Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
Chocolate Mock Breeding Hyenas Contest [Over! Winners pg2] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:56 am
User Image

Behold the chocolate and vanilla hyena family!

So Fairy Snails is awesome and did a mock breeding for In Good Faith and I. We’ve decided that they’re all going to be siblings, but we still need owners for two of them!

1: Normal rules for SoA and Gaia apply.
2: You can apply for both, but can only win one.
3: If you're applying for both, please don't edit your post to add one in after the first has been posted. Either post both as the same time, or make a new post for the other application when it's done.
4: You're free to edit a currently posted application until the contest ends though.

They're both personality contests but with a meme aspect. You'll have to provide a meme/gif/something that describes their personality along with your application!

Closing Date: June 11 @ 9pm EST

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:57 am
The Rest of the Family

The Youngest Brother

User Image

Okoro
(which is "man" in Urhobo)
Owned by In Good Faith
Okoro is a serious individual, often no-nonsense and frowns on foolhardiness and risk taking. Eventually he is going to have an unfortunate encounter with mankind, leaving him with severe injuries. TBD if he'll survive. wink

The Second Oldest Brother

User Image
Nuru
(which is Swahili for light; illumination)
Owned by MangoMeow
Cautious. A voice of reason. Usually calm, but can be twitchy and stutter when over stimulated. Can be persuaded by his siblings into getting in over his head when that happens.

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:58 am
The Girlie

User Image

She’s the only girl in this family and the third born in the litter! How does it make her feel, knowing that? Is it exasperating? Boring? Fun? Tell us her side of things!

Form:

[size=18][color=#b22222] YIP YIP! I Like My Chocolate Dark![/color][/size]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b] (your username)

[b]Hyena’s Name:[/b] (her name)

[b]Personality:[/b] (what’s she like?)

[b]Relationship with her brothers?:[/b] (how does she handle being with three guys?)

[b]Plot Ideas:[/b] (do you already have any plot ideas that you’d like to pitch?)

[b]Anything Else?:[/b] (do you have anything else you’d like to mention about her? Extra tidbits or notes?)

[b]MEME!:[/b]

[spoiler] (PROVIDE YOUR MEME HERE) [/spoiler][/size]

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:00 am
The Oldest Boyo

User Image

He’s the oldest of the family! How does he interact with his two brothers and sister? Tell us what he’s like!

Form:

[size=18][color=#191970] YIP YIP! Milk Chocolate Is The Way To Go![/color][/size]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b] (your username)

[b]Hyena’s Name:[/b] (his name)

[b]Personality:[/b] (what’s he like?)

[b]Relationship with his siblings?:[/b] (how does he handle being the eldest?)

[b]Plot Ideas:[/b] (do you already have any plot ideas that you’d like to pitch?)

[b]Anything Else?:[/b] (do you have anything else you’d like to mention about him? Extra tidbits or notes?)

[b]MEME!:[/b]

[spoiler] (PROVIDE YOUR MEME HERE) [/spoiler][/size]

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:02 am
Girl Entries:

1. magnadearel
2. DavyJnah
3. Lethrossen
4. ChaosTheories
5. Ruhane Chiisai

Boy Entries:

1. DavyJnah
2. SilverLutz
3. Ruhane Chiisai
4. Chi Sohma
5. Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:26 pm
Think this is all ready to go now, so...

OPEN!  

MangoMeow

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:27 pm
YIP YIP! I Like My Chocolate Dark!

Username: magnadearel

Hyena’s Name: Eulalia

Personality: Eulalia is a rough and tumble girl. She's had to be. Being the only girl she had to learn early how to throw her weight around among all the boys, so she didn't get smothered. She's not afraid of jumping in with all four feet. She could be feminine if she wanted to be.... but she doesn't. Eulalia is not about to let her siblings have all the fun just so she can act the lady!

She can be a hoyden. Eulalia prefers to run with her pack, wild and care free. When times get tough she'll stand shoulder to shoulder with her brothers. She has confidence that they can take on just about anything as long as they use their heads.

Relationship with her brothers?: Eulalia likes her siblings. There's enough of them to be fun, and if they do manage to get themselves into trouble, there's enough of them to usually get them all out again.

Plot Ideas: I wanna find a male that can settle Eulalia down and show her she can be rough-n-tumble AND a lady. Will he get along with her siblings?

Anything Else?: I think she likes to live on the wild side.

MEME!:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Username: DavyJnah

Hyena’s Name: Dumisani

Personality: Sometimes insufferable. Being the female she's bossy, a lot of the times. She thinks her ideas are the best.

Relationship with her brothers?: Though she loves her brothers she is the one who is the hardest to deal with. Regardless of her age she thinks that she's absolutely number one and should also be seen that way. Voice of reason? No, she wants to hear none of that.

Plot Ideas: Naturally trying to boss her brothers around to her ideas of what they should do and where they should go.
Sometimes wanting to get into more trouble than the group can handle at one time.

Anything Else?:

MEME!:

User Image

YIP YIP! Milk Chocolate Is The Way To Go!

Username: DavyJnah

Hyena’s Name: Sefu

Personality: Outgoing, sometimes bossy, usually have a bunch of good plans.

Relationship with his siblings?: He takes being the oldest actually really well. He likes to think he's the boss even though he's actually a little bit scare of his sister. Sefu does really love all his siblings, always there for them if they need him or his advice.

Plot Ideas: He would love to pitch ideas on where the group could travel or packs to join.
Plotting thing with his more reasonable brother to try and convince the others.
Annoying his sister.

Anything Else?: Sometimes he gets into little tussles with his siblings for fun.

MEME!:

User Image

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:57 pm

Username: SilverLutz

Hyena’s Name: Thimba - he who hunts lions

Personality: Thimba has quite an ego, to put it lightly. He thinks he's the best and everyone should follow him without question. If he ever is wrong he finds a way to blame it on someone else. He is quick-witted and intelligent but his narcissism overshadows it quite often, leaving his brilliant plans in shambles. Thimba is always trying to get himself in the spotlight until something goes wrong, then he's quick to backpedal and deny that he had a hand in doing anything. He'll take the credit that others deserve and will walk all over weak-minded individuals or those with low self-esteem. Underneath his overbearing personality he is quite the coward, always running from true fights or confrontations.

Relationship with his siblings?: With Nuru, Thimba would constantly be goading him into doing his little schemes with him and blaming the other hyena when things go wrong. If Nuru never pushes back, Thimba will know he can use his pale brother for whatever means he wishes and can use him as a scapegoat whenever things go wrong. For the other two, I'd have to see what they were like first! Partners in crime, perhaps, or maybe one of them is as hard-headed as Thimba is. If there is a true Alpha personality among the siblings Thimba would probably detest that sibling. Even though he pretends to act like a dominating presence, a true dominant hyena would overpower him in a moment.

Plot Ideas: I picture the lines Thimba is on as being smaller than the lines his brothers are on - and male yeeners are generally smaller than females - so I can see him being the smallest yet oldest of the four. He'd try to use his age as reasoning behind bossing them around since his size certainly doesn't show he's the oldest. I could see their relationship going one of two ways - they're a little pack of yeeners roaming around with Thimba as the 'mastermind', or Thimba and one - or two! - of the siblings butting heads and struggling for who was the leader of their little pack.

Anything Else?: Thimba changed his name when he was an adol. His name used to be Mosi, meaning first born child, but one day while out hunting he came across a freshly killed male lion, probably done in by a prey beast that he underestimated. For reasons unknown for now (maybe they were part of a pack where he got bullied or perhaps even his siblings bullied him for one reason or another), he decided to make it look like /he/ had killed the lion. He bit and scratched it and rolled in the blood before his siblings happened upon him, and he told them all the story of how the lion attacked him but he killed it in retaliation. He changed his name after that to give himself more importance and to let everyone know of his great deed. He still sticks to his story today, no one saw him kill the lion, but no one saw him faking the story, either.

MEME!:

[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:56 am

Username: Lethrossen

Hyena’s Name: Ife'Furaha

Personality: Being the only girl in a litter of four has caused Ife to become quite boisterous and attention needy, which is sometimes annoying and sometimes endearing. She is very easy to read and not very good at hiding secrets, though usually she has no need to. She's loyal to her family and laughing often. Even though she is loud and comes off, at first, as just one of the guys, she's quite annoyed with getting her pelt dirty, rude manners, and is grossed out quite easily.

Relationship with her brothers?: She likes to be the center of attention when it comes to her brothers and has a hard time when 'actual females' are around. She always strives to make them laugh and to impress them, loyal and protective of them all.

Plot Ideas:
• Ire making female friends finally only to realize it's because they're attracted to any of her brothers
• an on-going competition of dares with one of the brothers
• a string of suitors for Ire that are run off by her brothers, and maybe one that isn't scared and doesn't back down.
• Bug eating competition.

Anything Else?:

MEME!:

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Username: ChaosTheories

Hyena’s Name: Malkia

Personality: Simultaneously the best and the worst sister that the brothers could ever want. Since she is a girl she is clearly superior and tells them what to do all of the time, and gets angry if they decide not to listen to her. But she's also like a surrogate mother, fretting about their health and happiness if one of them shows even the slightest bit of distress. She's pretty much always in the boys' business whenever she can help it.

Relationship with her brothers?: She's fine with the guys and loves them dearly. After all, they are second-class to girls in traditional hyena society, so she has decided she has to be the leader and watch over them, whether they like it or not.

Plot Ideas:
- Lots of sibling quarrels
- Flirty girls are the bane of her existence
- A boy likes HER? What do?

Anything Else?:

MEME!:

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:35 pm
exclaim FYI, the second post has been updated to include the info for the youngest brother!  

MangoMeow

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Username: Ruhane Chiisai

Hyena’s Name: Corukisiin

Personality: A smoothe talker, Coru tends to take things as they come. He behaves much like a human surfer (or a high druggie), and tends to overuse words like 'chill'. He also suffers a penchant towards overcasual addresses, and tends to give silly nicknames to people. Some believe it's just to find out how far he can push before he gets pushed back, but apparently he hasn't reached that point with anyone, yet.

Relationship with his siblings?: Cool as a cucumber. He likes to place peacemaker between them when it's needed and tends to encourage crazy ideas on the off-chance they might provide some entertainment. he's also easily entertained, so he does a lot of bad encouraging.

Plot Ideas: I don't do Plotting, I'd much rather have roleplay. I'd love to see him meet up with someone of an opposing personality or a more commanding female.

Anything Else?: Coru has an unusual, minor addiction to pollen from large reddish flowers, and may lose what little focus he has if he thinks something similar is in the area.

MEME!:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Username: Ruhane Chiisai

Hyena’s Name: Diruseitinaarh

Personality: The risk-taker of the bunch, Diru often HAS the bad ideas. being a little pushy, she'll very often work at convincing her brothers to do things that would be better left not experimented with. Her favorite idea of fun is taunting other beasts and catcalling at creatures who likely never had any interest in her or other hyenas before. Due to this 'hobby', the girl suffers no lack of speed to get away from them, and as such, can outrun many different types of prey, a secondary hobby of hers, when she's not hunting. (she tends to screw around when she's actually supposed to bring in food.)

Relationship with her brothers?: Diru tends to be the antagonist of the group, egging her brothers into bad ideas whenever she can think of them. She tends to be the one that gets them into scrapes, and rarely seems to care if she can get them back out.

Plot Ideas: I'd love to find her a jester of a boytoy at some point, maybe have her end up in the middle of a lion's pridenest, but for what reason i can't fathom. Probably offended someone and claiming it was all in good fun and noone got hurt. Repurcussions to be decided.

Anything Else?: Long term dream is to check off every species she can on a 'list' of creatures she's antagonized and escaped from.

MEME!:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Username: Chi Sohma

Hyena’s Name: Аромат Meaning, Aroma

Personality: He is the type of hyena that kills the stereotype and doesn't quite fit the mold of a regular yeenur. His main decree is to not harm another living soul, except for fish! He is a fish eating yeenur, and for that, he also tries to meditate often and respects the laws of nature. He believes in the lost arts of Aroma therapy, and loves to stop and smell the flowers, and if someone comes to his door, he tries help them via aroma therapy.

Relationship with his siblings?: He doesn't handle it well, he remembered their parents, and the aggressive nature that is yeenurs, and found himself a different path. Whereas, he sees his siblings as students for him to teach that their is a different way to life, but of course its hard going against one's true nature and for that he feels he has failed his siblings although he adores them endlessly.

Plot Ideas:
+ He learns he doesn't seem to fit the model of hyenas so he tries to recruit his siblings to follow a different path ( most likely will fail )
+ Gets told that his therapy is a sham and that he is a lying stupid yeenur. In which he will fall away from his therapy for some time.
+ Will become apart of the healing pride, and will hopefully try to get his siblings to become apart of it and revitalize his therapy techniques.
+ Hopefully find someone to love but most likely gets a girl knocked up, and gets the kids thrown at him
+ Will teach them the ways of meditation and healing

Anything Else?: I would love to rp~

MEME!:

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Username: *Greenie
Hyena’s Name: Zerbitzu - 'service'

Personality: Zerbitzu was named for being the first to aid. Bitz is a problem solving, bend over backwards for you hyena with a can do attitude. He enjoys long walks in the roguelands, helping others and seeing the sights. The joy he gets from traveling is only amplified when he makes a discovery. Discovering new articles, new lands and new individuals are what he loves most.

• First Meet ; Bitz is a little bit wacky. Perhaps he's stumbled across the individual or fallen atop of him. The hyena is a wee bit wild which can make others step back a small amount. Though he isn't a purposeful trouble maker he could be considered clumsy. (He also tends to be collecting something.)

• Hoarding Problem ; This basically explains itself. Bitz is a collector. He loves everything, fine or simple and has no problem with collecting those items up to bring them home. Where ever home ends up being he'd likely have a den just for his 'prized collection' or perhaps 'junk' depending who others spoke to.

Relationship with his siblings?: Zerbitzu always feels responsible. Being the eldest leads to many tasks falling on him, or so he feels. Perhaps as they had grown that might have been the case, but currently he may be thought of as nosy and pushy. Still, Bitzy worries. He loves and will never stop loving his siblings, no matter where life takes them.

Plot Ideas: See below for my plot ideas.

• Collection ; Recently I've won a wee lion name Ska who resembles a lion we're all familiar with (Scar - TLK). For his plots I'd like to include him collecting a pack of hyenas. This group of hyenas will become Thralls within the Myrsky Syntynyt. They'd be protected and though he may speak to them snidely Ska wouldn't dare to hurt one of his precious collection. (Note: These plots likely won't begin until he is an adolescent which gives the hyenas plenty of time to be around and such.)

Anything Else?: Even if I don't win the contest and you (and any others) enjoy the plot idea I'd happily include you in it later on. <3

MEME!:

User Image

[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas