Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
What Final Fantasy games have you played? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:22 pm
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier
PokeyHeadedBastard
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier

Thanks smile The thing is that cosplay was already a bit to big on me and I had to use TONS of safety pins to keep it on, and even then the safety pins kept breaking so more safety pins. It's easier just to not deal with it lol.

You have a point there. When safety pins fail, it sucks.

Yep, the convention was for three days and I only wore it for two. After the second day I was like "I am not going to keep messing with this thing!" So I just dressed normal, but with cat ears and a collar with a bell the last day.

I don't blame you. If you had to keep worrying about it doing weird crap any time you moved.

Yea, it was difficult. At one point I had to ask a trans guy (or girl, I don't really understand all the pronouns, it was a guy who was dressed like a girl, so I guess that would make him more of a crossdresser) to help me, lol. I'm sure that made my husband quite uncomfortable.

A guy dressed as a girl is a crossdresser. AKA what Cloud did at the don's mansion.
Why didn't husband help? =O

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:23 pm
Aras
His Rinoa
Aras

User Image
steam final fantasy

they have a lot of them. to make a steam account is free. I have vii, viii, and ix on steam. they often have sales for them as well c;

O: So 9 is on there~ This should make our dear leader happy~ :3 Thanks for the link
EDIT: Apparently in the time it took me to write my original reply, you switched outfits at least twice..xD

-throws book at the pointy one-
PokeyHeadedBastard

Look at this! XD

=O!?! 9! Oh s**t, last I looked, they didn't have it and there were no plans for it. I'll have to check it tonight and when I go back to work on sunday, if the game isn't too much will have to get myself a steam card and get that mofo.  

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:28 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier
PokeyHeadedBastard
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier

Thanks smile The thing is that cosplay was already a bit to big on me and I had to use TONS of safety pins to keep it on, and even then the safety pins kept breaking so more safety pins. It's easier just to not deal with it lol.

You have a point there. When safety pins fail, it sucks.

Yep, the convention was for three days and I only wore it for two. After the second day I was like "I am not going to keep messing with this thing!" So I just dressed normal, but with cat ears and a collar with a bell the last day.

I don't blame you. If you had to keep worrying about it doing weird crap any time you moved.

Yea, it was difficult. At one point I had to ask a trans guy (or girl, I don't really understand all the pronouns, it was a guy who was dressed like a girl, so I guess that would make him more of a crossdresser) to help me, lol. I'm sure that made my husband quite uncomfortable.

A guy dressed as a girl is a crossdresser. AKA what Cloud did at the don's mansion.

Well....we both have Autism and aren't good with using our hands. He tried to help but couldn't get it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:07 pm
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier

Well....we both have Autism and aren't good with using our hands. He tried to help but couldn't get it.

-nod- Understandable. I have a cousin with Autism and a few friends with it as well. It's a weird thing, don't you think? How many different forms there are of it.  

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:40 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Angelic_Pastel_Soldier

-nod- Understandable. I have a cousin with Autism and a few friends with it as well. It's a weird thing, don't you think? How many different forms there are of it.

Yea definitely. My husband and I are both on the high-functioning side of the spectrum. It's like what my husband always says, "Once you meet a person with Autism, you've a person with Autism." In other words, Autism affects each person with it differently.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:42 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard

User Image
graphics got a huge upgrade but the music is meh.
I usually wait till sales, but they recently have one so you may be waiting a while (:

Cosplayer Skylar

Timid Wife

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:51 pm
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan

Yea definitely. My husband and I are both on the high-functioning side of the spectrum. It's like what my husband always says, "Once you meet a person with Autism, you've a person with Autism." In other words, Autism affects each person with it differently.

It does. It's a shame that there isn't more places for people with Autism out there. I know most schools around here do not have anything to help aid those that need it, instead they get stuck in 'special classes' which doesn't help them at all. With as many people in the world getting diagnosed with it, you'd think they'd be better equipped now a days.

There are so many different levels of it, each person having different needs and different learning patterns that it should be mandatory, wouldn't you say?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:53 pm
His Rinoa
PokeyHeadedBastard

User Image
graphics got a huge upgrade but the music is meh.
I usually wait till sales, but they recently have one so you may be waiting a while (:

The music not in HD? That's alright. I don't need HD music or graphics to enjoy a game. Give me decent characters and plot and game play.

I'll have to keep watch on this. I'll tell my friend to remind me when there is a sale, he's usually on steam more than I am. I usually just load the games from desktop with out going to the steam dashboard.

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

Cosplayer Skylar

Timid Wife

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:55 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard

User Image
its a bit different, music wise. some like it some don't xD
im the same, music doesn't make the plot any better.

i'm always on it too (:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:15 pm
His Rinoa
PokeyHeadedBastard

User Image
its a bit different, music wise. some like it some don't xD
im the same, music doesn't make the plot any better.

i'm always on it too (:

Worse case scenario, I'll kill the background music. Hopefully that is an option under settings. Usually is.

I don't always have my laptops booted up, I didn't download steam onto my desktop, desktop has enough junk on it. The laptops are newer and can handle the abuse, that's why I'm not always on it.

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

Yuna Yuni Chan

Dedicated Wife

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:38 am
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan

It does. It's a shame that there isn't more places for people with Autism out there. I know most schools around here do not have anything to help aid those that need it, instead they get stuck in 'special classes' which doesn't help them at all. With as many people in the world getting diagnosed with it, you'd think they'd be better equipped now a days.

There are so many different levels of it, each person having different needs and different learning patterns that it should be mandatory, wouldn't you say?

Definitely, and some school don't even have "special classes" for them either. I found out I had Autism at the end of 11th grade. At the school I was going to they didn't have special ed. So for 12th grade there was a lady that came in like once a week and we'd talk about things such as how to behave socially. I'm still very socially awkward, but I have learned some things from it too. One of the things that's common with people on the spectrum is to not look in someone's eyes, or even just focusing on their own interests instead of others in a conversation (just because you do these things does NOT mean you have Autism). I've gotten better at looking at people in their eyes when I talk to them, though it still feels weird doing that. When I'm in a conversation with someone else, I try to talk to them about their interests instead of just my own, though I still really struggle with this at times.

Some kids do better in special ed. I have a couple of friends who teach special ed and the kids do just fine in their classes and enjoy them as teachers. I think it all really depends on the kids and the teachers. While most people on the Spectrum are super smart (like geniuses), I didn't get that part. My husband did, he's a Math genius (he can tell you what day of the week you were born by just being told your DOB - he says it's all math). As for me, I really struggled in school and barely graduated high school. I'm an artist though (mostly self-taught) and people say I'm really good at that. I really only see myself as an amateur though (like I can't figure out shading and lighting to save my life!). I think I could've really benefitted in a special ed class personally, but my husband wouldn't have. Like I said, it all depends on the teacher and the student, no person with Autism is the exact same smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:06 pm
► FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 12
► Side games: Tactics (ps1 and psp), Tactics Advance, Grimoire of the Rift, Revanant Wings
(honestly I want to count Vagrant Story to the ivalice saga due to some connection in the Ivalice history.)

Let's see... FF9 and 12 is what I favor most. 9 is such an engaging game with tons of references. And for 12 I got so addicted in completing the missions. Can't wait for the remastered version!

Finally for side stories... I like... Tactics Advance. That game got me into the Ivalice series when I was a child. Totally love how Marche dislikes escapism rofl  

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:07 pm
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan
PokeyHeadedBastard
Yuna Yuni Chan

Definitely, and some school don't even have "special classes" for them either. I found out I had Autism at the end of 11th grade. At the school I was going to they didn't have special ed. So for 12th grade there was a lady that came in like once a week and we'd talk about things such as how to behave socially. I'm still very socially awkward, but I have learned some things from it too. One of the things that's common with people on the spectrum is to not look in someone's eyes, or even just focusing on their own interests instead of others in a conversation (just because you do these things does NOT mean you have Autism). I've gotten better at looking at people in their eyes when I talk to them, though it still feels weird doing that. When I'm in a conversation with someone else, I try to talk to them about their interests instead of just my own, though I still really struggle with this at times.

Some kids do better in special ed. I have a couple of friends who teach special ed and the kids do just fine in their classes and enjoy them as teachers. I think it all really depends on the kids and the teachers. While most people on the Spectrum are super smart (like geniuses), I didn't get that part. My husband did, he's a Math genius (he can tell you what day of the week you were born by just being told your DOB - he says it's all math). As for me, I really struggled in school and barely graduated high school. I'm an artist though (mostly self-taught) and people say I'm really good at that. I really only see myself as an amateur though (like I can't figure out shading and lighting to save my life!). I think I could've really benefitted in a special ed class personally, but my husband wouldn't have. Like I said, it all depends on the teacher and the student, no person with Autism is the exact same smile

I have a friend who struggles with the same thing. He can't look someone in the eye because of his Autism. If you -can't- look them in the eye, have you tried looking else where? Such as their forehead, but making it look as if you're making eye contact? Sometimes that works I have heard.

Feel free to express your interests here, talk about whatever you'd like, share whatever you'd like to share. Share some art with us all! We need pretty pictures to look at! I don't have the time to do art any more as much as I'd like to.

Oh, that's great for them. My friend was placed in special ed classes and he said they weren't equipped to handle him and his needs when he was in highschool. And that is wording it liberally. >.<; He dropped out of high school, but thankfully he went back to get his GED a few years later. He's a high functioning Autistic. Very smart, very practical. Man, I envy your husband in that regard.

Shading is a pain in the butt. What sometimes helps is to draw a little circle in the place you want the light to come from and use that as a guide. I usually cheat, my light sources usually just come in from the upper right, or upper left hand corners this way I don't have to figure out a different source of lighting. XB

This is very true, no two are exactly alike.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:12 pm
Monstrocker
► FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 12
► Side games: Tactics (ps1 and psp), Tactics Advance, Grimoire of the Rift, Revanant Wings
(honestly I want to count Vagrant Story to the ivalice saga due to some connection in the Ivalice history.)

Let's see... FF9 and 12 is what I favor most. 9 is such an engaging game with tons of references. And for 12 I got so addicted in completing the missions. Can't wait for the remastered version!

Finally for side stories... I like... Tactics Advance. That game got me into the Ivalice series when I was a child. Totally love how Marche dislikes escapism rofl

Wow, that's a game I haven't played in years. Vagrant Story. I should really replay that some time, I think I have forgotten most of the plot line of it. >.<;

Now you're making me want to play 9 more. -eyes steam- HAVE. A. SALE.
I just recently learned they have it on there. I will get it. MWAHAHA...

They're remastering 12? Woah. I'm out of the loop. ...Or is this another of Ondore's lies? >.o I've not finished the first one yet!

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

mon-tann

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:36 pm
PokeyHeadedBastard
Monstrocker
► FF 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Wow, that's a game I haven't played in years. Vagrant Story. I should really replay that some time, I think I have forgotten most of the plot line of it. >.<;

Now you're making me want to play 9 more. -eyes steam- HAVE. A. SALE.
I just recently learned they have it on there. I will get it. MWAHAHA...

They're remastering 12? Woah. I'm out of the loop. ...Or is this another of Ondore's lies? >.o I've not finished the first one yet!

Same here! Omg Vagrant Story was such an amazing game. Like back at the time some JRPG games have wonky translation. For that game, it was so cool how the writing was. It was about some protagonist named Ashley who's a riskbreaker and he had to investigate Lea Monde.

Omg Vaan, haha! "I'm Captain Basch from Dalmasca!"
Yeah Square Enix is currently remastering FF12 for the ps4 smile They're also going to put new additions as well. So basically they're going to improve more stuff from the international version.  
Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff