belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 pm
User Image

Nomvula took delight in welcoming newcomers to the pride. She wanted them to know that she welcomed them here and that they would adjust to the new pride ways soon enough. While this seemed unnecessary to do with the new males of the pride when the leadership changed, Nomvula was curious about them and so gave them the chance to be treated like everyone else.

Still, there were so many new lions now that she wasn't quite sure where to start! She had gone out of her way to search for one of them, but now that she had started looking it was as though they had all scattered to the wind! Goodness, was this going to be more difficult than she thought?

"All I try to do is make others feel welcome and suddenly when I put my mind to looking for them, they're gone with the wind." She huffed as she searched about the savanna. The pride had stopped for the day and were resting, maybe she should go rejoin her pride sisters and simply leap at the next new male when she saw him next. Then again, if she spotted one now, she would probably act similarly. She just wanted to make them feel special; it could be so scary joining a new pride. As a Busisa, she knew this very well herself.

oo Ded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:29 pm
User ImageAhlaq hadn't really ben socializing today. The sandy lion rested in the shade of a tree, his tan body blending in to the grasses rather well. The past while and been rather unefentful. Not even any rogue males to send away. With all the females doing the hunting, he was feeling a bit pent up. Ahlaq was born a warrior. He was a fighter at heart. This new lifestyle was a bit bizarre.

Not that he was really uncomfortable with it, or anything. It just felt like a different skin that he couldn't quite fit in to, yet. Simply put, he was bored.

The lion stretched, his front legs out in front of him before his stretch pulled him to where he was standing. He should go find something to do.

Just as the thought crossed his mind, he turned to make his way around the trunk of the tree and almost immediately found himself nearly bumping into one of the pride's lionesses.

"Oh!" he called, taking a few hasty steps back. "I didn't see you, there."

belloblossom

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:02 pm
Just as she was grumbling about it and had begun to head back, suddenly, she was looking up at one of the very males that she had sought out. He quickly backed up, but Nomvula came forward with relieved, bright eyes.

"Oh good! You are just who I was looking for, you know!" She exclaimed, tail swinging behind her happily. "Goodness gracious, I nearly had to hunt for one of you males to show up." She said with a grin and then she finally stepped up, bowed forward and upon straightening said, "I'm Nomvula and I wanted to personally welcome you to the Bonelands!" She purred.

She went on.
"I know that it's not really my place to do any welcoming, considering you're one of our new Umholi, but I thought perhaps no one had yet, so I wanted to to the honors. After all, as a Busisa, I know what it can be like to come into a strange new pride and our pride is a little strange, I suppose, but trust me when I say that we're a good bunch of lionesses, okay?" She was so eager to have this male feel better with her good wishes. "Let's see... I'm not sure I can recall your name, I'm afraid. What might I call you?" She asked.

oo Ded

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:52 pm
Oh. Well she was quite energetic, wasn't she?

Ahlaq blinked. If he hadn't been caught off guard by the sudden appearance of the lioness, her eagerness certainly would have done the job. It took him a moment to process all that she had said, and another to actually come up with a coherent reply.

"Ah, yes, well," nice job, Ahlaq. Real good with words. In his defense, his previous homes didn't really foster this sort of… pep. It was something that he'd have to get used to. "Nomvula. I appreciate your welcome. I suppose Umkhombo, Faust and myself have… well. It's a lot to take in. This new home." Well, new for at least Faust and himself. Umkhombo sure seemed comfortable back in his birth home.

"I'm Ahlaq," he introduced himself finally. "And I'm sure you're right, Nomvula. About the lionesses." They did seem nice. Aside from all the gossip and staring, but that was to be expected. And, he supposed, there was the matter of the Qyrhyeshti lionesses that certainly weren't fond of the presence of the Burkueshti Bey, but there was no need to bring that up, now. "You're a Busisa, you say? What brought you to these lands?"

Might as well have some small talk. Get to know the locals.

belloblossom

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:02 pm
If Nomvula noticed that she had caught him at off guard or at an awkward moment, she didn't let on. In fact, she just beamed at him, happy that he took her welcome pleasantly enough and didn't shoo her off. In fact,
he actually went on to asking about herself! She grinned at his question and went on to answer it.

"Home hunting. Or family hunting, might be a better word for it." She said with a half shrug. "I didn't come from anywhere remarkable before this. I was born as a rogue, but I can't remember having any familial connections to anyone. Only cub of a litter and my mom just stuck around to make sure I could provide for myself before she left." She shook her head as though to clear it of the memories that tried to cling to her coat like cobwebs.

"I wanted something more than that-a real family to call my own, so I started looking for somewhere to join. I came to the bonelands a few days after it had rained and so that's how I came to become apart of the pride.
I got a new name, a new home and new family.
" She smiled fondly.
"The lionesses here gave me everything I could ever ask for, so now I'm just doing what I can to repay them. And that includes you, even if you're new." She added with a kindly smile. "No, especially if you're new,
I should say.
" She amended.

"If there's anything I can do to make you more at ease here, do let me know? I know that males aren't supposed to hunt, but... If you're interested in hunting at least to... to make the transition smoother, I can show you where you might find the hunting grounds." She glanced over to the open savanna around them. "Though with the migration, that might prove a little trickier... But I would still try my best, naturally!" She purred, looking back at the Umholi, ever smiling.

oo Ded

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:38 pm
Ahlaq listened to her speak with genuine interest. Coming to a home to find a home. It was as good a reason as any, and made a great deal of sense. This place did seem a welcoming home to the lionesses. So long as they pulled their weight, after all. It was a trying environment to live in. One that required individuals to have a strong network of support. For those who could manage it, it would surely make for a rewarding life. Not without its difficulties, of course, but what life wasn't difficult?

He genuinely smiled at her offer to take him hunting. He had long since learned been aware that it wasn't the norm here for the males to participate in hunts, and it was a nice thought that she would offer to go against the norm for the sake of his comfort.

"As much as I appreciate the offer, and I really do appreciate it," he started, "I wouldn't want some of the other lionesses to think I disapprove of the way things are done around here. I hear that some, those whose families have been her a long while especially, can be…" his voice faded as he searched for the right word, "a bit judgmental." He was already not in good graces with the Qyrhyeshti lionesses, the last thing he wanted was to fall out of favor with some of the others. He was aware that the more 'conservative' lionesses already questioned his slightly smaller frame and his pale coloration. He needed all he could get. And besides, it was his job to stay fit and ready to chase off those who threatened the pride. He didn't want to sabotage himself by overexerting during the hunt.

belloblossom

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:39 am
Nomvula's ears twitched and she frowned a little, but soon she was back on the welcoming happy train and nodded along to what the lion was saying.
"Oh yes, of course I understand. It's very conscientious of you to be thinking like that so soon into your arrival." She hurried on. "Well then, would you prefer I hunt for you?" She offered. She wasn't the best in the pride, like some of the younger lionesses, but she was adequate. Her talents lay in cub-rearing,
despite never having had any cubs herself. She never wanted to get in the way of her pride sisters' chances in having cubs, but now that there were so many eligible males, who knew, maybe her time had finally come.

Remembering who she was speaking to, she felt her fur warm at her train of thought and smiled graciously at the other lion. She ought not be thinking such things in the company of one of those eligible males!

oo Ded

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 pm
A breath left him. Ahlaq blinked at her then shook his head. Was that a thing that happened around here? Would lionesses offer to hunt for him left and right? It was strange, and certainly something that he would have to get used to.

"No, no, it's fine," he responded. Then he sighed. The lion felt out of his own skin.

"Is that what you all do around here? Hunt? There has to be something else you do for entertainment, hm?"

He was mildly curious. In his old home free time was filled with recreational sparring. It was a good way to get the edge off. A life of hunting to live and living to hunt seemed like it could get really old really quickly.

belloblossom

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:42 pm
Nomvula smiled and tipped her head to Ahlaq politely.
"So be it." She replied in regards to the hunting proposal, but she perked her ears when she was asked about what they did for fun.

"I suppose that depends on who you ask. Some of us gossip, though I'm not partial to it myself, others settle down and become mothers. Many of us hunt,
yes, because their is honor in feeding one's family and all us girls are family here.
" She flicked an ear. "Others wander with vulture companions, but many of us tend to stick close to home." She shrugged.

"I'd be happy to tell you all about it, if you're interested." Her smile persisted. "And perhaps you could tell me all about where you came from,
too. Deal?
"

oo Ded
Your next post and this will be finished~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:53 pm
Ahlaq snorted in amusement. Everything around here seemed to be gossip and chatter, even if some lionesses didn't seem to buy into the trend. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing. At least this way he'd be able to get a feel for everything quickly, right? The lion shrugged. No harm in getting to know the locals, right? After all, it seemed like he'd be spending a fair amount of time with them.

"Sounds like a deal," he responded. Maybe it would be nice to take some time off of his feet and just chat a bit. Umkhombo and Faust were there to share the duties, so he could afford to take a break.

Just as long as it didn't get too relaxed. He didn't want to lose his edge.
belloblossom
Fin!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out