Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:55 pm
User Image

Dreams had come true in what was akin to a matter of minutes, though the scenario seemed to play out in slow motion for her poor memory. Kukesha recalled being presented with an option and had eagerly taken up the opportunity as a proud supporter of what was, what could be and she was excited to have that special connection with her beloved plants once again - how could she not. Even now she couldn't understand the looks she and her family had received at the time of offering.

"How could they not want this?" She asked the plants surrounding her space with a gentle, motherly tone. Something she'd begun using as a young adult since most of the plants were babies at that time, most had grown into the wonderful life she saw around her now. Flowers were in bloom, vines wrapped charismatically down the trees trunks and even surrounding their roots at the base. All of it made her giddy with glee and the promise of their future with gifts returning was almost more than she could bare, but in the best ways possible.

Her path was clear, since the occurrence not long again, perhaps a day or so, she wanted to seek the Brew Mistress out and at least offer her thanks, perhaps a helping paw? Collecting ingredients could always been such a painfully tedious task and she figured that time could be wasted by her, not by the lioness that had created a draft of something so excellent.

"Brew Mistress?"

Her voice grew in volume as she spoke, seeking out the lioness she'd grown so fond of.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:01 am
User Image

There was, at present, no high from the brew for Brew Mistress. She was, however, carefully laying out the various ingredients to make more. Her dark ears were back, tongue gently poking out, as she worked, moving things around. Some of the plants weren't quite dried enough, which meant she'd need to hang them in a cave to dry.

One ear shifted at the sound of somebody approaching, before she turned her head to see who it was. "Oh, Kukesha, greetings! Did you need something?" She grinned just slightly, "You haven't been over-indulging in my fruit brew, have you? It does leave the head hurting quite a bit if you don't go seeking a remedy for it."

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:29 am
Pale, crisp eyes watched the ingredients with a piqued interest that suggested she intended to inquire about their functions in the brew, but she hesitated and then lost the question all together. When the lioness spoke to her she broke into smile almost immediately, ears flicking forward to soak up the almost musical tone.

"Is there such a thing?" Her eyes widened with false shock at the statement and her question. Of course there was such a thing, but an addict wouldn't know the difference until s/he got that far. Kukesha hadn't succeeded in getting that far so far and had been satisfied with the returned gift of her plants affection and friendliness. They had been probably the most important thing to her, something she simply couldn't cope without. "I was actually here to see if you needed anything." The lioness did her best to push aside thoughts of begging for more to settle on the reality that if she'd want more whenever she'd like, she needed to provide as much service as she possibly could. This also meant she had been considering a change in duties.

"Would you let me train with you? Teach me the ways of the brew?" She asked with a ginger tone, almost as though even speaking the words were breaking some hidden rule - there was none, but she still felt like she had eyes on her. A healer. A healer that desired nothing more than to follow in the foot steps of the female she met with. "Perhaps it'd be good if I learned about that remedy also?" Her tone lightened slightly and she chuckled at her own joke.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 pm
Pausing in her ministrations, Brew Mistress glanced at the other lioness. "For drunken lions? Yes, there's a cure for THAT headache. Unless you're referring to something else that might give a lion a headache from drinking it..." There was a knowing look in her eyes, a glint that said she was on to Kukesha and her motives.

Brew Mistress clucked a bit to herself, gathering her plants. "I suppose it won't hurt to train somebody else... Keep in mind, this brew - The one I'm certain you're here about, not the brew making lions drunk - should never leave these lands. It should remain within the border, and IF you go beyond the border with any, remember that it won't last long... And those strange flowers that make it effective ONLY grow here. They're not going to grow anywhere else."

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:31 am
The lioness felt herself tense up as the green eyes glanced in her direction and she gave an awkward smile in return to the statement. "Drunk?" Was her question though, her mind hadn't even gone that route and so she was a touch confused at first, but that feeling faded as she continued to listen attentively. "I meant over indulge." Kukesha found herself stating plainly, perhaps she just simply hadn't done so yet? Had others? What was it like? Was there an intense high?

Was the next level the level?

Gears were turning and it was visible in the way the pale lioness had turned her head to look upward during her thought process. "I'd like to try that someday." She said after having her own mental conversation about the whole thing. "If others have, perhaps I could too. Do you think my plants would disapprove?" The brew was indeed a drug, one that gave her back something she'd been missing on and off - depending on when she could make it to the cave or not. Often times she'd have to go days without contact. Those were the hardest of her life.

"Oh yes please!" Snapping free from her own mind again she heard Brew Mistress speak. "I really do want to learn!" Given her earlier statement she almost shied away, but made her own promise not to get silly with this responsibility.. not right away. "I promise that it won't leave here, that I won't share our trade secrets." Then the flowers were brought up. "Flowers are used, which ones?" She asked and immediately thought of something colorful, perhaps flavorful? She was all over the place mentally. "Do we have a garden for them? How have I not seen them? Or have I?" She rambled a bit at the teacher before settling on her rump and thoughtfully peering at the lioness.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:06 pm
"Over-indulgence is the fruit juice brew leads to drunkenness and then to a headache in the morning, yes." She finished gathering her plants, then nodded toward the cave in the cliffs she called her den. It was the best place to do her brew work, as it was relatively dry, out of reach of the sea spray and any runoff when it rained. There was some dampness at the entrance, but it remained dry otherwise. "Come, I'll show you in my cave up there. I don't have any dry ingredients at present, but I can tell you what you need and how much." Brew Mistress picked up the skin everything was in in her mouth, starting up the path. Unencumbered, it was a quick walk, but carrying things she didn't want ruined, it was much slower. All the better for Kukesha to think.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:09 am
The definition intrigued the lioness and she nodded thoughtfully - perhaps getting drunk was something to be done next? Kukesha was in the middle of that thought when she noticed a movement of her companions head to signify a direction. Her pale green eyes followed the direction of the nod towards a cave. "You'll show me?" She said with a wonder that held none of her enthusiasm back. She was absolutely delighted for the opportunity.

Mentally, she made a few notes, most of which were in regards to the location and it's rising path. She watched Brew Mistress pick up the skin containing what she did have and then beginning her ascension with the grace of a lioness that knew her way there. "Look at this." She mumbled to herself at first out loud and then realizing her error she smacked her lips and silenced. Kukesha was merely pointing out some roots that hugged the cliff side for dear life, as though a tree may lose to the gravitational pull of the earth. Plants cried out to her as she passed by some here and there. In whispers she gave hellos and goodbyes very quickly, seldom even staring for long.

"Have you shown anyone else?" Not typically the jealous type her question was said in a curious tone that conveyed that perhaps the question was more to fill the void of silence they shared.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:34 am
The path to her den wasn't by any means a dangerous one. In fact, it was one of the safest, which was probably for the best when she was dealing with lions that came to her seeking a remedy for the headache her fruit brew gave them. She pushed past the vines that grew in front of it, a form of flowering plant with rather thin vines. An easy tug could break the stalk. They didn't particularly keep out what rain and sea spray did reach her den entrance, of course, but that wasn't the point of them in her mind. They could keep the sun out and the den cool in the heat of the day.

Finding one of the dry spots, Brew Mistress put the bundle down. She looked back to be sure Kukesha was following, though given the other lioness' eagerness to learn, she assumed she was. "I've shown nobody else, no, but yes, I will show you. The first step is to make sure the plants are good and dry." With the clumsiness of one who lacked opposable thumbs, she managed to tie the plants that weren't yet perfectly dried to a vine growing from the ceiling. Or rather, its roots. "A still-moist plant won't grind up and dissolve into the liquid right."

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:20 am
The path may not have been dangerous, but the pale lioness still stepped gingerly - the plants were her primary concern, of course not all could be spared from trampling, but she did try her best to spare what she could.

"Oh my." She gasped softly at the beauty of the vines that protected the caves entrance, keeping it cleverly shielded from some moisture and the beating rays of the sun. "What a nice addition." She said, admiring the texture of the vines as she brushed them with a paw and allowed them to casually cascade against her when she followed Brew Mistress into her den. "I'd love to do something similar with my den.." She admitted out loud.

Her attention was grabbed rapidly as she watched the lioness find a specific spot before setting down what she had been carrying. Once it seemed they had found a place to settle Kukesha dropped her rump and smiled warmly. "I'm your first student?!" She gasped quietly and with as much enthusiasm as just about any other part of their journey. "I'm honored, Brew Mistress." Kukesha was genuine and when the lioness began her explanation she stood to get a better look at the product they would be working with. "May I try?" She asked after watching her companion tie and hang the plants with ease (so she figured).

"That makes sense - I mean drying the plants to grind up and dissolve easier. I've never made a drink myself, but it does make sense." Kukesha stumbled over her words a little as she spoke, but tried to cover it up with an awkward smile.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:24 am
Brew Mistress spared a glance at the vines that shielded her den's entrance, smiling slightly. "Good luck with that, the vines were already there. They were thicker, once, but I trimmed them back a little once I found the cave." It was a prime location, she felt. Of course, everybody had their own idea of the perfect place to live, this just happened to be hers.

As she moved about, she began to describe which plants would be needed, which liquid to use, and how much of the plants, as well as the perfect amount of time to let it sit. Consumed too soon, and it merely tasted bad. Too long sitting, and it could make a lion sick. Nobody wanted that. Outside, the sun made its march across the sky, ever moving as the waves ever lapped the shore.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items