[ORP] Spring Fever's Sprung—Green Ysalth's Flight Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:31 pm
Lovely Kahina, my dear, I do think that we should best be getting towards the weyr. The swirl-patterned green slowly shifted to fix whirling magenta eyes on her rider, who was flat on her back and barely visible through the thick field of wild grasses around her. The rider tossed a limp blade of the stuff up into the air where it fluttered weakly.

"Hmm?" A long tan leg flexed, toes pointing up into the air in a flash of skin as she shifted in her self-made nest. A beat later the young woman threw herself forward to sitting, bits of fronds and twigs still clinging to her hair and the edges of her shirt and somehow entirely fetching, and not at all messy. "Oh! Oh, really Ysalth?" She was up and away in a breath, springing to hug herself flush against the green's arching neck. The pair hummed in mingled delight as the dragon's eyes bled deeper, darker, richer, to a pure purply shade.

Time to rise, time to shine, time to be the sun and moon and stars they were meant to be from hatching day until between took them. Today was all about them, and getting what they wanted.

Well, if you asked, every day was that day, but today especially.

With a practiced movement Kahina swing herself astride the green's neck, whooping in delight as the dragon took flight. A wink between and then they were diving, swirling down down down to pin and savage and indulge. The weyr was so very much closer now, and without a thought Kahina accepted her green's choice. The Zanoma had their own dragons of course, but the heart wanted what the heart wanted. And there were so very many new dragons to entice at Western these days. She stood by as Ysalth singled out one of the ranging wild herdbeasts, struck, and began leeching the blood from its throat even while the thing still kicked and squealed. The struggle was almost as delicious as the red pumping heat...

And then with a radiant shriek, the green launched herself. Up, up, and out, over the weyr crying challenge to any and all males who dared try to come after one as fast and flighty and free as herself.

Think you can catch the wind, little weyr-trundlebugs? Not with your claws or your teeth, but maybe with strong enough wings...come along then, if you think you can.

Kahina cheered her as she went, and ran along in her wake. Not into the weyr, no, but near enough. She didn't mind if the arms that caught her when some lucky brown or blue caught Ysalth's matched up. Any would do, and feel just as nice, she was sure.

User Image

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Come one, come all, Western males or holdless! Ysalth is rising, and she's daring YOU to try to snare her!

On Ysalth:
Ysalth is a bit more introspective than her rider, though no less prone to flights of fancy (both literal and figurative) and equally eager to indulge herself. She is a gold born in a green's skin, and the only one who thinks more of herself than she does is Kahina. Barely into adulthood, she has natural confidence as well as the reckless sureness of youth. She is immortal and unstoppable and ready to claw her way to the top of the heap, plant her flag, and then take off for the next mountain to climb.

She thinks things through more than her rider does, but only very rarely tries to keep her from doing anything. If her rider were a bit more placid, more content not to rush into things, she probably would be more upfront with her thoughts and reservations, but the two feed off each other's impulsive natures, and though Ysalth does often consider the consequences, they are only ever the short-term ones, as her memory is too short to really understand that something they do today might make trouble months in the future.

On Kahina:
Life is meant to be lived, and shard it all if Kahina doesn't mean to live it. She does what she wants, when she wants, and how she wants, and to between with anyone who'd like to tell her otherwise. A hedonist at heart, she thinks life should be anything goes (as long as no one gets hurt...or at least no one she cares about, or as long as whomever it is can't catch her after!) and sees no problem with doing things illegal or immoral to get a thrill or what she wants.

I've based this flight system off Moofull's system over here, because I love it and dice.

Rules/Info:
‣There will be rounds, and rolling, and Ysalth will pick her winner from the top three performing males at the end of the rounds.
‣Each round will last two days, so everyone has some time to get at it.
‣If you roll for your entry for the round, but don't find time to fill your post in with RP before the round ends, your points for that round will be halved.
‣I expect you to keep track of your own score, but I'll be watching too, so that the top three will get those spots fairly.
‣This is open to any male dragons in the area. You do not have to be a weyr native, just have a reason to be in the area at the time!
‣Kahina has no preferences towards any kinds of riders that might influence her green, so she won't be pushing her dragon towards any choice.
‣NPCs are fine, if you lack a location-apropo rider to toss any in for funsies.

Ysalth's Stats:
Green Dragon: +50
Less than 5 turns: +2
Fit/Motivated: +10
Blooding Bonus: +5
67pts

Strength: 7
Speed: 20
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 10
Wits: 15

Determining Your Male's Stats:
Base points for bronze: 35pts
Base points for brown: 40pts
Base points for blue: 45pts

If the male is:
- Less than 5 turns: +2 points
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
- Above 36 turns: +5 points

- Rotund/Lazy: +0 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points

-Particularly spunky/positive/chillaxed: +2pts
-Stern/traditional/condescending: -5pts

Using the above points, you get your point total, which is up to you to distribute through your base stats. Please try to keep your distributions realistic for your particular dragon!

I will give everyone a chance to post opening responses and determine their stats (which I'm happy to help with if anyone needs it!) before we start actual rounds. The first round will begin Monday, March 13th and entries will be penalized after that point, so hop to!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:20 pm
Finiamine.

Finia, who was currently in the process of buying her sister some rather soft fabric in a lovely shade green that would make the loveliest little skirt, paused to tilt her head only slightly. <What is it now... ?> The brown dragon had been rather quiet, brooding off in his little corner while she purchased what she needed. Typically, a lot more would be done whenever she had the chance to be out socializing with those that traveled through the area. But Arlii had mentioned how nice it would be to update a few items of her clothing, and Finia decided to indulge and surprise her sister with fabric to create whatever she wanted.

Komaith lifted his head towards the sky, eyes whirling a slightly magenta that was tinting to purple. I hear her call. A challenge. I will fly. And catch. He rumbled, easing to his feet and looking towards his rider.

He was going to what? It took all her willpower to contintue her transaction without shooting a dirty look at Komaith. Fabric purchased, Finia strode with purpose to her bonded. He wasn't too far out, only a respectable distance so as not to frighten the beasts that pulled the carts.

"You're gonna do what?" She asked flatly, crossing her arms.

I'm going to fly. She challenges and calls us. He lowered his head to nudge at his rider in a rare show of affection. Beloved, you will not deny me this.

She threw her arms up in the air. "Fine! But y'better not leave me stranded out here." Finia sighed, removing his flight gear with a practiced hand. It appeared she'd be looking for something else to do for a while longer. Although she was quite curious about the dragon rising. Komaith had not given a name. Which meant it wasn't someone she was familiar with. Or... it meant something else.

"Komaith... " She began, only to be cut off by the sweep of the large dragons wings. Laughter flitted through her mind and she added a few curses to his retreating hide.

I will accept this challenge you present. Komaith rumbled to Ysalth.

-------

Komaith's Stats:
Brown Dragon: +40pts
Between 6-20 turns: +10
Average/Normal: +5
Not Nice: -5
50pts

Health Factor: 4 + 3 + 2 = 9
Defense Factor: 2 + 1 + 2 = 5

Strength: 19
Defense: 10
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 7
Wits: 9

Health: 28
Defense: 14

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:55 pm
((I had been looking for a reason to dust these boys off. gaia_star ))

The brown dragon looked up from where he'd been sunning himself along the beach. While he was accustomed to green dragons rising, there was something different about this one. Different enough to strike interest in the brown. It had been some time since he'd stretched out his wings; while he was by no means old, he was not newly hatched, and was a bit more particular on who he decided to chase. With a sudden leap, and a loud bellow, the brown dragon pushed off from the beach, scatting the sand everywhere.

K'tos, for his part, had not expected his brown to suddenly bombard him with dragonlust. The Weyrleader Second had been in the midst of an informal meeting with R'mor, which only made things a bit awkward.

You're doing this right now? You couldn't wait? K'tos tried to fight through the lust. He could, if he really pushed it back, disregard it. But the meeting was dry, and K'tos had already been ready to wrap it up and head to the records rooms.

The lovely lady calls, and I will be there to answer.

The brown dragon bugled again as he swept over the Weyr, hoping he might catch sight of the green. If you wish to pursue, rider mine, I suggest you exit the Weyr post-haste. It was the last thought Minath would give his rider. It did not take him long to locate the foreign green -- an exotic creature, really, and one that he did not recognize. Thankfully, it did not matter. She wanted to be chased, and Minath would not let her down.

Bugling his own challenge, the brown dragon was only too happy to see how he fared. I will fly where you fly, Wildflower. Let me show you how us Weyr dragons fly!

"Junenth says Minath's feeling a bit frisky. Should we table this for now?" R'mor grinned at his Second. He could tell K'tos had suddenly looked rather vacent, and more than a bit uncomfortable. Apparently the flushed look of the other wasn't just from the heat of the afternoon. "Go on then. You could use a bit of fresh air anyway!" The Weyrleader teased, clapping his friend on the shoulder, and all but kicking him out of his office.

"Er... Right. Yes." Honestly, K'tos was having trouble figuring out where he was supposed to go. He needed to leave the Weyr, but that meant crossing the Bowl and somehow keeping himself together. Minath hadn't been particularly kind -- abandoning him while he took chase. Stumbling out the door, the man tried to keep his composure.

It was just a flight. But it had been some time since the brown had actively participated -- and now he was chasing some unaffiliated green. Wildflower -- what sort of name was that?! Shaffing dragon, abandoning him to this maze of corridors. Maybe he'd taken a wrong turn. You'd think he knew how to navigate the Weyr, but his brown wasn't making things easy.

I really should make NPC Character Sheets so I have their info down. < < Must add it to the never ending to do list.

Brown Minath's Stats
Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Total: 59 points

Strength: 15
Speed: 11
Dexterity: 9
Stamina: 15

ShinosBee

Do I need to go into Health / Defense? I see Kyrieko added it and it's in the system you linked, but I'm not seeing any rules for it in your directions, or for Ysalth? Should I add that stuff too?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:43 pm
((OOC: Just a quick answer there for ya MH, don't worry about health or defence for this flight. That's part of the system but Ysalth let me know that since this is the shop's first flight it won't be too crazy, so not worrying about it. heart ))  

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 pm
As the afternoon wore on around them, Sunny and Altoth were lying together on their heated ledge, soaking up the warm sunlight. Salva was waiting for a friend to join them, whom she had planned to go out together with to eat, when the blue's eyes suddenly turned towards the sky. She sat up on her elbows, noticing the minute shift in her dragon's mood even before the flecks of red were visible in his eyes.

"Hmm? What's up, love bug?" she asked him with a wide smile, a warm feeling spreading through her chest and cheeks.
A green rises.
Oh? Whose? she asked curiously. Altoth had a slate of greens he often chased, and Salva was careful to keep tabs on when his favorites were due to rise (so she could be sure not to schedule too much for that day!) but none were coming up.
No one from here. She comes from outside. the blue replied. That caught her interest.
"Oh-ho! An interloper, huh?" Sunny asked, sitting up completely. "How exquisitely interesting!"

For her own part, Salva always enjoyed Altoth's flights, whether he won them or not. She loved the feeling of their minds slamming together, dancing though the sky with him, together as one mind.

"Well? Are you going to chase her?" she asked him eagerly.
Well, I would... 'But someone is currently occupying my back...' Is what he wouldn't say. If Sunny wanted to, she could remain draped over his neck forever, and Altoth wouldn't say a word about it. If he got even the slightest indication that Salva would prefer him to remain on the ground, for whatever frivolous reason, then grounded he would remain. Though she reveled in that power for a second, Sunny, of course, had no such desire. And, catching on to his unspoken meaning, nodded silently and rolled off of the blue's back with a giggle.
Go get em tiger! she cheered him as the blue bumped his forehead against hers briefly, before taking off nimbly from their weyr.

Ysalth! Let's dance! he sang as he soared over the walls of the Weyr, out across the open grasses.

Sunny, meanwhile, made her way down the steps from their weyr, a haze of heat and heart-pounding stimulation. She was just lucky their weyr was one of the lower one, or it would be a long walk indeed. As she turned the last corner down the twisting tunnel to the outside, she caught sight of their Weyrsecond up ahead of her. Didn't I see Minath making his way out of the Weyr just before Altoth? she thought with a devious grin.

"K'to~oss!" she called, launching herself at his back with an aim to wrap her arms around his shoulders in a hug if he didn't stop her. "Where you going buddy?" she asked slyly, knowing very well what he was up to right now.

Blue dragon: +45
6-20 turns: +10
Motivated: +10
Positive: +2

Strength: 13
Speed: 12
Stamina: 17
Wits: 10

Health Factor = 4+3+3 = 10
Defense Factor = 2+1+3 = 6

Health: 23
Defense: 16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 pm
Marasemeth never, ever, ever wanted to upset G'ar. It would break his heart into pieces to do so, and he'd rather throw himself between (aside from knowing just how badly that would hurt his beloved rider) than think of it...but the heart wants what the heart wants, and the moment a certain pale, unfamiliar, entirely enchanting green when hurtling unto weyr airspace trailing the scent and memory of so very many places he'd never gotten to see... The blue was smitten. He all but cried out from his perch on his ledge, the sudden almost painful jab of emotion catching G'ar off guard and sending him running, frantic, to the blue's side.

"Mara, Mara please, what is it? What's wrong?" He called up at the blue, more than a bit unsettled that the dragon hadn't turned to immediately nuzzle against him. Something was very wrong.

Oh G'ar, my heart, she is just so very beautiful... The blue keened and for one horrible moment it almost sounded he was crying. The man at his side knew in a moment what his blue felt, and swiftly worked to hide his own split thoughts on the matter from the aching heart of the blue. How could he deny his partner this? He felt is waves the need to give chase. But at the same time, wasn't it so much safer to never take that first taste? To never realize what you were missing...?

G'ar shook himself, snorting, and slapped the blue's side to send him off before he could think further on it. He couldn't hold the one he loved most back like that. Not even if he wanted to.

For his part, the blue was so entranced that he leapt up the moment permission was given, soaring singing into the sky to join the other males who dared to try their luck. So far you've come, lovely one, from places I'd never guess or see. Let me hold you, and you can tell me all about them?

Marasemeth's Stats:

Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 13
Wits: 12

Base points for blue: 45pts
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
60pts total

Quote:
Sending up one if my own boys to chase too, but he is 100% just for flavor and not gonna win, so no worries heart My next post will kick off round one, with Ysalth.

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 35 ... 29!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:41 pm
Silly weyr walls, keeping Kahina out. And silly weyr males, thinking they were any match for Ysalth! The green was all but crowing to see a batch had indeed leapt to her siren call. Sad little bowl-bound weyr greens must be so drab and dull time after time. She was a literal breath of fresh air and they loved her for it, and she loved them for the love they gave her. Even that one brown that just reeked of hidebound stoicism. Like a rock amid a stream, that one, but even the rock was caressed by the rushing stream, so...for now, she deemed, he could stay.

My darling blues and dashing browns, how lovely of you to join me up here! Your sweet words would be all the sweeter if they came from mouths that had tasted freedom, but they'll do for now I suppose. Your words at least ring true, Minath--we are the wildest flower to ride the breeze over your weyr, and so you'd best try to keep up! You've the right spirit Altoth--what keeps you tied to this pile of rocks and sand? Wouldn't you rather dance forever? Sweet Marasemeth, you see stars in the light of day, just mind that you don't lose your way...and Komaith, isn't it? Not one for many words, so let your body tell me all you mean to say!

The green dove and twisted, darting just close enough to trace a wingtip or a brush of a claw against each male as she called to them, nearly tying herself in knots with the efforts, but slipping free at the last moment to spiral away, shooting out over the weyr's heart before tucking her wings to dive behind the lip of the caldera. And the moment the males began to follow her, she shot upwards again, and tgen down when they altered course, again and once more, darting up and down and between peaks as rapidly as she could to try to shake any who couldn't cut it.

Kahina's running up the worn trail towards the weyr had slowed and become something of a one-woman, glassy-eyed, twirling dance instead. She had never in their two turns together even considered holding off the dragonlust; from the first time the green had risen, Kahina had thought of it only as an experience to be embraced. She gave over all of herself to becoming that diving, soaring, twisting half of herself up in the sky--when the green trumpeted with delight, the woman cried out aloud, twin voices of rapture just to be alive and be feeling.

Ysalth's Stats:

Total score: 29

Males, roll dex + wits + stam! Keep track of your total from rolls, as your ending combined rolls after all the rounds is your final score. The goal is to beat Ysalth's score, but if that doesn't happen she'll choose from those who got closest.  
DruidTigeress generated a random number between 1 and 42 ... 34!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:49 pm
Altoth crooned delightedly when he felt the green's mind touch his, even more so than when her wingtip grazed against his side. The chatty dragon did love to talk during flights, though he tried to hold back at times knowing some preferred silence.

Love poured out of him as he thought about the answer. It radiated from every aspect of him. Love for her, love for his home.. The two were not at odds. One merely increased the capacity for the other. Being at Western was what allowed him to love with such a full heart. His forgetfulness was his blessing here, because he only remembered the good times. Every beautiful thing he'd experienced here. Every joyful moment he spent with a friend. Every second with Salva. He let these thoughts crystallize into a single feeling, which he poured into his words.

Incredible things live in this pile of rocks! Let me show you one of them. he said, just as she began to dive once more. Altoth followed her closely. He was close.. he'd been right with her throughout the swift dance along the Weyr's edge, though he knew this meant nothing so early in the flight. Still, it was an excellent opportunity to make a good impression. Snapping out his wide wings at the bottom of the dive, he soared upwards, turning a joyful barrel-roll in the air as he once again closed the gap her expert maneuvers had made between them.

((Opps! Realized I jumped the gun on this one! I'll post Salva's separately.))

------------

15+17+10 = 42

Total Score: 34

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Masterharper generated a random number between 1 and 33 ... 7!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Brown Minath's Stats

((Dex + Wits + Stam = 33...and he got a 7. Excellent show, Minath.))

The brown dragon did not mind that the wild green seemed to think little of those of Western. While he did not know this Ysalth, he found her free spirit enchanting. She was certainly going to give them all quite the chase, with how she twisted, wheeled, and turned on wingtip to tease them. He did not bother acknowledging the other males; he did not need to think of them or worry about them. No, he wanted to have all eyes on the dexterous green. She was deserving of no less.

So it was, the brown did his best to follow the green. Unfortunately, he was not nearly as flexible as the green lady, or even some of the blues. He was known best for his endurance and strength, which did put him at the slightest of disadvantages. Ah, but it mattered not. He was true of heart, and quite determined. All things in due time, after all. The flight had only just begun, and he knew the green was not yet ready to be caught.

Do not think me chained down, Wildflower. You may have freedom to go where you please, but I choose this place to be my home. A fine choice, too -- anywhere else and I might have missed your lovely invitation. And Ysalth was every lovely.

Even as he lagged behind, unable to follow her twisting, diving, and rising, the brown was not discouraged. He was given quite a show, after all, and could best enjoy the sunshine upon her twisting figure. He was biding his time.

~ ~ ~ ~

K'tos, unfortunately, was not prepared to suddenly find himself half-leapt upon. Thankfully, he was a sturdy man, and the petite Sunny wasn't too much of a burden. At the very least, her sudden appearance didn't cause him to tumble or misstep.

Unfortunately, Minath was being a terrible distraction. Flights had always hit the man hard, for better or for worse. While some were great at fighting off the dragonlust, K'tos was not one of those individuals. It was good that his brown was more choosy about who he decided to chase; K'tos wasn't sure he'd manage to get anything done if it was otherwise.

Thankfully, the flight had only just begun. He could at least manage to place the name of his present company. "Uh-" He started, trying hard to peel away from Minath's thoughts and feelings. Wildflower? No. Blonde. Blondes. Shaffit. Names weren't really important right now, were they? "Outside. The Weyrbowl I... think. Kinda turned around." He confessed with a shrug. He knew he was walking, but he also knew he was flying; there were doors, and mountains, and wind, and a green, and a woman. "I'm biding my time." That was definitely Minath talking. He cleared his throat and gave a small shake of his head. "Need something?" He asked, not quite sure if they were there on business, and not thinking clearly enough to remember that Altoth was up there with Minath.

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 35 ... 20!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:04 pm
Marasemeth hadn't risen to chase in turns--G'ar was prticular, and there had been none that Mara had desired enough to resist and go after. This lovely green was another story however. So young, but she just felt so different, so other, in an entirely fetching way. Perhaps, the blue though, if he could catch her, a bit of that wild otherness would be left behind and change him too.

He was limber and acrobatic, moreso than the browns that had come lumbering into the sky to try to woo his chosen star, but he was out of practice. He kept up, for the most part, but could not manage some of her more artful, spontaneous movements. Still, he did not lag behind, and that was something, right?

G'ar meanwhile had taken to pacing his weyr. He could very easily keep his mind split from the blue's, and half of himself very much wanted to barricade himself in the weyr, out of sight and out of mind. But didn't he love his blue? Didn't he want to share whatever this became with him? Atickle in the back of his head from the dragon himself decided it, and G'ar was out the door, down the hall, and heading for the weyrbowl before he could stop himself. Outside the weyr? It was unusual. It was madness. It was too shaffing hard to walk tht far when he half wanted to be as distracted as he was becoming.

Marasemeth's Stats:
Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 13
Wits: 12

Total score: 20  

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:16 pm
Masterharper

Salva grinned as she successfully pounced on her Weyrsecond. She'd been doing things like this for as long as she'd been at Western, from gap-toothed weyrbrat to cheeky candidate, and people were usually better at dodging her. Unfortunately for her (lucky for K'tos!) he was too tall for her to continue that long. Letting go, she dropped to the ground and moved to his side instead. She looked at his face and laughed. Man he was really out of it. Not that she didn't understand the feeling. In a few minutes, there'd be too much of Altoth in her to remember her own name, let alone how to get out to the Weyrbowl right now. But, for the moment, she delighted in the opportunity to link her arm with the Weyrsecond's, pat his hand reassuringly and, with just a touch of superiority, say, "Don't worry, darling. I'll get you outside."

She couldn't tell for sure that K'tos was even listening to her. His mind seemed to be elsewhere. He was 'biding his time', as he said. Sunny laughed, her amusement echoing through Altoth where it was amplified back at her. "Sure you are, handsome." she said, starting to pull him by the arm out through the remaining tunnels toward the Weyrbowl. And where was their lovely guest, she wondered. Even further outside, perhaps?

Kyrieko generated a random number between 1 and 21 ... 10!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:27 pm
Wings beating heavily, the large brown felt the others rising to the call. He paid them no mind, for the most part, simply acknowledging each in turn with a scowl. Then his attention fell back on the lovely green Ysalth. She was the only one that was important at this moment. Words can be overrated. Actions will speak louder. He responded with a calm yet confident tone.

Finia, on the other hand, had bid those of the traderfolk farewell and started to make her way back towards the Weyr. She highly doubted Komaith was going to be oh so generous in picking her back up. Especially if he didn't win. The brown would be cranky. And grumbly. He'd refuse to fly her back and instead, stalk behind her while she walked. So, Finia was saving herself the trouble and heading back before the sharding flight was over.

Besides, it let her enjoy the mingled feelings of dragonlust that were beginning to blossom. Komaith was rather pleased with the green that rose, and his emotions were rising with the chase.

-------

Komaith's Stats:
Brown Dragon: +40pts
Between 6-20 turns: +10
Average/Normal: +5
Not Nice: -5
50pts

Strength: 19
Defense: 10
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 7

5 + 9 + 7 = 21

Total Score: 10  

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 27 ... 17!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:08 pm
Ohi! See how they all went wheeling and turning after her through the air, such good little puffs of grass caught up by the gale of a storm! Altoth did very well to keep pace with her so nearly, and Marasemeth as well. No surprise really; blues and greens were often the best fit, though the more lumbering browns had their charms too. Komaith was entirely focused, interesting, if not her usual choice, and Minath was a charmer to the core. She laughed as much as a dragon could, and the twin tickle of Kahina in the back of her mind caused it--they were both in accord that it was a shame really that in the end they could only pick one male to win!

Down below Kahina let loose a whoop of pleasure as Ysalth began her next maneuver. "Out here, up there, look at them go, wow!" She wanted to call out to draw in any nearby participants' riders. She also was more than half consumed with the thoughts of her green, and far from coherant much any more. A passing rider, though not one involved, gave her an odd look and got back a sultry wink for her trouble. Ah yes. It really was a lovely day.

Up up up went Ysalth now, straining herself to poir on all the speed she could manage. A sprint if ever there was one, she knifed straight up through the clouds. Let then try to keep pace, and try to keep up. She would outlast them all, or at least she would try!

Don't any of you wish there was more to see? Places where we could fly free all we like? Come on up then, and maybe if you keep up i'll give you a little peek, you browns and blues! Komaith has it right; actions and not words, so come on and show me you can chase!

Ysalth's Stats:

Total score: 29+17=46

Males, roll strength + speed! Ysalth is still young so she sometimes makes poor choices as far as playing to her strengths lol.

Komaith, roll strength + speed + 2, as a bonus for catching Ysalth's eye, for now!

Masterharper generated a random number between 1 and 26 ... 11!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Brown Minath's Stats

((Total Rolls: 7 + 11 = 28
Strength 15 + Speed 11 = 26! Rolled an 11. How impressive of him.))

The green was certain a firecracker. With such a slow start, the dragon didn't have much speed to arrow up into the clouds -- but he could draw on his strength to make up where he lacked. With broad strokes of his wings, the brown dragon did his best to climb up in height and follow Ysalth through the clouds. Unfortunately, he hadn't yet found his stride.

He wasn't usually a slow or lumbering brown, but he also hadn't yet found any way to be flashy. No, if he wanted to impress the lady, he'd need to do so when the time was perfect. Right now, he just wanted to catch up, to draw closer, so then perhaps he might catch her eye.

You weave a lovely tale, and are a stunning vision among the clouds. it is clear your freedom serves you well. But those of us who prefer the Weyrs can serve you well, too. All you need do is give us a chance. More like give him a chance. Minath may not have been much of a poet, but his words were sincere. He had never been known to be rude to the ladies, particularly when they let him share their ledge. While Ysalth was no Weyr-bound green, she was no less deserving of a good chase and some spoiling.

~ ~ ~ ~

K'tos, on the other hand, was only too happy to accept Sunny's help. If he were less in-tune with his brown, he might have felt self-conscious bout the his bumbling ways. But there was little to worry bout; flights were common, and their effects could vary. Ysalth might be a green, but that no less diminished Minath's lust.

She was a stranger, an outsider; perhaps that's why he felt such a thrill.

K'tos, for his part, allowed Sunny to guide him out to the Bowl. He did not object to having his arm linked, though he was trying to be on his best behavior. The flight had just begun, but he was feeling a mix of competition and desire. "I don't know how she expects to be caught when she's so far away." It was a sigh not entirely his own -- part man, part dragon. Minath knew he was not nearly close enough, and K'tos knew they were still no where near where her rider might be. In fact, he didn't really know where she was at all.

"Where did she get to now?" He mused aloud. It wasn't exactly a question meant for Sunny, but he had yet to let her go. "This way then? We might yet find her if we hurry." He had enough sense to know the urgency. Green flights did not always last long, and the longer the minutes passed, the less coherent he'd be.

((Druid: If you want them to head out to where Kahina is, that's totally fine. Or if you don't, that's fine too. K'tos is just going to try to go "that way", at least that's what his instincts are demanding. Whether he's right or wrong, I'll leave it all up to you. Feel free to pose him as needed.))

Masterharper
Vice Captain

DruidTigeress generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 3!

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:33 pm
Though he was quick and agile through the turns and dives, there was no way Altoth could beat the strength or speed of the larger browns in a straight flight. The fact that he was so close to begin with meant he was able to remain as one of the front runners, though the other dragons had start gaining, eating away at his early lead. He let up a little, slowing the pace of his wing beats slightly. Though still tore after her, he didn't want to push himself to the point of exhaustion in a race he couldn't hope to win. There would be many twists and turns left in the flight, and he needed to be ready for the things where he excelled if he wanted a chance of impressing this magnificent lady.

Yes.. No matter. He was still doing fine. It was nice to slow down for a moment sometimes. All the better to appreciate the lovely view.

---

Outside now, Salva continued to move through the Bowl like a sleepwalker: somehow aware of everything that was around her, though her mind was somewhere else. In the back of her mind, she was still vaguely aware of where she was. Still vaguely aware of someone's arm in contact with her skin. But the rest of her was soaring. It was when Altoth faltered that she felt most pulled into his thoughts. She felt his momentary disappointment and responded with a wave of pride. We can do it, Altoth! We're doing great. "Forget about those stupid browns. They're just a bunch of trundlebugs anyway." she said out loud, apparently not caring who she was standing next to.

With every muscle of her dragon's body burning, it didn't feel right for her to be standing still. Her hand slid down K'tos's arm until she grabbed his hand instead. He was mostly leading the way now. She'd been gone there for a moment. "Let's hurry then!" she laughed, starting to run towards the entrance of the Weyr, still holding his hand for as long as he would follow her.

((Let's go ahead and have them head out them! x3 ))

------------

12+13 = 25

Total Score: 34 + 3 = 37

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff