Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 am
User ImageUser Image

[Ali is notorious for sharing around the drums after he left the Nchi. Arild will receive the same treatment, but this time he discovers more than just music..]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:32 am
The stomping sounds of a personal chant could be heard over the quiet night of the roguelands. It paraded across a couple of plains and faded out. Alongside that stomping a jangling of wooden objects could be heard. It was clear the individual causing the sounds had fairly little fear of being caught - thought Arild. "What a fool." Were the words he chose to utter out loud as his eyes danced over the vibrant green male lion that had been doing some sort of jig before a stream. The stream had been Arilds true goal - get a drink and get out, now he was driven to know what possessed this lion to act in this manner.

"You there." Arild called out to the lion, he felt no need to cover or defend himself. The lion was surely a few stones shy of a creek bed, but he didn't appear dangerous by any means. "What is it you're doing?" The pale lion shook out his great pink mane and settled in nearby. Even with taking a seat he appeared rather large - typically it was intimidating. However that was not the reaction he received and instead a sideglance along with a smile would have to do from the other lion as that was all he was going to get. "What are you beating with your paws?" Crystal blue eyes watched the motions of the paws on a large object between the lions legs. It made a loud sound and very nearly drowned out his question. The green male continued beating at the noise maker incessantly and chanting away about something or another. Truthfully it was almost as though he were speaing another language. Was he tained by the gods? Did they do something to shatter his ability to sing?

"What is wrong with you?" Arild felt hs brow rise with the question uncontrollably and he wasn't sure that he wanted to put it back down. Still there was no response from the green male, but golden eyes made contact with him - he knew that the male had seen him. He was beginning to grow frsutrated with this now, time wouldn't stand still - even for crazy folk. "Would. You. STOP." The demand echoed over a sudden silence and the green males head spun about quickly to penetrate his soul with a glare like he'd never seen before. Then the glare disappeared and the face was replaced with a large grin and happy eyes.

"So.. what did you think?" Ali-dido was no preformer, he knew that, in fact he simply enjoyed hitting the drum and even more so.. the look on the lions face. It was clear he was causing some degree of pain based on the way the lions face contorted. "What did I think?" Arild was baffled and the expression on his face painted a clear picture of his shock and dismay. "I think.." Could he tell the crazy lion that it was awful.. don't quit your day job? What was his day job, hopefully not this. "Well I think that you have no idea what you are even doing with that hollow object and you need to rethink your life." He finally remarked with a long exhale following. There was no reason to lie to the lion, especially since he was smaller - Arild had deemed 'he could take him' if it truly came down to it.

"What?"

Ali-dido set aside the drum and appeared down right pitiful looking at the, harsh, but true comments he'd received. A smile cracked his face before he could even halt it and he glanced towards the lion. "Don't worry. It's not my actual life goal. I'm no where near as good as the drummers in the Nchi`mahadhi." He laughed out loud at the look of sheer shock he received from the lion seated nearby. "So that is a drum?" He queried with earnest intrigue. He'd never seen anything like it, though he recalled using hollowed trees to beat on for a unique sound. It was interesting, in a way, to see a real version of just that. "Is that all they do there?" He questioned the lion, leaning in.

"They do other things, but you have a pride already, no?" Ali was full of crap. He didn't now this lion from a hole in the ground, but he was getting good at placing individuals. He'd met several already that fit the bill for his own home pride and this individual suited it quite nicely - perhaps he should address the Warlord about becoming some sort of recruitment officer. Oh wait. That's basically reavers and their Captains. The internal dialogue caused Ali to chuckle which earned him another funny look from the lion. "What do you mean? How would you know if I had a home or not?" Arild felt his face wrinkle in disgust and he narrowed his crystal blue eyes at the lion. "Well you scream Myrsky Syntynyt." Ali responded with a mild attitude.

"Big, burly, manly, lion of lions. You seem like you'd make a decent Captain.. in time. Wait though.. you aren't already part of the pride?" He faked a gasp. "That's incredible!"

"Well I mean.. I am all of those things. Not like I say it out loud or hear a male say them very often." Arild looked away in his discomfort, but nodded firmly when Ali had asked about his status in the pride - or lack thereof. "How do I get there?" He asked him shortly. The levels of frustration were bubbling up below the surface. He knew that some of his family wouldn't be far from him - or had maybe wandered a little bit. Still this conversation could be over heard. He didn't need any of that.

"You have a vien popping.. riiight.." Ali was pointing a clawe toe in the direction of pelt just at the tip of the lions forehead. "ENOUGH." He finally shouted. The strange lion had startled him with drums, dazzled him with a character description, and was now calling him out. He'd had enough of his company. "Just point. Do. Not. Talk." Arild formed the words harshly and in a concise manner.

"But."

"I said no!"

"Ali-dido."

Arild was about ready to walk away. The lion had pointed in the direction of the pride - so he assumed - and that was the way he intended to go. "What?" He turned around to face the green lion for the last time. "My name, it's Ali-dido." The lion wore a smile that contested his other ones and had Arilds hackles raising. He just wanted to get on with his life. "Arild." He responded and turned away to continue down the path he had been directed too.

"If he only he had waited for the rest of the directions."

Ali-dido only spoke when Arild was out of ear shot. A toothy grin cracked his smile and he turned away to head back into the roguelands.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas