PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:34 am
On hold for a bit, trying to decide something plotwise

Name: [ Raisa ]
Stage: [ Prentice ]
Race: [ Pure Yaeli ]
3 Base Traits:
[ Defensive, Gentle, Imulsive ]

Personality:

Defensive: She suffers from low self esteem and has a hard time not taking criticism personally. She tends to take it very hard if she feels she is being judged or rejected.

Perfectionist: her standards for herself are extremely high, she is meticulous and regards anything short of perfection as unacceptable. Since perfection is impossible, she's finds herself straining determinedly towards unobtainable goals and suffering from unnecessary stress.

Gentle: having dealt with a lot of emotional turmoil throughout her life, Raisa shows great empathy and consideration for the suffering of others.

Bold/Impulsive: Raisa has a tendency to act without necessarily thinking through the consequences of her actions. If she sees someone doing wrong, she will jump in without stopping to consider if she can win the battle. She does what she thinks is just, no matter what.

Superstitious: While the issue ultimately was centered around her mother's death, Raisa still grew up being told she was haunted or cursed for many years. She believed it for a long time until she was old enough to start questioning her father. While she understands his attitude towards her now, part of her does wonder if her mother's death bringing her into the world was a bad omen. She is very careful to avoid attracting any additional bad luck.

Description:
[ Color theme (6th row-the purple one)

Hair: Half up, held in the back with some hair sticks. The bottom portion is 5 chunky braids. Two in front on either side of her head, three in back (to her elbows). She has bangs. Lavender hair.
Style inspiration

Skin: Lightly tanned olive toned skin
Eyes: Glowing silvery/gray, big, long eyelashes
Crystals: A big one on top of each hand, some clustered on her shoulders. Anywhere else, CC.

Clothing:
Lighter olive greens, browns, tans
Something like this: Outfit Inspiration Colors CC, I'd love some Yaeli embroidery
Leg armor
Some sort of beaten brass geometric earrings:
Inspiration or This

Colors, details, adjustments CC

Accessories: [ leather choker, some string bracelets with beads and leather arm cuffs, hair sticks, either beaded or made out of knobby wood, earrings]

History:
[ Raisa spent her childhood reviled by a father who blamed her for her mother's death and feared her for it. Her biggest solace was her elder brother Rainier, who saw her as someone precious to be protected from the darkness rather than someone to be hated and feared as a source of it. For the most part, her father dealt with his emotions towards her by simply pretending she didn't exist, she was regularly sent to the sanctum for cleansings as her father tried to banish or cure whatever his diseased brain had decided was wrong with her that week but most of the time she was left to her own devices as long as she stayed out of her father's sight. Rainier was only four years older than Raisa but he became like a talisman for her, she looked up to him, she felt safe as long as he was by her side. Her feelings towards her father were complex, she loved him in a way, she wanted his approval, wanted to make him proud and find a way to convince him that she was neither haunted nor possessed. She was a good daughter and he had nothing to fear from her. At the same time, he was the instrument of her alienation, he refused to look at her, refused to speak to her, shivered when she entered the room, refused to touch anything she touched unless it was vigorously cleaned, and essentially treated her as though she was diseased and heavily contagious. Without her brother's presence her self confidence would have been decimated, it was still heavily damaged. She couldn't understand where the fear came from, Rainier spent time with her and he was fine, for a long time she didn't understand why their father couldn't see that it was all in his head. As she got older she realized it was more that he refused to see. There was no evidence save that he had fabricated that Raisa was a plague on his household. She had never done anything to him. One night, while her brother was away on a job, her father had come home heavily intoxicated. He had sat at the table crying and saying her mother's name over and over. Raisa had tried to go to him, to comfort him, her heart breaking for his pain. He had reared up and pulled away from her as if burned the moment her hand touched his arm. At that moment, she lost her head. She screamed at him with the pent up frustration and hurt of years. She had never done anything to hurt him, why couldn't he just love her? He had yelled back that he could never love a monster that had killed her own mother.

Breathless, Raisa had slumped to the floor, feeling as if her chest had been hollowed out with a dull sword. So that was it. Somehow she had never put two and two together. When her father ordered her out of the house for good, she had left without another word, taking nothing with her, Raisa had no doubt Rainier would find her when she returned so she went to the Orphanage and settled down to wait for him.

If Rainier noticed that she was unusually quiet when he came for her, he assumed it was pain over her banishment. But for Raisa, home had never been the place she had grown up, had never been the father that rejected her. Home was wherever Rainier was, and now that it was just the two of them, she finally had the chance to start over and try to heal. Raisa's pain stemmed from wondering if her father had been right all these years to hate her, had she never been born Rainier would have grown up with a mother and an unbroken father. She wondered if Rainier knew the truth, but she was afraid of the answer and so held it inside.

Now, finally old enough to begin her training, Raisa is determined to master a class and learn to take care of herself, so as to relieve her brother Rainier of the burden of caring for her. She knows he loves her, but feels guilt over how much he has sacrificed for her, not realizing that he has never placed any blame on her shoulders. (I see Raisa becoming a sentinel or Assassin but I'd like to plot her more before committing, I see her as jumping into the offensive with her brother frantically trying to cast defensive spells in front of her)

Link to her brother's journal. I had originally planned to rp Rainier with her as an npc for a while, but I think I'd like to be able to get into Raisa's brain some during their interactions as well n_n; ]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:04 am
Updated 6/11  

Faithofthefallen

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:25 pm
First off, welcome to the fold! Good job putting so much thought into her already. So let's do this, I'm just going to ask questions as they occur to me, so this is going to be rather free form:

It looks like there might be some conflict in her character traits. She's a meticulous perfectionist who gets stressed when things don't work out the way she wants them, yet she is also impulsive? This seems a bit off to me, as being so obsessed with perfection often leads to delaying decisions in order to weigh the pros and cons of every option/choice. Being a bit of one myself, I find it difficult to make split second decisions. If you wanted to imply that she is more impulsive when it comes to social justice, perhaps there is a better adjective for that? She seems like a very empathetic person who wants to help people. Perhaps consider 'altruistic' as a better option? Unless her impulsiveness leaks into other aspects of her life, in which case you might want to develop that further, nice and fleshed out.

Her history looks really good, the superstitious nature of the Yaeli really comes through. So what made her brother so sure that Raisa was not the evil omen she was accused of being? Living in a toxic house for that long, with such a determined and mixed up father constantly touting his message, did he ever waver in his commitment to his sister's innocence? Does he see the most recent turn of events as another sign that she may be incredibly, supernaturally unlucky? How does he cope with this?

What made Raisa so sure that if she went to the orphanage, her brother would be able to find her? Does she have a history of gong there when she needs time away from her father? Do the staff know her? Does her brother know about this relationship?

Where do the two of them stay when they leave home, since Raisa took nothing with her? Did her brother pack enough for the two of them? How are they making end's meet? Is there a shelter they are staying at, a friend's? Or did her brother bring enough money for them to rent/buy their own little place? Does Raisa contribute to the household income, and if not, how does she deal with that? Does she feel guilty that she is not helping out more?

Faithofthefallen

◈ Character Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff