Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:09 pm
Alassiel sat on the forest floor, she slowly peeled away the leaf concoction she’d pressed on Rygha’s wounds and grimaced. They were still quite far from any doctor that would be able to get a good look at him and her supplies were running low. The fight with the Suharama had taken a toll on him and Alassiel felt horrible.

“Hang in there,” she said as she began the long process of cleaning the wound. The snaptrotter shivered but did not say anything. “I’m going to get you as many clams as you want when we get back to matori.” She told him with a smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 pm
Tasinei

Tyiva was still adjusting to the earthling lands. While the outside countries were not atrocious as some others would believe -since anything non-Alkidike could be seen as more of an infestation to some sisters- they were still different. The young warrior was not disliking it, however, and found several things quite enjoyable. The differences in appearances did not disgust her, but rather enticed her curiosity while the foods...the foods were a temptation of their own. Back home in Jahaur the warrior had cooked meals and used spices and herbs the same as any other earthling would, but the sweets - those were a new thing for her.

Pastries especially...Tyiva's cheeks flushed as she shook her head. She should stop reflecting upon the great market where she experienced such treats and instead focus on the path before her. Which had the faintest smell of blood. Her brow furrowing the alkidike crouched before creeping through the forest before her. What or who was out here?  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:39 am
Sabra Knight

Rygha’s head snapped up and Alassiel turned in the direction he was looking. She walked voer to the trident she’d stuck into the earth and held it at the ready.

“Who’s there?” She yelled out, eyes narrowing at the forest around them. She strained her ears to hear anything, even the littlest sound. Were they being ambushed? Rygha tried to get up but Alassiel put a hand on his shoulder eyes still fixed on the forest. He couldn’t fight and a rider without her mount was like a fish out of water. She was an easy target and he was even more so.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:41 pm
Tasinei

Ah, so the familiar was keen. Tyiva's antenna flicked forward as she finally got a better view of the shifter and her snaptrotter, "Don't worry." The Alkidike called out before slipping from the shadows and into the light, "I'm not an attacker." She did that wave thing, albeit a bit awkwardly, that she had noticed other earthlings do before.

"I was simply curious about if there was danger up ahead..." She glanced over the woman thoughtfully, "Unless I'm mistaken I doubt that you are wishing for a fight currently?" Not with the way that snaptrotter seemed injured. It seemed more as if they would be wanting help rather than a fight at the moment.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:00 am
Sabra Knight

Well Alassiel didn’t fully trust Alks, she was friends with one but you couldn’t judge all of them by the actions of one.

“Not wishing for a fight no,” she narrowed her eyes a bit. “But I’m more than capable of defending myself if necessary.” She wouldn’t look weak in front of the Alk. “The only one injured is my snaptrotter.” She was still fully capable of putting up a fight if need be.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:17 pm
Tasinei

Ah, so this was another one of those earthlings. Not that Tyiva was offended by the woman's defensive stance, but rather saddened? The thought made the Alkidike's antenna flick backwards before she stopped in her approach. It was wise, after all, to be wary of alks considering how some of her sisters still viewed the earthling races. "I mean no harm." Tyiva replied softly, "But to have a familiar injured is the same as being injured yourself, especially if it is your mount. How badly hurt is your snaptrotter? I'm not a healer exactly, but I have experience with tending to animals since I was close with a few sisters who were riders....that is if you would like some assistance."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 am
Sabra Knight

Did she allow a complete stranger touch Rygha? An akidike at that too? Alassiel gave a quick glance at the wounds, she needed the help, he needed the help… It was an inner turmoil for her, she didn’t trust the girl and for all she knew she could kill Rygha without blinking and the Shifter would have no idea. No, she had to take the risk or Rygha would die anyway from an infection.

“Yes I need the help,” Alassiel finally relented. She stabbed her trident into the soft earth next to Rygha to show she wouldn’t harm the girl.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:35 am
At the acceptance Tyiva nodded, "Tell me how did this happen and does he have any peculiarities about the injury?" The Alkidike approached slowly and lowered her own weapons to the ground. Her antenna flicked forward as she studied the snaptrotter. "I can find some herbs to help with the infection...do you have an idea of how deeply he was hurt? It wasn't by anything like the menzuri was it?" The woman's gaze was sharp as she studied the snaptrotter. Any poison from another creature could be fatal if not treated quickly...even if it was a small amount or a weak poison with this much bloodloss...well it was definitely dangerous.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm
Sabra Knight

“We were ambushed by two Suhurama actually,” Alassiel said looking at the wounds. “The wounds were deep but they’ve been healing a lot slower since we’re on the move so much. They keep getting infected.” The shifter sighed softly and cupped Rygha’s jaw with two hands before giving him a kiss on the nose. “We were lucky to get out of there in time.” The shifter shrugged, she didn’t know what else to say. She didn’t think the birds were poisonous at least so that was always some good news. “I don’t know the plants around here.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:20 pm
Tasinei

Tyiva nodded slowly. If she remembered correctly during her travels the alkidike had seen these suhurama. Or at least heard about the bird creatures before...pursing her lips thoughtfully Tyiva slowly moved so that she could glance closely at the wounds, "I know of plants in this area that could help. If you are willing to set up camp here tonight then I can go about working on a paste to not only help healing, but to also seal the wounds against future infections."

Her antenna flicked thoughtfully as she glanced back towards the shifter, "Would that be acceptable?"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 pm
Sabra Knight

Alassiel mulled things over for a bit pursing her lips a bit in the process. She glanced around a bit to assess the dangers of camping out here. She could fortify the little place and well the Alkidike could fight if it came down to it.

“Here’s fine.” The shifter gave her snaptrotter one last good rubdown between the eyes before putting her hands on her hips. “I’m going to fortify this place for a bit, make it less accessible and set up camp.” With that she was off to find some branches, she needed to start a fire first and the then rest would be easy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:51 pm
Tasinei

Tyiva nodded, "Sounds good." At least it seemed that the earthling was wary, which in this area was good. Not all of her sisters took too kindly to strangers after all - especially ones not of their race. As she laid down her own belongings the alkidike began to shift through until she pulled out a small wooden bowl and a heavy stick carved like a small club. This way she could begin to make a poultice of the herbs that she would begin to gather from the area - something she began doing as soon as the shifter began to fortify the area from possible attacks.

Though she did make certain to stay close just in case...  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:53 am
Alassiel let the girl work on her own, she didn’t want to disturb her or breathe down her back. Instead she focused on the task at hand. She gathered all the wood for the fire and started one quickly. While it grew she moved around their area looking at the weak spots. When she found one she gathered wood and used the branches to block the areas off. Once she was happy she moved to set up her own camp, she pulled up her small canvas tent and propped it up before securing it. She pulled on the strings to make sure they were taunt.

Once satisfied with the whole set up, Alassiel settled by the fire. She wasn’t quiet hungry yet and she would make sure that Rygha was taken care of before she got anything in her stomach.

“Do you fix beasts a lot?”

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:30 pm
Tasinei

Tyiva skirted around the edges of the camp gathering whatever herbs she could find. One with particularly sticky thorns was her main focus as she took a blade and slowly divided the long leaves in half to add to her collection. The insides would provide a cooling agent that would also numb any pain for the beast. Her gaze was narrowed in concentration as she plucked another leaf to bring up to her nose. With a sniff she decided it was bloomed enough and added the silvery plant to her mix as well, "Hm?" She found herself blinking in surprise before raising so that she could glance over at the earthling.

"Somewhat. My sister has a radaku she rides and my aunts are guardians." Replied Tyiva as she sat on the ground and began to beat the roots of a plant to a pulp in her bowl, "It's basic knowledge in my family to learn how to tend to our beasts so that we can be prepared in case a hunt goes wrong."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:51 am
Sabra Knight

To Alassiel it sounded like typical Alkidike knowledge. The warrior woman were every well versed in anything that had to do with fighting and she honestly shouldn't have expected any less. She was thankful though, even if it was hard for her to express the gratitude out loud. She hadn't really hid her animosity towards Alkidikes but here was one of them still willing to help her. Maybe she could just bend a bit like she had done with her other friend.

Just this once.

"That's always good knowledge to have on hand. I must admit I haven't really put much effort into animal medicine as I should have been." And perhaps this was the gods way of punishing her for her lack of knowledge.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff