[PRP Yael] Ring A Bell [Xelannis / Saedah]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indigo_Plateau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:40 am
Oh, no. Oh no.

Xelannis was not a quick moving boy. He thought it important to set himself a manageable pace that wouldn't destroy him, and he didn't hold himself to the standard of what everyone else could do. He wasn't them, and some people had better time management skills than he had, himself. Things worth doing ought to be given proper care and attention, and Xel wanted only to be at his best, performing at optimum always. If he took too long, or if he was late, it was only because seeing something through to completion was important.

Unfortunately, he didn't think he'd be able to use that as an excuse for tardiness to the morning prayers, and if he tried, it would be a lie, besides.

He'd overslept and hadn't cut back enough of his morning maintenance to make up for the lost time. But at least to him, this wasn't a high offense. Tardiness was something that could be easily remedied. It was a mistake, but it was a small one. Xel wasn't perfect, as no mortal was, and the occasional blunder was bound to happen. He could only stand to be grateful that this mistake wasn't going to be life-altering to anyone involved.

He still wasn't looking forward to being reprimanded. Even as he ran toward the inner sanctuary, he held some thread of hope that despite the last morning bell having chimed several minutes prior, the doors to the chapel would still be open and he could enter inconspicuously enough to not disturb anyone else. It was a hope he shouldn't have let himself have because he knew already how unlikely it was.

As he trotted up the three steps leading into the church, he allowed himself a small, dissatisfied groan. The doors were shut. The air was silent. Everything was still. It was familiar enough that he could practically see the other priests and priestesses behind the door, heads bowed and offering quiet thanks to their deities for continued safety, peace, and prosperity. In a moment would come the dull buzz of quietly spoken communion prayer, and after that, a short dismissal.

He wondered if he should even try to open the door. It was likely locked to keep out disturbances like him, and being late and interruptive was rude...

Xelannis sighed and rubbed a hand over his eyes.

Probably best to wait, then. If anyone took note of his missing presence, he was sure to hear of it, but in the meantime, he supposed he didn't really need to be on the other side of that threshold to complete his prayers. Xel dipped into a sit, folded his hands, and shut his eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:44 am
What was this?

Waking up...no being woken up by her aid to be told that she must hurry else miss morning prayer. Why was she being woken now? Ah ..the young girl had spoken saying she had tried to wake her, but she had fallen back into an exhausted sleep despite that. Sighing she rose unsteadily, there were no nightmares...not even sleep walking and though she had her eyes closed she slept. Perhaps it was in the very early hours that she had finally succumbed to her exhausted state. HurryingtThe young woman got dressed, messily tied up her hair and gently brushed a finger against the ribbon tied around her throat. Looking away she dropped her hand and hurried out of her room, she even skipped out on breakfast though she was pretty sure everyone was at the temple already. It felt unsightly rushing like this..what would her mentor think of her if he saw her?

So focused on her task, she came up being a young man without realizing it and stopped beside him. Staring up at the closed doors and hearing the murmur of prayer from within. Her shoulders slumped Carlden would be very disappointed in her for missing her prayers.

It took her a moment to realize she wasn't alone, standing beside her was a young man who was also of the faith, she glanced at him shyly before looking away. "We...sh..should pro..bably ..leave..." She murmured avoiding looking at his face. "ah...I mean...we shouldn't interrupt morning prayer.....ah.." She stumbled over her words, she wasn't really use to talking to others since most people avoided her, thinking she was possessed.

indigo_plateau

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Indigo_Plateau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:42 am
jayoku

He was not the most practiced at meditation. Distractions came and went, and focus was more difficult to achieve when the situation was unfamiliar. This particular situation was indeed not wholly familiar, in that he was more accustomed to being behind those closed doors at this hour. As much as he would've liked to pretend that he wasn't sitting outside, barred from the comfortable routine of his morning rituals, it was harder to remain fully committed to his prayers when not within the bounds of the chapel.

At the approaching sound of footsteps, Xelannis was all too ready to crack open an eye.

The girl that trotted up the few stairs and paused at the door in his wake wasn't anyone he recognized. Well, maybe he'd seen her in passing. They'd likely shared the same grounds for many years, but Xel had no idea what her name, role, or rank was. All he knew was that she, too, was late. That made her a comrade in this troubling time.

"We didn't make it in time," Xelannis agreed with a bright smile, finding some comfort in the fact that he wasn't alone. "However." He tipped his head back far enough that he could peer at the very top of the closed doors behind him and the archway leading in. "I don't think we need to leave," Xel replied on a murmur. "As long as we stay reasonably quiet, I don't think we'll be disruptive, and I'd rather remain close by."

He didn't want anyone to think they were shirking by walking away from a place that they should be in, should've been in sooner, even. Traipsing off to elsewhere sounded like a bad idea. Instead, he smiled, and extended a hand and warm grin in offering. "My name is Xelannis. Would you care to sit with me?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 am
indigo_plateau
Going to be away for the next couple of days so I won't be able to reply until monday at the latest. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Ah...he is a much better person than I.

That was her initial thought, the fact that he wanted to remain close by despite the fact they were obviously missing out on morning prayer. Sighing she nodded her head slowly, yes even if she missed out on prayer and her mentors would be disappointed in her staying close was probably a better sign of her faith than if she just left due to being embarrassed. Reaching up she touched the ribbon tied around her neck gently before dropping her hand. Looking over she spotted a bench and she gestured towards it.

"Your right...you are very faithful to the Gods...how about we sit and reflect about this morning?" She offered trying to give him a small smile. Dropping her gaze quickly away she was sure that Caldren would be impressed that she was trying to be sociable, but it only made her heart hurt thinking that she would have to rely on anyone other than her mentor.

"I don't recognize you...are you new to the temple?" Saedah inquired trying to make some form of small talk while she walked over to the bench.  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Indigo_Plateau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:06 pm
Quiet acceptance and what seemed like very hesitant agreement followed his suggestion. The girl, name still unknown, did not seem to be in the highest of spirits. Her tone was low, words soft and spaced, and her expression one that didn't often meet his. Xelannis tilted his head at her, smile still in place, and wondered if this was her usual demeanor or if she was just exceptionally upset over missing out on being welcomed into the temple. It wouldn't have shocked him if it was only the second. Routine was critical and vastly important, almost especially so to the people of their age.

Many of those near to his age and younger thrived off of a regimented, methodical schedule. Perhaps such was part of why the gods had selected them. They were easier to coax into following intricate processes and rituals, due to an obsessive need for order.

Not that he was terribly plagued by such a thing, himself.

Xilannis followed her gaze toward a bench nestled among the grass along the cobblestone path and then glanced back up at the doors behind him. It wasn't considered 'leaving' so long as he was still within line of sight, he supposed, and a bench would make a more comfortable location and give them enough distance to speak freely, without the fear of anyone inside hearing them. He nodded brightly. "Of course. That would be wonderful."

He rose to his feet and followed in the young woman's wake, arms clasped behind himself. A short laugh slipped out of him, and he shook his head. "Oh, no, hardly new," Xel answered cheerily. "I was young when I was brought in, as I expect you were...?" But then, he didn't really know, did he? Not everyone was bound to follow the same path. "But maybe not. The gods aren't always known for sticking to the same patterns. It would've been delightful to live out those early years with your family, don't you think?"

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:57 am
Indigo_Plateau

Early years...her memories from before coming to the temple were...not pleasant to say the least. Constant fatigue, bruises and nightmares. Parents who walked around her as if stepping on eggshells, she didn't even remember the villagers well..or any children her age. No life had gotten better for her significantly when she came here. Caldren was the one to thank for that and she owed him so much.

Sitting on the bench she continued to avoid looking over at...what did he say his name was again? Did she miss it? No..thinking about it now it seemed she never asked for it. Her awkwardness rose to new heights.

"Ah..I don't have many memories from before coming to the temple. But I have many warm ones since coming here.." Saedah replied, why hadn't she offered her name? Perhaps she was afraid that upon hearing her name her 'reputation' would stop him from wanting to associate with her any longer. She was lonely, since her mentor had fallen ill she had few to no people she could talk to casually.

"I am sorry I don't recognize you, I suppose..I have been too distant with my fellow brothers and sisters.." The young woman trailed off, surely Caldren would want her to try and make friends right? The future felt so uncertain with his health failing. "Ah..my name is...Saedah.." She managed a blush coming to her cheeks as she tried to smooth out the wrinkles in her robes nearly obsessively.  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Indigo_Plateau

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:40 pm
jayoku

Xelannis' attention swiveled toward the young woman in abrupt confusion. She didn't have many memories of her home? At what age had she been brought here? It must have been very young to have as little recollection of it as she claimed. Upon his own arrival, Xel had been just a child himself, yes, with not much of importance having happened to him up until then, but he still clung with inspired vigor to what it had been like to live at home, among his parents and siblings. His mother was a true gift from the gods, in all her patience and overarching affection for her children. His siblings were intelligent and curious and had been as eager to please their eldest brother at least as often as they'd offended him.

Of course, some weren't so fortunate as he was. Xelannis had heard tales of families who'd shunned their Chosen children, parents who'd been cruel, siblings who'd been frightened, and neighbors who'd acted out against unfamiliar behaviors. His teachers and mentors had assured him that these cases weren't as common as they sounded, though for as often as he heard it, it sounded more like the rule than the exception.

"I enjoy living here, and I appreciate the opportunity to come to know all that I have," Xelannis admitted with a shrug. "But I've always thought- selfishly, I suppose- that it might be nice to have both: to be able to serve my gods and remain close with my family..."

It was an irrelevant thought now, and impossible besides. After residing within the Sanctum's walls for as long as he had, his role was clear, and it was not to be a dutiful son or a doting older brother. He shook his head. "I admit I'm not especially familiar with you, either," Saedah," he replied. "But I've never claimed to have a strong memory, and it's entirely possible I've seen you before. Here." He plucked his quill from behind his ear, tugged a small notebook from a robe pocket, flipped to a clean slip of parchment, and offered both to her.

"I write things down to help me remember them. Write your name down," he ordered. "I'll try to remember it in the future."

◈ RP Graveyard

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games