Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Familial Affection (Alumet + Alusia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:01 am
Between chores and the other things she got up to in a day, it was hard to make time for almost anything else. Rest days felt too few and far between for her to count on, and it took time before she was even willing to get out of bed. It was with a grudging moan that she moved to get up, barely managing to head for the mirror to do her hair. After all, it wouldn't do for her to look anything less than perfect, even on a rest day. Slowly, she moved towards the glass that she used to fix her appearance, gently doing the braid that would be put in to a bun, ensuring that her skin was clear, settling the uniform about her full figure and then nodding to her reflection. Yes. This would do, she supposed. Good enough for what she was planning.

After all, she barely got a chance to see her mother what with all the things she had to do. Shaking her head, she smiled, making her way down the way and noting the people around her with either a coy smile or wink. SOmthing to thrall them as she passed. Why not? She was loved and wanted...it was normal. At least, to her. Shaking her hair back, she was happy to wink at one more person before her mother came in to view. The kitchens were always so nice and warm, and there was nowhere else she would rather be than right here.

For a moment, she said nothing, just watching. So beautiful, her mother, "Hello mother." It was so warm and happy. She had missed her.

MasterHarper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:17 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

With breakfast long having been served, Alusia had found herself working on some meat pies for the evening meal. With so many Weyrfolk to feed, those of the kitchen were almost always in a constant loop of cooking, cleaning, drying dishes, and prepping. Three meals a day, plus varied trays of snacks and drinks to be set out, meant that there was always much to do. Alusia herself was not a trained cook, but she had been at the Weyr long enough to know how to make certain dishes, and assist with all the rest. The Headwoman Padmia was a capable woman who did her best to play to her staff's strength, and knew that Alusia had a knack for breads and baking. So, this day she had tasked the woman, and a few other cooks, to work on the day's more savory bakes.

Alusia didn't mind.

To start, she was cooking up a large batch of the filling, while some of the other's worked on the pastry in the other room. She had to make quite a few batches of filling, but it meant there were no leftovers from the previous nights roast, and would mean all they'd have to do is fill the pies and put them over the fires to cook.

The woman was mixing in herbs and seasoning to a new batch when her daughter snuck into the room. Alusia hadn't expected a visitor, outside of the few drudges she directed to aid her as needed. It was when Alumet spoke that the blond looked up from her work, and a broad smile quickly crossed her features. "Alumet," she greeted warmly, setting down her wooden spoon, and wiping her hands off on her apron.

Her daughter was growing up fast, and Alusia couldn't help but admire her. While she would have never guessed that her life would be spent working hard in the kitchens, the blond courtesan wouldn't have changed anything. While her marriage had failed, she had been blessed with three beautiful children. She would suffer the heartache and pain of those Turns over again just for her three babies. Alusia might have given up being Lady Saffron, but having her children was worth it. "I didn't expect to see you here. Do you need anything, dearheart?" Moving around the table, the woman bridged the distance between Alumet and herself, reaching out so she might draw the girl into an embrace.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:58 am
The smells of the kitchen were almost as enticing as the feeling of her mother's familiar embrace. Making her way over to the woman, the smaller girl simply pulled in to the hug, nuzzling in to her mother's shoulder for a moment. Faranth help her, sometimes she missed being close to the woman. She missed warm nights cuddled up with both Aluisa and her brother. However, she couldn't let herself miss it too much, could she? She was a candidate...and oh so busy, "Might've had more with the fact that I missed you, mother...I wanted to see you." Her smile was sweet, eyes sparkling.

Alumet loved her mother dearly, always wanting to be near her if she got the chance to press close to the other. "It's a day off, so I wanted to spend time down here with you if I could. I enjoy the smell of the kitchens." Alumet's body leaned on the counter. her head tipping to the side as she watched her mother with a critical gaze, her smile never leaving her face. She adored this, adored being near the woman. It made her feel like she was home.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:21 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Alusia's heart warmed to hear her daughter's reason for coming down to the kitchens. Knowing that Alumet hadn't outgrown their bond, and hadn't yet become too busy for her, pleased Alusia more than she could say. Her children were her life, and while she did not begrudge them their own lives, now that Cahlusi and Almet were Candidates, her room was mostly alone. She had one more daughter yet, but her youngest daughter would soon be sleeping in the Candidate Barracks as well. All of her children were fast becoming adults, and while she was proud of them.... she also was a bit heartsore. Age was a bittersweet thing, and she might well become nothing but an afterthought.

Alusia would never admit it to her children, but the fear of them outgrowing her lingered deep in her heart. She was not blind. She understood the natural order -- someday Cahlusi and Alumet might Impress, or even have families and children their own, as they should -- but it wasn't easy coming home to a mostly empty nest.

Alusia had never been a woman who enjoyed being alone, though she could, and would, accept it. So for now, she would enjoy and cherish her daughters attention, and be pleased.

"I've missed you too, daughter mine," she confessed with her usual warm and loving smile. Giving Alumet one more squeeze, and another kiss on her hair, she lingered a moment or two, before finally getting back to her work. Dinner wasn't going to be served any later just because she had a visitor, and she didn't need the Headwoman or her assistants giving her a hard time, or requesting her children not seek her out. "Well, make yourself comfortable, love. I've still another couple of hours on duty so am afraid I can't get away too soon. But I also wouldn't mind the company." She picked up her wooden spoon and began stirring her seasonings back into the future filing. "How have you been, my heart? Are lessons treating you well?"

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:03 am
Masterharper

Ah, her mother's warm smile was everything Alumet had missed in the world. The woman was as important to her as anything, and the embrace was warmer still than the smile. She leaned in to it, nose wrinkling slightly at the kiss to her white hair. Oh, but she loved moments like this. Moving to sit once it was over, Alumet could not help but be amazed at her mother's dedication. Aluisa was so proud of her work, and she knew why. Her mother's cooking always made it in to every meal, and she could tell the difference. Even now, the smell of the spices got a bright smile, eyes glittering.

Oh, how much she adored this, her mother cooking while she watched, "Lessons have been good, though I would be lying if I said that I wasn't finding distinct pleasure in the chores, oddly. It is nice to have something to do, though I relish my off days." That was honestly true.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:35 am
Alusia continued to work, finding that it came easier when one of her children was present. Though she had come a long from being the enchanting Lady Saffron during her youth, she didn't really begrudge her position or her place. After Cahlumet, and her children, her priorities had changed. Her career as a Courtesan was retired, and her entire focus was ensuring that Cahlusi, Alumet, and Lusialu were provided for -- the Weyr was that place. She had been lucky to have been welcome, and though she had to work to earn her keep, she did not mind the work. There was something nice about knowing her contributions were of use to the Weyr -- and while she was no Cookcraft Master, for her children's security, she would do any job the Weyr asked of her.

"Candidacy is an unusual position for a person to be in," she stated as she worked. "You find yourself between places. Not quite a rider, not quite sure if you'll ever be a rider, and not yet embraced fully in a craft or trade, either. A transition period, really," she smiled warmly and chuckled. "I"d imagine the work makes a nice change from lectures and lessons; and it can help you feel as if you're doing something more than just... waiting." Now, perhaps that wasn't how Alumet felt, but Alusia had been an Candidate for quite a few Turns before she aged out. She remembered the anticipation, as well as the same old routines. It had been a fun time, certainly, but it also had been dull for the Courtesan, and marred with countless disappointment. Well. She simply was not meant to be a rider -- there was no shame in that. Instead, she was destined to be a mother, a lover, and a lower caverns worker.

Alusia was happy. At this point, there was nothing she lacked. "Do you have a restday coming up soon? I wouldn't mind getting Cahlusi, Lusialu, and you together. With both of you as Candidates, and your sister soon to follow, I'm afraid I'll have too much freedom on my hands." She laughed warmly, her words proud. She did not begrudge her children their freedom.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
LOL I feel like we could probably wrap this one up soon and if you still wanted Mom & Daughter time -- maybe a more current RP would be nice. Especially with her graduation in a few months!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas