[Contest] Bonelands Umholi+Inselelo (Closed) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:26 am
OOCly, Quaji has stepped down from leadership of the Ithambo'hlabathi.  ICly, this means that leadership will be changing as well...which it was scheduled to do anyway, but this changes the plans a bit!  Umkhombo will be coming in as the 'head' Umholi, but he will need a partner, as the pride is large enough and covers a big enough expanse of territory over their migrations that it's both implausible and strategically unwise for a single Umholi to be successful.  Additionally, as a descendant of both Gakere and Surtak, Umkhombo is related to a lot of the females, so he'll have good reasons to want to bring a second with him.  I have someone he has an established history with, but the last thing I want is to have both Abaholi, hence this contest.

However, in case everyone is not comfortable taking on the rehome guy, I'll also offer a second option, a blank slate you'll need to give history to as well as personality.  Either one could be the new Umholi, I'll go with whatever entry I like best, whether it's using the rehome or the blank slate.  If each one has an entry I like, one will become Umholi and one will become an Inselelo so we'll have two of those again.

RULES
  • This is not a co-ownership contest; though I may explore options in the future, I'll retain full ownership of the pride for now. 
  • Regardless, you need to be willing and able to participate in plots and RP if you win the Umholi character.  If you disappear or are totally unresponsive for a prolonged period of time, I reserve the right to pilot or write out the Umholi character as necessary.
  • If you win the Inselelo character (this is an IF - I do not guarantee that one will result from this contest), he will be subject to the usual Inselelo rules and terms.
  • Anyone can enter, regardless of how many Bonelanders you do or don't have or what ranks they hold.
  • You may enter for both lions, but can only win one.
  • This contest will remain open for two full weeks from the time of its posting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:33 am
 User Image

Our first candidate, Ahlaq sim Sungus, comes with history, and with it some potential drama!  During his time away, Umkhombo became a member - and then leader - of the Qyrhyeshti, who were at war with another pride, the Burkuteshti, which were led by...Ahlaq!  After losing his pride to a combination of disease and human expansion, he joined up with the Impibutho, earning his way into the pride and a warparty led by a savage leotah by offering up a slave.  Then, after the better part of a year, he came upon a familiar sight: Umkhombo, who was wandering the savannah after failing to overthrow Bangizwe and Andhaka.  He attacked, but lost, and to add insult to injury, his old enemy was offered a place in the warparty.  They've now been successfully working together without disemboweling each other for a few seasons; they may or may not be BFFs, but Khombo trusts him enough to ask him to leave the Impibutho and come to the Bonelands with him.  This may not go over well with the Qyrhyeshti lionesses in the pride.

Physically, Ahlaq is a shade below average rogue size.  He's a season or so older than Umkhombo, and roughly his equal in terms of fighting ability, but when they fight often loses simply due to the difference in size and strength.

User Image

Then we have our mysterious, (maybe) handsome stranger!  His personality is entirely up to you, as is most of his history, but Umkhombo has to know and trust him from somewhere: he'll need to have either been a soldier in the Qyrhyeshti, or a wardog in the Impibutho.  

Meepfur
Captain

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:42 am
ENTRY FORMS

For Ahlaq:
[b][color=darkblue]Entry for Ahlaq sim Sungus[/color][/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Ideas, Plots, Anything Extra:[/b]

For the Mystery Lion:
[b][color=darkred]Entry for the Mystery Man[/color][/b]
[b]Name and Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Ideas, Plots, Anything Extra:[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:40 am
Entry for Ahlaq sim Sungus
Personality: Ahlaq is a bitter and resentful lion, the product of the harsh life fate has dealt him. Loosing his pride and his rulership was a hard blow, but knowing that it had been his responsibility to protect his pride and then failing to do so was far worse. And then to have what little - if not happiness, then success - he had managed to win with the Impibutho stolen from him by Umkhombo's re-emergence into his life was just rubbing salt into still-raw wounds.
However, after so long spent working side-by-side with his old rival, Ahlaq has come to begrudgingly respect and even secretly admire the big dark male. There are few he would call his equal, but Umkhombo is one of them. While Ahlaq would never entertain the idea of calling the dark lion his friend, the though of anyone else having Umkhombo's back during a fight is both ludicrous and unthinkable. No one knows him as well or as deeply as Umkhombo, no other knows of his struggles, nor can they understand the pain of loosing their home and the guilt of ruling over such an end that saw so many lions made homeless and destitute. Umkhombo had been there, in that same position. Both leaders of their prides, both driven from their homelands. Then finding and fitting in with the Impibutho, learning not only to work together without ripping each other apart, but also learning how to fight together and eventually succeed together. Umkhombo knows him, and that is a bond even deeper than blood. If he has earned nothing else in the life he has carved out for himself, his history with the dark male was it.
So, begrudgingly but with no real regret, he followed Umkhombo to a new land, a new pride, and a new home.
Ideas, Plots, Anything Extra: Would love to develop the rivalry-turned-brotherhood relationship between the two of them, maybe even going further if rp warrents. Also I would be totally up for him and the Qyrhyeshti females being at odds with each other, and the pride's reaction to a paler Umholi. Between the ex-Qyrhyeshti and traditionalist Bonelanders, his introduction to the pride probably won't be a smooth one.
Possible casual 'you may know this person' plots with the ex-stormborn reaver now living in the Ithambo and a ex-Burkuteshti Muharip now living in the stormborn.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:15 pm
Entry for the Mystery Man
Name and Meaning: Faust - fist in German
Personality: Faust is an actions speak louder than words kinda guy. He doesn't speak much and when he does its as short and sweet as he can make it. That's not to say he isn't smart, though. In fact, he's quite intelligent and has proven his brain and his brawn in battle more than once. He prefers to be around others, listening and watching their every move, taking in little details that might surprise those he's observing. Despite his battle-hardened appearance, Faust has a soft spot for those he holds dear to him. It takes a while to earn his trust and loyalty, but once you have it he would lay down his life to protect yours.
History: Faust was born a rogue to a lioness and a fertile leopon. He had one sister - also a lioness - and they were quite the happy little family. During a journey in the sands near the Impibutho, a violent storm kicked up, blinding the family and leaving them stranded. Faust ended up separated from them and wandered into the waiting paws of a group of wardogs. Rather than kill the young male, they brought him back to the center of the pride and pressed him into slavery. He grew up as a slave and only once his mane came in fully did he finally begin to claw his way up and out of the rank he had been given. He captured a wandering hyena to replace himself as a slave and began to prove his worth in a band of wardogs where he eventually met Umkhombo. [Details here can be worked out if he's picked. Perhaps Umkhombo saved his life, earning his trust and loyalty, or something else of that nature happened that would give him a reason to follow his friend to the Bonelands].
Ideas, Plots, Anything Extra: Faust would bring along his battle companion Nike, a lioness who joined the Impibutho after the destruction of her home pride. She's a warrior and doesn't take no for an answer, probably would cause a bit of a stir in the Bonelands with her attitude and demeanor.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:33 pm
Personality: When Umkhombo and Ahlaq first crossed paths, Ahlaq would have been a bitter lion with a lot of bottled up anger. Having never thought himself as a victim of circumstance, he takes the weight of what he sees as his failures heavily onto his own shoulders. Rather than any sort of self-pity, his shame has manifested into an aggressive need to redeem himself. Having Umkhombo around the Impibutho obviously tested his anger. He would have stubbornly stifled any grudges, telling himself that he would just suffer though being around him and wait for an opportunity to take his frustrations out at a later time. This need would eventually fade into a genuine respect. Time away from the war he had known all his life would have given him perspective of another lifestye, and though he might have been questioning his own intentions when initially leaving the Impibutho with Umkhombo, by the time they reach and settle into the Bonelands he would genuinely be beyond and grudges he feels towards the Qyrhyeshti. He'll instead be seeking new ways to redefine who he is. That being said, he is still a lion of few words who can come off almost excessively gruff. Old ways die hard, after all.
Ideas, Plots, Anything Extra:
-Some juicy plots with a/some Qyrhy lioness/es for sure. I would love to backplot with individuals who would be interested in having one of the other responsible for the death of family members or friends. I imagine there would be a rumor floating around that Ahlaq is conning Umkhombo and now that he's close to what remains of the Qyrhyeshti, he'll try to sabotage them to get rid of them for good. That being said, I'd love for him to eventually be able to get in good graces with them (I'm a fan of fluffy, gooey plots, let's be real), as a sort of poetic 'end' to this whole feud thing. Maybe a rescue, or defending, or something.
-At some point, either when he arrives or later after he's established himself more, Ahlaq will continue to test the Qyrhy lioness' patience at the arrival of Esta bint Dasha, a fierce and battle-ready lioness from the Burkuteshti.
-Other possible Burkut confrontations can include Ahlaq's Uncle or Cousin and family.
-I'd like for him and Umkhombo to have had a relationship that began very much so on the wrong foot only to have gradually changed over time. Snide, forced respect that eventually turned into a genuine bro relationship.  

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:48 am
Name and Meaning: Lithe (English word meaning limber, flexible, etc.)
Personality:
    Lithe is a very likable guy. He kind of has to be, less he'd catch hell for being more slender than most males of his species and age. To avoid being "picked on" as a youth, he made sure to develop his social skills in an effort to befriend those that would have targeted him. A lot of this was founded on his humorous jokes and his general friendly attitude. As he grew, he still didn't fill out as quite as much as those his age, but by this time, he was the kind of lion that most got along with. Fighting was a way of life, though, and that meant he'd better damn well get good at it. Determined, he practiced harder and more than most, eventually finding his stride.

History:
    Lithe was lucky in that he was born into Impubutho. He was not so lucky to be born with a slender frame, much more slim than what was expected of a pup born into the Impubutho. He spent a lot of youth working his "disadvantage" to an "advantage," and eventually--somewhere along the line--he picked up the name "Lithe." No one even remembers his birth name, and Lithe doesn't care to remind them.

He was a War Pup when he first encountered Umkhombo. He didn't directly speak to him, though, for the most part. It wasn't until Lithe decided it was time for him to advance to becoming War Dog. He'd seen Umk fight, but that didn't give him any sense of confidence. He knew the lion was strong and highly skilled. Of course they didn't call him Lithe for nothing. The greatest asset to Lithe is his speed and ability to dodge. Of course... it was time for Lithe to learn the weakness that speed brings. Where Lithe was quick, Umk had stamina. He lost only after Umk was able to wear him down⏤his speed lessened, and his dodges became sloppy. He was landing blows too, of course, but those were also taking his energy from him not so slowly. Umk was relatively good natured about it. A cocky War Pup put in his place, no doubt, but he did give advice on how to improve (perhaps not in a such a kind manner but they weren't there for kindness, were they?).

Upon Umk's advice, Lithe trained harder and was able complete his Rite of Force with a different War Dog than Umk. After becoming a War Dog, Lithe continued to train and eventually challenged Umk to a rematch. Over the course of their time with the Impibutho, both Umk and Lithe had had several matches where it was a closely called victory⏤both receiving wins and losses (both would say they "won" more than the other). The more they trained together, the more they would take jabs at each other's skill of fighting. Slowly this developed a friendship founded on training, dry humor, and respect.

[Not sure if this is all do-able plot wise, but of course it's totally able to be "tweaked" and worked out to work with Umk's history and personality!]

• I would also like to plot with Ahlaq, juice up the story line perhaps? Maybe Lithe left with Ahlaq when Umk came back around.
  • I hope I got Umk's history right! o _o;; Since the requirements were either War Dog or the Qyrhyeshti, I really liked the War Dog backstory⏤but I'm very flexible! ^3^

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:52 pm
Name and Meaning: Sayilmaz (Turkish/"Uncountable" bc that's what "grullo" means wleh;jklrjwk) sim Sulta (Turkish/"Power")
Personality: He's always been comfortable being in general fighting ranks, not doesn't need extra "glory" (Umkhombo can have it). He is hard working, diligent, and has strong moral obligations towards ethics/norms/sanctions of his pride (even though he wasn't born into the Bonelands).
For the Qyrhyeshti, he was a little dark for their liking at times but it seems the ladies in the Bonelands are into it?? So that's cool. It suits his happier-as-second-in-command personality, too, because Umkhombo's black mane is even ~sexier~ so he can have more of the ladies that he wants, but he also is pretty happy about not having to be tied down to a life mate (well, he just hasn't met the right girl yet, either).

History: A soldier born into the Qyrhyeshti, he toiled constantly in fighting the Burkuteshti and hunting the meager desert resources. His time in the Bonelands is now more directed towards Inselelo patrolling and fighting-off duties because he doesn't need to hunt as much (/if Umholi, then taking that upon himself anyway to keep any ex-Burkuteshti males at bay). Even though Umkhombo wasn't born-in to the Qyrhyeshti like he was, Sayilmaz absolutely trusts Umkhombo with his life. He also treats Ahlaq sim Sungus with much skepticism, but Umkhombo's faith in the lion is satisfactory enough to keep Sayilmaz from picking fights (maybe trading some cross words, but nothing that escalates).

Ideas, Plots, Anything Extra: Even though Alaq and Umkhombo are getting along pretty well, Sayilmaz still doesn't care for the brown lion. However, he is happier with a greater good benefitting, but if the now-Qyrhyeshti lionesses were dissatisfied enough, he would act in line with their interests to try to get rid of Alaq. >:T -shakes paw at- Aka if you want some tension where someone gets banished or something, Sayilmaz would be good for it.

As far as him being an Umholi vs Inselelo, his character is overall the same where he would still somewhat defer to Umkhombo even as an equal Umholi. However, as an Umholi, he would have more rules in place that would mean harsher punishments for ex-Burkuteshti males who linger around the pride lands/give some of the ex-Burkuteshti a colder shoulder (while still fulfilling his duties if he was so called upon).  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 am
Personality: Ahlaq might seem a bit aloof to the members of his new pride. He watches and listens when in the pride, and isn't particularly cosy with Umkhombo. His spark comes out when he defends the pride, however. Sometimes he's unnecessarily cruel to the males he's tasked to keep everyone safe from, and he'll pick fights even where he might have been able to just scare them away. He treats the lionesses pretty business-like too, and appears to be fairly cold hearted.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer... There will be no grooming sessions between the two males, at least not initiated by Ahlaq. He's got a deep respect for the other male, but it's not love or perhaps even a friendship. But to the tan male respect is much harder to earn than a friendship. While in the Impibutho he learned that they are more similar than he thought, and he learned that he could trust the darker male.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:18 pm
Screw it, I can only handle so much decision-making. Who needs two Abaholi when you can have three? I'll make up an introduction ORP for them after work tomorrow or the morning after.

oo DeD
Personality: When Umkhombo and Ahlaq first crossed paths, Ahlaq would have been a bitter lion with a lot of bottled up anger. Having never thought himself as a victim of circumstance, he takes the weight of what he sees as his failures heavily onto his own shoulders. Rather than any sort of self-pity, his shame has manifested into an aggressive need to redeem himself. Having Umkhombo around the Impibutho obviously tested his anger. He would have stubbornly stifled any grudges, telling himself that he would just suffer though being around him and wait for an opportunity to take his frustrations out at a later time. This need would eventually fade into a genuine respect. Time away from the war he had known all his life would have given him perspective of another lifestye, and though he might have been questioning his own intentions when initially leaving the Impibutho with Umkhombo, by the time they reach and settle into the Bonelands he would genuinely be beyond and grudges he feels towards the Qyrhyeshti. He'll instead be seeking new ways to redefine who he is. That being said, he is still a lion of few words who can come off almost excessively gruff. Old ways die hard, after all.
-Some juicy plots with a/some Qyrhy lioness/es for sure. I would love to backplot with individuals who would be interested in having one of the other responsible for the death of family members or friends. I imagine there would be a rumor floating around that Ahlaq is conning Umkhombo and now that he's close to what remains of the Qyrhyeshti, he'll try to sabotage them to get rid of them for good. That being said, I'd love for him to eventually be able to get in good graces with them (I'm a fan of fluffy, gooey plots, let's be real), as a sort of poetic 'end' to this whole feud thing. Maybe a rescue, or defending, or something.
-At some point, either when he arrives or later after he's established himself more, Ahlaq will continue to test the Qyrhy lioness' patience at the arrival of Esta bint Dasha, a fierce and battle-ready lioness from the Burkuteshti.
-Other possible Burkut confrontations can include Ahlaq's Uncle or Cousin and family.
-I'd like for him and Umkhombo to have had a relationship that began very much so on the wrong foot only to have gradually changed over time. Snide, forced respect that eventually turned into a genuine bro relationship.

SilverLutz
Name and Meaning: Faust - fist in German
Personality: Faust is an actions speak louder than words kinda guy. He doesn't speak much and when he does its as short and sweet as he can make it. That's not to say he isn't smart, though. In fact, he's quite intelligent and has proven his brain and his brawn in battle more than once. He prefers to be around others, listening and watching their every move, taking in little details that might surprise those he's observing. Despite his battle-hardened appearance, Faust has a soft spot for those he holds dear to him. It takes a while to earn his trust and loyalty, but once you have it he would lay down his life to protect yours.
History: Faust was born a rogue to a lioness and a fertile leopon. He had one sister - also a lioness - and they were quite the happy little family. During a journey in the sands near the Impibutho, a violent storm kicked up, blinding the family and leaving them stranded. Faust ended up separated from them and wandered into the waiting paws of a group of wardogs. Rather than kill the young male, they brought him back to the center of the pride and pressed him into slavery. He grew up as a slave and only once his mane came in fully did he finally begin to claw his way up and out of the rank he had been given. He captured a wandering hyena to replace himself as a slave and began to prove his worth in a band of wardogs where he eventually met Umkhombo. [Details here can be worked out if he's picked. Perhaps Umkhombo saved his life, earning his trust and loyalty, or something else of that nature happened that would give him a reason to follow his friend to the Bonelands].
Ideas, Plots, Anything Extra: Faust would bring along his battle companion Nike, a lioness who joined the Impibutho after the destruction of her home pride. She's a warrior and doesn't take no for an answer, probably would cause a bit of a stir in the Bonelands with her attitude and demeanor.

But we shall also have an Inselelo to come along when these chaps are all settled! (And pending the making of him!)

Puhterodactyl
Name and Meaning: Sayilmaz (Turkish/"Uncountable" bc that's what "grullo" means wleh;jklrjwk) sim Sulta (Turkish/"Power")
Personality: He's always been comfortable being in general fighting ranks, not doesn't need extra "glory" (Umkhombo can have it). He is hard working, diligent, and has strong moral obligations towards ethics/norms/sanctions of his pride (even though he wasn't born into the Bonelands).
For the Qyrhyeshti, he was a little dark for their liking at times but it seems the ladies in the Bonelands are into it?? So that's cool. It suits his happier-as-second-in-command personality, too, because Umkhombo's black mane is even ~sexier~ so he can have more of the ladies that he wants, but he also is pretty happy about not having to be tied down to a life mate (well, he just hasn't met the right girl yet, either).

History: A soldier born into the Qyrhyeshti, he toiled constantly in fighting the Burkuteshti and hunting the meager desert resources. His time in the Bonelands is now more directed towards Inselelo patrolling and fighting-off duties because he doesn't need to hunt as much (/if Umholi, then taking that upon himself anyway to keep any ex-Burkuteshti males at bay). Even though Umkhombo wasn't born-in to the Qyrhyeshti like he was, Sayilmaz absolutely trusts Umkhombo with his life. He also treats Ahlaq sim Sungus with much skepticism, but Umkhombo's faith in the lion is satisfactory enough to keep Sayilmaz from picking fights (maybe trading some cross words, but nothing that escalates).

Ideas, Plots, Anything Extra: Even though Alaq and Umkhombo are getting along pretty well, Sayilmaz still doesn't care for the brown lion. However, he is happier with a greater good benefitting, but if the now-Qyrhyeshti lionesses were dissatisfied enough, he would act in line with their interests to try to get rid of Alaq. >:T -shakes paw at- Aka if you want some tension where someone gets banished or something, Sayilmaz would be good for it.

As far as him being an Umholi vs Inselelo, his character is overall the same where he would still somewhat defer to Umkhombo even as an equal Umholi. However, as an Umholi, he would have more rules in place that would mean harsher punishments for ex-Burkuteshti males who linger around the pride lands/give some of the ex-Burkuteshti a colder shoulder (while still fulfilling his duties if he was so called upon).

Meepfur
Captain

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:58 am
-strokes Faust- owo Danks Meep, this'll be fun >W>  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 pm
User Image Thanks, Meep! So excited to plot with you all emotion_kirakira  

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:54 am
8DDDD congrats Puh and DeD! heart  
Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 am
1. Tanakako
2. In Good Faith
3. Annchen  

Meepfur
Captain

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:50 am
In Good Faith
User Image

Your participation prize, one of the Andhaka x Nenkani daughters - please speak to Ecavi about her upbringing and history! She HAS inherited her family's fertility issues, and if/when she breeds, you will need to make a note on the form that the results from her roll should be cut in half. (Her litters should not exceed 4 cubs, including custom-ins.)  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff