11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:23 pm
Private RP between Namira and Akeldama

Location Yael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:40 pm
Namira kneeled near the roots of Elzira with her head dipped low to the earth.
"Oh, goddess please give the strength to overcome. Where my sisters were flawed please keep me pure, keep me strong. Help me be worthy of your guidance." She pleaded to Elzira at least once a day. She preferred to do it privately, but the small settlement didn't leave much room for such luxuries. She sat up and contemplated to herself quietly.

She wished she had been born an oracle. If only she could understand why the goddess had made her as she is, her mind would be more at peace. Namira had spent almost her entire life on Yael. She was small when she saw the first blooms and nothing has touched her as powerfully since. She wondered sometimes if her mothers had regretted not waiting to plea for a child. They could have had the chance to raise and Elaria if they hadn't pleaded for a child in such time of division. Namira hoped one day she would get the chance to raise one of Elzira's blooms. She could only pray that she would one day be worthy enough.

Heras Box

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:58 pm
Elf Princess Flannery

Akel was walking toward her great mother tree to speak with her about a many things when she stopped. There, with her head low, was an alkidike. One of the yellow skinned cousins. There was a moment of rage that swelled up in her before she realized that the one who was there was too young to receive a bloom from Elzira. So that meant that she couldn't be there pleading for a child. Akeldama didn't like that the alks took the liberty to ask Elzira for an Elarian child. Granted that did increase the numbers of Elaria in the world but it bothered her all the same.

Pushing the uncomfortable feeling down she moved a bit closer and put a hand on her hip with some attitude. "Keep you pure huh?" A small row lifted as she eyed the girl. There were many ways to keep someone pure though she had to wonder which kind this cousin wanted.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:19 pm
A prickle ran up her spine when the cousin approached. She looked up to see it was Akeldama standing over her. Namira arose and gently brushed off her knees. Her antennae dropped back submissively when she turned to face her. It was a reaction, more a sign of respect than anything.

"Yes keep me pure."
She studied Akel to assess the severity of her attitude. "I do not wish to have my mind perverted like so many of the sisters from Aisha."
Her posture stiffened. Every day was a reminder of the failure of the alkidike. She would not catch herself forgetting what her sisters had done to their own people.

Heras Box

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:24 am
Elf Princess Flannery

Her pale green eyes took in Namira for a moment as she thought about what was said. Akel was pleased to know that this cousin didn't want to be like the mainland branch of their race. Then again, all those in Yael were like that. Still, to know that the younger generation of Alks wasn't corrupt was a relief. "That should be easy enough. Don't fall in love." Originally she thought about saying with an earthling but she wasn't so sure she wanted a yellow skinned cousin in love with one of her grey sisters.

Race purity was something that had been instilled in her since she was young, even if she had tried to ignore her mother over time. Granted Elzira could only produce Elaria so there would be no cross breeding. "Without love there is no risk of you becoming tainted."  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:01 am
Namira was more than a little disturbed by her response. It was not love that divided the alkidike. She could not claim to know exactly what had gone through the minds of the traitors but love didn't divide an entire species and make them cast out their sisters from their homeland.
She didn't take well to Akeldama's condescending nature. Growing up among Elaria with few other alk her age made her more than a little lonely at times. Her love for Elzira and the Elaria was the one thing that kept her strongest. For her to suggest that she could easily go without love was absurd. Elaria weren't immune to love any more than she was.

She huffed out a laugh and tried to play it off casually. "Love is not the issue. Love didn't taint the Alkidike. I can love my pet Keldari but that doesn't give me the desire to mate with it." She shook her head, surely she had been joking.
"No, my love for Elzira is going to keep me strong. Whatever sickness made the others see those animals as equals, I will not fall prey to it."

Heras Box

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:15 pm
Elf Princess Flannery

She shook her head in frustration. "You misunderstand." Akeldama wasn't sure if it was worth explaining but decided to anyways. "Loving your pet or family is one thing. Loving Elzira is another. But what I meant was.. don't fall in love with an earthling." She had been told that that had been the pentacle issue on the mainland. Too many of the alkidike cousins had fallen in love with earthlings and had brought them to plead for hybrid children.

"It was the love of earthlings that tainted the Alkdikes." And their tolerance for them. Akel had heard that there were those that didn't like earthlings but still accepted the hybrids and to her it made little sense.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:01 pm
Namira nodded so show she understood. "Yes but the earthlings are just animals. They aren't like us." She gestured, "Their first mistake was seeing them as anything more than animals. Then they had the gall to ask Aisha..."
Namira made a disgusted face and shook her head. "Ugh, what they did was blasphemy."
She again shook out the disturbing thought then took a sigh of relief. "I'm so happy that won't happen to Elzira" She looked up at her branches thoughtfully.

Heras Box

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:17 pm
Elf Princess Flannery

Animals. Akel gave a smirk at the comparison. "I wouldn't insult the animals like that. At least some animals have a purpose or a use." She didn't see any use for an earthling.

Still, she had to admit that with this cousin feeling that way she felt more at ease. It meant that there was no risk of that taint coming into their village. At least not through Namira. "Still, I like your way of thinking. And yes, Elzira is protected against such disgusting outcomes." By herself, the other Elaria, and by the yellow skinned cousins. Much as she might not like them as more than just distant relatives she had to admit that they did a decent job at protecting her mother tree. And her recent encounter with another alk had taught her that they also cared for the well being of the younger Elaria. "I guess you yellow skinned cousins aren't all bad."  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 am
Namira snorted out a laugh at her animal comment. They were kind of useless. They made good target practice but always came back to take their land and stink up their air.
She was pleased that Akel approved of her point of view and made a half smile.
Although she cringed a bit about the cousin comment. Had her mother's treated her so badly? What in her limited experience could give her the impression otherwise? Being called yellow skinned jabbed her a little.

Namira gave Akel a sideways look, "Hey now, what do you mean by that? Did your mothers or someone else in the village treat you badly or something?"
She wasn't normally so straightforward with elaria but she didn't like her condescending tone.

Heras Box
sorry i thought i tagged this earlier sweatdrop

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:28 am
Elf Princess Flannery
lol its fine~

A brow rose as Namira seemed to grow a bit more bold. It wasn't a bad thing but it was a bit surprising. "Eh? Treat me badly? No. Ciriet raised me just fine." Or at least Akel thought so.

She tilted her head to the side ever so slightly, causing her short dreads to hang outward over her shoulder. "You do have yellow skin and I was told the Alkidikes are our cousins. Do you feel differently?" It would be interesting to see how this one viewed herself in relation to the Elaria. Was she a sister, a cousin, an aunt?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:03 pm
"You were treated well, then why do you say we aren't all bad? I may be alkidike but please don't lump me in with the traitors on the mainland." Namira shook her head. She had to check herself. She would get in trouble if she upset an elaria. She wasn't exactly sure what Akel was getting at be she had the feeling it would end badly if she pushed too far.
Of course, elaria were cousins. Of course, she had yellow skin. But it was the way she said it that hurt. She wasn't going to let it bother her, it wasn't important. So long as they were on the same side. There were so few of them on Yael as it was, they all needed to stick together. She pinched her temples, visibly frustrated.

Heras Box

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 pm
Elf Princess Flannery

So that was it then? Akeldama stepped a bit closer to the girl and leaned close. "You have no intention of trying to corrupt Elzira do you? Then you aren't so bad." Had the stupid alk misunderstood her? his is why she felt that the Elaria were superior. "How do you feel about hybrids?" Now of course she was curious. What did Namira think about the half bloods? Or worse.. the one with such diluted blood that they had more earthling in them than alkidike.

"There are a few here that dislike earthlings but are sympathetic to the hybrids." Not that she knew who they were, she only heard of them from her alk guardian.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:28 pm
So Akeldama thought there were alk on the island that would corrupt Elzira? And what was this about hybrids? Elzira didn't make them, why was she so paranoid?

"Of course I wouldn't corrupt Elzira, not that I even could."
She snarled, "Hybrids, that's a cute name for them. They are abominations. Their twisted forms make me vomit." Her face turned to disgust. "I do not know of any on the island who sympathize with them. It is why the mothers came here."
She looked to Elzira again. "She recognized the strength and purity of our hearts and blessed us with you and the other elaria."
She turned back to Akeldama, "Why are you concerned about hybrids? Who told you about those foul things?"

Heras Box

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:43 pm
Elf Princess Flannery

Oh! Namira had spunk! Akeldama liked that. So she smirked and leaned back to look the girl over. "Ciriet told me about them. Told me how the mainlanders corrupted Aisha with half bloods." Well.. it hadn't been put so nicely.

"Good to know you don't like them." That took a lot of worry out of her. It meant that she didn't have to concern herself with Namira so much. "Heh.. keep up that attitude and you'll go places."  
◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff