[Round 1] Azar'bijan x Ud

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:08 am
Round 1 information:

- The winner of this duel will be guaranteed the rank of 'Corporal'.
- The winner is the lion/ness who rolls the highest number across 5 turns. An extra turn must be rolled by each player to break a tie. [Reminder of rolls: 1 - miss, 2 - bide/glancing attack, 3 - hit]
- Even if you rolled highest, if you fail to edit your rolls with an RP, your character is disqualified.

The deadline for this RP is: Sunday 19th March.

Good luck!

Kimaria

SilverLutz

Kimaria generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:53 am
User Image

[First move: miss]

Azar'bijan stepped into the fighting arena and gave himself a shake, stretching his limbs one at a time and trying to look calm and unaffected. And yet, despite his cool exterior, his heart was pounding. He wasn't a fool (well, not totally, anyway) and he knew that his temper and ego could flare and get the better of him. He knew it. Still, knowing it and being able to do anything about it were two entirely different things.

He was an angry individual but he still worked hard. Still did his job to the best of his ability. To be fair, the lion was his job. He didn't have much else. With Azar'bijan it was all work and no play.

He was curious about his opponent, however. If he'd heard it correctly, he was one of the Regent's 'favourites'. Well, maybe Azar could knock him down a peg or two. He was young. Barely grown into his mane. The older corporal was confident...

Confident - that was - right up until he made his first move and missed.

SilverLutz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 am
User Image

Move 1: Glancing Blow

Ud walked towards the sandy, smooth fighting arena in the pride, rolling his shoulders to loosen up a bit. He had recently joined the ranks of fighting adults within the pride, having completed his training and succeeded fairly well at it. He had already been on a few missions with his guard group and he felt very secure in his position in the pride.

So secure, in fact, that he had decided to try out for the little battle challenge to see if he could climb the ranks a bit. The last time he had entered one of these he had done fairly well, finding Agni-pariksha with just one other lioness out of all those that had hunted. This was more a test of battle strength and skill rather than tracking ability, though, so he had a new skill to prove.

His first test was a daunting one, that was to be sure. Azar'bijan was a well-known lion by Ud's standards. He was already a Corporal and had years of experience and learning that Ud couldn't hope to have. Still, Ud had confidence and a cool, level head. He was sure he could hold his own against the older lion.

Azar'bijan's first move was dodged, and Ud retaliated with a quick, clawless swipe. This wasn't to draw blood, after all.

Kimaria

Kimaria generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:24 am
[Second move: glancing attack]
[Total: 3]

The swipe that Ud threw caught a glancing blow at the edge of Azar's snout as he shifted his body and pulled his head back so as to avoid a smack full in the face. Blinking, the lion retaliated again, barely drawing breath as he lifted his other paw this time, only to find partial success.

Well, wasn't this frustrating?!

Was this young male really fast or had he just gotten...old? No. He wasn't old. Far from it, in fact! He snorted with irritation and spat out, "so is this talent or luck?"

In truth, Azar was jealous that the young lion had gained favour and he had not. He missed the old days...

SilverLutz
Sorry for multiple quotes. Just wanted to say that Ud is so handsome *__* does he have a girl? XD

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:43 am
Move 2: Bide
Total: 4

Ud was glad he at least touched the older lion in this duel and that alone gave him another little spike of confidence. He got a smack to his shoulder in return, but had dipped out of the way for it to do anything more than sting. The question made a little grin curl his muzzle and with his lowered brows it came across as more of a snarl than a smile. Still, his voice carried a teasing lit to it.

"Why can't it be both?" he asked, golden eyes watching the red Corporal intently, hoping to pick up on his next move to either dodge or counter it. It was amusing to think that Azar'bijan was generations older, and yet he was the one with the grey streaks in his mane.

Kimaria
Shhh don't tell him that he'll get all preeny XD He does not! Solo guy ;D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:11 am
[Third move: miss]
[total: 4]

Azar set his teeth tightly together. Oh, so this one had a smart mouth, did he? Fantastic! Just what he needed! Still, it was sort of good that they had talented guards amongst their numbers. At least he had been paired with one of his own and not a soldier.

"Why not, indeed," he retorted, "we'll test it, shall we?"

He lunged again, aiming a lower swipe this time - if he could land enough force around his ankles, the younger lion might stumble and then he'd be on him in a second! Just had to get him during a moment of weakness and all of this could be over!

SilverLutz
Sorry, double quote again. Forgot to change text size from tiny! XD /pets Ud's lovely mane. It is quite beautiful. I shall have a peek through my available ladies >> <<

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 am
Move 3: Glancing Blow
Total: 6

Ud gave the older lion a moment to move, and there it was. The lunge. Ud dodged the attack, once again swiping with his paw to land another light hit on the older male. He knew his skills were top notch as he was fresh from training and his first few guard missions, but a bit of luck never hurt anyone, either. He was more than happy to take both and use them to his advantage.

So far it seemed to be working. He wouldn't turn his nose up to it now if it was going to help him get through this first round. He had his heart set on the first promotion, but wouldn't mind if his luck and skill combination carried him further through the competition.

Kimaria
It's fine, I've only gotten one quote both times X3 And please do! He needs to make pretty babbins

Kimaria generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:28 pm
[Fourth move: Hit]
[Total: 7]

So far neither of them had landed a strong hit and, infuriatingly, Azar was still trying to figure a way through his defenses. The younger lion was playing defensively like any good guard should but that only made things trickier. He wondered, briefly, who had tutored the lion through his apprenticeship.

The young lion's glancing hit ignited the anger, only briefly, and with a muffled grunt of irritation he lunged again, moving into a risky stance to land a better hit. This time he felt the strike tremor up through his arm. Success! At last! That had taken way too long and though the duel was wrapping up it still felt too close to call.

He'd hoped to breeze through this round. Perhaps, he hesitantly admitted, he'd underestimated the competition...

SilverLutz
Ah, perhaps they've changed it so editing doesn't flag up a quote again. That's good! /rubs hands together. I might have someone perfect~ will send some details your way soon!

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:17 pm
Move 4: Hit
Total: 9

Ud wasn't surprised that Azar finally got a good hit. He was honestly surprised that it had taken this long for him to land one, in fact! He took the blow well, letting it absorb through his body, and yet he could tell that if claws had been involved it would have been a much harder blow to shake off. The feeling of confidence rolled off the older male in waves, making Ud stay sharp and alert. The end of the duel was nearing and he couldn't let up now.

Taking the confidence Azar was giving off, Ud summoned his own and returned the blow, landing a good strike on his own. He was holding his own pretty well against the Corporal and even if he did fall in the final round here against him, he hoped he could make a good impression on the older male. Sometimes having friends in high places were better than winning.

Kimaria
Huh, I didn't get a quote at all this time...I think Gaia's quotes have been getting messed up though. So maybe the double quote alerted me XD And yes please do!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:40 am
[Fifth move: miss]
[total: 8]

Ud's strike was a good one, sending the older lion flinching backwards instinctively to avoid a follow up. Putting the weight on his hind legs to push himself up and away from the attack, he threw out a paw - more to ward off than to land a hit. The paw swung through the air and a moment later he was back on all fours again, realising already that this was done. The time was up.

"If you want to try for a last hit, you're almost out of time!" he goaded, swinging around so he was more side-on to Ud.

SilverLutz
The quotes are so screwed atm .__. I shall PM you now! Also I'll give one last reply after your final roll to wrap this up :3

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:47 am
Move 5: Miss
Total: 10

Ud pulled away after his hit in time for a large red paw to breeze past him. His heart was still pounding with adrenaline and the goad for one more attempt at a hit called to him. He bounded forward and lifted a paw to strike, but pulled his punch at the last moment, whiffing wide of the veteran's head. It had finally gotten through to him that this was the end of the battle, that Azar'bijan was calling him the victor. It wouldn't do to hit a lion while he was 'down', so to speak. While the Firekin valued strength and power, they certainly didn't promote overkill. There needed to be some restraint shown in order to be a good fighter...or leader.

"I think I'll save some energy for later," he finally said with a wry smile before giving his head a quick bob. "It was a good fight, Azar'bijan. I'm Ud," he added, realizing the Corporal probably didn't know him from the next young lion. "Perhaps I'll meet you out on patrol some time."

Kimaria
Sure thing! -wiggles excitedly for pm-

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:48 am
(....forgot to roll. Whoops XD)  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:59 am
Azar snorted. He was a bad loser, normally but under the watchful eyes of the pride members who had gathered to watch, he held his tongue and, instead of throwing out excuses and angry words chose something quite out of character.

Perhaps the advice he had been given by a certain lion only a few days previously had been taken to heart.

"Listen well, Ud," he growled, "I'll be watching your next round and there'll be hell to pay if you lose it, ok?" And then, just to sound a little less like he was trying to be helpful, he added: "I want to say that I lost to a General."

And, with that, he turned and left the arena.

/fin

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff