Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:04 am
Nilah44

Skadravi squinted out over the water from his perch beneath the low-hanging, wispy vine-branches of a willow tree. It was a rare moment of peace and solitude, and though that wasn't usually something he intentionally sought out, it was welcome in the moment. Times when he didn't have to work or keep up with his boss' wayward granddaughter were few and far between, but for the moment the family was occupied with tasks that didn't concern Dravi.

He took the opportunity to escape to the beachside, a small, jutting plod of land that looked out to the ocean and the island beyond. For all that he'd been in Matori for months now, he still hadn't explored much of the territory even near to his current abode. There was no time to, and he had little energy left at the end of the day to spare to not-necessarily-fruitful pursuits.

But for now... Well, there wasn't any harm in just seeing how far he could get before he felt like turning back, particularly when he wasn't currently up to much. Rising to his feet, Dravi beckoned for his bushi to follow- or take the lead, more accurately. Skadravi wasn't the strongest swimmer, and he preferred to leave such tasks to his aquatic companion and just tag along for the ride. He mounted his beast's great sun-warmed shell, and the bushi set off into the water at a slow amble.

At least it was warm, and the water was calm, and the wind just breezy enough to be comfortable.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 am
Devika was doing what Devi normally did, strolling the beach while staying clear away from the waves that lapped up onto the sand. Today was different though, she was walking a path she had been walking the last couple of days and she had been trying to see if there was something she had missed. Off in the distance, there was an island. Islands weren't uncommon for Matori but this one didn't seem too far out and so she had hoped that there would be some kind of land bridge she could take to it and explore it. Her search had been fruitless so far though she had found a small jutting piece of land that got her the closest to the Island but there was still quite some distance for her to cover, through water, which made it impossible for her.

She sat on the outcropping and stared at the island longingly as she noticed something just out the way. A man? And a bushi? Were they going to swim all the way to the island? Even Kai with as strong a swimmer as he was would probably have some issues she thought. "HEY!" She called out. "Be careful! That's quite a ways..." Though, how would she really know? She stood just on the edge of the water, shifting her weight from foot to foot nervously.

Fluffesu

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm
Nilah44

"Hm?" Dravi cast a lazy glance back over his shoulder toward the beach he'd just departed from. It wasn't a horrible beach, certainly worth the time he'd taken to visit it today, but there wasn't much special about it. Nothing of interest, no one of note-

Except when he looked back, there was a girl. Maybe he'd missed her before due to being simply an unobservant man, but now Skadravi couldn't help but notice that she wasn't even that far from where he'd set out from, and still close enough to hear over the island wind and waves lapping against the shore. He cocked his head and blinked back at her. Even from his position in the water, he could tell that she was a young Matori girl, and clearly just wary enough of the waves to keep a comfortable distance.

That was strange, wasn't it? For an islander to be so obviously nervous about the water.

Or nervous for his sake. But she didn't know him, so he doubted as much. Dravi sent a smile back at her. "I wouldn't worry over us," he called back. "My bushi is a strong swimmer. He could make it with a whole handful of passengers, but he's only got me this time. It'll be easy for him."

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 am
The girl couldn't decide how she could actually convince the man that the water was dangerous. Though, as he stated, he did have a bushi which Devi had been told countless times by her brother that they were very reliable beasts. That didn't mean it would calm her worries though. She noticed the smilel he gave her which helped slightly. He was older and looked like he knew what he was doing so Devika forced herself to calm down.

"I see..." The young matori toed the edge of the water. "Hey...are you going to that Island over there?" She called out curiously. He had said his bushi could carry a whole handful of passengers...so maybe it would be safe? It still made her heart pound so loudly in her chest she wondered if she would even be able to hear him if he replied.

Fluffesu
Sorry for the wait and the kinda poopy reply >.<

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 pm
Nilah44
Don't worry, Nilah. It's perfect. <3

On some level, Dravi expected that would be the entirety of their conversation. He didn't know her, she didn't know him, and they had no reason to communicate beyond just a standard greeting. But over the sound of the ocean, her voice continued, and Skadravi had to strain to hear it. He wasn't a bad guy most of the time, and wouldn't ignore a young woman trying to speak with him, whether he expressly had reason to hear her out, or not.

With a gentle nudge from his heel to his bushi's neck, he guided the creature back closer to the shore, and close enough to hear what the little waterling was saying. Dravi scritched his cheek, and glanced between her and the aforementioned island. He had wanted to head that way, just to see if he could make it, but there was still the chance he'd become bored midway through. What if he didn't really want to commit to going to the island?

"I was thinking of trying," he admitted with a shrug. "But if I don't quite feel the urge to keep going, I might just turn back around. It's just that I've never been. I've lived in Matori for months, but don't do much exploring," he confided after a moment. "Since I have the opportunity now, I thought I'd take it."

"Have you been?" Dravi inquired brightly, notching his chin back toward the island as he asked.

◈ RP Graveyard

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games