull to hover towards him and start calling and flailing about trying to see if he is okay. "I swear to God, so...what's your story here with this rag tag bunch of losing misfits. Seriously..." I cracked my knuckles, ready to teach another punk teen a lesson. "...and shooting people in the back. Not very honorable. I think someone needs a lesson in manners.

The grunt managed to slide up the wall, looking around for a way out. There were hallways near by, not sure as to where they go to, though. The closest was was back out the sliding glass doors where he got pulled through forcefully. With no good way, or easy way, out, there was only one option. "Duskull!"

"Oh, cute. You're really going to do this. Honestly?" I asked. "God, what a waste of time. Fine." I said, taking out a Pokeball and giving it a toss. In a flash, out came Glaecon, ready for battle. "You only got yourself to blame. Glaceon! Ice beam!"

"Ceeeeon!" Glaceon fired off its chilling beam towards the opposing Duskull, sweeping it up in its powerful blast. While the damage was virtually catastrophic, perhaps from the difference in experience between it and Glaceon, it wasn't enough to take it down.

"Uh, oh...Duskull! Payback!" The grunt shouted back.

"The hell?" The Duskull did pay back Glaceon, but it wasn't in kind. It was enough to make Glaceon hop back a few steps to get distance from the ghost, but it was by no means a knock-out blow. That much, however, didn't even have my attention. "I know that voice..." I said. "...drop the face cover." I said.

The grunt stared at me for a second, but then brought his fingers up to his face to pull down the mask he had from the nose down. My eyes widened for a second. "You!? What the hell are you doing here!?"

"I could ask the same about you. I heard about you showing up on the islands recently. Don't know what for. And you brought those friends with you...those Snagem guys, right? And before you say anything, its 'Bones' now. See, I got a nickname, just like you."

"Oh, is that how it is, huh? You have no idea what kind of a mess you got yourself into now."

"I don't want to hear you or your talk. You always talk to me like you're supposed to be superior and things like that. I'm tired of it! I'm not going to listen to it now. Not anymore."

"Okay. If that's how its going to be. Too bad your first battle against me is wasted like this, though. Glaceon! Shadow Ball!"

"CEEEON!" The Glaceon formed a dark mass and blasted the Duskull right down a nearby hall, blowing out a window that lead to the outside.

"Duskull!" he turned the corner and recalled the Duskull back to the ball. "You think your Ice Pokemon are so tough? I actually came ready for you, just in case."

"Really?" I said, crossing my arms, not in the least bit amused. Oh this was going to be good.

"Marowak!" he shouted, tossing the ball out. In a flash of light, out came a Marowak, sure enough, out for battle. However, if I didn't know better, it was another one of those variants. It had a cross shape pattern on its skull, it was generally black all over otherwise, and the ends of its bone like staff was actually on fire. More like a greenish-blue fire...something not of this world. A ghost? And fire type? Like Chandelure? Weird was it was to me these variants were, I was too irritated with my opponent to care at the moment. "This is your answer. A fire dancer. God, if your inept battling is only rivaled by your stupidity. you never change."

"Tough talk for someone who doesn't have the advantage anymore! Marowak! Use Flamethrower!"

"Glaceon! Mirror Coat!" I shouted.

The Marowak spun its bone club around, unleashing a massive funnel of fire that rushed towards the Glaceon. Glaceon stood its ground, giving its fur a reflective icy sheen. The Glaceon gritted its teeth as the inferno rushed and tried to sweep away the Glaceon, only for the Glaceon to give a hard wail and unleash a massive backlash, blasting through the inferno and smashing right into the Marowak, sending it careening through a nearby wall.

"Marowak!"

"He's done." I said. "Thanks Glaceon" I said, recalling my Pokemon.

As much as 'Bones' as he wanted to be called didn't want to admit it, he was right. The Marowak was down for the count in spades. Before he had the chance to recall his fallen Marowak, though, I rushed him, snatched him up by the shirt collar and slammed him against the wall. "You little b*****d. I swear, I thought you couldn't hit new lows, but yet, you continue to surprise me like this."

"Like you're going to do a thing to me. You don't have what it takes."

"......at one time? That was true. Because every time you pulled something stupid, every time I tried to scold you for doing it, you always hid behind someone else in order to get them to take your way. I'm guessing that came back and bit you on the hide. You eventually didn't get your way and it's the reason why your here, isn't it? Unfortunately for you..." I said, reaching back with a free-hand, fist clinched, ready to sock the teen in my grasp. "You made your decision. And unlike the other times, I care nothing for these guys you're trying to hide behind."

"Blizz?" Tristen's voice came from the other side of the house, perhaps from the front door. It caught my attention, turning my head for that one second. In that one second was all that he needed. A searing pain came across my arm instantly.

"GAH!" I dropped 'Bones' to the floor. He quickly scrambled up and recalled his Marowak then bailed out from the house as I writhed in pain. I looked at the cut he gave me then looked down. Glass from the glass door. He must have picked it up at some point, maybe before the battle as a cheap insurance policy. "That b*****d...blast it. He always knew how to run like a blasted coward."

"Blizz?" Tristen's voice came up again. Tristen turned the corner, seeing me putting pressure on my arm. "Blizz, are you alright?"

"I'm fine!" I said, agitation and anger clearly making it look I wasn't.

"........"

I looked back towards Tristen, a little upset. "Sorry...I...ugh...I didn't mean to snap at you." I looked back towards the window then shook my head.

"I didn't think that these guys would get you this upset. Let alone the guy that shot you from behind...did you know him?" Tristen asked.

"Yea. I did." I said to him.

"Who is it?"

"..." I was reluctant to say at first, but I knew this was going to hound me for a while. "...that was my brother." Tristen's eyes went wide, surprised that I said it, and for that matter, it was a brother? As in literal flesh and blood sibling? "And before you go on and ask, keep in mind one thing. What you and Tails had between you two was the closest thing to perfect that one could really hope to achieve. I got to admit, I was a little jealous. There are some families...that weren't that close, sad to say."

"I...uh..."

"Let it go, Tristen. Just...let it go. Let's meet back up with the others. I'll have to contend to this personally later." I said. The two of us left the house to rendezvous with the rest of the team.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:32 pm
"Awww, dang it. Everyone must have left already. Also when did it start raining here?" Guess i should have mentioned that i was gonna jump back to HQ for some food, after this old place and its rancid food, i figured everyone would like or enjoy a personally made meal from Jezebel." Shrugging his shoulders, he pulls up his hood and starts walking up the road in hopes that he finds someone, or anyone.

"This weather is fierce, I really hope it doesnt get any worse. Do they not have hurricane alarms in his region? I mean seriously? it's a chain of islands." He grumbled to himself.  

Arkelos

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:35 am
"Look, can we not?" Amaranth asked, not entirely sure about wanting to deal with these sorts. She didn't doubt her ability to hold her own in a battle against them, but she couldn't shake the feeling that these guys probably didn't deserve the sort of thrashing they were about to receive. Maybe. There was bound to be a couple that did. "We just want to know why he's with you," she continued, motioning to Beau... just in time to see the Vilvillon hybrid in question get smacked by Leslie and have a small fight.

"He ain't taking no smack from her. You ain't giving me a reason to take it from you!" At once, he'd send out a Fomantis, leaving Amaranth to sigh as the little Pokemon gave the fiercest look it could. Which still looked less fierce and more adorable if this were under different circumstances.

"I think I see why GRAY berates you two..." Slapping her face with her palm and shaking her head, she'd move to let her Doduo out. "Alright, Swift, let's go!"

Suddenly, a look of shock came across her opponent. A look that suggested that he wasn't expecting his Fomantis to be fighting a bird. "Yo, what gives, girl!? You ain't gotta go swinging like that!"

"You ain't giving me a reason to go easy," she shot back, letting him proceed to eat his own words. "Drill Peck!" Panic could be heard from the Fomantis and Skull grunt alike as Swift rushed in through the rain, using both of his heads to do a series of pecks and aiming the attacks to practically drill into the Fomantis and reveal how little of a chance it had. The attack alone was enough to bring it down, and it was safe to say someone was feeling out of their league all of a sudden.

That someone was not Amaranth.

"You just got lucky, yo. Check it, Salandit!" Trying to get some sort of edge back as the Pokemon was sent out, he'd immediately have it let out a cloud of Smog. His hopes to leave Swift choking on it would end up being just that: hopes. The rain was a shade too heavy for it to linger much at all, and the noxious fumes were gone as soon as they came in. With Doduo looking completely unfazed by it, the opponent's feelings of being in over his head only grew greater by the moment.

"Uh..." Unsure of what to make of it, Amaranth just gave a curious glance. Was that all? Really? This felt a bit too easy to her, shaking her head again at the thought. "Just Drill Peck again, Swift? Make it quick for them." Unlike the Fomantis before it, the Salandit would prove to be a little more resilient and was able to withstand the attack. Sort of. It still didn't look to be in good shape afterward.

"Do we have to keep doing this? You could just stop, you know," she spoke up, only to be responded to with wild arm gestures. The horror.

"I ain't stopping so you can have a laugh! Flamethrower, Salandit!"

Though the flames spewed from Salandit were able to reach and burn Doduo a bit, the rain would put a mild dampening on the parade. It still wasn't enough to bring him down, not with the attack looking nowhere like what it could have been. Deciding not to say a word, Amaranth would just nod to have Swift finish off the Salandit with Quick Attack.

Slowly, the Skull grunt would back off himself, having enough sense to at least not push his luck. She'd recall her Doduo afterward, wondering if there was going to be further opposition from them.

Reno Vantas

Requiem of Whyspers

SubonicXP

Blizzard120

Arkelos

"Alright, let's show them what happens to anyone that messes with Team Skull and what we think of anyone who wants to be in two crews. Oh, and don't stay out in this, got it?"

Though no one would hear the comments from the balcony, they would notice that the skies took on a sudden purplish tinge. The rains went from being miserable to carrying an almost sickening feel to it. The Skull grunts lingering around would quickly bail and run for shelter, moving to get out of it and not wanting to chance whatever was causing it. If anyone stayed out in it for any length of time, they might find theirselves feeling increasingly sick. Even if they didn't, it gave the town an eerie, ominous look that suggested staying around wouldn't be the greatest of ideas. Not when Odd seemed to have been found and Beau detained.

There would be no alarms to speak of, to Arkelos' potential dismay. Only the ones that might start sounding in everyone's heads.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:38 am
Keiko would sigh, reluctantly picking up Natalia's ball. "Yeah, can we really not? We just want our friend back. Sub's the only one talking about taking over, to be fair."

"I can appreciate that, but it's not like he isn't in your crew, yo," one of the male grunts spoke up, walking up to her. "Or the other way around, I'm not gonna presume how your gang functions. I mean, really, if not for this turf war thing, I'd probably be asking you out. You're really cute."

"Thanks, but I have a boyfriend already," Keiko replied, trying at least to take the compliment.

"Do you, though?" the grunt asked, looking legitimately concerned. "A real man should stay by his chick, and I don't see anyone by your side. Or is he one of those beta guys who likes Pokemon more than girls?" he added with a smirk.

Lightning struck behind Keiko, as if illuminating the fact that she was about to snap. "You... watch... your... mouth..." Keiko growled, her hands slowly clenching into fists as her visage shifted to something befitting a person consumed by unforgiving rage.

"Aw, crap. Touched a nerve, huh?" the male grunt sighed dejectedly, rubbing the back of his head with one hand and grabbing a Pokeball from his belt with the other. "Not much point in tallking, then, I guess. Sorry, cutie, but you being with them and all, I gotta try to kick ya out, yo. Nothing personal, a'ight?" he asked, letting an Alolan Meowth out of its ball.

Hera would quickly be let out of her ball, the Heracross looking forward to fighting again. Unaware of her trainer's unyielding wrath, she looked back at Keiko, wanting to be told what move to use.

Keiko would be quiet for now, however, and it would be the male grunt that spoke up instead. "Aw, man, that thing resists Dark-type moves. "Ehh, well, Meowth has some sick Normal-type moves, too, yo! But I prefer a direct confrontation, none of that war of attrition crap. Meowth, taunt it a little."

Meowth would obey with a smile on its feline face, chuckling in Pokespeak and telling Hera how no move she used could ever put a dent in him, that she was too weak to do any damage whatsoever. The move created the desired effect, but now Hera was almost as mad as Keiko was.

"Brick Break," Keiko ordered. As Hera was too angry to notice her trainer's unusual behavior, she lunged forth, thrusting a Fighting-type-drenched fist into the Meowth's abdomen. As the Meowth was gloating to itself about how great it was, it didn't see the attack coming and was completely overwhelmed by it.

"Oh, come on! Fighting-type moves?" the grunt whined. "You don't want to throw a couple Bug-type moves at it? Make this thing at least a little fun?"

"CLOSE COMBAT!" Keiko roared, unmoved by the grunt's call for mercy. This time, Hera couldn't ignore what was happening to Keiko, and to make matters worse, her opponent was recalled to its Pokeball.

"Okay, jeez!" the grunt yelped, putting Meowth's ball back on his belt. "My Meowth fainted, okay? You won that one!" he lied, trying to placate Keiko so she'd calm down, which would actually calm her down a little. "Look. I don't really want to fight you, but I gotta defend my turf, yo. So forget what I said earlier and let's just try to have some fun with this, alright?"

Keiko would calm down visibly upon hearing these words, but she hadn't forgiven the grunt just yet. "Alright, cool," the grunt would say when he saw this. "Sorry, but my other Pokemon won't be near as easy to take down. Got him to evolve and everything. I'm pretty proud of him, yo," the grunt added with a smile. "Come on out, Toxapex!"

Seeing the Poison-type, Keiko would withdraw a very worried Heracross and let Natalia out of her ball instead. The grunt smirked, somehow recognizing Keiko's Xatu. "You're not gonna take it easy on me at all, huh?" he asked with a lopsided grin. "Guess there's no point in using status moves, then. Toxapex, give that bird a taste of Liquidation!"

Toxapex would surround itself with water via Water-type energy, creating a large orb of water which it would then launch at Natalia, making sure to stay in place so as to keep its distance from the enemy, which it could sense Psychic-type energy from.

Despite her best efforts, Natalia failed to dodge the attack, and took quite a bit of damage as a result, but she was far from fainting. Keiko, however, was starting to relent. "Look, normally, I'd be trying to enjoy myself with a battle, too, but I'm just not in the mood. I just want to get my friend and get out. You seem like a pretty okay guy, but... sorry about this. Natalia, Psychic."

Natalia could sense her trainer's distress, but did as she was told, surrounding Toxapex in an aura of Psychic-type energy before sending that energy crashing down on the Poison-type. To Keiko's surprise, Toxapex was still on its feet after that attack. "See what I mean?" the grunt asked, beaming with pride. "This Pokemon is no pushover! Give that bird a taste of your bite, Toxapex!"

Keiko gasped when she realized what the grunt was up to, but Natalia had a much easier time dodging this attack, as Toxapex had to leap into the air to try to bite Natalia, and she was far more skilled at aerial movement. "Use Psychic again, Natalia," Keiko asked, wanting to end the battle quickly. Natalia would once again cover Toxapex in Psychic energy, allowing it to wash over the Poison type with similiar results, though Toxapex would seem more worn out than the last time, considering this was the second Psychic-type move it took. "Okay, now finish it off with Air Slash, so we-"

"YO!" the male grunt yelled, getting Keiko's attention. "I'm not taking this crap lying down! Venom Drench, Toxapex!" Toxapex smirked, firing a blast of Poison-type energy that, once it connected with Natalia, left the Xatu covered in a thin layer of sludge. Her Air Slash would connect, but it would be weakened by the sludge, and Toxapex would survive the attack as a result - albeit slightly.

"Alright! Now! Use Recover to get your energy back!" the grunt roared. Before Keiko could react, Toxapex imbued its body with Psychic-type energy that would heal its wounds much like how Audrey's Heal Beam works.

Keiko clenched her fists once more, but her anger had faded entirely, being burned off by the boiling of her Trainer's blood. "Guess you're too proud of your friend to let me take it easy on you. Fine. Hard way, it is, then. Natalia, Confuse Ray, please."

Sensing that Keiko's pain had left her temporarily, Natalia happily followed orders, hoping to put on a show that would lift her trainer's spirits. A beam of Ghost-type energy would be emitted from Natalia's beak, striking Toxapex between the eyes and confusing it. "Yo, that's messed up!" the grunt protested, before smirking at his opponent. "But if that's the way you wanna play, I'm down! Toxapex, use Toxic."

Toxapex would smile once more, before emitting Poison-type energy that would fill Natalia's bloodstream with a toxin that would rapidly deplete her health. Keiko, however, was unfazed by this. "Psycho Shift, Natalia," she smiled sweetly. Natalia would comply, forming a psychic bond with Toxapex and using it to transfer her illness to the Poison-type. Though the poisoning would wither away while in Toxapex's body, the point was getting it out of Natalia, which was successful.

"Okay, can't give you status effects. That sucks," the grunt frowned, though it was easy to tell that he was still enjoying himself. "Alright, Toxapex, give that bird a tasted of your Spike Cannon! See how easily it flies with spikes in its feathers!" Toxapex attempted to use the move and fired a multitude of spike-shaped bolts of Normal-type energy, but not one of them hit Natalia, in fact, the confused Pokemon sent the spikes every which way, and even got struck by a fair few of the projectiles itself. "Dude, no! What're you doin'!?"

Keiko gave the grunt an odd look. "It's confused. Remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Crap," the grunt sighed. "Guess Pin Missle wouldn't be a good idea, then. Same thing'd end up happening. Sod it, give it another taste of Liquidation, Toxapex!"

Toxapex would begin gathering Water-type energy again, but Natalia was quicker, building up an orb of Water-type energy and throwing it at Toxapex. Though Toxapex would resist the attack, it would still do a bit of damage. Natalia wouldn't be able to dodge Toxapex's Liquidation, either, and would take a fair bit from that.

Keiko was a bit surprised at the copycat tactic, nonetheless. "That was... Me First, right?" Keiko would ask to no-one in particular.

"You feelin' any better, Toxapex?" the grunt would ask as the Poison-type shook off the last of its confusion. "Cool, give Spike Cannon another shot. Chances are that this thing'll resist Pin Missle, anyway." Toxapex complied, firing more Normal-type spikes at Natalia. These bolts of energy would find their target this time, and Natalia would be pretty badly weakened by the attack.

Keiko would ask if Natalia was okay, but the bird stayed silent, focusing on getting back up, which it managed to do. "You're getting pretty beat up, Natalia. Just use Psychic again. I was kinda enjoying this battle, but I don't want you to faint."

"Yo, don't let the birdie take you out this quickly, Toxapex!" the grunt shouted, but the Psychic-type energy was already on the Poison-type, draining the last of its strength and causing it to faint. Dejectly, the grunt recalled it back to its ball. "That's pretty messed up, but I gotta admit, I kinda enjoyed that fight, too. You got some pretty kick-a** Pokemon on you. Shame you gotta roll with these losers," the grunt would say, glancing over at Amaranth, Blizzard, and Sub.

"They're not-" Keiko started to say, but the grunt was nowhere near done with his rant.

"I mean, you've got some pretty serious talent. Not to mention rare pokemon. I mean, Heracross? Pretty sure those don't roam outside Johto, like, at all. Pretty sure Xatu comes from there, too, come to think of it. But I'm getting off-topic. You could put in some serious work by working with us."

"Hold on, I-"

"Granted, it'd take some doing before the boss'd be okay with that. The administration is pretty serious about tradition and that crap. You being an outsider, they might not be down with you joining up. Though I'm fairly sure they'd consider it when they saw how good you are at this whole Pokemon thing."

"Look, I'm not-"

"I mean, let's face it, you're too good for these guys. You really trying to run with a bunch of cosplayers? What do you do, go around showing off fruity costumes and arguing about migration patterns and other flavor text bullcrap nobody cares about? They're just wasting your time."

"You have no-"

"Might as well give up on that boyfriend of yours, too. Any dumbass that would rather play with a bunch of animals than spend time with his woman doesn't deserve a cutie like y-urrrggkk-"

The grunt was violently interrupted by having a fist shoved into his solar plexus. The rage that Keiko had felt earlier had not only returned, but it was amplified by the grunt's insensitive and inconsiderate words.

"SHUT! THE ~/~! UP! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE OR WHAT THEY'VE BEEN THROUGH! AND COSPLAYERS!? THEY'RE HYBRIDS, YOU DUMB ~/~! I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE ARTICUNO HYBRID OVER THERE COULD END YOUR LIFE WITH A THOUGHT! AS FOR WHAT WE DO, WE STOP IDIOTS LIKE YOU FROM DOING DUMB ~/~ AS A PROFESSION!! AND IF YOU SAY ONE MORE THING ABOUT TERASHI, I'M GOING TO PERSONALLY END YOUR LIFE IN THE MOST VIOLENT WAY POSSIBLE!! SO I SUGGEST THAT YOU SHUT DIRECTLY THE ~/~ UP!!!"

Tears were leaking from Keiko's eyes, but she was far too angry to start crying. The grunt, on the other hand, seemed to be only mildly surprised by Keiko's outburst, despite being well and truly afraid of her by now. "Alright. Alright. I take it back," he said, slowly rising to his feet so as to avoid receiving another punch. "I take all of it back," he added spitefully once he was on his feet, before turning to walk away, heading for the mansion. Though, after a few steps, he stopped, and turned to face Keiko once more. "Well, not all of it. You're still kinda cute. But I don't date crazy chicks."

With that, the grunt walked away. The term 'crazy chicks' stuck in Keiko's mind, and she looked down at herself, her anger quickly being replaced with despair. But before she could break down, a mostly green Gardevoir appeared before her and whisked her away with a Teleport, taking her back to HQ and away from prying eyes.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:23 pm
Luckily for everyone, they would seem to escape from the town before things could become too rough for them. If they hadn't found their own way out, Claydol would've been called at once by Amaranth to try and ensure that everyone had an immediate exit plan. Eventually, the sudden changes to the rain and skies would cease, but for the moment, no one was going to dare walk outside.

(Rewards can be found here.)  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces