Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
Obligatory Introduction Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:59 pm
Crytuf
"Well, not many of us active around Gaia these days, so we tend to move in small herds."

Herds huh? surprised Like I can totally imagine you as a lion.... me as a penguin... Reno here as a... parrot, and we're like moving around in a small herd like the Lion King or something

yeah surprised

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:02 pm
[~-Sephiroth-~]
Also contrary to popular belief, I do have a sense of humour. Just my sense and yours might not match up. In any case if you wish to know more, just ask, though I may or may not answer.

Alright. I'll have a go. So like if you were part of this figurative herd Squall just mentioned, what animal would you be? I'm a penguin by the way. Reno's a parrot because I played his boss at some point and he doesn't get to choose unless he wants to lose his job cool  

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

Crytuf

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 pm
BOMB4Y

Herds huh? surprised Like I can totally imagine you as a lion.... me as a penguin... Reno here as a... parrot, and we're like moving around in a small herd like the Lion King or something

yeah surprised

"Hey, Maybe I'm a lion..."
XD
"I mean, depending who you ask, Kingdom Hearts could be FF canon, so popping over to the Pride Lands isn't too far fetched."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 pm
Crytuf
"Hey, Maybe I'm a lion..."
XD
"I mean, depending who you ask, Kingdom Hearts could be FF canon, so popping over to the Pride Lands isn't too far fetched."

Well yeah, KH's technically like a mishmash of all the worlds together. Not terribly sure how anyone's gonna fight Heartless there though if they didn't have any hands. lol  

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

Crytuf

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:39 pm
BOMB4Y

Well yeah, KH's technically like a mishmash of all the worlds together. Not terribly sure how anyone's gonna fight Heartless there though if they didn't have any hands. lol

"You'd have claws, fangs, horns... All kinds of things."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 pm
Crytuf
"You'd have claws, fangs, horns... All kinds of things."

That's because you're a lion. gonk I'm a penguin...  

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:05 pm
BOMB4Y
TurkReno

Welcome to the guild. =D
-snickers- Talk about a mix. Tidus, Vaan and Zidane complete 180 personality to Noct and Rufus.
...Rufus acting like Vaan or Tidus or Zidane... That... Huh. -plots on how to get the president drunk-

If you want to start an RP up here in the guild and drag others in, by all means feel free to do so. I half a** RP half the time when in the mood and I'm s**t at keeping the figurative ball rolling with things like that. If you've got ideas, have at them.

You will. I'm slowly recruiting more for the ShinRa army, uh, I mean...guild. Yes, guild.

Thanks for the welcome, man! Yup. Looking like the snooty ones but having the personality of a frat boy's where it's at. cool If only people knew how awesome that was. It's what we call a "moe gap".

Thanks man. I'll probably just hang and chat for now. RP's great, but for some reason after everything I just... yeah, I dunno. Where you half assing at? lol Do you like, have a secret turk party going on somewhere that nobody knows about?

D'oh! Sounds ace! Wonder if we could have like a Final Fantasy day event? I mean I heard of user events - maybe I'll poke around and ask folk who've made them to see how these things are. I know they had a guild do that sorta thing ninja You'd be flooded with more Shinra junkies than you can handle man lol

Moe gap huh? For some reason that reminds me of something a friend and I had talked about years ago. Long story short, back when yahoo still had a chat room feature it had a 'suggest a screen name' feature on it, after attempting to make "maniacal a*****e", yahoo was all: No. How about maniacal a** gap? And for some reason that just stuck with us through the years.

We're sort of / were halfassing it at: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25127921&page=1 this topic here. I can't say it's a secret turk party, unless you count lots of crazy antics by the turks.
Or unless you count: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25139885

Could try though right now we're trying to come up with event ideas for the guild. Something for the summer maybe? http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25157647 if you have thoughts, feel free to speak up. =D

Hm, more Shinra junkies than I can handle? I don't know whether to say BRING IT ON, or I don't get paid enough for this s**t....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:30 pm
BOMB4Y
[~-Sephiroth-~]
Also contrary to popular belief, I do have a sense of humour. Just my sense and yours might not match up. In any case if you wish to know more, just ask, though I may or may not answer.

Alright. I'll have a go. So like if you were part of this figurative herd Squall just mentioned, what animal would you be? I'm a penguin by the way. Reno's a parrot because I played his boss at some point and he doesn't get to choose unless he wants to lose his job cool

Nah man.... See...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ShinRa company.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Turks.

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:17 am
TurkReno

Lol ok the hyena pack thing killed me. lol But I dunno man, I don't think Rude's a hyena. Rude's more of a... umm... hmmm. He's a hippo, right? Nice and herbivorous, but he can get ferocious. He can be the odd hippo in the pack of hyenas. I mean like, at least "hippo" starts with a H.

Holy--- you're equating the heart-melting moe gap to an a** gap?? Really? You can't do that! Stop. Keep your a** gaps out of this. emotion_0A0

Reno, why is your report so... dirty, crumpled and stained...? gonk But otherwise it was great. I love the bra mouse one. whee Genius.

Hmm, I don't know much about guild-based events. My last guild opened up a themed RP during a site event, where random folk could hang out with cosplayers - some cosplayers RPed with the ones who wanted to RP, while some, like me, just chatted with the more casual visitors. I know Sebastian makes a butler thread in most events. I hang in his threads and in his chat. He doesn't own a guild though. surprised

We're probably going to have a summer event coming up. Hopefully it'll be more forum-based than LK-based. I mean I play LK, but a forum-based event would be perfect for the guild, if you like that sorta thing.

The other thing you may like to do is make a thread in the Gaia Community Projects page to gather Final Fantasy fans for a user event, then email the User Events Team. I'm not sure how this one works though. I haven't really spoken to the organizers of the last user event.

These things are very public however. I'm not sure how your guild members like that sorta thing - some of the old guild-mates didn't like that. I'm more of a PR sorta guy so I go around and show my face in crowds a lot. You know, because I'm amazing and everyone needs to know I exist. cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:10 pm
BOMB4Y
TurkReno

Lol ok the hyena pack thing killed me. lol But I dunno man, I don't think Rude's a hyena. Rude's more of a... umm... hmmm. He's a hippo, right? Nice and herbivorous, but he can get ferocious. He can be the odd hippo in the pack of hyenas. I mean like, at least "hippo" starts with a H.

Holy--- you're equating the heart-melting moe gap to an a** gap?? Really? You can't do that! Stop. Keep your a** gaps out of this. emotion_0A0

Reno, why is your report so... dirty, crumpled and stained...? gonk But otherwise it was great. I love the bra mouse one. whee Genius.

Hmm, I don't know much about guild-based events. My last guild opened up a themed RP during a site event, where random folk could hang out with cosplayers - some cosplayers RPed with the ones who wanted to RP, while some, like me, just chatted with the more casual visitors. I know Sebastian makes a butler thread in most events. I hang in his threads and in his chat. He doesn't own a guild though. surprised

We're probably going to have a summer event coming up. Hopefully it'll be more forum-based than LK-based. I mean I play LK, but a forum-based event would be perfect for the guild, if you like that sorta thing.

The other thing you may like to do is make a thread in the Gaia Community Projects page to gather Final Fantasy fans for a user event, then email the User Events Team. I'm not sure how this one works though. I haven't really spoken to the organizers of the last user event.

These things are very public however. I'm not sure how your guild members like that sorta thing - some of the old guild-mates didn't like that. I'm more of a PR sorta guy so I go around and show my face in crowds a lot. You know, because I'm amazing and everyone needs to know I exist. cool

I think he's one. I mean, yeah he's big and quiet, but not all hyenas are the same, right? Just like any other animal, can't expect them all to behave the same. Maybe he's just a hyena on steroids? That's why he's bulky?

-snickers-

Ah, the report as to why it is dirty and stained? Uh...er...that's classified. -nod-

I'll probably have to hold off on the tying in with forum / gaia events. Just because we're still trying to find things for the guild to do and y'know, kinda low on gil for anything resembling a prize of any kind.

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

BOMB4Y

Bad Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:31 pm
TurkReno

Wait... like, they use Mako to make steroids, right? Like, Cloud and Sephiroth are definitely on roids, right? emotion_0A0 It's like... I suddenly see the light. So that's why the buster's sword big and bulky. It's where all the roids Cloud ever took went. See, that's why he's thin, after all that roiding.

Gosh, do we really need prizes or gold for that sorta thing? eek I didn't know that... I thought guild events were just RP threads in event forums? When I hung out in their thread they had just as many interested people even without gifts or presents. I'm not sure how gift threads work, since I don't really participate in those.

But if you really want gold or items to give out - if you haven't tried it already, how about Chance Item prizes from Lake Kindred? There's a world there called "Milky Way" and it drops a Chance Item called Hell Portal. That's in Stage 4 or 5. You just need a kin that hits hard like the Merry Stagony or the free fluff we got during the old Pets event, and it just needs to be at least 3 levels above the cow.

It's not the most expensive Chance Item out there, but you can farm for it and it does make perfect for a Halloween theme. (Or a Shinra one, since... you know, they did technically make almost everything hell on earth for everyone.) If you want to farm for something more summery or July-ish, you can try Hephaestus Peak, which drops star-themed Chance Items. They're really cheap chance items, but they do make great for a door-gift for your guests.

I think just having an amount of cosplay avatars around to entertain people is enough. whee It's like a maid cafe, only without maids. I know for one that prizes and items don't necessarily draw people - it's sometimes also content, a welcoming atmosphere and a sense of humor that will make them want to hang out. One of the user event threads had lovely presents, but nobody wanted to post in their thread because they had a heap of rules there, and had gone to CB and GCD to tell everyone that they were greedy for wanting items. My friends from CB linked me to it and I was pretty annoyed as well. I have faith that Gaians in general aren't very greedy. Even if they are, greed isn't always a bad thing. The only bad thing we could ever do is not give them a chance. emotion_yatta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:57 am
BOMB4Y
TurkReno

Wait... like, they use Mako to make steroids, right? Like, Cloud and Sephiroth are definitely on roids, right? emotion_0A0 It's like... I suddenly see the light. So that's why the buster's sword big and bulky. It's where all the roids Cloud ever took went. See, that's why he's thin, after all that roiding.

Gosh, do we really need prizes or gold for that sorta thing? eek I didn't know that... I thought guild events were just RP threads in event forums? When I hung out in their thread they had just as many interested people even without gifts or presents. I'm not sure how gift threads work, since I don't really participate in those.

But if you really want gold or items to give out - if you haven't tried it already, how about Chance Item prizes from Lake Kindred? There's a world there called "Milky Way" and it drops a Chance Item called Hell Portal. That's in Stage 4 or 5. You just need a kin that hits hard like the Merry Stagony or the free fluff we got during the old Pets event, and it just needs to be at least 3 levels above the cow.

It's not the most expensive Chance Item out there, but you can farm for it and it does make perfect for a Halloween theme. (Or a Shinra one, since... you know, they did technically make almost everything hell on earth for everyone.) If you want to farm for something more summery or July-ish, you can try Hephaestus Peak, which drops star-themed Chance Items. They're really cheap chance items, but they do make great for a door-gift for your guests.

I think just having an amount of cosplay avatars around to entertain people is enough. whee It's like a maid cafe, only without maids. I know for one that prizes and items don't necessarily draw people - it's sometimes also content, a welcoming atmosphere and a sense of humor that will make them want to hang out. One of the user event threads had lovely presents, but nobody wanted to post in their thread because they had a heap of rules there, and had gone to CB and GCD to tell everyone that they were greedy for wanting items. My friends from CB linked me to it and I was pretty annoyed as well. I have faith that Gaians in general aren't very greedy. Even if they are, greed isn't always a bad thing. The only bad thing we could ever do is not give them a chance. emotion_yatta

Think that's most things in ShinRa. If there ain't mako in it, it ain't workin' like it should. XD

Prizes are nice, though you have a point, some people come for the fun and inviting atmosphere.
I like to have things on hand just incase though.

Yeah, I know, was farming LK at the uh...winter / mouse place awhile back. They drop about 3-4 different RIGs.

Too many rules and no one is going to read them or bother. And then y'typed all that s**t up for nothin'. Greedy to an extent is fine. They just damn well better be pleasant as a person. Not a demanding little s**t.

TurkReno
Vice Captain

Opinionated Agent

Renzoil

Invisible Bloodsucker

5,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:41 am
Hey. If you can't tell by my current look I'm an VIII fan. Squall has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. I connected with his look on things and sometimes his lone wolf-ish attitude. My first FF game that I played however was actually a spin off called mystic quest. It was fun but kinda short. Anyways looking forward to a fun time in this guild and to make new friends and allies. *SeeD salute*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 pm
Greetings, name's Meteor XVI... and from the looks of things that I am the 100th member of this club!

*clears throat*

Anyway...
My favourite FF game is IV, favourite protagonist is Cecil Harvey, and favourite antagonists are Sephiroth and Emperor Mateus. [huge fangirl of both villains, by the way!]

Ah!
Speaking of Emperor Mateus, this is my usual icon User Image . But, since this is St. Patrick's Day, that you'll see that silly looking green-eyed monster.  

Meteor XVI

PokeyHeadedBastard
Captain

Enduring Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:04 pm
Meteor XVI
Greetings, name's Meteor XVI... and from the looks of things that I am the 100th member of this club!

*clears throat*

Anyway...
My favourite FF game is IV, favourite protagonist is Cecil Harvey, and favourite antagonists are Sephiroth and Emperor Mateus. [huge fangirl of both villains, by the way!]

Ah!
Speaking of Emperor Mateus, this is my usual icon User Image . But, since this is St. Patrick's Day, that you'll see that silly looking green-eyed monster.

Welcome to the guild! We're sort of quiet at the moment sadly, but we all still live. Really we do.

Our 100th member!?! Hm, will have to think of something for that. -nod-

Nice to see someone that appreciates a Final Fantasy outside the norm. I don't know much about the older ones, slowly trying to play the ones I haven't gotten around to playing yet of the older Final Fantasies.

Feel free to stop over at the bonfire and talk with us, post some of your favorite videos and of course harass the turks.

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff